now lights to give well represented in the portfolio of any Hardware store, but the prices are not encouraging their availability.Therefore, it is increasing popularity of manufacture of such lamps with your hands.
- What are street lights to give
- light sources in lamps to give
- Materials for lamps
- Features wiring in street lamps
- most popular types of home-made lanterns
- garden lamps as elements of decor
What are street lights to give
These lights must perform two main functions:
- Lighting around the house to its residents could safely walk on it in the evening and at night without fear of tripping or falling.
- serve as an element of decor, organically fitting into the concept of landscaping suburban area.
At the moment, the main varieties of street lighting for private households are divided into the following categories:
- Wall lights are ideal for lighting the entrance of the house and a small square in front of it(as well as the installed near the entrance gate or gates).They can be very diverse in form and decoration, but the most common so-called lights "antique", characterized by elegance and harmonious shapes.
- type lamp luminaires are installed directly on the ground or floor veranda.The classic version assumes a flat rack with a round ball on the end, but the current models are often significantly deviate from this pattern, differing variety of forms, the number of diffusers and height.The latter is generally from 0.3 to 0.5 m. Such impromptu "lamps" are usually given a very soft, nice and dim lights at the same time allowing to consider everything that is happening on the site.
- ground luminaires are mounted directly into the soil, which opens up unlimited opportunities for beautiful lighting of trees, shrubs and flowers, and along the walkways for the convenience of traveling on them.These lights are suitable for installation near and small architectural forms (a summer pavilion, swings, barns, etc.).They provide a beam of light directed strictly bottom-up and, in some models, its inclination can even change.Usually ground luminaires have a strict circular or rectangular shape.
- Chandeliers traditionally fixed to the ceiling joists on the outdoor veranda, sometimes to a tree branch, but it is quite difficult because of the technical difficulties connecting to the mains.These lights in the country, the photo of which is presented below, are typically long and strong chain terminating bubble of any kind and size.
light sources in lamps to give
The street lamps are used for a variety of country-house light sources.It can be:
- Conventional incandescent bulbs.Their advantage is low cost, but the ability to use these lamps for outdoor lighting is questionable.They consume too much energy, and excessive brightness does not allow to fully enjoy the beauty of the evening garden.
- Halogen lamps are more economical and will last much longer than incandescent bulbs, providing good color and intensity of light, but very hot and sensitive to sudden surges and contamination of the bulb.
- LED lamps can save up to 95% energy compared with conventional light sources.It's not the cheapest option, but they are known for their durability, do not contain harmful to the human body substances such as mercury.Also, any LED flashlight is equipped to give a very strong body, which in contrast to the glass bulb, not so easy to break.
- Solar.Lanterns light elements such perfect for installation in places land where to build a conventional wiring is problematic.Their main part - the battery is absorbing solar energy.After dark, a light turns on automatically.When fully charged the lamp is able to work without interruption for 10-12 hours.To place it should be only on the portion of the field where the sun shines most of the day.
Materials for lamps
The worst material for street lamps for the infield - a plastic that is easy to break or break.The most durable fixtures are made from steel, bronze, copper or brass.The steel models are resistant to environmental influences, but often look a little boring.
Brass fixtures perfectly fit into the interior area in the retro style, but do not forget that the copper in the air eventually gets oxidized and not very pleasant greenish tint.Bronze also darken over time and require constant cleaning.Practical and lights of brass, which combines high durability with aesthetic appeal.
However, lamp manufacturers of such materials requires a number of tools (drills, drill bits, screw kits, etc.), so popular and lanterns made from scrap materials: glass and cans, clay or even woodschepochek.They produce original appearance and to make them does not require special skills.The only disadvantage of such lighting - it fragility and a small life.
Features wiring in street lamps
When making lanterns for the infield is necessary to carefully approach the issue of wiring.To connect lighting devices to the network will need:
- Electrocable type VVG.
- terminal blocks to secure the joints.
- Metallorukav (corrugated pipe) to protect the wire.
