No one would argue with the assertion that roses are the most beautiful flowers on earth.For hours you can enjoy these marvelous creations of nature and get aesthetic pleasure.People for a long time tend to bring this beauty, engaged in cultivation of roses in the gardens, decorating their streets, parks and squares.
- Roses Shrub Roses
- polyanthus rose
- Tea Roses Floribunda Roses
- Group grandiflora roses
- roses Climbing roses Miniature roses
- Ground cover roses
- Growing roses
- Requirements for the soil for planting roses
- How to plant seedlings grafted roses
- How to plant non-grafted seedlings roses planting roses
- How to keep the rose before planting
- Rose Garden Care
- Preparing garden roses for winter
Already a great many varieties of roses is steadily increasing thanks to the efforts of breeders.Therefore, growers should be very attentive to their choi
- need to buy such a kind as to their characteristics correspond to climatic conditions;
- also need to take into account the peculiarities of the soil in the garden, the ground water level, illumination.
With proper selection of seedlings and proper care, then they will thank grower for its magnificent works of flowering.
use in landscape design spray roses make the garden a special charm.The extraordinary popularity of these plants due to their beauty and unique flavor, rich selection of varieties with different colors and shapes of flowers, lasting and abundant flowering.
- use spray roses in the garden, having different terms of flowering, you can create amazing on the beauty of the composition, decorating the garden for the season.-Pink Bushes look great in single and group plantings, and in the background rabatok.
- spray roses is the progenitor of cultivated rose.This shrub, sometimes reaching a height of two meters, with double wide color gamut.There are varieties, blooming in the summer, two, or even three times.
These roses are very popular in the last century, until they were driven out floribunda.
- polyanthus roses reach a height of 40 - 50 cm, have a lush blossoms with small plush pink or red flowers that appear constantly and in large quantities throughout the summer.Less common are polyanthus roses with white or orange flowers.
- They are resistant to fungal diseases, tolerate dampness and cold.Therefore, the modern landscape designers often use polyanthus roses in borders and group plantings.However, they lack flavor.
The fact that from the tea roses everywhere make bouquets, shows the popularity of the group.Long buds open flowers, incomparable to any other in beauty and fragrance.They can safely be called queens roses.
- huge number of colors of tea roses.
- This ideal cut flowers for bouquets, as they have long and sturdy stems.
- Tea Rose is not only a beautiful flower, it has healing properties petals and fruits.From this rose petals vitamin teas brewed, by the way, hence the name of it.Beauticians and perfumers are widely used in their industries rose oil, vinegar and rose water.From the colors of the roses, even cook the jam.
believed that one first floribunda roses created Peter Lambert in more than one hundred years ago by crossing tea roses with polyanthus.
- They, like polyanthus, such as disease-resistant and cold, and the shape and size of flowers similar to Hybrid Tea.
- roses bloom longer and more abundant than the hybrid tea.There are varieties that are suitable for cutting and for growing in pots.But many varieties devoid of fragrant smell.
- floribunda form direct spreading shrub up to one and a half meters, have a cup-shaped inflorescence or goblet large double flowers, similar to the bouquets.
- flowering period they are wave-like nature, ie, the mass blooming buds replaced by periods of rest.During the season, there may be three waves of color appearance.
With further breeding them with other groups crossed roses.As a result of breeding work has appeared a group of varieties, which brings together a group called floribunda.The Group presents a huge number of low grades for curbs, medium and high grades.Planting and care of roses flaribunda not extremely difficult.
Group grandiflora roses
Just a few decades ago, crossing hybrid tea rose and flaribunta appeared grandiflora varieties group.
- These roses have inflorescences with large flowers of a tea rose and frost resistance, resistance to disease, the duration of flowering borrowed from the floribunda.
- very decorative group planting of roses.
