Modern construction crews often turn to waterproofing company "Penetron".It is available as a dry construction composition consisting of specialized albolita quartz sand with particles of a certain diameter, chemically modified impurity elements.Its main purpose - waterproofing surfaces of concrete and reinforced concrete structure erected.Thanks to the "Penetron", the construction is not afraid of moisture and exposure to water, increasing its durability and resistance to frost.A chemical additive, in turn, provide resistance in case of hit, alkali, acid, sewage and groundwater, as well as when it is in contact with seawater.In this article we will focus on penetrating waterproofing "Penetron"
- Scope Penetron waterproofing
- Benefits "Penetron»
- operating principle of penetrating waterproofing "Penetron»
- Properties penetrating waterproofing "Penetron»
- Howprepare the surface?
- formula of mixing "Penetron»
- Waterproofing "Penetron" technology
- Waterproofing "Penetron" technological holes and pressure leaks
- Application penetrating waterproofing on brick and stone surfaces
- How to care for treated "Penetron" surfaces
Scope Penetron waterproofing
- «Penetron» can be used as a self-isolation or applied together with subsidiary mixtures of the same series.It all depends on the type of construction.
- Such waterproofing is carried out when the surface has a crack width of 0.4 mm, and if they are larger and require an additional "Penekrit".Through the combined use of these formulations is obtained to remove the capillary leak (if broken waterproofing), to get rid of cracks, joints and wide joints, couplings and junctions.In order to eliminate the pressure leak, "Penetron" is used in conjunction with "Peneplagom" and "Waterplug."
- The main advantage of such a mixture - and radioactive environmental cleanliness.That is after all the checks laid, "Penetron" showed that it is absolutely harmless to the environment and to people.He has a certificate indicating that it can be freely used in the construction, as well as to create a drinking water supply.
- Its design was obtained such property as rigid obstacle moisture.That is, the concrete blocks will not pass through the water itself, even under high hydrostatic pressure.Penetron also used to protect and concrete from aggressive environments (acid water with high levels of salt and wastewater t. D.).
- mixture itself does not lose the warranty period.The duration of its operation is directly connected with the base, it is treated.And since it gives additional waterproofing properties, such design will serve longer.
- Easy application technology.Due to the penetrating properties, can also be applied on only one side.Besides waterproofing "Penetron" does not require drying concrete.
- It has, in fact, a unique feature - self-healing.That is, if a concrete block formed cleats micropores or similar damage (diameter and depth up 0,05sm), crystal growth is initiated, which fill the whole space.This occurs at the point where the solution starts to contact with water.
- «Penetron» improves the water resistance of the structure.This indicator is denoted by the letter W. After applying the waterproofing, for the month index to grow 4 to 10, and if you wait three months, the concrete block will have a figure of 20W.
- composition affects only contact with moisture, but otherwise the concrete retains its original characteristics.Impregnating waterproofing does not affect the water vapor permeability of concrete structures.
Tip: on the market there are fakes of the original brand, so before you buy a waterproof "Penetron", it is recommended to ask for certificates of quality.
operating principle of penetrating waterproofing "Penetron»
- Waterproofing is diluted to the desired consistency, and then it is covered with wetted concrete surface.For the best effect it is necessary that the concrete surface is wet as possible.
- Reactive components "Penetron" gouged concrete respond to the presence of ionic calcium compounds and aluminum oxides and metal salts that are part of the composition of the concrete mix.After that, in the interaction with the liquid crystal hydrates are formed which have not dissolved.It is a network of such entities and combats flawed concrete, forming one piece with the concrete structure.
- In place filled with cracks and pores, forces of surface tension of the liquid, causing the water simply do not move.
rate at which crystals are formed and how they penetrate deep into the concrete structure depends on several factors:
- density of concrete;
- porous concrete;
- humidity and temperature values of the environment.
main component, which depends on the stop or the construction of chemical crystals is water.If it is, then the process goes, but in its absence it stops.
Properties penetrating waterproofing "Penetron»
- Since "Penetron" works with a moist surface, the significant cost savings that would be used for drying concrete.
- this application does not require sealing of any specific skills and abilities.The procedure is described in the instructions on the package.
- does not matter which side of the concrete foundation will be covered by "Penetron" - from the outside or the inside.He will act the same way in both cases.
- Concrete treated with waterproofing that will increase its performance on the water resistance, strength and hardiness.This design keeps the old parameters of water vapor permeability.
- If for any reason, the surface will be damaged, it would have no impact on its acquired waterproofing properties.
- Concrete with "Penetron" acquires a new feature - "self-healing".
- This material is not washed away with time.
- If him consume additional additive materials of the same system, such as "Admix", then the surface will be absolutely terrible effects of corrosive environments.
- For a waterproofing no matter what brand of concrete to have to deal with.Moreover, protection is not limited to the concrete itself, but also on its reinforcing components.
