expensive repair, and repair someone else's hands is doubly expensive.It is therefore not surprising that more and more people are starting to learn a second profession - DIY.And at an early stage often have questions, such as what tools to buy: hammer or hammer drill?And it is not uncommon, as described in the following aphorism.
«Guide - a paper that is usually read in two ways:
- When there is nothing to read;
- When it was all broken. "
But let's still try to avoid the second option, and, having become acquainted with these two instruments.
- an electric device
- device punch
- Scope drill and punch, or what is the difference?
an electric device
electric drill, an indispensable tool in any kind of repair.But to understand the specifics and purpose of the instrument, perhaps, it is a little step aside in theory parts, namely, to consider how this works.
Consider the basic components and briefly analyze their "role"
- holder (1), its task is to hold fast to the instrument, be it a drill, tools for grinding, or use a drill as a screwdriver;
- Reducer (2), his "role" is to reduce the number of revolutions of the motor armature, and their number is measured in the tens of thousands per minute, and transfer energy through the rotation of a drill chuck.In the same gearbox, the so-called "shock" electric drills is a mechanism to create a "strike", the ratchet mechanism, how it works is clearly visible in the following video (and even a little mistake translators, calling hammer drill hammer, essentially it does not change).This arrangement provides, in effect, the vibration of the spindle in the axial direction towards the drill.Ieof the impact No impact energy is not, there is a "jump" in the teeth of the ratchet.It is important to take note of, see below why.
- motor (3), a task clear, taking electrical power from the network and convert it into rotational energy.
- start button (4), as is clear - make or break the power supply circuit of the motor.The figure above shows the "wheel" on a button.His task - to adjust the number of revolutions of the motor, over / under.In other models it may be located in different parts of the instrument.
- mode switch (5), from the ordinary to the hammer mode.Again, we will send you a video where shows the good principle, becausebetter to see once than ...
- housing (6).
- induction rings or reactors (7).They are set to smooth the frequency component of the current.But we will not go into their purpose and function, our article is not about the repair tool.Especially since not all models are available.
- capacitor (8), is needed to protect against electrical interference in the circuits of the motor and damping anti - EMF on the brushes, ie,removes heat and sparks during the starting of the motor on the brushes.
- Network cable (9).Moreover the start button located above the handle reverse.
That actually is the basic design of any electric drill.
Electrical punch realized identical to an electric drill.Consider the basic structural differences from the punch drills, ie,which is not in an electric drill.Namely - the hammer mechanism.Let us look more to this "beast."
general strike mechanisms are of two types: electromagnetic and electro.The first is not widely spread in mind high sensitivity to dust (easily damaged).
Electro-shock mechanism is shown below the video.
In turn, such a system is divided into two subsystems: on the basis of "drunken" Bearing (in the image below) and crank mechanism.The first embodiment has a smaller amount of impact energy respectively used perforators light and medium types.The second option - medium and heavy.
This type of drills, usually have three modes of operation:
- - drilling;
- - Hammer drilling;
- - kick.
How it works.Electricity converted into rotational energy of the motor through a gearbox, is transmitted to the inner sleeve "drunk" bearing or gear crank mechanism.In turn, the bearing or a crank mechanism moves the piston.The piston in a sealed "pipe" partially exposed to air, partly direct impact energy drives the ram.Taran, set in motion, transfers the energy of impact on the firing pin, respectively, going blow nozzle on the surface.
Another distinctive feature of the gun drill is the presence of a protective sleeve.It is necessary in connection with the structural features of the punch, such as the inability to rotate the drill in the chuck by its jamming.This coupling is in such cases extinguishes torque.This is achieved as the protection of workers and the actual instrument itself.
There is the presence of anti-vibration system and some other nuances, but for an understanding of the main differences between an electric punch from above is enough.
Scope drill and the gun, or what is the difference?
We have seen what the structural difference between the gun from the hammer drill.In this article we'll look at the difference between a drill and hammer from the point of view of the user.
- Other basic features.In an electric drill is the amount of torque or torque.And the gun do you think?Here's what Wikipedia says: "Power Punch determined impact energy (in joules)."As you can see they originally quite different purpose.Torque on the spindle punch much lower than at the time the drill at an identical motor power.So the question is: what is best drill or a hammer, all the same, that question, it is better to fork or spoon?They are different.
- mode.This point follows from the foregoing points.The main mode of drill - woodworking and fitting with a high degree of accuracy in materials such as metal, wood, tile, etc.Punch - a machine designed for work with concrete and brick.Accordingly, the time and quality of work with such different materials will be completely different.Iefunction at the rebound drills - auxiliary for a single job, punch odd jobs - drilling and rebound (remember the three modes of punch).If these requirements are not met instructions - rapid wear, costly repairs and reading instruction "when everything is broken."
- differences drill and punch also lie in the machining accuracy of the material.Look at the gun cartridge, its abbreviation SDS +.In fact, the use of this type led to the end of the cartridge gun versatility.Why is that?Consider drill for thereof.In stock we have two lines and two oval grooves.The first "play" the role of rigid rails.Oval groove in the chuck with the ball, the fixing of the drill, but it is not so rigid, sliding with a certain stroke.With this end of the drill has an orbit of rotation, and the longer the drill - the greater the amount of such an orbit.In such a situation, what kind of precision drilling can be said?Therefore, you can not hammer drill wood or metal, or rather can be, but not for long (see. The previous paragraph).And the accuracy of the drill hole is unlikely you will be satisfied.
There is a true system HR2450FT, is when there is an opportunity to change the cartridge from the gun to the more familiar - like a drill.Accuracy will be more, but the depreciation of fixed nodes tool that does not change.
to the place, long-term work in the punch mode jackhammer as pernicious as the regime in an electric shock.This is due to high load on the shaft, and it is simply not designed for it.Accordingly fail prematurely.
summarize.If you plan on redecorating, with a single drilling concrete or brick - take a drill.But if you plan to major repairs, with knockout holes for the same outlet - without the gun in any way.Ideally, the home craftsman, if the financial condition allows, must select and drill and hammer.