often in the regeneration of the territory cottages have to cut down trees that are either dried up, or for some reason do not look good in the area: close light in the windows of homes, downing trees and neighbor, etc.But after the tree removed, the problem does not disappear completely.After all, it is the stump that the more difficult to root out than the larger diameter it has and the more developed root system was.However, there is a solution: every tree stump in the country is easily transformed into a masterpiece of decorative art.
- decorating methods stump
- painting stump in conjunction with carving
- Penh as a flower bed
- Stump with an ornament in the form of moss
- Decorative stump in fairy-tale style
- simplest ways to decorate stump
- tablefrom the stump
decorating methods stump
Like any work of nature, the stump can be very different appearance, and this, in turn, opens up unlimited scope for imagination.The most pop
- painting stump.
- Decorating stump with moss and flowers.
- turning it into a stand for flower pots, table leg, chair, pedestal vases and sculptures, fairy-tale castle.
- Production from the stump full table.
- Decoration stump figures or decorations ready.
consider how to decorate a tree stump in more detail.
painting stump in conjunction with carving
Before you begin to work on already uprooted stump, you need to stock up on the following tools and materials:
- or other textured paint.
now ready for decoration:
- Clear the stump of perennial layers of dirt and takes away the bark.Then clean of loose wood and those sites that have begun to rot and crumble.
- attach any stump attractive for us to form a saw and leave it to dry in the open air.However, future hack should not be exposed to direct sunlight, otherwise the wood will most likely crack (at least 5-6 days).
- At the end of dry purified again on the workpiece and loose wood fibers.
- Choosing paint for the treatment of the stump and nail to protect it from adverse weather conditions.If necessary, the surface of the stump was shiny and smooth, do not just use textured paint (for example, "Aquatex" or "Penoteks").On the other hand, in the composition of such ink it includes not only a coloring pigment, and a varnish with antiseptic significantly retard wood decay processes.Those who are tempted by the natural wood color, cover the stump in the garden of the usual nail, but his pre-impregnated with linseed oil.
- When the workpiece, which in the future, destined to become a decorative element in the garden, well dried, it should be thoroughly sanded.These functions are often used sandpaper, and the treatment is begun with nazhdachki with a major grain, gradually moving to a smaller, guaranteeing gladkostpoverhnosti.Application of grinding machines will significantly reduce the time and labor costs, but for grinding hard to reach places on the stump it is of little use.
- then stained or impregnate blank (the latter - if it will have a natural shade of a tree).
- a few days transfer the workpiece to a warm and dry place, avoiding, however, the direct exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
- Getting varnishing stump.Layers of varnish must be at least two, and preferably more, to the glossy surface and a shiny look.When the paint is dry, the workpiece set up permanent.
Penh as a flower bed
As wood refers to natural materials, decoration stumps will look especially great if a remnant of a large tree turned into a flower bed.To do this, take a hammer, a chisel, earth and flowers.
This is one of the simplest and most effective ways to disguise the stump:
- must first be placed in a hollow tree stump ground.If the stump core still intact, you will need a hammer and chisel, with which in the future flower beds make a hole in the form of flower pots.A more radical method is to make a wide hole in the stump - a burning kerosene.Option valid only if the thickness of the side wall of the stump more than 5-7 cm. In another case, keep the stump after removing the core simply will not succeed: it will fall apart in your hands.The wide opening hollowed poured kerosene and wait for about 12 hours while it is not well absorbed.Then add more kerosene is very close tightly and wait 1-2 weeks.Then the cover was removed, and the kerosene is ignited, thus releasing the core from the stump.
- To the flowers are not killed by waterlogged, provide drainage from the stump by making a small hole in the side of the bottom.
- Now it is advisable to choose flowers for planting in the stump.Against the background of a brown crust will look spectacular plants bright colors.With their planting is recommended not to forget a sufficient amount of water and fertilizer.If you want to completely hide the tree stump from prying eyes, it is advisable not to put plants in it and around it.
good addition to a bed, the stump will be colored stones, laid out around the intricate patterns.
Stump with an ornament in the form of moss
not require much time and serious material costs stump stylization of "antique" - with the help of moss.
However, remember that this is possible only if the stump is in the shade and enough cheese and humid place.
When transplanting moss:
- plant Pour a cup of buttermilk, then it is great to settle down on a stump.
- constantly moisturize moss with water, so that it grew more intense.
- Since moss tends to slide next to him, it is desirable to plant vines.
Decorative stump in fairy-tale style
Not everyone knows how to decorate a tree stump so that it has become a place of gatherings throughout the neighborhood kids.You must show a little ingenuity and place a stump (or better a few stumps) as a fabulous area.From tools and materials should take a hammer, chisel, sandpaper, crayons, antiseptic, wooden boards, hemp, chestnuts, white plug from the plastic bottles, adhesive bumps.