- «Penetron" is an environmentally friendly material, which is why it is often used for the construction of drinking water reservoirs.
How to properly prepare the surface?
- Before you apply the solution, the concrete surface must be clean.Therefore, it is purified from any contaminants - sand, dust, shotcrete.You can use the special installation, which is fed a stream of water under strong pressure.Manually or with a brush with metal bristles.In case there is a colorful coating, it is also necessary to remove.
- When the concrete has a smooth and level surface, then all remnants of fat accumulation can be removed using a weak acid solution left on the hour.Then rinse with water.
- Note that waterproofing "Penetron" works only with a moist surface, the moisture should permeate the entire structure of the concrete.
formula of mixing "Penetron»
- order to create a high-quality mix, should adhere to the following proportions: 1 kg of waterproofing is 0.4 liters of water.
- for proper batch consistency sure water flows into the dry mixture, rather than vice versa.For 1-2 minutes by hand or with a drill to produce a mixture of substances.Ultimately waterproofing should be liquid, similar to the density of sour cream.
Experts recommend, to harvest the amount of solution that can be applied in time for half an hour.And after another to prepare a mixture.To "Penetron" thickens, it occasionally interfere in the process.
If waterproofing thickens, then in any case it can not be re-diluted with water.It is necessary to re-cook "fresh" composition.
Waterproofing "Penetron" technology
- Once the structural elements free of dirt, and the mixture is cooked in the right quantity, you can proceed to the process of treatment.
- This requires a brush of synthetic fibers or a sprayer.Waterproofing applied to the surface in two layers.
- As mentioned, the work carried out only with the wet concrete.Therefore, the first layer is applied immediately after the surface moistened.And give some time to the composition of "grabbed" with concrete.Then immediately proceed to the second layer, but not before the surface is moistened with water again.
- It is important to make sure that both layers evenly covered the design, do not leave any gaps or gaps.The average consumption of dry mix for smooth surfaces will be 0.8-1.1 kg \ m2, and if available there is considerable unevenness, this figure will increase.
- When a long seams, joints, and the joints in block structures, it is necessary to apply "Penekrit" which isolates them.But in the event of a leak - "Peneplag" or "Ventirplag."
Waterproofing "Penetron" technological holes and pressure leaks
During the construction of houses in the laying of foundations and walls used form panels.They, in turn, leaving behind a gap that must also be addressed.Just for this purpose, can serve as a "Penetron" and "Penekrit."
- First removed the plastic sleeve that can be done by drilling.Further, the resulting hole is cleaned from dust.
- Then, using foam filled the gap, but then it is important that both sides remained free edge by about 2-2.5 cm. The walls of the cavities obtained moistened with water, after which the hole is filled with "Penekritom".The mixture is applied with a spatula or your hands.But in the second case, you should be mindful of their safety and protect hands with gloves.Himself solution should fit "sit" in the cavity.
- After "Penekrit" will be in place on top of it, using a brush, apply "Penetron", with the rate of 1 kg per cubic meter.For the right effect using two layers.
- similar manner liquidated and places where there is a leak.Only in this case, used a mixture of "Peneplaga" and "Waterplug."They are tightly pressed into the hole from where the leak.These materials have a high degree of adhesion.The rate of adhesion of the material to the surface of the hole is largely affected by the temperature of the water and concrete - the lower it is, the slower process.
- If leakage seeping through vertical fractures, the work performed in the direction from top to bottom.
- These patches are processed from the top "Penetron", but professional builders say that "Peneplag" additional protection is not needed.But these savings are not always suitable, as the price of waterproofing "Penetron" is low, at an average of 300 rubles / kg.
Application penetrating waterproofing on brick and stone surfaces
- «Penetron" in nature rather unique means of waterproofing.It works not only to concrete but also with bricks and stones.But in the case of such use should take into account some special features.
- Initially, the work surface should be plastered.For this approach only the cement-sand mortar, which are not lower than the M150 brand and in any case can not be applied gypsum plaster or mortar.
- originally fixed on the surface of masonry net with a mesh size 50x50 mm or 100x100 mm.The plaster layer is applied not thinner than 4 cm, while so as not to remain air gaps.
- Plastering is recommended at one time.
- prepared surfaces give the day to dry, after which it is possible to work "Penetron".Consumption waterproofing "Penetron" is 0.8 kg / m2.
How to care for treated "Penetron" surfaces
It is important to make sure that the treated concrete is protected from mechanical damage during the 3 days.You also can not prevent premature drying of surfaces, as it will lead to flaking and cracking.To avoid this trouble, you can use the following methods:
- spraying water.For this fit, or spray gun;
- close the entire surface with plastic wrap.
often concrete structures veneer finishes.To conduct this work can be no earlier than 28 days after the treatment, "Penetron".