Grades grandifloryKuin Elizabeth (QueenElizabeth) with double flowers saturated pink Montezuma (Montezuma), with dark orange-red flowers, red and dark red roses Skarletnayt (ScarletKnight), cultivar Stella (Stella) with light colors persikovo-pink color were awarded gold medals of exhibitions over the years.
They are different varieties of cultivated rose, and is used in landscaping parks, city parks and streets.
- Park different varieties of roses spreading tall shrub with dense foliage.They
- long blooming white roses terry, rarely orange and yellow.
- very elegant look hedges of park roses, as well as their group and single landing.
- In autumn, these bushes do not lose their decorative effect - the foliage takes on a bright purple colors, there are red fruits.
- Experts appreciate garden roses because of their simplicity of care and for the fact that they do not need shelter for the winter, as they have frost.
common varieties that are resistant to cold, are high rose Ritausma (Ritausma) with white flowers, PinkGrotendorst (PinkGrootendorst), Rugelda (Rugelda) and others.
These roses, having a flexible profusely long stems require support.Therefore, they are widely used for vertical gardening.
- Charming looks like a gazebo or garden arch, overgrown with flowering roses lashes.They bloom in large inflorescences season once, but for a long time and abundantly.However, they have no flavor.
- Melkotsvetkovye garden roses with stems up to 5 meters in length, also called rambler.They have a two-year development cycle.In the first year is the formation of zero-shoots that grow from the soil.In the second year of zero shoots appear flowering stems.At the end of the second season of the stems are cut, as they are almost a third do not bloom.Produce an annual pruning of old shoots need to give an opportunity to grow new shoots that will flower the following season.Currently, popular varieties of Dorothy Perkins (DorothyPerkins) and Ekstselsa (Exelsa).
Klaymberami ( Climber) called another group of climbing roses with larger fragrant flowers in form similar to the tea roses.There are blooming and perennial, and young shoots.They often bloom again.These plants have a long and tough stems, so they do a better crawl up a pole or other support, than to bend their arms.The most popular varieties - New UNV (Newdawn), Flamentants (Flamentanz), Shvanenzee (Schwanensee).
For inexperienced gardeners very suitable climbing rose Quadra Canadian breeding blooming all summer dark red flowers.Shoots in this class, flexible, no longer than two meters.They can readily bind to the supports.This rose is very unpretentious and frost resistant.It withstands strong Siberian frosts.However, it is better still to harbor.If all die suddenly shoots, spring plant produces some fresh shoots from the root, which later formed into a whip.
Roses this group is related polyanthus and hybrid tea roses are different slight increase.Usually they do not exceed 40 cm in height.
- They have a long and multiple flowering of different colors, resistant to winter cold.
- Sometimes plants simply cut and they spend the winter under the snow without any shelter.
- These roses are good in any garden - they decorate the curbs, flower beds, ridges.
to common varieties include DenizKassegren (DenizCassegren), ApricotClementine, Mandarin (Mandarin), YELLOW Dolly (Yellowdolly).
Canadian breeders derived variety MordenCardinette, having a small shrub, not more than 50 cm. The lush blossoms of bright scarlet roses appear throughout the season.
Also popular Canadian miniature rose varieties MordenAmorette, MordenFireglow, MordenCardinette.Very good are these roses in borders and beds.You can grow them in pots at home.All roses Canadian breeding resistant to winter cold and disease.
Ground cover roses
Group groundcover roses bred by breeders not so long ago.
- has a very dense low bushes and long flowering.Smaller flowers, single or double, are collected in inflorescence.
- With very often planted compact bushes, you can create a beautiful colorful carpet of roses.
- Although ground cover roses and consider frost, though for a good wintering harbor them better, if the terrain is not stable snow cover.
There are other ground cover roses, which have dense bushes that have long, flexible branches.They hang, creep along the ground and cover it completely.Currently become popular varieties Fairy (TheFairy), Gold carpet (GoldCover), Basie (Besy), Ondela (Ondela).
Although all varieties require different care in growing, though there are some general recommendations for planting roses.On them will be discussed below.