- First, clear from the bark of a tree stump, using a hammer and chisel.The chisel is inserted between the bark and the wood itself, and gently tapping it with a hammer.
- After removing the crust grind stumps using nazhdachku with an average grain.Take a damp cloth and remove arisen wood dust.Treated wood preservative.
- then paint the stump brown paint.Once dry, glue the top tow and bumps that will be improvised our hair "devil" and the side of the stump - chestnuts, mimic the eyes.Under them horizontally as sticking a twig - "mouth", which is then colored red paint.It should also be glued chestnuts "whites of the eyes" - a cover of plastic bottles and below between them inserted into a pre-made in a stump deepening suchok- "nose".Now fairy tale character is ready.
Another fabulous option - a house of Baba Yaga.To do this, take a hammer, a chisel, wooden planks and nails.Then:
- chalk to outline the place where will be located the door and windows.
- from pieces of wooden planks and door shutters do a value corresponding to the size and color of the stump.
- After drying, nailed the door and windows to the stump with nails (the latter bites hats).
- more magical atmosphere will create branches and driftwood that are placed around the picturesque disorder resulting house.
If desired, any stump easily becomes a hero beloved fairy tale.The most well out of it obtained various brownies, Treefolk, frights, mushrooms.Very bright and beautiful look stumps turned into toadstools.You do not need special skills: old enough to take a small basin, paint to paint it in the appropriate red and white and put on the stump.
easy to do from the stumps, for example, children's highchair.They are made as follows: take the seat from the old furniture, autopsied and its varnish with nails attached to the top of the stump.
stump like a fairytale castle will be a magnificent decoration of the infield.To do this, it does not even have to be cleaned from the cortex.The materials and tools are used by regular cutting board bizarre piece of particle board or a piece of peeled trunk, moss or oakum, set for carving.The works produced in this way:
- board or a piece of chipboard covered with protective varnish and nailed or screwed to the screws spilite stump.
- On this basis screwed previously carved out of solid wood wooden house.Its roof decorate, sticking her moss or oakum and tools for wood carving patterns on the wall is applied.After that, the construction of varnished or painted in any color of vending.Then, in the house of the first inhabitants of the lodge: the figures of fairytale characters or animals (for example, visual embodiment tale "Mansion").
simplest ways to decorate stump
How to decorate a tree stump in the country, when the difficult work such as woodcarving no time?For example, cut off the top layer of the cortex, we clean sandpaper and paint it in a cheerful red, orange, yellow.After that, cut out of plastic bottles flowers.
then cover them with a layer of paint and glue to SPIL and the sides of the stump.Around him, the plants are planted to such composition looked like a magical forest.Another interesting option - to hold the section of cable that passes through a specially carved into a tree stump a groove (it is worth to take care of good insulation), after which the saw cut on the stump install a light bulb.This allows you to make it a kind of flashlight.The same objective sought by painting the stump luminous paint.
table from the stump
table made of uprooted stump, would be not only an element of decor, but also quite functional piece of furniture for a warm family dinner al fresco.In the creative process, we need a chisel, chisel or crowbar, building level, planer, grinder or coarse sandpaper, chisels, stand or wheels of furniture, paint, soft abrasive cloth.Now actually about the process:
- Make sure the stump dry and well-crust moves away from him, and then, using the mount, a chisel or a chisel, remove the top layer of the stump is completely crust.
- now proceed to the alignment of the future table.Check with a spirit level, as is the flat lower surface of the stump.If there are distortions, grind down the side of the plane.
- stump surface should be smooth, so it is treated with sandpaper or a large grain grinder.When the cut is smooth and pleasant to the touch, put on the stump side and also polished on all sides.
- Cracks in stump cleanse the dirt and rot small knife, but try not to damage the texture of wood, as small cracks and knots give it an original look.
- After this process the grooves in the stump inside sandpaper and completely remove dust with a vacuum cleaner.
- to the bottom surface of the stump fasten furniture legs or castors that are easy to buy in any store.This is necessary not only for aesthetic reasons but also to ensure a good air circulation barrel; then it will be less susceptible to rotting.
- then varnish is almost ready table.After the first layer is deposited, wait half an hour to process the surface of fine-grained sandpaper (grain size 320 is preferable).To table served for as long as possible, it is recommended to apply at least 4 layers of lacquer, each after leaving the stump to dry for a time period recommended by the manufacturer of the lacquer.
- The final stage of a table does not require polishing, but to get rid of high gloss, use a soft abrasive cloth, which runs across the surface of the stump.Our table was ready for tea drinking!
A simpler version of the table from the stump does not require such procedures, and extract the stump out of the ground.He remains in the same spot where he stood, but he bolted over the countertop of any form, made by itself or bought in the store.A pair of old wooden stools or lacquered chairs create a unique home-like atmosphere in the holiday cottage.
Instead countertops sometimes mounted bird feeder trough, or for which the stump serves as a support.