need to install outlets are unlikely someone could raise doubts.This element has an absolute in every home.Practically not a day goes by that the connector has not been used.Furthermore, there are electrical appliances, which simply need to be constantly connected (for example, the most famous and popular household appliance - the refrigerator).The article focuses on how to install an outdoor outlet.
- external device outlets
- conductive mechanism
- faceplate outer outlet
- Installing outdoor outlet
- Manufacturers outdoor outlets
- outer socket Jung
- Sockets outdoor legrand
- External sockets ABB
- External sockets Schneider Electric
probably hard to find anyone who does not know what a socket, but to hold a separate installation not everyone can.After all this work is related to the risk of their lives, so be very careful in this case.First of all, it is necessary to carefully examine the installation technology a
- The name "socket" has received from the similarly named element of decor, which, in turn, became so be named because of the similarity with a rose.The element was mounted on the wall or ceiling and eventually any product, as enshrined in this way, we began to call it so.
- Today, electrical outlets are used to connect different devices to work which requires electricity.The main feature of the connector is that it provides almost instant access to current.Devices in this device is easy to insert and remove due to the fact that they have a cord with plug (or plug) to the end, and there are holes in the outlet for these pins.It is arranged
- connector is easy.It is provided with a housing (front panel), the base and conductive elements (spring contacts, terminals).Can be secured inside the walls and outside (the so-called invoice or outer socket, a fixture which will be discussed).
external device outlets
So, to understand how to fix the connector on any surface it is necessary to understand its structure.In most cases, the place of installation of the wall element acts, but absolutely be mounted on any plane, including the floor, ceiling, or a piece of furniture, such as a decorative fire or closets, as well as outdoors.The main elements sockets are three components:
- conductive mechanism;
- This element, which is attached to the plane and connected to it electrically conductive portion and the upper decorative cap.It may be made of ceramic or plastic.Each material has its advantages and disadvantages.Thus, the ceramic part will not support combustion, which is very important when it comes to electricity, as it dissipates heat very well.But it is considered a significant drawback is that it is very fragile, and it should be treated with caution, as it is likely damaged.Installing such outlet is recommended only indoors.
- course, a modern plastics can also have non-flammability properties, but it's sure to pay attention when buying, as ordinary plastic ignite very quickly, melts and emits an unpleasant odor, and emit harmful chemicals into the air (by burning).Fireproof element made of polycarbonate with special additives.This material is very durable and does not support combustion.Perhaps this is all you need to know about the foundation, as the outlet for it is not the main element, and only serves to secure the entire structure on the wall and connect it to the remaining elements.
- most important part of the device is conductive mechanism.It can be made in three versions:
- uncoated brass;
- tin-plated brass;
- Also, there are variations in which the top brass parts have additional coverage.Note that the least reliable considered contacts made of brass uncoated.This is evident in cases where there is high humidity environment, and the contact comes into contact with the wires of aluminum.As a result, the process of oxidation and reduced current carrying capacity.
- Another disadvantage of such a material is considered to be that after a short time the details of bad springs, which looks at how the use of ragtime outlet.Sometimes, to prevent this process, manufacturers additionally mounted on the resilient washers contacts, which do not allow the petals diverge apart and hold them together.
- Contacts tinned brass are more reliable.Outwardly, they look matte white metal and is less susceptible to oxidation and corrosion.Pins forks reliably fixed in a wall socket or hang out.
- considered most reliable contacts in bronze, but very rare manufacturers make this element of the metal.Outwardly, they have a dark color and their main advantage in securing a safe plug connector, since even after a long time they did not bumped and have excellent spring qualities.
One of the necessary elements of the outer conductor is grounded outlet.
Its presence will avoid many problems, as there is a sufficient number of household appliances, for which the ground - is the primary point.By this technique include:
- heaters, for the reason that they produce a lot of power (eg electric);
- appliances, contact with water, because moisture - it's a great tokoprovodnik (washing machines);
- equipment with a complex device having a chip, as such devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge (computers).
grounding pin almost instantly dissipates free electricity into the ground, causing the discharge does not strike technique or even a person.Purchasing power outlet must always determine whether it has the grounding elements.Externally product without grounding have a shallower depth, as well as their cost of production to slightly below ground contacts.
secure the wire in the connector is made by means of screw connections or special clamping mechanism.The difference between them is that the screws may loosen during use and must be tightened in order to avoid heating the outlet at the increased electrical load.Presser design requires no additional effort on the part of users as a self-regulating device, ie has the ability to tightly pressed against the wire and ensure reliable contact throughout the entire service life.
faceplate outer outlet
- And the last element, which is part of the socket - this faceplate.This part defines the appearance of the product.It is executed from polycarbonate that belongs to malogoryuchim materials.But this is not the only choice, the modern manufacturers offer products where the front part is made of wood, metal or glass.Due to this diversity, it was possible to choose the perfect outlet for any interior.
Outdoor Outlet Photo
- faceplate outer socket has a special cap, which reliably closes the device and protect it from dust and moisture.
Installing outdoor outlet
All currently available sockets are divided into two main types of installation: inside (that is hidden, or built-in installation of the product inside the wall) and external, in which the outlet stays on topsurface and usually also do not hide the wires in the wall, and go through it.In this cable can be installed in a corrugated tube or in a cable channel.But practice and covert location of the wires, special cutting grooves or cavities inside the wall.
