Among the large number of options for making waterproofing, liquid glass highlighted many advantages.About features, application and characterization of the material discussed further.
- general concept and advantages of liquid glass
- the use and variety of liquid glass
- practices for working with liquid glass
- Liquid glass - User and usage
- liquid glass for waterproofing - nuances in applying
- recommendations on the selection and purchase of liquid glass
- Cooking Tips solutions based on liquid glass
general concept and advantages of liquid glass
The term water glass is meant a solution based on water and sodium or potassium silicate.It has a viscous texture, and therefore copes with the performance of works related to waterproofing.
If we consider the composition of sodium silicate, then it is easy to see small crystals which, after applied onto the surface increases, thus filling small cracks.It is thanks to this structu
If we talk about the principle of the action of liquid glass, it has the ability to glue.This is evident from the fact that the molecules of a solid material that does not have a close relationship between the fall of water glass molecules that penetrate into the inner part of the solid molecules and thus their adhesion is obtained.
Liquid glass resembles rubber, which is in the liquid state.After its application, the surface becomes water airtight.The composition includes sodium silicate or calcium-sodium silicate to which was added soda or quartz sand.In the production of liquid glass is its crushing, secondary crushing, and burning in the powder mass.
mixture of sodium silicate has properties:
- water repellent - ie vodoottalkivatelya;
- antiseptic - prevents the formation of bacteria;
- antistatic - no electrification;
- hardener - a material that is applied to the liquid glass, it is durable;
- fireproof material resistant to fire.
This material has many advantages, learning about water glass reviews, allocate such its advantages:
1. Liquid glass is a liquid adhesive that is easy for a flowable state is able to penetrate into the smallest pores andcracks.Also, it is characterized by a strong bond with the surface and easily covers both concrete and wooden bases.
2. Creating a waterproof liquid film is another advantage of this material.Regardless of how the coating is made of sodium silicate, moisture resistant and turns the entire surface.
3. A small flow of liquid glass is also his dignity.Especially in the case where it is added to a solution of cement, as a waterproofing penetrating type.
4. If you compare the cost of liquid glass with other waterproofing materials, it successfully they win, because it has the most affordable price among alternatives.
5. Waterproofing liquid glass has a useful life of 5 years.This material gradually destroys itself, but if the protective layer to cover the waterproofing paint, it will last much longer.
6. It is the only insulator that allows operation even in environments with high humidity.
Despite the many advantages of liquid glass, and has a number of shortcomings:
1. It has a limited scope of use - is used as a waterproofing surfaces of concrete or wood type.It is prohibited to use water glass solution for waterproofing of the brick surfaces, due to their possible destruction.
2. The film, which forms a water glass, quite fragile, so it should be used as a combination of several types of waterproofing.
3. The complexity of the application - the material dries quickly and forms a film, so the required skills to do high quality waterproofing.
Liquid glass photo:
the use and variety of liquid glass
As mentioned above, the water glass is not suitable for all materials, but its scope is rather wide.Sodium silicate is used in these cases:
1. By adding waterglass into the slurry, then we obtain reliable coverage, protected from moisture and groundwater negative influence in the case if the solution is used to fill the foundation.
2. Liquid glass is used for waterproofing of swimming pools or ponds.
3. It is used as an adhesive for bonding various kinds of construction materials.
4. It is used for the production of solutions with refractory or acid-fast performance.
5. If in the house there is a problem of mold or fungus should be applied several layers of liquid glass on a pre-cleaned the affected areas.
6. Apply a solution of sodium silicate as an adhesive for the repair of paper, cardboard, wood or porcelain.
7. In order to seal the seams malopodvzhnye or plaster pool perfect solution of cement and water glass.But keep in mind that working with such a solution should be fast, as after a while it thickens and becomes unusable.
8. If you plan to build a house on soft ground, which in a few years will shrink, then a solution of liquid glass cement used for injections, which are administered into the upper layers of the soil.
If we consider the scope of the use of sodium silicate as waterproofing, then select these options:
1. Liquid glass is used as a surface waterproofing.Before installing the roll waterproofing applied on the surface of several layers of sodium silicate.The solution is perfectly fills all the cracks and pores of the concrete surface.
2. A solution of sodium silicate cement is used to eliminate a serious leak or as precast basement waterproofing seam type.
3. Liquid glass is part of the concrete, it improves its integrity and provides waterproofing.
Distributed two kinds of liquid glass:
first option has a good tack, is used for waterproofing of the foundation of the building.Included in the impregnation antiseptic action.Excellent interacts with compositions based minerals.
second type is the addition of metal and improves the stable characteristics of the glass.Resistant to acids.Not has characteristic glass luster, so applied as coloring surfaces.
practices for working with liquid glass
If water glass is applied to the surface, it is pre-diluted with water at a ratio of 100 g of material, 200 grams of water.In this case, per square meter require no more than 300 grams of solution.
waterproofing with liquid glass is used on the walls, which weathered plaster or concrete walls with irregularities.Use liquid glass will strengthen and smooth the surface and create a protective layer of antiseptic.
