cellar of the house acts as an additional air gap, which allows you to maintain a normal temperature in premises and not to let the dampness in the house.Because it is very important to maintain a basement in good condition.The first enemy of the premises - the dampness.Especially strong this problem occurs in the off-season, when the rise of groundwater.Dampness in the basement provokes fungi that kill everyone in the room objects and the very walls of the room.If the humidity is greater than all the existing rules, and the dampness gets to the first floor of the house.High-quality waterproofing foundations and walls of the basement helps to avoid all these hassles.
- Why there is moisture in the basement waterproofing Types
- external activities prevention of damp in the basement
- Removing the blind area and trenching
- Analysis of insulation and repairs
- Removing old insulation workcleaning walls
- Waterproofing bitumen
- Species basement waterproofing inside
- Terms performing penetrating insulation
Why there is moisture in the basement
If you find pockets of moisture, you must first find their source.
- This is often some parts of the waterproofing, who lost their properties with time or were originally incorrectly laid.Another reason - the wrong project is the foundation during the construction of the house, when the bottom plate lies under the level of ground water.But even if it is designed correctly, sedimentary meltwater streams and affect the foundation of the building, soaking it with moisture.
- Another possible reason - incorrectly constructed or lose integrity blind area.If moisture comes out of it, then it passes from the outside and requires external waterproofing the basement walls.This process is complex and time-consuming, which includes dismantling of the blind area, digging a ditch on the walls of the basement, the works on waterproofing and construction of a new blind area and drainage.
- condensate.It is formed as a result of the temperature difference between the outside and inside the premises.Improper heating basement, warm currents interact with the lower temperature of the walls.Moisture in the air is deposited on the cold surfaces.In this situation, output will be external waterproofing, as well as improved heating system.If the foundation of the structure - the steel frame of the valve must also be an internal waterproofing.
is often necessary to carry out waterproofing activities in areas closely adjacent to other buildings.These are separate additions to the private home or garages in the cooperatives, which are built close to each other.In this case, there is no possibility to dig a trench to expose the basement walls.For waterproofing in this situation point method is used, which will be described below.
Main division waterproofing involves two types of work - vertical and horizontal waterproofing.Vertical waterproofing paint is when applied to the surface of one or two layers of bitumen mastic, or back-lining, when the wall is secured web material made on the basis of bitumen mastic.The horizontal insulation is carried out using a solution of sand and cement, which is superimposed on the surface and hardens the top roll materials.Choosing insulation basement from water, should be based on data on the level of groundwater relative to the lower part of the foundation:
- low level of groundwater in the construction without a basement.Carry stacking solution of sand and cement layer 20-30 mm.The solution was aligned and placed on a roll material.All waterproofing system located along the edges of the foundation of the earth at a height of 150-200 mm.
- low level of ground water in the building with a basement.Spend a vertical or horizontal stacking of insulation.Three variants of the arrangement:
- Insulation settling on a level floor.The strip foundation slab is placed on top of a solution of sand and cement in a ratio of 1: 2, the layer thickness - 20-30 mm.
- Insulation settling along the edges of the foundation.Roll materials placed indented 15-20 cm from the ground, lay on flat ground.
- walls of the room are painted with hot bitumen mastic.
- high level of ground water in the building with a basement.In this case also, three kinds of applicable waterproofing:
- Laying solution of sand and cement thickness of 20-30 mm.
- Laying 1-2 layers of rolled materials on the leveled substrate.
- If the groundwater level reaches 0.2 m, it is necessary to perform a vertical isolation.For this is placed on the base 2-3 layers of mastic asphalt on Isola.Also from oily wet clay equip clay castle.
external activities prevention of damp in the basement
Symptoms of improper insulation outside of the foundation are - the accumulation of moisture, damp walls, leaks in joints or between blocks.To remove these symptoms, you must carry out the following work:
- Dismantling blind area around the house.
- work on digging a trench along the foundation.
- Work on cleaning unnecessary layers from the walls of the basement.
- Stripping showered layer using a wire brush or the gun.
- Waterproofing event.
- Stacking sand or clay.
- Construction of a new blind area.
Removing the blind area and trenching
waterproofing internal basement walls begins with cleaning the old blind area.Carry out this work with the help of a professional puncher with the required power level or a jackhammer.If you do not already have these instruments, the usual cost crowbar.The trench is dug across the width of a size that will be sufficient for all the necessary procedures.Most often, this dimension is 50-70 cm. The depth of the trench dug to the level of occurrence of the bottom plate.This figure ranges from 70 to 150 cm.
