- types of tiles
- How to check the quality of the acquired tile?
- degree of resistance to chemical attack tiles
- Sort tiles
- tools for laying tiles
- Methods tile
- tiling scheme:
- design tile (pictures)
- Preparing for tiling
- technology tile: common rules
- SVP (alignment system tiles): VIDEO
- laying tiles on gypsum board and other types of surfaces: technology training base
- laying tile on drywall: VIDEO
- way of preparing other surfaces:
- Laying the tiles in the kitchen
- Species facing kitchens:
- Laying tiles on the wall: the most important thing
- Laying tiles on the wall: VIDEO
- Laying tiles PVC
- adhesive tile
- $ cost
- tile Laying the tiles: VIDEO
Laying tiles - the process simple, but tedious.For most types of premises and grounds (on the wall, floor, ceiling) stacking technology is very similar.The only difference in the formulations on which tile is secured to the base and methods for their preparation for the installation.
types of tiles
Large selection of ceramic tile can sometimes be misleading and instead of finding really quality cover the buyer begins to rely solely on the design surface.Appearance is undoubtedly - an important selection criterion.But it, as they say, the light is large enough.
How to check the quality of the acquired tile?
If the tiles will not be resistant to abrasion - it cost a penny.Since ceramic can be used in the bathroom of one-room apartments, as well as for high-rise buildings lining the staircase, the degree of wear in different kinds of coverage must also be different.
Learn about what the quality of the product you can get at a special marking PEI: the most "insecure" tile is designated as «PEI I», and the most enduring - like «PEI V».
Each class durability defines the room in which the coating can be applied:
- marking PEI I used to refer to the facing wall of decorative tiles (on the floor in the hallway do not recommend this place - only the wall or on the ceiling in the bathroom, for example,suitable for laying on the apron or for installation on a fireplace);
- marking PEI II - floor tiles (with the proviso that run mainly along the floor in soft shoes / slippers), a tile can be laid, for example, on a balcony;
- marking PEI III - Tiles is intended for residential use (however, this can not be put on the ladder or steps at home, in the hallway or corridor as it is not recommended), suitable for small offices, the movement of people that do notintensively;
- marking PEI IV - This tile is designed for lining the surface of any type of premises, as well as the floor of public places with little intensity of movement of people (up to resistance street road tile this species is not "hold out", but for the garden path the country will do);
- marking PEI V - the highest durability - this tile is recommended for use in public areas with high traffic of people (this tile is put on stage in public buildings suitable for decking in the garage, in the pool or in the bath, in catering establishmentsetc.).
According to the characteristics of water absorption tiles are divided into 8 groups: Group 1 - the most resistant (absorption less than 3% moisture), it can be used to revet apron in the kitchen of a large restaurant, a children's camp or a food factory;Group 2 absorbs up to 6%, the third - to 10%, etc.
Besides tiles attributable to the first three groups, it is considered suitable for facing not only the interior, but also external - from the street.This tile practically does not absorb moisture, so in winter it does not crack in the cold: it can be easily put on the porch, or laid on asphalt for the track to the house / public institutions (then make sure that the tiles not only cracked in the cold,but not sliding).
Groups from 4th to 8th can be installed indoors in all rooms, except the bathroom and kitchen, asThis room with high humidity and frequent contact with water.
When cleaning the room every woman needs to know by what means, and in the truest sense of the word, with some diligence can be cleaned with one or another kind of tile.
degree of resistance to chemical attack tiles
Another classification - the degree of resistance to chemical attack tiles:
- AA - under the influence of chemicals does not change;
- A - permissible minor exterior changes of ceramic tiles;
- B - average changes;
- C - ceramic tiles of this class by using chemical agents is likely to lose the original appearance.
Finally, technical parameters, without the knowledge of which you initially run the risk of purchase low-quality products - Classification of tiles class:
- red mark - first grade tiles;
- blue marking - Class II;
- green marking - third grade.
Sort tiles - an indicator of how many defective tiles can contain one or other product packaging.In addition, the edges of the ceramic tiles of the third or second grades may even be curved, because of which masonry tiles offset without joints (butt), as, indeed, any other decorated with brickwork becomes impossible.Because of the uneven edges of the tile, in some cases, even with a seam to lay tiles problematic.
IMPORTANT! glossy tiles - slippery surface.For facing the floor is better to choose a textured ceramic tile.
on the package label tile, you can meet the following notation:
Tiles can also be of this type:
- cotto (unglazed tiles, obtained by extrusion);
- kottoforte (glazed tiles, double-fired);
- single firing (tiles made by compression, mainly designed for floor coverings);
- porous, single-fired (tiles made by compression, mainly designed for wall coverings);
- clinker (unglazed / glazed tiles on a colorful Utel, for the manufacture of ceramic tiles using an extrusion process - forcing the molten material through the mold);
- granite ceramic, on the red mass (produced by pressing);
- stoneware (unglazed tiles on pigmented white or colored mass).
In addition, there are specific types of solid tiles used mainly for finishing floor coverings (including street) - a kind of iron, vinyl, and acid-resistant tiles, and tiles kvartsevinilovaya.