- So, how to install an outdoor outlet?The first step is to disconnect the power cable.To do this, you need to simply turn off the electrical corresponding lever.But even after the move is made, you should definitely make sure that the current is really missing.For this indicator screwdriver verified the presence of voltage in the wiring for installation.
- Further, the outlet must be disassembled into its component elements.To begin open the top cover, it is required to overcome the clamps that secure the front cover to the base.This is done quite easily, usually they are located on the sides, just click on them, such as a screwdriver (as it must be present during the installation) and separates the product into three parts - housing base, the mechanism and the front cover with a lid.
- then marks the spot, which will be held in the mounting holes.For this puts the base to the installation site, leveled it, it is desirable to mark level and having holes for fixing are generally two of them, placed diagonally, but may be more, depending on the design.Pencil or a sharp object leave marks on the wall and on those marks drilled holes, or if the wooden base or which can easily twist the screws, use the screwdriver allowed at once.Otherwise, the fixture is made on the dowel-nails.
- Usually socket housing has an inlet, closed with plugs.Therefore, before stretching the wiring should be released this hole.Different products have different versions of these caps, some manufacturers even offer a specially selected sizes for different cable diameters.Cut the desired size, it extends the cable if it is corrugated pipe, it should also be a little stretch.If you plan to install hidden cable, the hole is drilled at the rear of the housing.
- cable insulation inside the socket is removed, and is open wires (conductors) stripped about 1 cm. The cores have different colors, Russia has adopted the following markings:
- L - phase, usually white or gray wire, but also need to bein mind that the live wire may be other colors such as black, red or brown;
- N - zero neutral - blue or blue wire;
- PE - protection, grounding, has a yellow-green color.
- In order to connect the power, followed by a zero (blue) and phase (gray) wires placed in the extreme terminal and the ground wire (yellow-green) to establish a central terminal.Sometimes it is necessary to determine the phase, and you can use a screwdriver indicator.It should be very careful in this process, and to comply with all safety regulations.
- After the filaments were fixed in place, it's time to install the conductive mechanism in the body.It's also easy to make as to pull it just presses it to the place of attachment, and it is held securely on the ground.
- last thing you must - is to install the front part of the product, which is pressed by a special mechanism.Next, connect the electricity and verify the connector.
Manufacturers outdoor outlets
should acquire only the product that has all the proper certifications and is able to work well in the territory of the Russian Federation.Price outlet Outdoor varies depending on the manufacturer.Well proven products of the following companies:
- Schneider Electric;
outer socket Jung
- This German company is known throughout Europe since 1912, as a reliable supplier and manufacturer of elektroustonovochnoy products, switches and sockets.All products have excellent quality and reliability required.The elements of each of manufactured goods have been tested and have a confirmation and a guarantee, which means that we can confidently say that this purchase will last a long time.
- the factory passes so close monitoring is being tested not only functional but also a layer of paint.In addition, outdoor 220V socket is tested by the number of on / off cycles, and if the index is not as declared, the whole batch is removed from production.
- annually technologists are trying to expand the range of products, making it, along with the designers, who are making the appeal and improve ergonomics products.The best-selling outdoor sockets companies can be called a series of products «Jung WG 800», «Jung WG 600», «Jung AP 600» .
- Some models are immediately in combination with switches.Furthermore, sockets are produced double outdoor installation and even triple.The choice is huge lineup.
- cost varies from 1,000 rubles.and up to 7,000 rubles.That is, you can find a product to suit all tastes and abilities.The price consists only in terms of functionality and quality is not affected, as all products are noteworthy.
Sockets outdoor legrand
- French corporation that was founded back in 1866.Today it is the world leader in the production and sales of electrical products.Representatives of the company are available in 70 countries around the world.In 2007, it begins to work closely with Russia, after the acquisition of "contactor".
- In our country the product under the brand name «Legrand» appeared in 1980.Official was opened in 1993, along with the start of production under the brand name "Leten."
- most reliable products are considered to be unprofitable outlets «Legrand Urbano» and «Legrand Plexo» , their value is about 1.5 thousand. Rub.- 3 thousand. Rub.
External sockets ABB
- company's history began in 1988, that's when the two companies merged into a single corporation.It was the Swiss «BBC» and the Swedish «ASEA», which have been known since the late 19th century.The head office of the new combined company operates in the city of Zurich (Switzerland).Outlets and switches are manufactured outside the «ABB» companies - «Busch-Jaeger» and «Niessen».
- more than a century of experience of the company allows it to create more high-quality and reliable products, in addition, the goods are different, and security, which is important, given that his work is done under constant stress.
- There is also a variety of color solutions, through which you can pick up a socket for virtually any modern interior.The most popular and market products deemed series «Ocean» and «Busch-Duro» .
External sockets Schneider Electric
- The company was registered in France in 1836 and has since become a leader in the manufacture of electrical equipment.In a single corporation combined several different companies: «Square D», «Merlin Gerin», «Telemecanique», including the Russian company JSC "Schneider Electric."
- cooperation with this country began back in 1974 and for 40 years in the Russian market, you can see the quality and reliable switches and sockets under this brand.