Analysis of insulation and repairs
After visiting the old manufacturing trench isolation walls.In some cases, completely change the waterproofing is not necessary, since it does not come into disrepair over the entire area, but only in certain areas.In this case, the materials come from similar already laid waterproofing, or selected the most similar material.For example, if the old waterproofing made of bitumen, the repair of its mastic asphalt.Cement and polymer-coated repair mixtures based on minerals or mineral-polymers.Optimum use is not just the same stuff, but even the material of the same brand.
waterproof coatings can not be repaired in the event that it has a large number of cracks and various damages, the surface has a lot of decayed areas.In such a case requires the complete dismantling of waterproofing with its subsequent replacement with another material.
Removing old insulation and the clean-wall
If waterproofing or mastic asphalt is made, and its condition is evaluated as non-critical, robust layer, but there are some places that damaged layer is reduced.Handled the problem areas of the same old coating was then applied to the entire surface has 2 layers of waterproofing.Before doing all the work thoroughly clean out the old coating.First
removed all damaged areas of insulation, then from the wall is removed all the dust and coarse dirt.Next, the surface is treated with a metal bristle brush or a grinder with a special nozzle.During stripping adhere to this principle - all part of the insulation, which are easy to clean off, they should be cleaned off completely.Removed not only thin layers, but also quite large in size and depth of field.The wall is cleaned to a monolithic layer of building material.
When the wall surface is fully prepared and all the unnecessary layers are removed, proceed directly to the processing of waterproofing material.Ways waterproofing there are many, but the most budget and easy installation option - mastic asphalt.This method is best suited for people who do not have similar work experience.For the surface treatment needed:
- Primer bitumen.
- Brush CEILING construction.
- White spirit.
front wall insulation plate again well Neaten from sand and dust.On peeled small portion is applied a layer of bitumen primer.Apply it just like an ordinary latex paint.The layer thickness is determined by the color, which should be saturated black.If the color is dark enough, you need to add another layer.The primer is left to dry in these works he performs the role of a primer impregnation.
After drying the primer on it put mastic.Most often it sells ready-to-use mix, but if it is high density to perform the work, then add a bit of white spirit.Diluted mastic thoroughly mixed.Operating temperature mastic - 40-50o, warm up her right in the bucket.Apply the material with a brush or roller is used for leveling trowel.Putty fully cures in a day, at low temperatures, this period is increased to two days.After drying the first layer is applied to the second.Vertical waterproofing basement walls completed.
before backfilling the trench should be considered to hold the insulation.This measure will make the room warmer and more will be protected from condensation.External insulation is carried out with polystyrene foam or foam.Sheets attached around the perimeter of the base.
Species basement waterproofing inside
With the penetration of moisture from the outside, inside the cluster damp basement will also waterproofing basement walls from the inside.This method, as already indicated above, is recommended if there is no possibility to get close to the outside of the foundation.Options There are two internal insulation - penetrating or injection.
Injection insulation is the most simple, apply when there is a small amount of condensate.It is executed by using the fine bitumen is used as the basis for outer insulation, as described in the previous section.Mastic applied in the living room is not recommended, since it is made with the addition of organic solvents.
Terms performing penetrating insulation
If the concentration of the condensate is high or ground water penetrate into the room, rising above the floor, require more capital waterproofing.This applies both to the brick walls waterproofing basements from the inside and work on other construction materials.In this case, the penetrating insulation penetrating compounds.
begin work as well as the external insulation - hold cleaning surface.All layers are removed before the base of the wall, and then the building material is cleaned with a wire brush or grinder.Collected from a brick or block walls require additional work.They include the removal of old mortar joints, making landfall along the line the walls to the floor of the U-shaped indent.Seams and indent filled with repair mortar, for example, "Penekritom."Be sure to carry out the processing of entry places in the foundation of communication elements - pipes, vents, etc.
cleaned of debris and dust the surface is moistened water jetting or a hose with a special nozzle.Waterproofing of penetrate action is only applied to damp surfaces, use a brush to apply a thick fleecy cover.The first layer provide good grips and immediately proceed to the second application.
Likewise spend processing floor.The only difference is in the works - on the floor after wetting pools are to be removed.All have undergone surface treatment must not affect the sun's rays as their shield against mechanical impacts.After processing all the surface is moistened during 10ti days.This is done by spraying or simply detain moisture by covering the surface with plastic wrap.The room temperature is maintained at 50C.