One of the most effective recommendations for small rooms - no more use of floor space and height of the walls under mounting all kinds of shelves and other devices to store all sorts of little things.
- shelves of plasterboard (PHOTO)
- How to make the shelves of plasterboard with their hands: step by step instructions
- Mounting shelves of plasterboard
- shelves of plasterboard with their hands: VIDEO
- $ shelves of plasterboard:Price
If the old-fashioned kind of bookcase with glass doors and a dozen identical shelves depressing you, you can go to an alternative way - to make the shelves of plasterboard on his own sketches, not particularly limiting flight of fancy.
Whether shelves of plasterboard (see. Photo below), shelves of plasterboard, or under the TV shelf under the GCR favorite grandmother set, when properly calculating loads, such shelf will become reliable and functional planes complement the interior design.
shelves of plasterboard (PHOTO)
How to make the shelves of plasterboard with their hands: step by step instructions
To make plasterboard wall shelves, you will need the following materials and tools.
- profile galvanized 50h25 mm;
- arched profile (if curvilinear design will be manufactured, for example, an arch made of plasterboard with curved shelves or shelves);
- guide rails;
- screws and dowels with spacer;
- reinforcing mesh for the treatment of joints (special paper tape or serpyanka).
Mounting shelves of plasterboard
For starters, you need a sketch - how should the regiment will look after installation.In the sketch, make the necessary measurements, mark the alleged attaching shelves on the wall.
mount frame profile for plasterboard.
There are several mounting options.Firstly, mounting flanges during assembly gypsum, and secondly, plasterboard shelves already finished wall.In the first case you will get embedded in the body wall shelf (similar niches), and the second - protruding decorative or functional surfaces.
base shelf - a frame made of metal section size 50h25 mm.
Wall partitioned by level.
to secure the metal frame on the wall, use a screwdriver and screws.Step mount must be at least 250 mm.
about what the profile is better to use in the construction of scaffolds drywall constructions, we wrote in a previous article.Most of you are interested in information about you can learn from it.
Suppose beautiful shelves for you - not the main criterion: you are interested in robust construction, able to withstand considerable weight (for example, a home library or TV).If the shelf is intended for heavy load, you will need to:
- instead of standard plasterboard whose thickness ranges from 9.5 to 12.5 mm, the use of only a thick gypsum board (thickness of 18 mm or more), and other fasteners (the type of screws butterfly) as a secure shelf for conventional screws will not succeed;
- profile mount to the wall with more frequent increments;
- the installation and use of traverse frame, at times reinforcing structure.
After fixing the profile start installation guide, bulking frame construction. guides are transverse and longitudinal spars. for reinforcement guides must be secured to the ceiling or to the floor, plus between the profile and the guide will be put jumper.
To illustrate, consider the example of the work of attaching the frame for the shelf under the ceiling hidden lighting.Arrange the same 60-Tew centimeters below the flower window in the room or shelf for shoes in the hallway and without any problems.The only difference - in the second version of shelves will not be a ceiling fixture.
We hang the frame:
sheathes frame plasterboard:
Mount illuminated shelf:
Corner shelves are fixed by the same method as the longitudinal.
IMPORTANT! for reinforcement shelves on the wall is to mount two profiles bases.In this case, the regiment will be thicker, but stronger.
sheathing frame plasterboard.
sheets of plasterboard fixed to the frame rate of the more load, the more should be made of fastening sheets to the profile.
If your task - to hang shelves of plasterboard in the bathroom, you need to use only water-resistant drywall , ieGypsum plasterboard (gypsum board of this type of green).
IMPORTANT!When trim frame plasterboard remember joints sheets should be placed in the middle sections.
drywall seams sheets after installation should be closed and plastered serpyanka.
IMPORTANT! If you plan to partition or shelf with lights, before starting work on plasterboard frame allowed wiring.Holes in drywall and fixtures are drilled to the mounting frame.
Drywall can be attached as a separate parts and to hang a single sheet, cutting the material with a knife after the fasteners.If
with shelves of plasterboard is clear, then how about the shelves, you need to hang on plasterboard paneling?
How to hang drywall on the shelf?
Firstly, at the stage of wall hangings is to determine the location and construction of hinged in their intended mounting locations to make carcass reinforcement:
- an extra sheet of drywall between the wall and the sheet finishing plating, if the installation is performed on a metal frame;
- cover sheet of drywall adhesive composition across the plane of the sheet, rather than a dot, if the installation is done frameless way to glue.
If it was not provided, mount the shelves should be carried out for special fasteners - "Butterfly" (the principle of consolidation is clearly visible in the figure below). Fasteners for "butterfly" withstand loads up to 5 kg. To fix heavier structures (load up to 15 kg), you can use mounting rails.
it possible to exceed the maximum allowable load?
Without further strengthen - not recommended.In the case where the load on a shelf attached to the drywall will exceed the permissible limits, the design is better to fix the ceiling or floor props with ropes, moving most of the load from the walls to the other surface.
shelves of plasterboard with their hands: VIDEO
$ shelves of plasterboard: price
- in Moscow - from 230 rubles. / M²;
- in Kiev - from 55 UAH. / M².