Did you know that the wallpaper have been invented by the ancient Assyrians.Of course, they are very different from those of today decorate your home, but the very idea of creating decorative color strips for sticking them on the wall belongs to this nation, who lived a thousand years before our era.The first wallpaper is a fabric pieces, painted in white or black.Yes, they were gloomy and boring, monotonous and absurd, but these inconspicuous patches were able to radically change the atmosphere of the ancient homes, to transform it and add in the "interior" fresh emotions.
Modern wallpaper is not like the old, but looked at a huge range of finishing material, I could not help thinking: "How lucky ancient Assyrians - they did not have to think about what kind of wallpapers to choose and how to do it, because their imagination was only enough for theto come up with two types of tapestries - black and white. "
- Choose the type of wallpaper
- Paper wallpaper Vinyl wallpaper
- Non-woven textile wallpaper
- Choose a color wallpaper
- natural lighting
- operable premises
- Room size
- few tips last
Choose the type of wallpaper
You can not bring a complete classification of modern wallpaper, because every year their types and species are increasing, however, to identify the main criteria distinguish them from each other is quite real.
wallpaper In appearance can be classified as follows:
- Relief.Drawing on these and wallpaper in appearance and feel convex or concave.It is clearly visible and gives the web special chic and elegance.In turn, relief wallpaper can be corrugated or embossed.
- simulates the texture of different materials.Externally, these wallpapers practically does not give himself - they are so precisely can transmit the beauty and naturalness of tiles, bricks, plaster, metal and other decorative materials, that it is impossible to distinguish "who is who".
Depending on the level of water resistance wallpapers divided into:
- Classic wallpaper, which have no protective top layer, and does not provide any cleaning except dry.
- washable wallpaper, which can be washed lightly moistened cloth or sponge and cleaning without the use of detergents.
- Washable wallpaper, able to withstand both dry and wet cleaning using detergent.
- Supermoyuschiesya wallpaper different from the above mentioned types in that they can not only wash with a sponge and brush, the cleaning procedure can be carried out at least every day.
According to the degree of density wallpaper can be divided into two types:
- Light - their weight does not exceed 110 g / m².
- Heavy - weight of such multilayer trellises can transship far 110 g / m².
And depending on the type of foundation and technology of wallpaper are classified thus:
strange, but wondering what to choose wallpaper for the house, anyone remember not fancy fiberglass and classic paper, such that decorate the walls of apartments during the Soviet era.Subtle, inconspicuous, sprawling in the hands of the glue strips of paper in those days were considered a luxury.Today, this kind of wallpaper has not lost its popularity and even managed to earn points in their kopilochku benefits.
replaced by a grayish paper wall tapestries came the modern type.Now they even have their own classification.Simplex and duplex - so should be separated modern paper wallpaper.
Simplex - a classic single-ply paper wallpaper with a pattern applied to them.
Duplex - two-layer analog having base paper and decorative coating with a pattern.
Naturally, the second type of wallpaper somewhat stronger than the first, but, nevertheless, paper wallpaper no different high strength and moisture resistance, I can even say that they do not possess them.In addition, the paper quickly fade in the sun and almost hides the shortcomings of the walls and the entire premises in general - cracks, bumps and other imperfections will not disappear and will become even more noticeable.
With its arsenal many negative traits, paper wallpaper can still proudly declare themselves in apartments where there are small children and animals.Cheap tapestries do not mind izrisoval pencils and paints, izgryzt teeth and claws to break - they can always be replaced and not spend a fortune.
This type of wallpaper can boast the presence of two layers - cloth or paper substrate and decorative layer of PVC coated with a pattern.It is through the top layer of vinyl wallpaper can withstand pollution and mechanical effects, although from the teeth and claws of a cat or dog, they still can not be saved.
Species vinyl wallpaper there are many, and not the fact that a year or two they will not more.So far, progress has focused on the following:
- CD vinyl - wallpaper imitating heavy materials, such as plaster, stone, brick, textiles.They are resistant mechanical stress, have high strength and simplicity of operation.
- yazhely vinyl - wallpaper, often used in rooms with not very smooth walls.These wallpapers due to its density and spotted the figure perfectly hide imperfections and flaws of the surface.
- vinyl wallpaper with chemical embossing - finishing material date for the apartments located on the sunny side.He did not fade in the sun and is able to endure wet cleaning with detergent.
- silkscreen - smooth wallpaper with shine, reminiscent of a sheen of silk.This type of vinyl wallpaper should be used to perfectly smooth wall.
Steklooboi - rage.This modern finishing material is different from their "brothers" in that it is based are woven glass fiber yarns that make seemingly ordinary wallpaper into a real fortress, solid and reliable.
advantages of glass cloth wallpaper:
- Ecological and hypoallergenic
- High strength and resistance to mechanical stress (dogs fangs, claws, cats, etc.)
