In the process of finishing work inside the building, an important aspect is staining the ceiling.The paint should be high-quality, safe and durable.This article describes the features and use of paint for the ceiling Dulux.
- features and characteristics of Dulux paint for the ceiling
- Species Dulux paint for the ceiling
- Recommendations on the choice of paint for the ceiling Dulux
- review options for the ceiling paint Dulux
- preparation and dyeing process of the ceiling
- main problemsarising in the process of staining the ceiling
features and characteristics of Dulux paint for the ceiling
Before viewed directly paint Dulux, offer to get acquainted with the functional features of paints for ceilings.Staining the ceiling - an economical finish it, but at the same time, the painted ceiling looks quite aesthetically pleasing.Dye ceiling must have good adhesion, but at the same time, the ceiling, unlike walls hardly get dirty and
paint Dulux paints differs from other manufacturers these benefits:
- has a deep haze, which allows you to hide the flaws of the ceiling, this gives the effect of whitewashed ceiling;
- viscosity of the ink is average, so it is convenient and uniformly applied to the surface;
- part of Dulux paints are eco-friendly and harmless materials;
- some components do paint water resistant, so it is also used for painting the ceiling in the kitchen or in the bathroom;
- drying process is very fast, and the unpleasant smell - is absent;
- are the types of paints with high moisture resistant properties, they are applied to the ceiling in rooms with high humidity or possibility of contamination, this paint is easy to clean.
Now consider the positive aspects of the use of more expensive paint Dulux, before use of cheaper analogues:
- in the process of staining is sufficient to apply only two coats of paint Dulux, cheap paint should be applied four to six layers;
- different lower paint consumption per square meter;
- has certificates that indicate environmental safety and health safety;
- retains the color and original appearance for many years;
- more wear resistant as susceptible to a large number of cleanings.
Species Dulux paint for the ceiling
in relation to the basis of Dulux paints are:
first option consists of acrylic or latex polymers.They affect the strength, resistance to moisture and high temperatures.
organic paint based on alkyd resins used as binder.Such paints are more harmful, as opposed to water.Therefore, this paint is almost never used in the finishing process premises.
in relation to the texture of paint separated into:
Glossy paint creates a shiny surface, but are recommended to apply paint only on a perfectly smooth ceiling, since they do not even hide minor flaws.
Semi-gloss paints are the type of intermediate type of paint, between glossy and matte.They also shine, but at least give the flaws and irregularities.
Matte paint is the best option to mask small defects on the ceiling.
in relation to the chemical composition of paint for the ceiling are:
- aqueous emulsion type;
- acrylic type;
- latex type;
- silicate type;
- silicone type.
Benefits latex paint Dulux:
- absolute safety;
- no odor;
- ease of operation;
- opportunity rinsing paint, using soap solution, if necessary;
- choice of dye, which will give the paint any color or shade;
- possibility of applying other types of paints.
acrylic paints Advantages:
- resistance to abrasion;
- resistant to moisture, assumes constant washing;
- easily tightens small cracks up to a width of 0.5 cm;
- resistant to ultraviolet radiation;
- has a large color palette.
Tip: Keep in mind that acrylic paint, after application to the surface and dry, a little darker.
latex paint for the ceiling has a high cost, but at the same time has excellent quality characteristics, it has such features:
- highly resistant to abrasion and moisture;
- involves frequent washing;
- closes the crack width of up to one millimeter;
- economical - enough to cover the ceiling, apply a thin coat of paint;
- applied to the raised surface;
- very difficult to remove from any surface;
- although the form of a thin film, the ceiling is easy to breathe through this paint.
Silicate paints colorful attributed to mineral materials.Its main component is the presence of liquid glass.
Features silicate paint Dulux:
- virtually closes the small cracks, due to the low elasticity;
- requires the use of special protective glasses and clothes, because it contains water glass, which irritates the skin;
- not have a diverse color palette;
- well lets steam is used in areas with high humidity;
- does not require the use of additional preservatives, since does not allow the development of mold, mildew or microorganisms.
Silicone paints Dulux different such features:
- addictive crack width of two millimeters;
- surface coated with a paint and allows easy breathing vapor;
- ceiling is resistant to the appearance of pollution, as the paint has the effect of water repellency;
- long kept on the surface.
Recommendations on the choice of paint for the ceiling Dulux
1. Dulux paint to buy, please contact any DIY-store or shop.
2. Paint Dulux price depends on the type of paint, as well as its volume.
3. If necessary, staining ceilings in rooms with high humidity or extreme temperatures, choose the paint with extremely water repellent, they include: silicone, silicate and acrylic.
4. If the ceiling has small bumps, it is recommended to use matte or semi-matt paint, for an absolutely smooth ceiling fit well and glossy.
5. For the shower, the kitchen or a child's room should be selected colors, which are the basis of the antibacterial and antiseptic properties.It will prevent the growth of mold and mildew in the room.
6. If you plan to smoke in the room, use a paint that has a self-cleaning or cleaning base.
7. To make the ceiling look as if his newly whitewashed, use special inks that will give the effect of the mineral surface.
8. The best option - definitely silicone paint, it is durable, it does not pollute, elastic and well lets couples.But the cost of such paints is quite high.
9. Paint Dulux reviews - has only positive, are of high quality and durability.
review options for the ceiling paint Dulux
1. Dulux Magic White - magical snow-white, is a matte water-based paints, which are the component copolymers of acrylic binders, light-stable pigments and water.In the process of applying the paint has a slightly pink hue, which, after drying it completely disappears.The drying time is 2-4 hours.In this there is no paint odor.Magic White Dulux paint consumption by twelve square meters - 1 liter.This paint is not suitable for rooms with high humidity.It is perfectly breathable and allows the ceiling to "breathe."Cleansing Painted surfaces occurs with a damp cloth, which is pre-moistened with water.
