brightness and configuration of lighting depends on two factors: personal taste and bathroom area.Someone dreams of spotlights, and someone like a standard ceiling in the center of the ceiling.The article discusses how to organize the lighting in the bathroom.
- How to arrange fixtures
- Professionally Decorated
- How to calculate the required power lamps
- protective properties
- 4 zones humidity
- types of lamps, their advantages and disadvantages
- Incandescent Halogen Bulb
- Fluorescent lamps
- LED backlight
- Types and methods of attachment fixtures
- Wiring in the bathroom
- mounting fixtures on the main ceiling
- mounting fixtures on plasterboard ceiling
- Luminaire for suspended ceiling
- Sample photo bathroom lightingRooms
Proper location of lighting products and power of lamps determine the quality of lighting.The standard scheme is as follows - ceiling lamp and supporting - wall sconces or spots.It should be noted
How to arrange fixtures
It is important to remember that a lot of light does not happen, even if the room has a window aperture.Ideally, lighting should be a three-tier:
- overhead lighting - to the small size of the room is enough to arrange a middle dome light, but if the budget and the size of this room make it possible, then we can arrange the ceiling and star-like.
- working lights - in the work area, the mirror can be installed two lighting devices, parallel to the top.A good solution will be lighting on flexible brackets, they allow you to adjust the light flux in the right direction so you can achieve optimum illumination face during various hygienic and cosmetic procedures.
- lower lighting - here it plays more decorative than functional role.Originally arrange the room, made with architectural elements such as pedestals, steps, or niche, you can use the built-in lighting in the form of multi-colored lanterns and portholes.
- Immediately it should be noted that it is not necessary to select a model with a body made of colored glass or plastic, they have this property, as the distortion of light.Therefore, the best solution would be a gated bowl of frosted white or transparent material.
- Area ceiling height and determine the size of the fixture.Low ceiling does not allow you to set a hanging model, in this case will serve as an ideal option: spots, wall and ceiling and spotlights.A "sweeping" extravagant chandelier equipped with three or more shades are not suitable for rooms with a small area.
- choice should be based on stylistic decision room.For example, the bathroom in the Japanese style, where the emphasis is on soft soothing tones, metal fixtures strict forms will look somewhat ridiculous.
- In a room with ultra-modern design harmoniously fit light fixtures with clean lines in the form of geometric shapes.Here the material can be metal, plastic or chromium.
- Classic implies fixtures with laconic forms without additional parts and elements.You can opt for, and on models with clear or stained glass.The last option will create a wonderful game of light reflections on the walls of the room.
How to calculate the required power lamps
The comfort of being in a room largely determines the level of illumination, as it affects the eyes and nervous system in general.Therefore, there are certain rules, which specify the number of lumens per square meter bathroom.
It should be noted that the purchase of such products greater attention watts, quite simply - energy consumption.But, nevertheless, it is an indicator as lumens determines the brightness of the luminous flux varying bulb.
for bathrooms and toilets of 200 lumens is enough for 1 m²:
- incandescent bulb 25 W 200 lm ̴;100 W ̴ 1350 lumens;
- halogen lamp (230 V) 42 W 625 lm ̴;(230) 70 W 1170 lm ̴;
- fluorescent lamp 40 W 2000 lm ̴;200 W ̴ 1500 lumens;
- LEDs 40-80 W ̴ 6000 lm.
When calculating lumens, it should be borne in mind and the color materials from which made decoration.If the room is dominated by bright colors, then it is necessary to adhere to the minimum performance, finishing in the dark - the maximum.
Usually housing lighting products is marking the IP, followed by two and sometimes three digits.Each of them carries important information about protecting against dust, moisture and the degree of impact of these products.
- first numerical designation in the range of from 0 to 6 determines the degree of protection against dust and solid particles.Where 0 - is the absence of any protection, and 6 - complete protection.
- second digit - in the range from 0 to 8 indicates the level of water resistance.Where 0 - is the absence of any protection, and 8 - full protection until the complete dipping into the water for a long time.
- third digit responsible for impact, is in the range from 0 to 10. Here, the deformation of the body (cracks, dents, chips) following mechanical impact, measured in joules.But, nevertheless, the luminaire must not only function, but also meet the requirements of electrical safety and to preserve the existing degree of protection IP.Thus - 0 means no protection, and 10 (20Dzh) - vandal-proof enclosed luminaire.
Summarizing the above information, you can determine the necessary protection index lamp designed for this room.It must have a minimum degree of protection IP 442 and the maximum is IP 674.
4 zones humidity
determine the optimal level of protection of the device can be light in terms of its location in the bathroom.This room is divided into zones, which differ in the level of humidity.
- The first zone is located in the vicinity of sinks, bathtubs and shower inside.It allowed the installation of 12 watts of lighting equipment marked by IP 674.
- second zone - okolopotolochnoe space above the bath bowl, where the device is exposed to a light hit, not only drops, but streams of water.Therefore it is recommended to opt for a model with a capacity of up to 24 watts and with an index of protection IP 452 or more.
- third zone is located not less than 0.5 m from the edge of the tub or sink.The lamp in this point must be protected against dripping water, then you can mount the model marked by IP 242.
- fourth zone is located 3 meters from the bath or sink.Where fixtures facing a vapor or condensation.The best solution would be - a model with an index IP 011 or higher.
types of lamps, their advantages and disadvantages
widely used product of this kind because of its low cost, ease of use and instant ignition, when switched on.
ambient temperature has almost no effect on its performance.