- Durability (30 years for them is not the limit)
- Economy (fiberglass can be painted up to 20 times in their entire "life»)
- huge range
Besides glass cloth wallpaper allow the walls to "breathe", thus preventing the odor of dampness and mold.And they by strong reinforcing fibers effectively protect the walls from cracking and the formation of various defects.
Steklooboi differ only in appearance.For example, the most popular are "models" in the "Christmas tree", "matting", "diamond", but according to the customer on the surface of the material can be applied to almost any figure.
This type of wallpaper is made not of paper but of nonwoven - materials with a fine texture and a smooth surface.The basis of it - is viscose, which gives the wallpaper strength and elasticity.In spite of this, non-woven tapestries are not subject to shrinkage and did not stretch during sticking on the wall.
Besides these wallpapers can be painted, and repeatedly.This last fact has turned into a non-woven wallpaper decoration material №1 in the world, after all, stick them one time, you can at least every year to change the color of the walls.And when tired, you can easily rip, the surface will be absolutely clean.
But that's not all - of the adhesive composition applied to the reverse side of the web, allows a decent save on glue, because it should be applied only on the wall.
Fleece wallpaper are of two types:
- vinyl-coated non-woven
first differ from the latter in that the upper layer of a thin vinyl film with microscopic pores that allow the walls to breathe.Besides these wallpapers have a pure white color without the slightest hint of at least some shade.
fabric wallpaper made of paper or nonwoven with a base layer applied over a variety of woven materials.It can be silk, linen, velvet, felt, and even jute.These wallpapers are sustainable and originality.
Textile wallpaper are of two types:
There are also seamless wall coverings, which are made of very dense tissue.The room, "covered with" thus looks like a monolith - the walls perfectly smooth coating, never seen joints and seams.Although one seam is still there, but the experienced master will try to hide it out of sight.
Wallpaper textiles have a number of advantages compared to traditional finishing materials for the walls.They are elegant, luxurious, exclusive, original and unique.This interior will undoubtedly attract attention to himself.In addition, the fabric is a great great sound and thermal insulator.
Have textiles and disadvantages.First of all, it is the instability to dirt and dust and a fairly high price.
Select color wallpaper
If the type of wallpaper can be determined quickly enough, then their color is usually a problem.They are connected, first of all, with a huge range of this type of materials, and after - a banal lack of knowledge of the basics of interior design.In fact, everything is simple, even elementary.For a start, you can view a small video scene that helps you navigate through the sea of shades and colors.
There are three main criteria on which the choice of color should be made Wallpaper:
- level of natural light the room
- functional purpose room
- room size and configuration
And now in more detail about each of the criteria.
great importance when choosing the color of finishing materials, such as wallpaper, playing the number of windows in the room and the party to which they go.Rooms located on the south side of the house, usually light.Therefore, their use is preferable to finish gray, green and blue shades that allow you to visually expand the space and a little "cool" the interior.The dark room is recommended to paste over bright wallpaper in warm colors - light beige, lemon, golden tones are ideal for small and dimly lit rooms.
Each room should choose your wallpaper because all the rooms in the apartment are individual and are distinguished by their functional accessory.
So, for corridors and hallways suitable wallpaper dark colors with water-resistant surface.In these areas the chance of contamination is quite high, so the walls must be protected durable wallpaper, able to withstand wet cleaning.As for colors, the dark blue, brown, burgundy color will be most welcome.They will hide dust and dirt particles, accidentally fell on the surface of the wall.
living room can be used for both light and dark shades of wallpaper, but it is worth considering that the room is actually the person apartments, so the choice of color should be approached with great responsibility.It is advisable to choose wallpaper for furniture or furniture under the wallpaper - so the interior will look much more expressive.
In the nursery choose wallpaper hardest, because the child - the person has not yet formed, and thus very susceptible to any external interference.The kids will be happy to see on the walls of his room colorful characters of his favorite cartoon.And teenagers can recommend bright, non-aggressive shades, so as not to distract the child from school.
smaller height of the walls and floor space, the lighter should be finishing materials used in the repair.Wallpapers for such rooms should choose warm, pastel shades or without pattern or with small, subtle patterns.
For large, spacious rooms with high ceilings ideal would be an option with wallpaper or saturated colors with bright, large pattern.This will give a room celebration and at the same time, soften its configuration.
few tips last
- guided not only on a roll.The roll of wallpaper look different than the "in my life."Expand it and hang it so that it was possible to assess the quality of the wallpaper, color and texture.
- Look for interesting combinations, designers invented the store.Large network companies tend to facilitate customers and offer a range of ready-made kits background wallpapers, borders and fabrics for decorating the windows and furniture.
- Combine correctly.If you choose to arrange their own room wallpaper, but do not know what colors can be combined with each other, stop your choice on clean background wallpaper.Fabrics without pattern, but with a beautiful texture can be easily supplemented with a border, which will give the wallpaper a bright, expressive nature or on the contrary, to soften the interior.
many nuances, but their bearings in them, you can easily find exactly those wallpapers, which not only emphasize the advantages of your apartment, but also to hide its flaws.