thorough repair the apartment usually start from the device sex.Common alternative to traditional cement screed, or concrete-sand became dry screed.Consider what are the advantages of dry technology and, in fact, how to make dry screed in the apartment.
- Dry screed: the pros and cons
- Advantages Disadvantages
- Dry screed: reviews «FOR»
- Dry screed: reviews «AGAINST»
- Technology dry floor screed
- devicedry screed: materials
- Dry floor screed with expanded clay from the manufacturer and not: what is the difference?
- Dry screed floor with their hands
- Dry screed: VIDEO
- $ Dry tie his own hands: the price issue
- $ Dry screed: the price of works
Dry screed: the pros and cons
Leveling floor screed dry - technology, suitable for both new construction and for repair of floors in older homes.In mass housing construction it appeared relatively recently - not more than two decades ago.However, the active development of the technology of dry floor screed, to a greater exten
- advantages compared to "wet" - concrete or cement mortar - or semi-dry method (of Fiber) - a quick way: speed and floor leveling andPreparedness floor-to-use after installation (if the concrete screed must be given to freeze, then dry the floor is ready for use on the second day!);
- Pretty simple technology described on the websites of manufacturers of materials for dry screed (eg Knauf);
- Easy installation of communications under the screed;
- Dry screed concrete is easier because it can be safely used on balconies and loggias, as well as for the roof;
- Dry screed provides greater thermal insulation and sound much better than "concrete".
- Dry screed - employment dusty, because, at least, without a respirator and protective gloves work better not to start;
- This way you can raise the floor for no more than 8-10 cm;
- When severe flooding floor apartment Prices are likely to come into disrepair, because will need a new floor laying;
- Improper installation technology, the floor will eventually be "walk" - because the floor is better to order the repair professionals.
Dry screed: reviews «FOR»
- Align the floor using a dry method, and you can try on their own.The main condition: just follow the technology offered by manufacturers of materials A similar work (for example, by Knauf, developed a system of "superfield").
- Dry screed is more convenient when the need for rapid completion of the work or when large areas: preparation and distribution of cement-sand mixture takes much more time than filling with expanded clay and floor leveling rule.So you can align the floor, slowly, step by step, without fear of spoiling the base of delays in the work.
- concrete screed, on average, should stiffen (not dry out, namely to freeze!) About 28 days. dry floor you will not have to wait a month before finishing: flooring suitable for further repairs after only two days!
- Concrete conducts sound and transmits heat.Expanded clay, on the contrary - perfectly insulates the room from the extra sounds and prevents heat loss in the cold season.
- Dry screed, taking into account the ease of operation, the cost will be less wet (calculation includes not only the cost of materials for the organization of the floor, but also the amount required for the payment of workers hired by you).
- The well heated rooms dry screed can be organized and in winter, while "Season concrete screed" still closed.
- Due to the fact that different factions used concrete block, the base will be sufficiently dense and motionless.
- may smooth the surface with a vertical drop of up to 3 cm!
- Dry screed as the base is equally suited to any type of flooring: laminate flooring is suitable for under tile or linoleum.
Dry screed: reviews «AGAINST»
- for underfloor heating, water-based dry screed-not the best "partner": a floor afraid of water, even when the layer of waterproofing.But the electric floor heating can be installed: the apartment will always be warm and dry.
- This type of floor is not suitable for public buildings with high frequency mechanical action on the surface of the floor, but the apartment or office, as they say, - "the most it!"Screed in this case would be a better choice for busy and frequented areas.
- Failure stacking technology of dry floor base eventually begin to creak, perhaps "going" panels GVL.Self-leveling floor "walk" can not but give a crack because the process of marriage in the team - yes.
Technology dry floor screed
In a nutshell, the installation of dry screed made of this technology:
floor surface is cleaned of old flooring.
fill cracks with a mixture of self-leveling floor.
Along the perimeter of the room at the junction of the floor and walls are glued special mounting tape.
floor littered with plastic wrap (not less than 8 microns) with a margin of 8-10 cm in the walls.
waterproofing layer on top of the floor is filled with LECA different factions and level by level, using beacons and rule.
top of expanded clay, with fastening on screws, gypsum fiber sheets stacked strong, over which you can put the finishing floor.
IMPORTANT! team Dry floor system can be applied for repair in the bathroom.When installing dry screed in areas with high humidity levels is necessary to lay a waterproof tape at the junction of floors and walls, and the floor surface covered with a special waterproofing layer.
device dry screed:
materials for the device dry screed you will need:
- sheets for dry screed (or GVLV);
- mastic adhesive;
- polyethylene film;
- screws for superlista;
- skirting tape;
- dry backfilling;
- water-resistant thermal insulation plate;
Before describing the installation process step by step, you need to analyze a couple of moments.Dry or wet screed - what are the advantages and disadvantages - we have described above, and now turn our attention to the choice of materials for dry screed.
