Today, thanks to the innovative technology of repair, the professionalism of construction contractors, a variety of paints, finishes and other stroymaterilov simply start the repair work of any complexity, from cosmetic and ending renovated "turnkey".At the same time it should be noted that the quality of repairs directly depends not only on the well-coordinated work of masters, but also on the consumables, in particular paints and varnishes, the range of which is represented by several major types of paint.
- Paints: types and characteristics of the
- Oil paint: composition
- color palette of oil paint
- 13 useful tips when working with oil paint
- Clip from youtube
Paints: types and characteristics of the
latex paint is an environmentally-friendly product that is used for uniform coloring surfaces indoors and facades.The result is a uniform coloring matt pastel colors.After the ink is water used as a binder evaporat
Textured paint - it is latex paint with the addition of special fillers.Using different methods of application and tool to create a textured paint relief drawings and original volume effects.
enamel paint , resistant to adverse manifestations of the environment, exactly lays down on the surface, forming a glossy film.
Aerosol paint , used in finishing work, using spray cans are applied to the painted surface, forming a uniform protective layer.
Acrylic deserves the title of a new generation of paint: it ensures the quality and aesthetic appearance of the painted surface, as well as long-term protection against aggressive manifestations of the environment.
Finally, oil paints , intended for coloring external and internal surfaces, for products from metal and wood.The main advantage of oil paint is considered to be a high degree of filling, and hence its consumption is negligible.
types and qualitative characteristics of oil paints known to consumers for a long time, and even in spite of the continuous improvement of formulations and manufacturing, oil paint today is the same as many years ago.It is used as a primer for products made of natural wood for coloring frames and doors, metal pipes and radiators, and serves as a diluent turpentine, mineral spirits, solvent, petrol or kerosene.
Oil paint has a significant drawback: its painted surface is "breathes", which can lead to the appearance of small cracks may eventually turn yellow linseed oil, the color fades and the surface loses its appeal. However, due to the low cost and availability, oil paint is widely used in repair work, and the volume of production will only increase.
Oil paint: composition
So, as part of an oil paint isolated pigment and a binder, which acts as linseed oil.The pigment is used as the finely divided mineral powder, insoluble in oil, water and household solvents.It is heavier than the base, and therefore sinks to the bottom of the container with dye.That is why before conducting paint paint job is shaken gently and thoroughly mixed.
Technology of oil paint is mixing linseed oil with a small part of the base pigment.After adding the rest of the mineral powder, the mixture is diluted to the desired consistency and passed through kraskoter.If the colorant dough, then it should be added 18-40% varnish, outwardly resembling brown, rather thick liquid in the form of a synthetic or vegetable oil.
Today, the most common alkyd varnish and oil.Alkyd varnish made from resins, modified oils.Oil varnishes are natural, that is certainly the most high-quality and expensive.They are formed by special treatment of drying oils - hemp, flax at temperatures up to 150 ° C.In contrast, the combined varnish contains in its composition of 30% solvent and 70% oil.
Usually cans of paint indicate the type of varnish used.Oil paints have good strength and hiding power.Their only drawback is considered to be a peculiar odor resistant, so they are recommended for outdoor use.
In accordance with the requirements and standards GOST and depending on the type of film-forming agents are distinguished oil paints several brands:
- on natural drying oil - MA-021;
- on a combined drying oil - MA-025;
- glyptal drying oil - GF-023;
- on pentaphthalic drying oil - PF-024.
figure "2" indicates that the paint diluting said drying oil is used for staining any surfaces.
color palette of oil paint
palette of oil paints is quite diverse:
- ivory color (200 g / m.);
- fawn (160 g / m.);
- beige (120 g / m.);
- Gray (100 g / m.);
- light blue (100 g / m.);
- blue (100 g / m.);
- blue (100 g / m.);
- Yellow (140 g / m.);
- salad (140 g / m.);
- Pistachio (135 g / m.);
- Green (100 g / m.);
- red (65 g / m.);
- dark red (100 g / m.);
- brown (100 g / m.).
in brackets shows the coverage of the colorant for paint consistency.
If oil paint in its composition contains a single color pigment, it is the title of the dye, for example, "security", "ocher", and so on. D. Ready paint goes on the shelves in containers 0.53 liters.Information on the label lets you know the purpose of paint thinners used, the color palette, the cost of 1 square meter of available surface conditions and characteristics of the application and drying time.
13 useful tips when working with oil paint
1. If the stain you want to get a matte surface, the dye is added to 40% solution of soap (100 gr. 3 liters of soap. Paint).For this soap chips is filled with water, heated until complete dissolution and is added to the ink composition.
2. If the paint layer was covered with a film, it is not necessary to strain it.Suffice it to dip into the container and a piece of nylon stocking to dip the brush right through it.
3. When painting the walls, remove the old paint with a spatula, drench with water wall.After drying should cover up all the cracks and carefully primed in the horizontal and vertical directions.To select the desired color and shade using the glass.If the color is too dark, add a small amount of chalk, if the light - colored pigments.
4. painted surface can be cleaned with water at room temperature with the addition of baking soda and ammonia, and then dry with a soft cloth.
5. Do not expose the paint on the floor at the time of staining is possible, using a rubber bulb syringe from: just put it on the handle of the brush, and you no longer have to waste time removing unpleasant stains.
6. Get rid of the unpleasant smell of oil paint can be arranged with the help of the room 2-3 tanks with salt water.
7. Never stir oil paint coated film.Carefully remove it, but if at this moment it is broken, it is cut from a gauze rag and dip into the jar on top of the colorant.Covering all the pieces of the film, gauze with it sink to the bottom.
8. Oil paint dries long, if the surface pour a thin layer of vegetable oil.
9. After staining dip the brush in a jar with water.
10. If the surface of the floor, tile or window before the repair process with soapy water, then paint accidentally hit her, comes off easily.
11. Before using the new brushes, wrap them with string to 2/3 of the length of the hair.
12. To avoid hair loss on purchased brush, hold it a couple of days in the water.
13. Oil paint dried on the brushes can be easily removed if you put it in a container of kerosene, ammonia, turpentine or other solvents.
youtube a video will show you what to look for when buying and using the paint on the basis of purpose