To rosebush bloomed abundantly throughout the season, and you could cut it with flowers for bouquets, you must choose a good viable seedling to plant it properly, in a timely manner to feed him, shelter from the winter colddo pruning, fight disease and kill pests.
Requirements for the soil for planting roses
- Roses do not like stagnant water.Choose a site should be based on the level of ground water, as the root system of these plants comes to almost two-meter depth.
- Rainwater also must not stagnate in the soil.Otherwise, the roots may die in oxygen.Therefore it is good if the plot of roses will have a small slope for water drainage.
Tip: As a rule, horticulture located in areas with high groundwater levels.In such cases, some fans of roses out of the situation, burying a great depth flat piece of slate or a large rock.Planting a rose, its central roots pruned.Deep were hidden barrier prevents root system to grow deeper, and she begins to develop in the horizontal direction.
- is best suited for roses fertile friable loam.Clayey and sandy soil unsuitable for roses.
Tip: in heavy clay soils need to make a pre-sand and sandy clay added.Thereby it settled permeability soil and its capacity for retention of sufficient moisture.
- to improve soil fertility in her make humus and humus.At the same time enrich the soil with organic phosphorus and other mineral fertilizers, can use bone meal.
Tip: good results for the strong bushes profusely gives application phosphobacterin containing soil bacteria that provide the plants easily absorb nutrients.
- Land for roses are prepared two weeks before planting.Dig planting holes with a diameter of 60 cm and 70 cm deep.They were filled with prepared and seasoned with a mixture of soil mineral fertilizers.At the bottom of the hole it is necessary to fill the drain 15-centimeter layer of gravel, gravel or broken bricks.
How to plant seedlings grafted roses
- Landscape roses are thrown so that bury the site of inoculation for 8 - 10 cm. This is done for the gradual regrowth of roots on the graft portion.
- During the season for the grafted rose constantly grows wild growth, which is very difficult to remove.To continue the remaining stumps shoots did not appear again, it must initially otkapal and remove from the root of the neck using a very sharp knife.If this procedure is done poorly, then every awakening buds will appear more and more wild shoots.
- If grafted rose plant shallow, so that the vaccine will be located outside the plant will be short-lived.Rose gradually depleted as rootstock and scion do not match.In addition, all the time formed the wild growth will pick up in the cultural part of the roses food and water, which will weaken its development.
As a non-grafted seedlings planted roses
- best to buy seedlings in containers, as they have closed ground root system (MCS).These plants are easier to tolerate a transplant.
- planted roses in late September that they had before the cold form and temper the young roots.In winter, the plant is covered with dry ventilated shelters.These roses in spring and begin to actively develop the root system and aerial part, which contributes to the formation of a strong hive.
- If bought seedlings whose root system is open, a day before planting they should be broken off and damaged crop roots shortened whip, leaving two buds on the shoots, and put into the water.The next day, the seedlings are placed in a half-hour mash of clay and mullein.
- When planting the root neck deepened to 10 cm, for the formation of additional roots.After falling asleep roots of the earth, the soil around the seedlings must be well sealed to them in a void.
- Then one bucket of water dissolve 1 tablet phosphobacterin and IAA, and this solution is poured fresh planting.
- Once planted roses, cover them with plastic wrap for a quick adaptation of plants to the new environment.The space under the film should be ventilated.The film was removed after two weeks.
Planting roses cuttings
- propagation by cuttings of roses suitable exclusively own-rooted varieties, rather than grafted plants;
- also desirable that the rose, which is taken from the stalk, was from the Russian kennel rather than imported.This will increase the likelihood of successful establishment.
- prepared the ground for the beginning of the cutting, which consists of the fertile soil, sand and peat in the ratio (2: 1: 1).
- Then he cut off the stalk, it is desirable that he was closer to the flower.It should remain 4-5 buds.
- One side treated stimulator rooting, for example, powder kornevinom.And stalks dug into the ground at a slight slant to the 2 kidneys.