during construction or during a thorough renovation raises the question of warming a house or apartment, and that after the work did not have the bitter regret of wasted means you need to know as much as possible about the materials used.This article will talk about the mineral wool insulation walls on the outside and the inside.
- What gives quality wall insulation
- choice of material for insulating walls
- Advantages and disadvantages of mineral wool
- How to choose a mineral wool insulation for walls
- technology insulation of walls with mineral wool Insulation of exterior
- walls with mineral wool
- Manufacturers mineral wool
Warming - an important process in which any deviation from the technology simply unacceptable.Illiterate work performed aggravate the situation.At first, it will not much, much later than the accumulation of moisture will lead to the proliferation of dangerous fungus - black mold.
Recently, thermal insulation works are gaining momentum and it is not because the winter months have become more severe, and because it's more economical.Insulation of walls, both inside and outside of the structure under the force anyone, but for high-rise buildings, then there is need to attract specialists.
What gives quality wall insulation
- First of all - it's comfort and significant savings on heating.If the protection against the cold wall is made correctly, it allows you to set the level of heat in the room.In the summer months, the system operates differently: insulation does not allow the walls to warm up, which means that the temperature is almost constant.
- lack of insulation can lead to the development of fungi, and in the investigation and the appearance of black mold from which, incidentally, is very difficult to get rid of.Inhaled spores are dangerous to human health, not to mention the children, the elderly and people with allergies.
- When warming, the same temperature of the walls and the indoor air will not cause condensation and moisture, respectively.Of course, for greater effect, along with the thermal insulation of walls is recommended to change radiators, replace old windows with modern 3-chamber windows and carry out similar work on the loggia, balcony.
choice of material for insulating walls
as mineral wool insulation can act, foam, cork.It should be noted that with its purpose they manage, as they have low thermal conductivity.Despite all the diversity represented on the market of building materials, especially popular rock wool .
Its fibrous structure obtained by cooling, crushing, and then extended in the finest threads (12 mm) mineral eutectic.Depending on the feedstock it is:
- stone .Produced using basalt, porphyry and granite.This wool is of high quality, it is used for thermal insulation of critical structures where strength is required for many years.
- slag .Accordingly it made from metallurgical wastes.This product is inferior in quality stone wool.It does not tolerate extreme temperatures and high loads are not as durable in wet conditions.It is more commonly used for insulation sheds, temporary buildings, summer houses.
- glass .It is derived from the addition of the molten glass of soda, lime and dolomite.This product is quite elastic and resistant to vibration.Recommended for designs with high requirements for fire safety.
Mineral wool is produced in rolls or in the form of plates, where the strength of the fibers is achieved by treatment with a special binder.For the arrangement of large areas of insulation layer mats are used, they can perform with minimal disruption.
severity determines its application.Soft view is primarily intended for indoor use with frame structures.The rigid and semi-rigid mineral wool is more suitable for walls exposed to mechanical stress.
Advantages and disadvantages of mineral wool
This non-combustible material, coupled with good sound insulation properties, compares favorably with other heaters.
- It does not change the shape of the temperature jumps, so it is used on objects where the surface temperature can range from -200 ° to + 600 °, and in some cases up to 1000 ° C.
- Vata has biological, chemical resistance and an inert atmosphere, even if it contact the metallic elements, they do not corrode.
- This insulation products easily processed - cut with a knife, sawn hacksaw, which greatly facilitates the installation work.
- If the finishing layer is made of a material with low water vapor permeability, the entire condensation focus in the layers of mineral wool.When wet it insulating properties markedly reduced, there can be loss of geometric shapes.Therefore, when insulation apparatus as facades and walls inside the room, it should close the membrane film.
- There is a statement that the material is bad for health, releasing hazardous substances.This is not quite true.When you work with him you need to use gloves and respiratory masks to the dust formed during the cutting not get into the respiratory tract.In addition, after laying it closes isolating film, plasterboard and / or other finishing materials.
How to choose a mineral wool insulation for walls
Selection of material is carried out according to the following criteria:
- thermal conductivity .This indicator is directly proportional to the preservation of heat directly to the house.Therefore, it is less than, the lower heating costs of the building;
- durability .With proper installation of mineral wool has a virtually unlimited service life;
- vapor permeability .The high coefficient of vapor barrier can quickly dry out the plaster on the facade, made "wet" and remove the excess moisture in the ventilated structure;
- fire safety .This property is important for the material used for both external and internal works.
- Facade with carcass device generally chosen mineral wool produced on the basis of rock or glass.The material must have excellent moisture-proof characteristics, and the rate of water vapor permeability of less than 0.5 mg / mh Pa.
- If the heater is to carry the load, such as a plaster layer, while focusing on density, so it is recommended to use a material with a density of less than 150 kg / m³ and the water vapor transmission rate should be equal to at least 0.35 mg / mh Pa.
- internal partitions or walls are insulated and basalt, cotton and wool.There will suit lightweight wool density of 10-90 kg / m³.In addition to thermal conductivity, it is important such property is the absorption of noise, so the product must choose the index of 42 dB.
Technology mineral wool insulation of walls
not always possible to perform the thermal insulation on the outside of housing, it is more about the owner of a multi-storey apartment buildings.There is a change of the facade, on the need to obtain permission from the relevant authorities.And, as a rule, a project of warming an apartment is not being coordinated.