By cons include the low level of light and short time of operation, which is only about 1000 hours.In addition, these lamps get very hot, so they can not be used if:
- plastic bowl;
- Shade is miniature form and made of textiles.
- is mainly used in the spot, distinguished by high luminous efficiency and long service life.
- aluminum diffuser copes with thermal radiation, which makes it possible to use the lamps in spotlights on suspended ceilings made of different materials.They are available with a capacity of 220 V and 12 V.
Installation 12-volt lamps have a certain lack of - for them it is necessary to install a low-voltage transformer.
- compares favorably to its luminous flux and long life.
- Different types of phosphor are responsible for certain colors of light, such as daylight, warm white, cool natural light and so on.
- model of the tube serves as an independent source of illumination.
But such products are "responsive" to reduce the temperature and pressure, in which case they do not light.In addition, they do not differ silent operation and have a restrictive power to 150 watts.
- As a manufacturer assures, will last 100,000 hours, while consuming very little power.
- Lamps of this type are used in spotlights and tape, including color - as decorative lighting.
By cons include the high price, both in the product itself, as well as equipment (transformers, ventilation system) for its stable operation.
Types and methods of attachment fixtures
Huge selection of lighting products allows you to choose the most suitable model, the corresponding cost, specifications and design ideas.By the method of attachment can be divided into 3 groups:
- built - spotlights, spots can speak basic or additional lighting.Their installation by using the tabs at the base of the ceiling, with the ceiling sinus must not be less than 7 cm for halogen lamps and about 12 cm for incandescent lamps;
- suspended model - mnogorozhkovye chandeliers odnolampovye lamps are mounted directly on the metal hook main ceiling.In this case, size, weight and shape of the lighting device of little importance.Their main task - Decorative lighting quality, which depends on the capacity of installed lamps;
- overhead - especially ceiling light, suitable for any type of ceiling as a basic or additional light source, if you place them on the walls.They are fitted with metal or plastic base with holes for workers, where the installation is carried out hardware.This appliance is available in basically correct form, moreover, it is lightweight and compact.
Wiring in the bathroom
- for bathrooms, where humidity, preference should be given to hidden wiring.Wire - the reliability of the system is determined as follows: the sum of the power values of lamps, installed indoors, the resulting value is divided by 220 V. The end result - the load on the cable, where it is expressed in amperes.It is noted that a copper wire in a thickness of 1 mm can withstand loads of up to 2000 watts.
- Typically, copper cable cross-section should not be less than 2.5 mm², aluminum - 4 mm².To highlight the best fit two-copper wire with a cross section of 1.5 mm².It is not recommended to interconnect two different composition of the cable and used as insulating material electrical tape.
- begin the process of replacing the wiring should be to disable the existing cables in the junction box.The source of power for the duration of the operations may temporarily serve as a carrying.With the help of the indicator you need to make sure that all electrical devices are de-energized.
- Bitmap Removing previous postings executed pointed chisel and mallet or a power tool with a nozzle, the process is very dusty and difficult.If you can not determine where it goes, then you need to apply a special device.
- For installation of a new power lines need to perform shtroblenie ceiling and walls to the desired point where you want to install one or another appliance.
- lay cables can be with corrugations, the wire does not fall out of the groove, it is fixed every meter with a mixture of plaster or gypsum.As suitable fixing material and special jigs, which are pre-mounted in Grooves and then inserted therein corrugated cable.
- Upon completion of this step, connect the cable to the junction box and check the quality of all connections.If all works are carried out correctly and no closures - performed seal cutting grooves.
mounting fixtures on the main ceiling
When choosing a model for the main ceiling is recommended to give preference to the lower dome-plate lamp or spherical.On the concrete ceiling mounted metal products unit, which usually go with the luminaire.If the ceiling is wood, while the installation is operating through holes with suitable diameter screws.
- Such svetoproduktsiya mounted on the wall, if necessary, you can pick up a kit consisting of a wall and ceiling light in a single design decision.
- Before starting work, the power supply is turned off, then stripped ends of the cables and the terminals attached to the ceiling.When tightening the clamp screws going wiring.
- continue to strengthen the base and the ceiling lamp is screwed.It should turn on the power, make sure that the light comes on without any difficulty (Morgan, sparks).After verification, you can mount a decorative cap.
mounting fixtures on plasterboard ceiling
layout for a point of light in the bathroom is done prior to installation of the GCR.There is no need for wiring Stroebe ceiling, but it is worth noting that it is desirable to put in the corrugated pipe.The wires (not less than 20 cm) to the output point of the installation of lighting fixtures.
desired diameter holes under lights on the sheets can be carried out both before and after installation.Care must be taken to calculate the location of lighting fixtures, that at installation they do not fall on the metal profile.Run the holes you can use the drill and a special nozzle-glass.
- luminaires with incandescent .First, you must connect the electric cable to the terminals of fixtures.To insert spots in the hole of the ceiling is necessary to press the center of the metal tabs.Then - release fasteners and automatically takes the initial position and firmly secure the lamp in place.Now it is possible to screw in the bulb.
- lamps with halogen lamps .It also attached the leads to the terminals.Next, a body of the electric device by means of spring fasteners.The detachable cartridge insert the lamp and fix it mounting yoke, which is provided with a lamp.When you work with halogen lamps need to use gloves.
- bulkhead .The first thing is fixed strap fixture wire products, power lines then connect wires to the terminal by color.Carefully cleaned wire in the hole and the mounting holds the decorative body.If the luminaire has a substantial weight, while construction at the site of installation is recommended strengthened by ribs.
- LED lighting bath .
Posted by in Lighting