Chemical industry today offers a wide range of colors for the repair of buildings and vehicles, among which are a serious niche powder paints.This polymer coating is extremely popular, as it has one distinct advantage - does not require the use of a chemical solvent with a sharp unpleasant odor.In addition, when powder coating is no release to the atmosphere of toxic volatile compounds, as in the color of the surface of liquid paint composition.
- Features powder paint
- Varieties powder paints
- Thermoplastic paint
- Thermoset paint
- Advantages and disadvantages of powder coating
Features powder paint
powder materials have been developed in the last centuryThey offer high protection and gives the product an attractive look and decide the most important environmental problems, since these paints are virtually no harmful ingredients such as organic solvents.A high-tech spray equipment does not allow excess paint into the enviro
powder paint is dispersed multicomponent system, which consists of solid particles in the form of powder and air.The powder is a water insoluble substance, without the characteristic color and odor.In such a fine powder is added various impurities that help to get the desired hue.
The composition of the powder composition comprises curing agents, film-forming resins, fillers, pigments and the desired additives.Grain powder is approximately 10-100 micrometers, and the main advantage of using such paint - no need to use solvents.
Powder coatings are used for coloring non-metallic and metallic surface.They are suitable for dyeing microwaves, refrigerators and other household appliances, sports equipment, furniture, lighting equipment and rolled metal.They are also used in the automotive industry in the dyeing units of cars, decorative trim elements and machine parts.
use of powder coatings is also inextricably linked to our way of life and our home.Glass and ceramics, metal and stone - is not the whole list of materials that can be painted with powder paint.Coating powder composition allows to cover even the wood and MDF.
In addition, some surfaces this technique of painting with powder paint is really indispensable.For example, for the inside of tubes for high pressure, higher temperature, and various factors that cause metal corrosion.
Varieties powder paints Painting powder
is a significant innovation in the coatings industry of modern industry.Also, these substances are used in small businesses, private entrepreneurs, and just the owners, who do repair their homes.There are two broad categories of powder coatings, depending on the film formation: thermoplastic and thermosetting.
Paint the first group, made on the basis of thermoplastic film formers capable of forming a coating on the parts without chemical transformations due to fusing of particles and process cooling melts.The films obtained from them are often soluble.This group includes powder coatings based on polyvinyl butyral, polyamide, polyvinyl chloride and polyethylene.
Powder coatings, which include those present polyvinyl , are used as protective and decorative, benzostojkie, insulating and abrasion resistant products for painting indoors.Such coatings capable of withstanding salt water environment and at room temperature.
Paints PVC form coatings that are resistant to the action of detergents, as well as weatherproof.These dyes are used for dyeing external facilities and indoors as a video of powder coating.
very large widely polyamide powder formulations.The coating that is formed by them, has an attractive appearance, high strength and hardness, they are resistant to solvents and abrasion.The polyamide powder paint is used for exterior and interior applications.
powder coatings based on polielifinov (polypropylene, polyethylene) is intended primarily to protect the surface, because it has good physical and mechanical, electrical insulation and corrosion protection.The big disadvantage of such a coating is the propensity to crack.Furthermore, they are not too high weatherability.
second group of powder paints - thermoset material made of a thermosetting film former.Such coatings are formed due to the particles fusing and future chemical reactions.They are not fusible and soluble.This group is referred powder coatings that are based on polyester and epoxy resins, and polyurethane acrylates.The substances in this category are perfect for painting products that are made in the field of mechanical engineering.
Epoxy paints are mechanically strong and have high solvent resistance and excellent adhesion, but the yellow overheating.Under ultraviolet light top layer is able to break down and becomes a chalk-like.
As part epoxy-polyester paint present polyester and epoxy film formers which react on curing with each other.These paints are less prone to yellowing and can withstand higher temperatures.
polyester powder paint suitable for painting objects that are located outside the room, as its upper outdoors are not destroyed.
Polyurethane paint coatings give a special lasting shine.They are used for the protection of products that are exposed to abrasion and friction.Furthermore, they are capable of imparting surface decorative effect that is zhatogo silk texture.Polyurethane coating has high weather resistance, resistance to solvents, fuel oil, water, and mineral oil.
Acrylate powder paint used for painting objects that are subject to external influences.These materials are resistant to alkali and have high heat resistance.Covering a long time retains color and gloss.
Advantages and disadvantages of powder coating
Powder coating of metal has many advantages and some disadvantages.Consider the advantages of powder coating to other materials:
- ease of use.When painting the parts with powder paint is not necessary to follow scrupulously the viscosity of the coating and bring it to a certain value.Even spray equipment for powder substance is much easier to clean than after the liquid paint.
- speed.The coating hardens quickly enough (within an hour), so the time spent on the job are slim.Single-layer powder coating is dried only once, but the traditional paint - repeatedly.
- economy.Thanks to the recovery of the ink composition is used in almost 98%, which is not possible with the other approach where the painting material loss can reach 40%.Furthermore, the cost of the powder coating is sufficiently low, because in this technology plays a role only solvent carrier.
- strength.Such a coating has excellent physical and mechanical properties: Bending - 1 millimeter punch - 500 nm.The thickness of the coating is 30-250 microns.In addition, the coating - electrically insulating, corrosion-resistant, resistant to alkaline solutions, acids and organic solvents.
- Sustainability.This paint is not used flammable and toxic solvents.Such staining is completely without waste, since there is no excess material to be sprayed or sagged as paint.In addition, working conditions when working on this technology is much better than the toxic paint color.
- durability.Even in the most critical weather conditions during the useful life of the coating is 50 years if you comply strictly with all the technology of powder painting.
- decorative.Powder paint has a fairly wide range of colors - more than 5000 textures and colors.Powder coating can make the machine color aluminum, gold and silver metallic paint fashionable "Antique" copper color, to achieve the noble ancient bronze color.And with such a painting is easy enough to control the gloss coating.
Disadvantages powder coating metal products are as follows.In the process of staining of parts for each color requires a separate container.Some difficulties in the application of powder paint may occur at low temperatures or when refinishing irregularly shaped objects or prefabricated structures.
Thus, powder coatings are not a novelty in the market of building materials, as known even from the middle of the last century.However, very popular they have become now, when environmentalists all over the world began to sound the alarm about harm liquid coating materials to the environment and of the working person.