For exteriors house is approached as seriously as the inner.After all, the facade, the house distinguishes among others, as well as an indicator of hospitality.On the market there are a huge number of colors for the facade, which are different composition, properties and functionality.In this article we consider some paint to paint the facade, and how to choose paint for various types of facade.
- general notion of paint for the facade
- Variety of colors for the facade
- Tips on selection of paint for the facade of the house
- Variety foundations under the paint for the facade
- Overview manufacturers of paints for facade
- How to paint the facade
general notion of paint for the facade
best paint for the facade has the following properties:
- resistance to temperature changes;
- UV resistance;
- antiseptic properties;
- improve the decorative qualities of the front surface;
- facade protection from chemical contamination.
basis paints for facade make synthetic resins, depending on the release of the ink on the acrylic, vinyl or silicone based.
paint effect on the value of the quantity and quality of binders and fillers.
Variety of colors for the facade
1. Vinyl paints losing popularity due to acrylic because they have low water vapor permeability and contain a lot of water, do not have a high resistance to chemical pollution, is not very strong and eventually lose their color.
2. Reactive dyes facade composed of resin and hardener.The paint has a small working life.Therefore, the application of reactive dyes produced very quickly.
3. Alkyd paints consist of vegetable acid anhydride and alcohol.These paints are very resilient, but the higher the elasticity, the greater the drying time of the paint.
4. Acrylic paints have a high degree of protection of facade walls from the sun, moisture and temperature changes.Such paints have a huge range of colors.Best suited for coloring concrete surfaces.Do not have a high vapor permeability.There are three types of acrylic paints: water based, solvent based and acrylic latex paint.
5. Silicone - combine acrylic and silicate.Such paints have low water absorption.The level of water vapor permeability of silicone paint is very low, and the degree of protection from the sun and temperature changes - high.Resistant to mechanical stress.Silicone paints are produced in a diverse color palette.
6. Oil paints are losing popularity because of significant shortcomings.For the drying oil paint takes a long time.When applied to the surface of these colors are not very comfortable.Over time, oil paints lose color and fade.
7. Acrylic-silicone - combine the properties of acrylic and silicone paints.Has a fairly high vapor permeability and low vlagopogloschaemostyu.Such paints have abrasion resistance and self-cleaning properties.
8. Silicate paints are best suited for limestone surfaces.Do not use this paint on gypsum or organic facades.The main connecting element of silicate paints - Liquid potassium glass which has a high vapor permeability.
9. polysilicon paint different from the addition of silicone acrylic resin.With such inks are easier to work, have a high resistance to water and good water vapor permeability.
10. Cement paints let dry.Suitable diluents for cement paints using water or special preparations.Such paints have a high vapor permeability, but very much affected by moisture, leading to formation of streaks and spots.
11. Lime paint is produced in the form of a paste.The paste is diluted with water and dyes.Such paints have a high water absorption and do not protect the building from moisture and dirt.Lime paints have good antiseptic properties and protect the wall from mold and mildew, as well as have a high vapor permeability.
12. Textured paint the facade give originality and uniqueness.When applying this paint is formed thick polymer film, which has a specific invoice.Textured paint a fairly resistant and durable.
Tips on selection of paint for the facade of the house
1. As part of the paint should be a large number of binders that provide adhesion strength of paint to the facade.
2. Choose paint with a minimal amount of fillers that do not affect the beneficial properties of the paint, but significantly increase the volume.
3. Learn about the absorption coefficient facade paint.The lower the water absorption of the paint, the more reliable protection at home from water, mold, fungi and even cracking.The best option - 50 g / m².
4. Pay attention to the UV resistance.Under the influence of sunlight paint fade and lose presentable appearance.In this case, preference should be given to acrylic, acrylic, silicone, or polikremlievoy exterior paint.
5. The composition of the paint determine the water vapor transmission rate.The optimum value of the coefficient of water vapor permeability of 120 g / m² per day.
6. Abrasion resistance - is another important aspect when choosing colors for the facade.This value is measured in cycles.Exterior paint with the value of abrasion 5000 cycles - great.
7. facade paint rachityvaetsya consumption by multiplying the area of the painted area to paint consumption specified in the instructions.Average consumption of exterior paint is 9 l / m².
8. When choosing a color, note the color of the facade of the roof, windows, doors, stairs or steps.All of this must be in harmony.