Out of this situation is - to produce similar works from the inside.But opponents of this method argue that such warming will not lead to the desired effect.And that's not entirely true, if mineral wool to insulate the walls of the right, subject to technology, the main objective will be achieved.
- carried out thorough cleaning of surfaces, especially if there are traces of mold.This is done by hand with a spatula or a vacuum cleaner construction.For drying, use a special hair dryers, infrared heaters.If necessary, the surface treated with an antiseptic;
- all cracks and holes sealed with a cement mixture.For grooves up to 3 cm is applied polyurethane foam, the deeper cavities are filled with rags and foam;
- is processed antiseptic and primers.They should be applied with a significant time interval, giving each coat to dry completely;
- carried out the final stage of the preparatory work - leveling surfaces for a tight junction structure or frameless insulation.
- brick, gas or foam concrete blocks plastered and treated with a solution of liquid waterproofing material.After drying, it forms a film that prevents the formation and development of the moisture between the wall and the layer insulation.
- frame is made of wooden slats or metal profiles with the width of the roll, or rather, the distance between the vertical legs should be slightly smaller than the width of the selected material.This ensures its tight abutment to the structure.
- distance from the wall is taken with the expectation of the board thickness plus a few centimeters to the air gap, which is created due to the adhesive solution, causing a point method.
- appropriate to use the plate, they do not roll on vertical surfaces such as mineral wool roll.It is recommended to install horizontal strips to reduce the load of their own weight.
- begins placing a layer vapor barrier film is recommended that the upper part of the structure in a horizontal direction.Fixing to the frame can be made two-way tape.If this is a wooden structure, then you can use the furniture stapler.The membrane is mounted with overlap of about 10 cm or more, and an overlap at the corners, floor and ceiling of the room.
- connection joints glued mounting tape or adhesive tape construction.The places where the film adjacent to the surface it is desirable to seal the sealing liquid.On top of a kind of "pie" is attached kontrobreshetka strips width of 15-25 mm.This is done in order to steam insulating layer between the inner liner and formed a ventilation gap.You can mount the selected finishing material: plasterboard panels, boards and so on.
- But the vapor barrier material can not be applied if purchased foil mineral wool.In this case, the side with foil should "look" into the room.This coating provides the material with additional heat-saving properties.
- if preference was given web material, while work is carried out in a different way.On the surface of the fixing bracket U-shaped metal profiles for installation.Typically, the vertical spacing is 60 cm and the horizontal pitch is 50-60 cm. Such parameters is sufficient for placing insulation.
- Next, you should measure the length of the desired mineral wool, make sure leaving a tolerance of about 10 cm. The properties allow the material to pass freely under the bent "ears" staples.They will secure the heater in an upright position.Then set profiles and mounted sheets of drywall.
Wall insulation mineral wool Video
Insulation of exterior walls of mineral wool
Experts recommend to carry out insulation on the outside of the building.This is the most productive option to keep the heat in the room, besides here do not take useful centimeters square, and condensation.In addition, an extra layer of insulation to avoid thermal bridges, which are inevitably formed because of crates under the insulation.
There are two most popular ways.
- Its principle consists in the installation of insulating material directly on the wall, on top of which are carried out finishing work.Thus, a homogeneous seamless coverage.In this case, the insulation thickness should be about 15 cm.
- mineral wool is fixed to the surface of the adhesive composition as a main hardware fasteners speaking - "umbrellas".Then the finished ground reinforced.Finishing step is to finish the facade, for example, decorative plaster, which will perform a protective function and give an attractive appearance of the building.
- Such a method is ideal for houses built of brick, gas concrete blocks.For frame structures for mineral wool is first mounted hard flooring OSB-plates.It is strictly forbidden to carry out work in the rain, if the insulation gets wet, wait until it dries, it will be very long.
- performing work on thermal insulation structure in such a way, the result is a ventilated facade.Material is mounted in a cell or cell formed carcass structure.If the core is used for the production of timber, then it should be covered with antiseptic.
Tip: making the crate to fix the heater, the distance between the horizontal battens it's best to leave the narrower the width of the insulation.But getting a good save if they do less, in increments equal to the length of the mineral wool slabs.
- top of the insulation required to fit WATERPROOF film, which can be fixed two-way tape or a stapler construction.
- then attached to the main frame rails, forming a crate.Here, it performs two functions: creating a cushion of air and provides a base for mounting cladding, such as the siding or asbestos plates.
To achieve the goal, the work associated with the insulation should be carried out both on the internal and external surfaces.A kind of "pie" is made up of the following layers (from inside - out):
- finishing material: putty, wallpaper, paint;
- gisokartonnye sheets;
- vapor barrier membrane;
- mineral wool;
- main wall;
- mineral wool;
- Weatherproof material;
- finishing material: siding, paneling and so on.
Compliance with the basic requirements for construction, help to protect the house from moisture, wind and humidity, respectively, thereby forming a comfortable living conditions.
Manufacturers mineral wool
- Today consumers are offered the insulating material by many manufacturers.The best known are: «Isover», «Knauf», «URSA» and «Rockwool».These brands always provide certificates for their goods, hygienic product assessment, test and so on.
- Some companies specialize in the production of a certain type of cotton, for example, Ursa produces mostly cotton-based fiber.Yet, large factories produced goods of all kinds.
- understand for some designs or climatic conditions meant this or that mineral wool helps mark.Unfortunately, each manufacturer is its own, and has already raised the question of a single indicator.
Posted by in Insulation