Doorbell - a device designed to signal the owners of an apartment or house that visitors come to them.Not so long ago, the stores were calls that have the same device and ringing, but today we have a choice.
- Types doorbells
- Advantages and disadvantages of different types of calls
- Installing the doorbell: general rules
- Overview manufacturers doorbells
electric door bell saw the light when he wasinvented electromagnet.At first it was quite primitive, but with time, undergone several changes, has become a comfortable and functional device.
Doorbells that exist today, are divided into three types:
- Mechanical.Often they are used for decoration of the door in a certain style.For example, the entrance to the restaurant afloat often equipped with ship's bell, the entrance to the hotel, a medieval-themed - a hammer, etc.
- Electromechanical.When electricity is supplied to the coil core is attracted by the percussion mechanism, in contact with a metal plate which cavity.As a result, there was a sound, by its volume depends on the size of the resonator.
- Electronic.They are connected as well as electromechanical, but the inner content in them is electronic, and the sound is heard from the speaker.In such devices, it is possible to adjust the volume and change the melody.Electronic calls in turn are divided into wired and wireless.
- wired doorbell.It is the most common type of appliance that rings when you press the button, and closing circuits.It is well-known bell that once stood on most doors Soviet apartments.It is true in our time it is slightly modernized - it is now possible to install it on a variety of melodies and sounds, but if you want even quotes from popular movies.This option is a reliable and proven suitable for most.
- wireless doorbell.Such a device is useful for private homes when visitors are not in front of the door leading into the house, and in front of the gate leading into the courtyard and at a distance from the dwelling.When using this model, there is no need to pull the bell wire from the house to the gate.When the button is pressed, the signal is transmitted via radio waves to a call which is in the house.Different models can operate at different distances, it is usually from 30 to 100 m. Wireless calls are divided into two types: rechargeable and battery operated.Such devices are well suited for installation in places where there is no electricity, such as a hunting cabin in the woods.
Besides functionality and quality modern manufacturers began to pay attention to the design doorbells.Whereas in the past it was inconspicuous box made of plastic, which tried to establish itself in an inconspicuous place, now housing the call can be an integral part of registration hall.They may have different colors, shapes and configurations.
Advantages and disadvantages of different types of calls
Benefits electromechanical calls:
- uncomplicated device;
- easy installation;
- long life.
electromechanical calls Disadvantages:
- monotonous signal;
- inability to configure multiple melodies or sounds;
- for the operation of the device requires electricity.
benefits of wireless call:
- easy installation, no need to drill the wall and pull the wire;
- tightness of the enclosure makes it impossible for the ingress of water into it, and a short circuit;
- installation is possible even where there is no electricity.
Disadvantages of wireless calls:
- electronic circuit is exposed to low temperatures and fierce winter could be damaged;
- wireless doorbell will not be able to function if between its two units, one of which is the gate, and the other in the room, there are barriers of concrete or metal, for example, a wall or mesh;
- greater than the gap between the ring blocks, the worse it operates.
Benefits wired calls:
- they are simpler and more reliable than wireless;
- can work in almost any environment.
Disadvantages wireline calls:
- to place a call you need to pull the wire and make holes in the wall, ruining the wall coverings;
- call can not be installed in places where there is no electricity.
Installing the doorbell: general rules
- To install wired bell need a small insulated wire thickness.It will connect the call button, the cabinet and the junction box.Posting attached to the wall by means of special brackets.In order to hold the wire hole is most commonly used, is used to call the old wires.If it is, then there is no need for drilling a wall.
- call is not necessary to mount next to a radiator or any other heat source.If it will be on the street side, it must be properly protected from moisture.
- Often installation of any device models, both wired and wireless, is not a big deal, because it always makes a conscientious producer scheme doorbell and installation guide describing all the details of the process.
- To avoid injury, fire and damage to the unit, never deviate from the rules prescribed in the instructions in favor of the acceleration, reduce the cost, simplify the process.
- To install the wireless doorbell just need to fasten the wall both sides.The minimum that is required in this case - double sided tape.
- Before connecting door bell, in this case, the wired electromechanical, you need to make a hole at the point where the button will be located, and a threaded through an electrically leading from the speaker.Next, drill two holes for dowels.Button is fixed by means of screws, and its terminals are connected to the electric wire, and put the lid on the box.The speaker is fixed in the same way.After that call is connected to a power outlet and enjoy.
Overview manufacturers doorbells
Today doorbell can be bought at any hardware store.It is not a deficit, and the point of retail sale is usually located within easy access from the accommodation most people.The problem is to make the right selection of the call corresponding to the requirements of a particular person.
Produce doorbells, both Russian and foreign companies.Polish firm Zamel liking consumers because manufactures quality, reliable device while standing inexpensive.A wide assortment of models, suitable for outdoor installation and for the one room.Here there are the most common devices and sophisticated, making it possible to select the tunes, volume, etc.
Also, this company produces models of rings, in which the emphasis is on appearance.Possible selection of the device according to the interior, is an example of a call from the natural wood with brass decorative elements or any other.
as well doorbells company Feron, present in the domestic market for a dozen years.Its products are also quite cheap and high quality as that of the above companies.Some models calls Feron capable of operating at temperatures down to -15 and heat to 55 degrees.Devices clothed in a waterproof housing and operate thanks to batteries, their design allows you to choose music from a rather large list.Simpler and cheaper products are not such a long list of tunes, but it can work not only as a warning but also as a burglar alarm.
Russian companies such as Eksinol, Aurora also pleased to provide consumers with choice of inexpensive and quality products.Among their range has models of wireless calls with one receiver and two buttons, in case someone should have two calls in the house.
Choosing doorbell is better not to save money by purchasing cheaper Chinese option.The savings can go sideways, when poor thing starts to act up, interrupting with the signals of other devices, asIt is working with them on the same frequency.Here, as in any other area, the rate should be on quality.