CCTV today is no longer considered to be something incredible.Cameras can be seen everywhere - in shopping and entertainment centers, offices and transport, as well as private facilities.The main motive of the use of these devices - a protection against intruders and the need to control what is happening on the site.Gradually surveillance system moving from the category of luxury in the category of necessary household appliances, and are used more often for the protection of country houses.Today we look at what you need to install video surveillance, and a step by step program for self-installation of such systems.
- necessity of surveillance in the house
- Elements of CCTV systems
- Types of CCTV surveillance installation
- own hands
- Planning Surveillance System
- correct cable
- Selecting cameras
- Selection Rules DVR
- mount cameras
- Configuring cameras and DVR
necessity of surveillance in the house
From the origins of civi
Now we have the possibility of observing the object of protection of the whole day.With video, you can see the potential danger and respond to it quickly.This will help prevent unwanted consequences for us.If, nevertheless, was damaged, it is much easier to restore the course of events and look for the offender, if an event was recorded on video, because the desired track recording can be played back at any time.
With video, you can record what is happening on the outside, protecting the local area from criminals, and inside the house.In addition, you have the ability to simultaneously monitor the number of objects that span multiple angles that are sometimes removed from the observer at a great distance.All data are recorded and can be entire files.Each of the right to choose, install CCTV cameras it or not, the main thing to worry about the legality of installing video surveillance and remember that uncoordinated prohibited covert filming.
Installing CCTV in their house or apartment is legitimate because it is to safeguard and protect the premises, and not for organizing tracking any particular person.But if you are going to take their homes for rent, or resident in a third party, it is necessary to obtain their consent to surveillance, because your actions could be construed as interference in residents of their privacy.
elements Surveillance System
video surveillance system consists of the main components, such as a video camera, monitor, processing unit, which is connected between the cable.The camcorder is required for reading the image information, which is in front of her, and data recorder (processing unit) via video.DVRs process the information received from the camera video output to the monitor and write data to removable media, or in his memory.
treatment device is available in several versions.The most common signal processing devices - a video capture card and video recorders.DVRs - a device with internal memory and the ability to support the network protocol TCP / IP.The video signals are displayed on a separate monitor to which the DVR is connected using VGA- output.
video capture cards can not work independently.A prerequisite for them is the presence of the computer, its interface they use to display video.DVRs expensive video capture cards, irrespective of the fact that such characteristics as speed and recording resolution, the number of connected cameras, a compression format for both devices is not particularly distinguished.
Types of CCTV
Modern CCTV systems are divided into analog and digital.It is believed that the analog version is out of date and unreliable, but it is not.What is the difference between these two types?In fact, the preferred depends on the intended use of the system and the functions performed.
Analog systems can be installed on small objects that do not require clock check with registration and archiving.Such a system can be used in cafés, offices, parking lots, houses, apartments, etc.Characteristic features of the analog version are low cost, high quality video, ease of construction, operation and maintenance.But the point is that such systems can not unite into a comprehensive security system, which consists of alerts, alarms, etc.
For large companies or banks is preferable to carry out the installation of video surveillance systems with constant and tough daily control.For this ideal digital video surveillance.Unlike the first embodiment, the digital system can be mounted on large-scale and small objects.This option can be combined into an entire global network.Thus, the digital video surveillance systems can provide a wide range of useful features that are revealed in the interaction with other security systems.
But as stated above, this option is more suitable for large corporations, in which the protection of information and equipment is paramount.For the home environment is quite suitable analogue system.It is worth noting that digital video surveillance cost is gradually approaching the analog, so over time digital video surveillance will be installed everywhere.
own hands if you know a bit about modern technology and someday were holding a drill, you probably will be able to carry out the installation of video surveillance in the apartment.The video surveillance system consists of "cubes" that should be collected and set in a house, apartment, car, etc.Before we get down to business, you should familiarize yourself with the equipment and learn the essence of which is intended for video surveillance systems.
Planning Surveillance System
You can start with the development plan.To determine in advance how many cameras will be located at the site.Then draw a map of the installation of video surveillance and wiring from the server to each chamber.When deciding where to take into account existing wire power line that should get round.They can create the video signal interference.It is advisable to place them at a distance of one meter from the existing wires.If this is not possible, you can put the wires in the metal hose and ground it.
is followed to determine the angle of view of each camera.The greater the angle, the more things can grab the camera, but it can be difficult with the analysis of small parts.And if the angle is small, small details will be seen very clearly (but the lens gets smaller items).It all depends on your goals.
then determine the location of the DVR and monitor.Thus it is necessary to take into account the privacy information to be made available to only certain persons.Often the DVR is placed in a locked cabinet or other enclosed area to prevent unauthorized access.Note the convection air to the device can be cooled.You can now start the selection of equipment.We will describe the main characteristics that need to pay special attention when choosing a camera and cable.
analog video surveillance system has several ways to connect and the kinds of wires, each of which is divided into external and internal.External models can be laid outside the house and installing CCTV on the premises, but are intended solely for domestic premises.Let's look more cable types:
- power cable.This model is designed to power the camera, which will be located at a distance of not more than 110 meters.This power must be 12 V. suit you stranded copper cable cross-section which is 0.5 millimeters.If the distance is more than 110 meters, the section should be 0.75 millimeters.It is recommended to place the power supply as close as possible to the camera.
