For some people, taking a bath has a soothing, others - on the contrary, invigorating impact.But as you know, the snow-white surface of the container with time covered rusty spots, spider web cracks appear, and even chipped.Thus, not only spoils the appearance of the product, but also the mood.In most cases the service wear coating is due to abrasive cleaners and chemicals used in water purification systems.Enamel coating for corrosive effects thins and begins to form rust.This article will talk about how to make an enamelling baths with their own hands.
- Advantages and disadvantages of enamelling old bath
- liquid acrylic baths Enameling
- Choice enamel bath
- acrylic baths Enameling Enameling
- iron bath with his hands
- Tips Operating enameled bathtubs
Advantages and disadvantages of enamelling old bath
important to decide whether to perform replacement of the entire bath and then recover the enamel.If no explicit capa
- apartment for removable.With long-term rental housing does not want to change the bath at their own expense, but also to take water treatments in such conditions are not to their liking.
- profitable from the financial side.It is important to consider not only the cost of the acquisition but also the dismantling and removal of the old baths.The dimensions and weight of the product can create a lot of problems, including damage to the surfaces of adjacent rooms when turning.
- minimum time-consuming.Many call into question the validity of this assertion.It should be remembered that often the tile is placed on the board and how it will behave during removal bath can not be predicted.It may be necessary to install new tile, and it's not a cheap pleasure, it takes a considerable amount of time, and the process is quite dirty.
- perform such manipulations can be an unlimited number of times.That is covered with enamel surface of the bath can at least every week.
- rich selection of colors makes it possible to perform painting, not only in the standard white color.
Therefore, if you do not overhaul afoot and want to get a good result with little financial investment, then the best option will enamelling baths.
From shortcomings can be noted:
- short life cover, no more than 5-6 years;
- traces of invoices by hand (with the exception of the filling method).
liquid acrylic baths Enameling own hands
Undoubtedly, the reconstruction of the coating carried out in the shop, have higher quality.Restoration can be done, as they say, "on the spot", by yourself or with the help of specialists.For the conversion of the old "trough" in the bath with a smooth, glossy surface by means of its own forces necessary to carry out all the recommendations and to comply with their order.
- Topcoat application is carried out by brush or spray.Spray paint provides a thin and uniform layer, but it is the presence of strong, experienced hand.Unfortunately, there is one thing - in cylinders there is no such component as a curing agent in charge of the life of the coating.
- Besides gun should be professional, otherwise it can easily break down at the most inopportune moment, as she paints a pretty thick.Use a spray bottle at home is not advisable also because such a method of applying stain not only the bath, but also the adjacent surface.
- more quality enamel can be restored with the help of a two-component acrylic.It is sold separately.Before starting work, it will need to be thoroughly mixed (recommended in the instructions for at least 15 minutes).His method is applied self-leveling (after removing the drain with bath) starting from the edges and gradually approaching the bottom.
Important: to lay down a uniform layer of acrylic, the bath should be a good warm up, if necessary, you can use the hair dryer building.Otherwise nodules may appear that most frequently occurs on the steel bath which in contrast to iron, quickly cooled.
- works themselves can take anywhere from 3 to 5 hours, will need to dry for at least 2 days, but the use of a new bathroom can only 5-7 days.
Choice enamel bath
well-chosen cover - half the battle.Paints and varnishes can be both domestic and foreign production.In any case, save on acquisition does not mean this is the case when the quality depends on the price.Often manufacturers offer ready-made kits for enamelling baths, which include:
- oxalic acid;
- measuring capacity;
- pigment pastes;
Such kits provide a clear view of what it would cost this procedure as an optional only PPE.Inexperienced masters is better to buy 2 sets.
- Before starting work, you should carefully read the instructions.Do not pre-mix components, data manipulation must be carried out immediately prior to application.
- finished mixture should be used within 40 minutes, even if the manufacturer claims that the paint will stand for 1 hour.Single structure quickly becomes thick and viscous, which makes it impossible to put him gently on the surface.
- for enamelling baths laymen recommended that you use a brush, as is typical of the roller tracks, and the method of brandy rather complicated.As for color, then his choice should be treated with caution - custom color bath, of course, and will look original, but may eventually order podnadoest.
- This fact can serve as a perfect excuse for repainting.However, it should be noted that saturated colors will not be able to block completely through 2-3 layers.Besides painting should be carried out with the utmost attention.It is possible that through the new coverage will be shown the remnants of the old.
acrylic baths Enameling
Because how well and consistently will be the technological process, the final result depends.Prepared tools and materials will facilitate the work.Restoring the enamel is divided by only 2 stages - surface preparation and painting, the first of which most time-consuming, but very important.
- electric drill with a grinding cup (korschetkoy);
- abrasive on paper;
- degreaser composition for removing corrosive lesions;
- respirator, gloves, goggles;
- Adjacent building tile paste adhesive tape that protects it from falling into the enamel acid and schelochesoderzhaschih drugs.
- surface is moistened and sprinkled with abrasive powder.With an electric beater or a jigsaw scraped old paint.Processing difficult places made available sandpaper.For security reasons, use personal protective equipment.Not recommended for dry cleaning - dust and crumbs will scatter throughout the house, even in private bathrooms.It should be noted that the removal of the old enamel is not always necessary, it depends on the state of the bath.
- The rough surface provides good adhesion, so sanding is made chaotic movement.It is important not to leave untreated areas.
- Large chips and cracks are filled with putty material (best to use automotive putty).After drying, the zero aligned with sandpaper.
- All rubbish washed off with water.
- corrosion treated with a special tool - the rust converter.For this composition is applied foam or cotton bud problem areas.You should wait for 30-40 minutes until the means to act.If necessary, greatly affected places are stripped sandpaper.
- the bath poured hot water and allowed to stand for 10-15 minutes.Drain the water, give it to dry.
- surface degreasing solvents, the liquid can be purchased in bottles, atomizers, it's the best option for such work.The applied vehicle wash shower.Water should not gather in drops, it means that all manipulations were carried out correctly.If the droplets are formed, it is necessary to degrease the surface again.
- Capacity thoroughly dried.Use a cloth or tissue should not be.The fibers cling to the rough surface and remain there forever.To speed up the drying process with a hairdryer.
- Further, piping removed (siphon), it is the right moment to make its replacement with modern counterpart.On the floor under the drain hole stretches tight polyethylene or cardboard sheet, you can substitute the old container.Here, neatly trimmed and degreased drain spout itself.
- carefully examined for the presence of villous bath and other foreign particles.
Enameling iron bath with his hands
- Adhering to the manufacturer's instructions coatings, base and hardener are mixed in certain proportions until smooth.We should not lose sight of the gel time of the finished paint.
- Brush for the application must be flat, with a minimum width of 70 mm.It is better to select a tool with natural bristles of medium hardness.Several times to push his hand over the pile, it should not crumble.
- Dip the brush into the paint should be no more than half of the bristles.Staining starts downward, i.e. with the bath sides, moving to the bottom.
- The first layer should be thin.It acts as a primer.Carefully paint over the surface, the material should fill all microscopic cracks, displacing air.
- application is executed with a variable direction (vertical, horizontal).Prokrashivaya the bottom, it is important to make sure that does not accumulate excess paint.Next colored plums.
- next layer can be applied almost immediately, as the full painting takes 15-20 minutes.This time is enough to make the first layer is enough to "grab".
- At this stage it is necessary to examine the work done in the presence of missed spots or streaks.This point is important not to miss, by 30 minutes after staining such flaws will be impossible to fix.Bruise cleaned with a brush with a small amount of enamel from top to bottom.
- number of layers and the time interval between each staining indicated coatings manufacturer.In one case, it may be 20 minutes in the other - at least one day.Carefully read the instructions on the package insert for the product.Get advice from a seller in order to avoid unpleasant moments.
- two layer usually is not enough to fully cover the original color.Therefore, the surface is covered 3-4 times.
- After the final drying bath installed piping.
Tips Operating enameled bathtubs
Purification produce a new surface with soapy water.A thin layer of the coating is very vulnerable and easily damaged, so it is not recommended:
- use abrasive cleaners;
- erase much shedding underwear;
- soaking linen in cases impossible to apply powder or gel on the basis of chlorine;
- pour hot water at a temperature of over 60 ° (tap water does not reach this figure);
- Avoid contact with the coating solvent.
bath should be protected from falling heavy objects - the probability is very high chipping.The service life depends on the quality of enamel, subject to application technology and careful operation.
baths Enameling video
Enameling baths allow for a short time and a small investment to return to her former appearance.During its restoration it is not necessary to dismantle the plumbing and worry about the state of the tiles.Restoration of enamel - the best option to update the bath surface with minimal financial costs.