9. If the house is located on the sun is best to choose a matte surface, as will be very glossy shine.Home, located in the shade, perfect glossy sheen facade paint.
10. In order to properly assess the color of paint you need to come up with a paint on the street and see how the paint looks at the sun.
11. When in doubt, the choice of colors, better buy a can of paint and try to paint the walls less accessible.
12. In calculating the amount of paint is best to use a special program that will determine with accuracy the number and type of paint.
13. For right choice of colors pay attention to the neighboring houses and the environment, to support the overall color scheme.
14. If the house has a complex shape is not recommended to use bright colors exterior paints.
15. Light colors make the building more and more light.The white color blends perfectly with the dark roof.
16. To warm regions is preferable to choose bright colors in house painting, which will repel heat.In the north, or for colder climates suit and dark warm colors, which draw heat and provide additional heating of the room.
facade decoration options:
- good option is a compound of shades of the same color used in the decoration of the roof and facade;
- better to use natural colors in decorating the walls;
- variety of colors affects the appearance of the house, the maximum number of colors - three, four;
- if the roof has a bright color in the decoration of the facade, use calm tones;
- use only one color for finishing the whole house - a bad option.
Variety foundations under the paint for the facade
as a base for paint is also of great importance.On the basis of quality, select the appropriate type of paint.
For facade with cement-lime plaster or cement-basis the best option would be vinyl, acrylic, silicone, or polysilicic cement paint.
suitable for silicate plasters Silicate, polysilicic, cement or lime paint.
lime coating suitable for all kinds of paints, other than silicon, which are poorly passed carbon dioxide.
best option for organic plaster surface is acrylic, silicone, or polysilicic paint.
For coloring concrete surfaces often apply paint with a high content of acrylic.
For walls with ceramic bricks will suit all colors except polikremlievyh and silicate.These inks are suitable for walls made of silica brick.
suitable for metal facade paints that have good corrosion resistance.
paint for the facade of a wooden house: a ground-based acrylic, acrylic or alkyd enamel, discolored varnish.
Overview manufacturers of paints for facade
buy paint for the facade is possible on the market or in a specialty store.Consider facade leading manufacturers:
1. Galamix - is a huge selection of exterior paints in Russia.
kinds of paints:
- acrylic matte paint;
- textured exterior paint for wood surfaces;
- textured paint for mineral surfaces.
Acrylic paint is environmentally safe and will serve on the surface of the facade of about eight years.
Textured paint well conceal unevenness and roughness of the surface of the facade.
dye front of the house price: from $ 1.2 per 1 liter.
2. Dulux - British series facade paints.
Types facade paints:
- latex paint on the basis of;
- textured paint;
- quick organic matte paint.
Facade Dulux paints are characterized by strength, durability, protect the facade from the growth of mold and mildew.The warranty period is 15 years.
Price: $ 5 per 1 liter.
3. Beckers - Swedish company, which provides a series of facade paints:
- matte water-based latex paint;
- acrylate latex paint;
- alkyd oil paint with the addition of linseed oil.
paints are suitable for concrete, wood and metal surfaces.It fits well and drain.
Price: from $ 15 for 1 liter.
4. The Finnish company Ticurila provides such kinds of facade paints:
Facade colors Tikurila suitable for limestone, brick, concrete and cement surfaces.A special series of exterior paints for wooden surfaces.The color palette consists of about 190 colors.
Price: from $ 1.4 per 1 liter.
5. Svyatozar - Russian facade, meeting all modern requirements.
Types facade paints:
- acrylic abrasion resistant facade;
- Restoration of paint;
- frost-resistant paint;
- paint for metal surfaces.
Price: $ 2.5 za1 l.
6. Baumit - presents a series of silicone facade paints.
- restoration of old buildings;
- sanitation coatings;
- finishing new facades;
- staining insulation systems.
Price: from $ 1.2 per 1 liter.
How to paint the facade
Before painting the facade is recommended to perform a number of actions:
1. Remove old paint, replace the damaged areas.
2. Repair and seal the surface of the small cracks.
3. Good dry surface and apply two coats of primer.
4. Spend finishing alignment and prime with another facade to improve adhesion between the paint and the wall.
Start painting the facade at the corners and hard to reach places.The latest paint the basement of the building.Apply paint at least two layers.The time between application of layers of two, three hours, depending on the type of paint.
Plaster surface paint at least two weeks after plastering.The paint for wooden facades applied after machining wood preservative and fire safety solution.