Energy saving light bulb - are the products, wrapped in an aura of mystery.It would seem that the main advantage of using them is evident even from the name - buy so rejoice.
However, many of our compatriots are in no hurry to acquire a "miracle developments", wanting first to know:
- what their device;
- what their "thrift";
- they are not dangerous;
- why "grace" came the familiar and "native" incandescent.
Some users are also confused by the fact that reviews of the work of such light sources are not always the most flattering.
All these concerns are valid and have the right to exist.Therefore, we describe in detail about the advantages, disadvantages and the intricacies of operating fluorescent "housekeepers."And also about how to choose the right energy-saving lamp, if you do it the pros outweigh the cons though.
- device compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
- Benefits "housekeepers" to incandescent
- Disadvantages of energy saving lamps
- quality energy-saving lamps - how to choose and what to look for?
- Which companies choose energy-saving lamps?
- Top 3 issue of energy saving lamps
device compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
first linear fluorescent lamps were released in the United States in the late thirties of the last century.Actively began to be used in the fifties and sixties - they have become a successful solution to the issue of lighting in industrial plants and in office buildings.Unfortunately, the "domestic breakthrough" linear fluorescent lamps could not be, for obvious reasons - their size is not very much "home".
It is therefore not surprising was the desire of manufacturers to significantly reduce the size of the development.They failed this "idea" only in the eighties, after to create new, higher-quality phosphors.The tube diameter has decreased to 12 millimeters, and its very repeatedly bent.Over the years, experts have managed to reduce the weight and so the size of fluorescent lights that they began to become serious "competitors" to traditional incandescent models.
Modern compact fluorescent lamp consists of two key elements - curved bulb and socket.
The flask CFL electrodes are made of tungsten, "covered with" an activating agent (a mixture of oxides of barium, strontium, calcium).Bulb filled with an inert gas with a small amount of mercury vapor.
When the lamp voltage is applied between the electrodes (quite naturally) there is a charge, and it ignited.However, virtually all radiation generated by it is in the ultraviolet range.To this radiation is "transformed" into visible light to the human eye, the inside of the bulb is coated with a special substance - phosphor.
phosphor composition directly determines the color characteristics of the resulting light;"Quality = effective phosphor lamp."
interesting!The compact fluorescent lamp is an absolute record among all light sources on the number of vulgar names.As it is not only styled - "kllshka", "energosberegayka", "housekeeper» ...
Benefits "housekeepers" to incandescent
- The first and foremost advantage of compact fluorescent lamps - the highest light output.About five times more than incandescent bulbs have.If we talk about specific numbers, it means that the light output of an incandescent lamp 100 watt light output will be equal to the luminescent light source power of 20 watts.The main advantage of such a purchase, as you might guess, lies in the possibility to reduce energy consumption for lighting by about 80%.Reduced energy use - a "joy", not only for the purse, but also for the environment.Reduce your customer demand for the judges, we are reducing the amount of harmful gas emissions, which are "indispensable" by-product in the production of electricity.
Important!Throughout the civilized world is the importance of environmental conservation is a key motivating factor for the transition to energy-efficient light sources.
- Classical cause of failure of incandescent tungsten filament is blown.Principle of operation and structure of the CFL radically different.This allows them to operate in the 6-15 times longer.The average life of housekeepers is 6-12 thousand hours.
- Since CFLs need to be replaced much less frequently than the "light bulb Ilyich", they are very convenient to use in tight luminaires (eg in apartments with high ceilings).
- housekeeper not only consume less electrical, and generate less heat.This allows you to easily install them in chandeliers and lamps with a temperature limited.Now you can not worry about that cartridge, trim elements wire "float."
- saving lamps allow you to organize a smooth and uniform illumination.
Disadvantages of energy saving lamps
- simultaneously replace all conventional light bulbs in the house on the housekeeper can be quite difficult in financial terms.One CFLs cost more than incandescent lamp 10-20 times.
- too frequent on / off significantly reduce the life of a housekeeper.
- standard CFLs may not be used in lamps, which are controlled by dimmers (dimmers).For these purposes, there are special dimmable CFL, but needless to say that they are much more expensive than the already not cheap "ordinary" housekeeper.
- CFLs contain mercury and other toxic substances - they should be disposed of properly;throw them in the garbage can not be easy.
- to warm up to full power takes some time housekeeper.In a room with normal room - 45 seconds.
- When using CFLs outdoors as bright light in the room will not be achieved.
quality energy-saving lamps - how to choose and what to look for?
weigh the "pros" and "cons"?They came to the conclusion that this development clearly deserves the attention of the consumer?So, it's time to go to the store for purchase.But what kind of energy-saving lamps to choose, if they so much as on the shelves?
There are a number of parameters, which can determine the best for each case samples.
power - it is the first option, which should be defined in the selection of energy-saving light bulbs.Given CFL light output exceeds the light output incandescent lamp is about five times, you must use this rule of "translation" - required, familiar to you the power of "classical" light source is divided into five.In practice, this will look like this: if your chandeliers "flaunt" 75-watt incandescent bulbs, the housekeeper power 15 W would be sufficient.