There are several methods of applying the material.Before primenenyat water glass should degrease, clean and align as much as possible.If you want to steep concrete at a shallow depth of three millimeters, use a brush or spray gun.If necessary, the deep impregnation which exceeds two centimeters, it is necessary to put at least three layers of a solution.
If water glass is used for waterproofing concrete floor or screed, one liter of material is added to 10 liters of concrete solution.Also, liquid glass is an excellent anticorrosive impregnation, it is treated with metallic structures.To protect against leakage of the pool water is also used applying a solution of liquid glass.Water glass is a member of refractory paint applications.
Liquid glass - User and usage
To prepare the solution of concrete and water glass proportion is one to ten.This mixture was used for waterproofing of a well, a swimming pool, bathroom, basement and other structures made of concrete or reinforced concrete.
application of the material, is easy enough process, during which formed on the surface protective layer that is a barrier to moisture.
should not be treated in such a raster facade, if you plan to further his painting since paint adhesion and walls will be low, and the paint almost fall on the surface.
When working with liquid glass is recommended to use special clothing.To make the traditional type Russian furnace, a solution based on cement and water glass.The component ratio of sand: cement: silicate glue - 3: 1: 0.2.The result is a mixture resembling dough, are very convenient to use and has good performance as the material for the construction of the furnace.
use of silicate glue supplemented with liquid glass, is very popular among the builders.It is used for the purpose of bonding the tiles from PVC or linoleum.Liquid glass obscure water pipes to prevent water leakage and seal the joints.To make a protective fireproof fabric, it is also used as waterglass impregnation.
Liquid glass - a versatile material, which is used even in horticulture.When the small wounds on trees or bushes, they obscure the liquid glass.It is antiseptic and prevents the development of harmful bacteria.
liquid glass for waterproofing - nuances in applying
Before you apply the liquid to the surface of the glass, it should be sure to remove dust and dirt.
then perform the following steps:
1. A brush or roller, apply a liquid to the surface of the glass.
2. Wait 30 minutes and apply another coat.Try to keep it evenly to prevent any omissions.
3. The next step - the preparation of the protective layer.Make conventional solution based on cement and sand.Add the water glass, on the proportion of one to one.
4. Mix and a very fast pace, apply to the surface.For the second time such a solution is not applied as a function of the liquid glass will not be executed.
5. Always mix gradually apply the solution onto the surface with a cement trowel standard fiber.
And remember, before using water glass, it must be inspected for cleanliness, foreign objects or lumps.The shelf life of liquid glass long enough and wide temperature range.Therefore, even if it is stored outside in winter time, its quality will not be affected.
consider applying liquid glass on the foundation:
- clean the surface of various types of contaminants with sandpaper;
- for uniform application of the solution, use a roller;
- apply a second and optional third layers, after 30 minutes;
- Insulate the foundation with mineral wool or foam.
recommendations on the selection and purchase of liquid glass
To buy a water glass, please contact at any hardware store or market.Among the large number of producers of liquid glass, there is virtually no difference in its composition.Therefore, any manufacturer to prefer, a private matter.But, in principle, even the cheapest material has the same characteristics as the road.
Liquid glass price ranges from $ 2 per 10 liters.As you can see stuff, really expensive, but at the same time multi-functional.
If you make a choice between liquid glass sodium or potassium type, each option has its own advantages and disadvantages.
potassium water glass is used for the foundation, since it is more viscous, and soda - for waterproofing of building purpose other objects.
Cooking Tips solutions based on liquid glass
1. There is a variant of preparation primer on the basis of liquid glass.It not recommended to treat the walls with a solution of pure liquid glass.Due to the antiseptic properties of the liquid glass copes with priming function, prevent mold and mildew and improve adhesion.
To prepare a primer on the basis of liquid glass must have:
- liquid glass,
amount of cement and water glass equally, and the water is to make a mixture of liquid suitable for application to the wall with a roll.First, the cement is mixed with water, and then add water glass.To do this, use a drill with a mixer or a building.It is recommended to use the solution for half an hour, if it has hardened - add a little water.
2. For the preparation of waterproofing and fire resistance of the solution should take a little sifted sand.Like parts of water, cement, sand and water glass mixed.This mixture copes with waterproofing wells.
3. Antiseptic solutions help to avoid the appearance of micro-organisms or bacteria.His cooking - simple process.To this mixed liquid glass with water one by one and the cover with such a solution, such as a wooden surface.This is much cheaper than traditional moisture resistant impregnation, but no less effective.
4. To make the impregnation of liquid glass, which cover the walls, ceiling or floor, it should be in one liter of water to dissolve four grams of sodium silicate.
Liquid glass Video: