Today ceramic tiles is a very common decorative material, because it has a practical, aesthetic appeal and durability.For its installation, you must have certain skills and special tools, such as Tile.This is the simplest, and at the same time and the most essential tool in working with ceramic tiles.If you select Tile, much depends on the characteristics of the tiles, so initially you need to buy a tile, and then the tool to its cutting.So how do you choose the appropriate tile cutter?In this article we try to figure it out.
- Tile - design features
- Five selection criteria Tile Tile
- What to choose - either manual or electric
- Handmade Tile - characteristics, advantages, what to look for when choosing
- Electric Tile -types, characteristics, tips for choosing
- Cutting Tile Tile Tile
- Tips Operating Tile
Tile - design features
Tile - a special tool that is used for cutting all types of tiles -stone, tile, porcelain
modern design Tile consists of a cutting element, protractor, a floating base and a guide.The main part is in Tile cutter wheel, which is mainly made of carbide steel.
distinctive feature of Tile - is the ability to cut as the ceramic wall and floor tiles.
agree to cut granite ordinary grinder difficult, and the cutting quality is not always very good.Tile for keromogranita able without any problems cut granite quality and relatively quickly.
Five selection criteria Tile
If you select Tile, regardless of what kind of a constructive option is chosen, the tool must have a 5-ma main criteria:
- absence of marriage and other external defects.When selecting a tool you need to visually inspect it to check the build quality and the condition of the materials.After this you should run the machine to check the quality of the engine, desktop settings and whether additional vibrations.
- Engine power.Choosing Tile, should take into account the amount of work, thickness and hardness of the material being processed, and select the required motor power.
- capable of cutting material at an angle.Adjust the angle to be performed quickly and easily, and the angle should be exactly maintained without errors.
- Diamond Bezel.He is a "weapon" Tile.It is important to know the quality, the purpose and the type of disc that is present on the device.
- spare parts.There is nothing eternal does not happen, so this criterion is relevant mainly to all the tools, but it is relevant to Tile twice as find replacement required items already and just.
Tile What to choose - either manual or electric
manual tile - characteristics, advantages, what to look for when choosing
Tile manual professional is the most simple and easy to use.Its sturdy design allows precise straight cut tiles.It is used for tile thickness of no more than 1.5 centimeters, and for cutting 8-mm wall tiles use a special tile cutter up to 40 centimeters.
Hand pletkorezy in construction are:
roller Tile is quite simple in design, the cutting element is a clip is made of cemented carbide.
Mechanical Tile has a rigid carriage, which allows precision cut with a special material, including the type of tile hard enough.
Tile bearings designed to handle highly durable tile thickness up to 16 mm.This tool has the ability to very soft run, since there are two bearing bushings.
The manual tile cutter should pay attention to the strength of the frame, the tool length and smoothness.
under this instrument should be hard to avoid the depreciation during cutting tiles.The stronger will handle Tile, the more powerful you can press down the lever.Better not to buy too little tile cutter and buy a universal model, which is suitable for both sexes, and for the wall tiling.
main feature of the Tile bearings to give smooth glide.There are, of course, the model without bearings.In this case, during the selection must ensure sliding as the working fluid.
manual tile advantages:
- Independence from power.Compared with electrical plitkorezamy is a significant savings.Additionally, manual tile cutters can be used in all weather conditions, even at a relative humidity up to 90%.
- small size.For their operation does not require extra room or take part of it, enough small section of the floor or table.
- ability to move from place to place.Because of its light weight (0.2 - 9 kg), they are very convenient and practical.
Electric tile - types, characteristics, tips for choosing
During the large amount of work it is best to use an electric tile cutter.In contrast to the manual tile, electric cut tile is much more accurate, faster and with fewer losses.Tile during cutting may break due to the rise in temperature, so the electric tile cutters are equipped with water and air cooling.
Tile with water cooling cares for tile, capable of accurately Skolkov smoothly without making cuts.The liquid that is in the tank below the engine must be supplied to the cutting zone and with adjustable force feeding.
During operation, it is not overheated or out of order due to a constant supply of water during operation.
Electric tile advantages:
- ability to cut at an angle of 45 degrees, which is important when laying angles of the walls.
- exact, without rough edges, cut
- minimum amount of time to work - on a tile to spend less time minutes
- Easy, easy cutting of both porcelain and stone.
electric water Tile is of two kinds:
- with lower position of the engine;
- overhead motor.
cutting tool with a lower arrangement of the engine is very compact and can work in small spaces and can almost cut the tiles of all sizes.For a more precise and convenient cutting use Tile, which is located at the top of the engine.
During Electric tile selection should pay attention to the following parameters:
- notch depth.It should vary between 3 - 4 cm.
- cut length.It should be within 50 cm.
- Engine power.This rate should be selected depending on the intended use and the type of tile.
- diameter cutter.Mainly used cutters diameter of 18-20 cm.
Cutting Tile Tile
Before you start you need to wear special goggles and headphones to protect sensitive organs from splinters and excessive noise Tile.
Make sure that the wheel is secure and does not move from side to side as this may lead to uneven split.You also need to check the degree of wear it, if there is a need to replace - it is better to buy a new wheel.
If you are using a manual tile cutter, before work on the guide frame instrument should apply a certain amount of oil.
To make a quality cut with the help of Tile, should first apply the cutting line marker on the tile.Then you need to put the tiles on the basis of the instrument to ensure connection to avoid vibration.Further, in one swift motion to hold the knife along the entire length of the finishing material.Res carried on the front side of the fabric.Moving the tool material is best both hands in order to make uniform the incision and prevent the formation of fragments.
While touching tiles Tile and knife pressure force should be minimal.No need to press hard on the tiles, as this may cause it to split.Next, it must be gradually increased, reducing by the end of the tile.If the cutting is carried out for the first time, it is best to stock up on a few tiles to train.
We have Tile sponge made of metal.They are used to separate the two parts already cut tiles.These sponges should be careful to click on a tile on both sides, it should be easy to separate click.
If necessary, the cut edge of the tile, you can trim the sandpaper or grinding stone.
RUBI Tile is able to quickly, and most importantly exactly cut all kinds of tiles and porcelain tiles.
Benefits Tile rubi:
- Present whole, steel rails.They ensure excellent cutting quality and a long service life.
- apply the most efficient and convenient system plugs.This eliminates the use of bearings that can abrade and break.
- Tile made of very durable aluminum that makes this tool both easy and reliable.
Tile Matrix is used to cut the tiles with thickness up to 1.4 cm and a length of 30-60 cm. This tile cutter has only one guide rail, which covers the carriage carrying the two sides.He moves with the help of ball bearing mechanism.
Tile matrix has a special coating and alloy rails that provide secure grip rails and ball movement.
Tile CORVETTE used for cutting tiles as a right, an oblique angle, and combined angles.
Tile given mark is of two types: an automatic machine-Tile Saw and manual mechanism.Machine for cutting tiles can work in the multi-mode, is able to determine the diameter of the tiles and the correctness of its mounting using the CNC.
Tips Operating Tile
While working with construction tools, like Tile, you must follow some rules to avoid the possibility of injury.
shards that form when working, can damage your eyes, so you should wear protective eyewear.No need to bring your hands too close to the cutting tool.If you use electrical equipment, you should be especially careful.
Electric tile does not tolerate high humidity.It is important not to overload the tile cutter, trying to cut very quickly or very thick tiles.Through this, the engine may overheat or crack tiles.
Particular attention should be paid to cable electrical equipment - it should not get in the way, twist or bend.