Dry floor screed with expanded clay from the manufacturer and not: what is the difference?
Two of the most famous in our country, the manufacturer of components for the organization of dry ground - and the companies KNAUF OPTIROCK.Take, for filling Kompevit from KNAUF: for a bag of 40 liters expanded clay different factions you will have to pay about $ 5,75-7,1.
With this you can be sure that the composition of dry screed, which is in the bag corresponds to stacking technology.Non-certified goods are not much lower, but the quality is noticeably inferior. purchasing expanded clay for dry screed from untrusted supplier, you risk getting a bag - a collection of dust and stones are too large. here and do not need a calculator to realize that the miser pays twice.
Dry screed floor with their hands
finished surface.Dry modular floor can be mounted on any surface: the coating can be organized over the concrete and wooden floor.Main criteria: the surface must be solid, flat and dry!
To prepare the subfloor to dry screed flooring, close the gaps between the slabs, walls, and all kinds of mounting recesses potholes cement-sand mortar.Remove trash.
IMPORTANT! for floor leveling, do not use additional structures that can raise the level of the floor (if not desirable).Expanded clay cope even with complex irregularities: they align swings surface height to 3 cm.
on a clean floor is laid a layer of waterproofing (Conventional Premises - balconies, living rooms - one layer will be sufficient ordinary polyethylene film, the film thickness - 8 microns).
If you stacked film overlap, leave for the overlapping layers of material of the order of 15 cm or more.Sunset on the wall of the film should be approximately 10 cm (if you plan to stack the dry screed of more than 5-8 cm in height, raise the film allowance for another 10 cm, focusing on the final level of the floor).Along the perimeter of the film is placed against the wall, secure masking tape or stapled construction.
To avoid sound bridges and to allow for thermal expansion of the material the floor along the walls around the perimeter of the room should be arranged in the gaps 8-10mm thick.They must be put soundproof an edge strip (usually made of a strip of mineral wool or glass, and polyethylene foam).
Along the perimeter of the room is performed markup level filling, put beacons.To install the beacon can use U-shaped profile (required with sharp edges).Lighthouses around the room placed so that the distance between them was a little less than the length used rule (rule will flatten the filling).
IMPORTANT!Choosing beacons, guided by the restrictions on the minimum height.For example, dry filling layer must be applied at least 3 cm in thickness, because the flashing profiles are often used when working with a concrete screed can not be used.
grainy poured concrete block on top of the waterproofing layer.This material giving low shrinkage, having good flowability, and low hygroscopicity.
After leveling backfilling rule on beacons (for movement on the smoothed surface of the substrate using a small flatwooden boards) you can start laying sheets (dry screed leveling large areas carries a special machine).
dry screed can be organized not only with GVL - water resistant gypsum sheets.It can also be used waterproof plywood, chipboard, OSB plates GSP and asbestos sheets.
sheets stacked on the room door, gradually moving to the far corners.The sheets are placed on the surface of expanded clay carefully, trying not to move them on the surface of the filling.
IMPORTANT! Such work perform better with a partner because of the severity of gypsum fiber sheets.
When laying sheets adjacent to the wall, cut off the seam.The sheets must be laid GVL stepper offset (on a masonry).Along the perimeter of the premises after laying GVL glued and secured with screws in increments of 30 cm.
Dry screed is readyfor use the next day after the completion of!
IMPORTANT! For mounting GVL must use special screws with cone-shaped head, through which you can "drown" screw into the sheet.
Dry screed: VIDEO
$ Dry tie his own hands: the price issue
To arrange dry screed you will not need special equipment, and all the required tools - a screwdriver and rule.What is the cost of materials?
- washable sheets - $ 9 / m²;
- filling - from $ 6.5 / L 40;
- Mastic glue (5 kg) - from $ 7;
- additional waterproofing (5 kg) - $ 40;
- putty (25 kg) - $ 10;
- film for waterproofing - 0.8 $ / linear meter;
- screws for gypsum fiber board - from $ 7 / packaging;
- skirting tape - from $ 5.7 / skein.
Take a calculator.To arrange dry screed in a typical room at 12m² you will need an average of about $ 180-224 for materials.In work carried out personally, you will save about $ 135 more (based on the prices listed below).
IMPORTANT!Buy most of the above materials can be in any construction market.However, we recommend to buy all the necessary materials - from screws and filling up - of the de manufacturer.
$ Dry screed: the price of works
How much is hiring masters:
- in Moscow - with an area of work up to 50 m² - 350 rubles / m, with the area of work from 50 m² - 320 rubles / m;
- in Kiev: the work area of 50 m² - 90 UAH / m, with the area of work from 50 m² - 70 UAH / m.