- Twisted Pair.This model is able to transmit video on a fairly long distances.It is desirable to use it in combination with only the active transmitter.Otherwise the meaning twisted pair just lost.
- coaxial cable.Imbued with a copper center conductor and transmits the signal from the camera to the DVR.It is recommended to use a cross section ranging from 5 millimeters.There are wires, cross-section of which is 8 millimeters, but if you're completely missing the first option, to pay just does not make sense.
- Combined cable.It is the easiest to install CCTV cameras in the apartment, because the camera is held to one single cable.
CCTV cameras can also be external and internal.External models must be resistant to temperatures ranging from minus 20 to plus 50 degrees Celsius.It is recommended to purchase a camera with infrared illumination.Also, the camera may vary in shape body.
equipment dome shape often used indoors.Typically, it is attached to the ceiling.Cameras cylindrical form endowed with universal mounting, thanks to which they can be placed on the vertical and horizontal plane.
apparatus housing forms are installed only indoors.In such cameras is not the lens, but the image is quite good quality.Devices that are modular in form, does not have a casing.This option is only used for covert surveillance.PTZ cameras are endowed with the review in 360 °.This camera is the most expensive.
By type of camera lens can be variofokalnym when the focal length of the lens can be changed manually, ieit is possible to zoom in and out objects.Fixed models are endowed with a certain focal length, which can not be changed manually.
When installing security cameras with their hands pay attention to the power and current that it consumes, to choose the right power supply.Icon "TVL" refers to the resolution of the camera.For example, the low resolution is approximately 400 TV lines, the average - about 500 TV lines and high - 600 TVL.Icon "LC" refers to sensitivity to light.The lower the score, the camera is less sensitive.
to choose the right power supply, consider the number and characteristics of the cameras.Generally, the standard camera consume 12 V. For example, you have three chambers, which consume 12 V and 0.7 A. In sum, they will consume 2.1 A. Such a system can use a power supply with a 12 and 30A. It should be noted that amps should leave some margin.
Selection Rules DVR
When selecting DVR note the number of audio and video inputs.Registrars can have 16 channels, but if you need more, through a network, you can merge several video recorders, or use the video capture card (there are 32-channel variants).
Also note the number and size of hard drives that are installed in the DVR.Think about how many days will be stored archive records.Typically, one camera consumes 300 MB of hard disk at a constant recording.Ask what is the speed of recording channel and a frame size.
If you plan to just capture people in the room can be used at 6 frames per second per channel, but will be removed if the movement of cars, better to choose 25 / s.Compare the number of frames per second at maximum frame size.Note that the number of individual frames is on the record, and a separate displayed online.Online almost always displays 25 k / s, so be guided by the record.
First we need to prepare for the position of cameras and install them on the camera.When the cameras are properly secured, you need to connect to them wire network and meals.The other end of the wires must be connected to the network.When self-installing cameras should follow these guidelines and rules of installation of video surveillance:
- If you are installing a surveillance camera outside, outdoors and at the same time using the power supply, it must be remembered that they are not designed for use outdoors.Therefore, they must be placed in a sealed box.Also pay attention to the tightness of the holes when entering the wires in the box.
- When you choose the mounting location for the camera as much as possible, try to protect her and junction boxes from possible exposure to sunlight, rain, snow, ice.It is recommended to install the cameras as high as possible so the attackers were not able to remove or break the equipment if desired.In strictly protected sites better conduct secret video surveillance or to use it in combination with a conventional, as an additional precaution.
- Before installing brackets for cameras and wiring, you should check whether your camera.To do this, look at the image that it shows.Immediately determine the area of capture, she has to show and check mode day and night vision.
- sure that the lighting in the observed area was distributed evenly.If you set the camera in a dark place, and it will remove the bright sunny side most likely quality of the final image will be very poor.Try to provide the same amount of light in the area of monitoring and review of the camera.
- If the cameras are directed toward a bright light or the sun, they can be damaged.When installing and configuring CCTV observe the movement of the sun across the sky during the day.If
- surveillance will be carried out at night, make sure that the area is enough light.You can also set the camera with LEDs, or light.
- in a shop or office camera have to stand on each input and output.This approach will help you know exactly who came in and out of the room, and at what time.
- When installing the camera, make sure that you personally can get to them.This is to ensure that, when the case could rub it against dust, spider webs, moisture, etc.With timely care surveillance system will provide you with high-quality and long work.
- Provide protection for DVR.Attackers can specifically damage or break it, so it must be in reach of other places, but well ventilated.
- When you select the camera, remember that the black and white models will work well in conditions with poor lighting, and color will give more information.It is recommended to choose a camera with the option of "day-night".This variant is in color, but at nightfall switches to black and white mode.
Configuring cameras and DVR
During the installation of video surveillance systems, you will need a switch or router.After that you need to install special software on your computer that you can control.Typically, the software supplied with the kit video surveillance.When you start and install the program, you must properly configure the camera.