To make the lights to give your hands, usually take two-core cable, the thickness of the veins which is 1.5 mm.To come back to the store then, it is best to just buy a whole bay in which the length of wire is 100 meters.There you need to buy and corrugated pipes with diameters from 18 mm to 25 mm, which will protect the electrical cable in the ground by rodents or accidental damage when digging the ground.
diameter holes in the terminal blocks usually ranges from 2.5 to 4 mm.They consist of one or two bars: what type to choose is determined by the number of connections in the lamp and lampshades.Pads should be calculated on the strength of the current in the 5-10 A.
At proper installation proceed as follows:
- digs a trench in which the cable will be laid.The optimal depth for them - 70-80 cm, and the distance from the ditch to the house should not be less than 60 cm.
- In the case of lamps "torshernogo" type, first set the metal legs and dragged through them one by one cable.Where it will be located in the trench, be sure to put it in gofrorukav.After carrying through all of the planned lighting cut the cord so that the length of the tail was at least 10-15 cm.
- Then prepare a second section electric wires, also run it through the corrugated pipe and the top of the lamp cable connects both terminals.
- If the lights are located on the facade or the wall, switch boxes should be securely isolated.The best option - it is the box in which wires are connected to the clamping nut.Sometimes, simply connect the wires with pliers, but then be sure to perform better each solder joint.Designated lay carefully wrapped with electrical tape.
- now proceed to the installation wiring.Since it is equipped with two wires - "zero" and "Phase", you must make sure that the switch is produced opening phase conductor.Then, when the switch in the "off" when replacing the lamp burnt completely no risk of getting an electric shock.Determine the phase conductor with a special indicator.
- As a point of connection is quite suitable conventional outlet.In this case, de-energizing the whole system can be performed quickly, simply pull the plug.But has the right to life and a way to connect the cables directly to the terminals on the electric board, which is usually equipped with a special automatic fuse, disconnect the power supply in the event of an accident.
- When the switch is required to check whether its rated load capacity of the network.
- Before you dig trenches, make operation of all lights in the area and strengthen the pillars around them rammed stone chips or clay.In light soils, it is recommended to fill in the concrete supports for the lamps.
most popular types of home-made lanterns
More and more owners of villas and cottages strives to make decorative lights to give yourself.At sites you can find a variety of modifications of lighting:
- in the form of garlands, where shades are plastic bottles and cups.
- of PVC pipe,
- from glass and cans and cartons of milk,
- building materials,
- old kitchen utensils.
Very often material for lanterns on the plot are glass jars or bottles.This bowl is made very quickly, and the transparency of glass allows light to pass freely through its walls, creating a striking beauty effects.To produce this lamp need a glass bottle, chuck, pliers, insulating tape, lamp and a knife for stripping insulation on electrical junction, as well as decorative elements.Now we need to make the following operations:
- Perform wiring, connect the wires in the cartridge and screw in a light bulb it.
- Take a bottle with a narrow neck, preferably from alcoholic beverages, unusual shape or color solutions, and place on the bottom of a variety of small beads that reflect light transparent beads, ground glass.
- Screw the finger thin multicolored wire so that it turned out spiral, and also put it in a bottle.
- then lower the cartridge with a lamp in a makeshift ceiling and securely fasten it with silicone.
more durable option - it is forged lantern.For its production need steel rods, bars, angles and welded unit.Forged lamps do as follows:
- Make housing 4 steel frames having a trapezoidal or rectangular shape.To use this area, the section which should be 15h15h2 mm.
- outside the scope of close bars that are either simple or contain volutes and swirls.They are welded from a steel rod, whose diameter is 05 mm.The entire body is covered with metal cap on top.
- Holder, responsible for fixing to the wall, made of steel rod square-shaped cross section which is equal to 12-14 mm.The material for the manufacture of the lower curls become thin steel strip.Electrically connected to the ends of the curls and by means of interceptions.
garden lamps as elements of decor
In order to add new notes in the interior area, you should pay attention to the various forms of lanterns for country houses that will help the site to tune up with new colors.So, along the tracks can be placed lighting mushroom shape at the top of which is a nice bowl-cap.In this case, the light is reflected downward, creating a unique atmosphere of magic.
unusual look and torshernye fixtures in the form of a cylinder or a waterproof floating balls (if the house has a swimming pool).As light sources often use special luminous benches, vases, sculptures and pots in which flowers grow.This effect is achieved by using a special halogen paint, which gives a fluorescent light in the darkness.As you can see, ideas for DIY production of light sources simply inexhaustible.