2. Dulux Rich Matt - a new snow-white matte paint vodoemulsionkoy basis.It features a large variety of colors.It has a very low consumption, resistant to ultraviolet light, does not fade, dry for three hours.Clean with a damp sponge.
3. Dulux Trade Super matt - is supermatovuyu latex paint designed for use indoors.Easily applied on any surface, even on wet plaster.One liter of ink stain about eighteen square meters of ceiling.The advantage of Dulux Trade Super matt is that it allows you to paint the ceiling to breathe.
4. Dulux Kids Room WO - has a rapid vysyhaemostyu and odorless.And the presence of silver ions in the composition gives the paint antiseptic properties, it kills all harmful micro-organisms and bacteria in the room.In most cases, used for staining the ceiling in the children's room.The amount of ink is 8 m² - one liter.
5. Dulux office room - is used in the process of staining the ceiling in the office.Odors, drips and splashes during application no.It contains wax components that help avoid dirt and protect from moisture.There is the possibility of constant washing of the ceiling covered with a paint.The amount of ink is 7 m² - one liter.
6. Dulux 3 D whire softsheen - used for the application of concrete, brick, plasterboard or plastered surfaces.Perfect for rooms that have optimal humidity, such as bedroom, living room, children, etc.The paint is easy to clean, perfectly covers minor irregularities and extends the space of the room.It requires the application of two layers.It contains marble and optical brightener.
7. Dulux Vinil softsheen - provides a velvety coating ceiling.Well covers small cracks, it does not smell, as part no volatile organic compounds, easy to clean.Maybe cleaning the painted surfaces 30 days after painting.
8. Dulux Bingo - is a latex paint, which gives the surface of semi-shade.Dry for two hours.It is used in dyeing facilities, which has a big operational capacity, such as lobbies and corridors.It requires the application of two layers, and the time between painting is one hour.Characterized by a large color palette.
9. Dulux Diamont softsheen - is a latex paint that has a high wear resistance.It dries in four hours, one liter of paint missing sixteen square meters ceiling.It requires the application of two layers.Provides diamond strength, economical in consumption, it does not smell strongly expressed, easy to clean, and emphasizes the relief of the ceiling.
10. To ensure that the surface of the deep haze, use paint Dulux Bingo 3. It is enough to be applied to 14 square meters.The paint is completely hides imperfections and minor defects, no odor, has good adhesion.
11. Dulux master90 - alkyd paint type, which is universal and suitable for the coating of all surfaces, including the ceiling.Provides glossy surface gloss, dry for twelve hours.Consumption of 1 liter per 12 m².The paint provides a durable weather-resistant flexible education coverage.It makes surface water and gryazenepronitsaemoy.It is applied easily in the no spray and drip.It requires two coats.It withstands temperatures over 80 degrees.
12. Dulux 3D White - marble and contains optical brightener.It is used in the process of painting the walls and ceilings.Consumption of one liter of paint covers 12 square meters.Easy to clean, it has several color variations, well covered surface.
preparation and dyeing process of the ceiling
Before applying the paint should hold a series of preparatory work on the cleaned surface.Paintable ceiling should not be wet and messy.It is recommended to its putty, first home page, and then finish putty, especially if the paint that will be applied is glossy.
Preparatory works include:
- cleaning off old paint;
- floating and leveling the surface with a grid;
Tip: If you have previously appeared on the ceiling cracked, it is recommended they putty using a special grid that will provide them with reinforcement.
If the ceiling has never been stained, it is necessary to plaster or plasterboard obbit.
To reduce the consumption of paint is recommended to cover the ceiling of the ground deep penetration, which will also have antiseptic properties and prevents the formation of mold and mildew.
The room temperature should be between 5 and 30 degrees Celsius.
process of staining the ceiling using acrylic paint include:
1. Preparing all tools and devices - roller, with an average thickness of cloth, brushes, paint trays, ladders and paint itself.
2. First, start to paint the corners, and then the entire perimeter.When remote places painted with a brush, roller, take and apply the paint on the rest of the surface.
3. Application of the first layer does not matter, and the second layer is applied is directed to the window.This process will ensure a beautiful and smooth surface.
4. dry up the paint on the basis of acrylic quickly, so to stain the ceiling will take several hours.Also, this paint has almost no smell, so is quite popular among consumers.
staining latex has the following stages:
1. Preparation of the surface - treated with a primer first ceiling with antiseptic, and then normal.Irregularities should be putty, it is better to give preference to putty based on acrylic.Then the grinding of small irregularities, the ceiling once again primed and only if staining occurs.
2. The paint is applied with a roller with a long nap.The first layer is perpendicular to the window, and the second vice versa.
3. It is recommended to paint the ceiling at a time as possible sagging paint.The obligatory point is the rolling roller to the bath.
main problems encountered in the process of staining the ceiling
1. High density paint - to avoid the problem before applying the paint need to read the instructions, as some paint be diluted before use.Also, pay attention to the shelf life of the paint.Do not buy paint for the winter markets as possible the risk of freezing.
2. When purchasing peremerzshego material, it is possible to further use only in the case where it is cleaned and pre protsezhen clots.
3. In the dyeing process using a roller is often several bars on the surface.Apply the paint quickly and move it to the portion that has not yet been painted, for its better distribution over the surface.
4. To nodules formed in the process of staining develop practical entire paint roller should be almost dry.