Attention!It is not always the "law of division into five" acts.Some Chinese manufacturers can "please" customers a fourfold increase in capacity.Therefore, the information on the packaging should be studied more carefully than.
The vast majority of modern housekeepers, intended to replace its outdated incandescent lamps, using "traditional" base "Edison".Designation have the energy saving lamps E27.
for lamps and small lamps may require light sources with E14 - pay attention to it.It differs from the classical slightly smaller diameter.
big energy-saving lamp with E40 socket suitable for the powerful and overall lighting equipment.
Unlike incandescent bulbs, CFLs can produce different kind of glow.That's why some housekeepers seem to us uncomfortable for the eyes.
There is irritation of view due to improper matched to a specific color temperature of the lamp room.
- for offices and classrooms are optimal lamp with a color temperature of 6000-6500K.They emit cold white light with a "touch of" blueness;
- for the living room and nursery, it is desirable to stop the housekeeper with a natural white light (4200K).This tone is very similar to the spectrum of natural light;
- kitchen and bedrooms are ideal CFL with a color temperature of 2700K.Coverage from this source is very similar to the atmosphere created by an incandescent lamp.
Price and lifetime
on indecent cheap housekeeper tempted not worth it.Otherwise, you run the risk of running into a "instance", unable to work, even thousands of hours of the alleged four to six.
warranty period for the energy saving light bulbs can be from 6 to 36 months depending on the manufacturer.Of course, what it is, the better.
sure to ask at the point of purchase product warranty.As a rule, required to keep a check on the product and the box.
form fluorescent housekeepers can be quite diverse:
- flask-shaped (pear, bowl, candle).
Choose the one that best suits your aesthetic preferences and the overall design of the interior.
worth knowing!The most popular are the housekeeper U-shaped and spiral-shaped.Form of product does not affect the quality of his work can not be said about the price.The spiral is usually expensive U-like due to a complex manufacturing technology.
Tip: Buying fluorescent light bulbs for the first time, do not try to take just a dozen in all rooms of the house.Take two or three with different color temperature, test them, make sure you do not get tired eyes from the acquired samples.And a few days later to purchase the lamp to the desired number.
Which companies choose energy-saving lamps?If
determine the capacity, color temperature and the type of cap is not difficult, then with the choice of the manufacturer, as a rule, there are difficulties.What are the best energy-saving lamps to choose, given that brands - "like the stars of heaven"?
Experts are unanimous - to give preference to the following exclusive brands that are on the market for many years and who can boast extremely positive feedback from consumers.
best energy saving lamps according to experts - is Philips, Osram, DeLux, Navigator, Camelion, Era.
Philips - the first company to offer new energy-saving light sources in his eightieth year.Since then she has actively and plodotvornorazvivaet sphere of energy saving technologies.Energy-saving lamps Philips - it is always a wide range and a beautiful appearance.And excellent quality and durability.
Osram - another "pioneer" market housekeepers.The company released the first lamp in 1985.All fluorescent energy saving lamp Osram have a long life (15,000 hours), as well as easy to carry an impressive number of restarts (5000 - 500,000).
saving lamps Navigator appeared in the domestic market in 2006.The range of products under the name Navigator has about a hundred products, including: light sources U-like shape, a spiral shape, decorative.
assortment of energy-saving bulbs Camelion able to satisfy the wishes of any buyer of any income level.Under the brand Camelion issued three series of housekeepers:
- Camelion ECO;
- Camelion Classic;
- Camelion PRO.
Camelion ECO - are standard sizes, Semi-Annual guarantee high brightness and lifetime equal to 6000 hours.
Camelion Classic - is a compact, 1 year warranty, lifetime - 8000 hours.
Camelion PRO - is ultra-size, an exclusive range of warranty - 1 year service life - 10,000 hours.
saving lamps era first appeared in Russia in 2008.
their current range makes it easy to replace everything bulb - regardless of the shape and type of cap.
Top 3 issue of energy saving lamps
Is it "polls" to change all the light bulbs in the house and around his housekeeper?
Definitely not.In every house and in every apartment there are fixtures that are included per day for a total of five minutes (devices in the pantry, basement, attic, closet, finally).During the year you can save a penny on them, the CFL will pay for itself in 10-12 years, if still "survive".As they say, is not worth the sheepskin.
In some cases, energy saving light bulbs are truly cost-effective solution?
housekeeper - the smart choice for chandeliers and lamps that operate at least three or four hours a day.In this situation, due to the reduction in energy costs, the product pays for itself in 3 years.And further, respectively, "works" for you.
What other energy-saving light sources, in addition to CFLs can be used in everyday life?
excellent choice considered halogen lamps.However, to call them so you can not have energy-saving, economical bulbs because they only doubled.But the benefits have already galogenok enough:
- narrow-beam light distribution;
- the use of a regulator;
- compact size;
- the highest quality of light transmission.
very promising option for home use are now LED (LED) light sources.They are durable, energy efficient, produce high-quality light.