For flooring also has a number of decorative solutions - it is, for example, samples of carpet tile, which laid on their own much easier than the above types
tools for laying tiles
- building level (to determine the curvature of the surface and to control the level of tiling);
- plastic / metal corners;
- smooth spatula (used for preliminary alignment of the surface);
- comb spatula (it is applied to the fixing composition);
- rubber spatula with teeth (for applying grout tile joints);
- drill with a special nozzle (kneading fixing mixtures);
- plastic crosses (for smooth tiling);
- waterproofing material;
- guides and laser styling;
- tile adhesive and sand-cement mixture;
- mastic (applied to the primer);
- metal mesh (if the walls are wooden);
All material may be freely available in most supermarkets building.As for the use of some tools, for example, that:
- laser level in the simpler so it is not necessary to put additional beacons - direction of tile sets laser.The downside is that this technique not everyone is found and rented a laser level is problematic.
- Tile far more practical and accurate than the method of breaking off the tiles with nails and a hammer.The machine - a device as specific, acquire it, if you're not in the future be engaged in repair, it makes no sense, becauseother purposes in the home this equipment has not yet found.
- in wedges may also be useful if you are going before laying tile floor leveling floor screed and plastic crosses should be selected depending on the size of ceramic tiles - the diameter of the cross will determine the width of the joint.
In any case, if in doubt about their abilities or the end result, the master of tiling an average cost of $ 8-15 / m², depending on the method of laying tile, as well as the total amount of work.Professional "assistance", was timely, in the end may cost less than rework.
There are methods such tiling:
- styling seamless styling or "seam in seam";
Seamless styling done without crosses: tiles fit in as closely as possible.Size joints in this embodiment is minimal.This type is only possible when identical tiles: any curvature of a tile or a seam in this case, or the marriage is not sprinted sincesurface defect can no longer be hidden.
- tiling in Extension;
manner in Extension tile laid horizontally only.The principle of stacking is that the center of the next row of tiles must be positioned exactly over the seam - the junction of two tiles of the previous series.
- laying tiles diagonally.
Mostly, just put on a diagonal square tiles starting at the corners of the room in which is placed the first tile, divided into equal triangles.Triangle, driven to the wall, allows you to precisely lay tiles at an angle of 45 °.
also can be laid tiles in a checkerboard pattern, diamond, tile use a non-standard rectangular shape, to create interesting images using tiles of different sizes, laying tile with inserts - in a word, to do everything for someone that much.Consumption of tile in the figure, and any decorative method of laying will be much greater than for a seamless installation, because the material is to acquire a stock of (at least 1 package store: one way or another, it is useful - if not at the time of repair, to replace the damaged segmentDuring operation surface).
Much of the visual perception of space will depend not only on the selected pattern tile, but also on its size: large size tiles typical for road paving and cladding, as well as for laying on floors of public premises, in particular - cultural houses, philharmonics, theaters(a prime example - lined with marble tiles).Larger formats are used now and in the nightclubs, entertainment and sports centers (decorative cladding dimensional mirror or vinyl tile walls and ceiling areas, rubber tiles - in playgrounds and attractions, etc.).The same diagonal laying requires 15% more material due to fitting tiles tilt.
design tile (pictures)
Preparing for tiling
P Preparing walls and floor.Check out perpendicular to the surface of the walls and floor.To do this, use a plumb line or building level.The gap should be no more than 2 mm per meter of height, otherwise the tiles lie crookedly.To align the floor, you can use a cement-sand solution (fill in the waterproofing).
True, screed tiles can be laid not earlier than 45 days - this time, on the recommendation of experts, should be sufficient to complete the concrete pour.In concrete, after drying, a layer of primer (for cement mortar is also important to give the mastic to improve adhesion).When laying tiles on a concrete base, made the day before, the time allotted for freezing ties is particularly important, becausein beduyuschem it will save from the concrete surface zaprevaniya and transpiration.
surface of the walls and floor are also tested for strength and, if necessary, align or replace a new one (the same screed, plaster walls, etc.).With regard to the imposition of the new tiles on the old foundation must be very careful: any creaking, bending, cracking the old surface is already talking about what is best to get rid of it.
For tile laying on the paint is not recommended - the material is heavy (it's not a paper wall!), Because the old layer of acrylic paint can give slack.The same applies to the old masonry and tiles.Such a process takes you the extra 3-5 cm of floor space.In our time, the luxury itself, few can afford.For linoleum lay tile is also prohibited: Floor, "walk" on the floor does not provide the necessary stability for the tiles, so soon will necessarily crack at the seams, and the discrepancy tiles.
for other types of requirements of the standard surface: wall / ceiling / floor must be clean, dry, leveled and primed covered with mastic.Below, we will focus more on the training of certain types of surfaces for tiling.
Think up the layout of the tiles on the surface and carried payment necessary at this stage of the material.So, markup wall. Self tiling should be done without haste: do not rush to take up the spatula and glue: draw a diagram of tile in the room on the paper on a smaller scale, but keep the proportions of existing elements.Main error at the preparatory stage - the selected location as much as wrong tiles and tiles circumcision (for example, when a prominent place is not the whole tile, and its "stub"), as well as the wrong level measurements of curvature of the walls / floor.
IMPORTANT! An arrangement on the surface of the tiles with his hands better to make by placing the center of the whole working area of the tile, and it dorisovyvat and location of the remaining tiles - these rules are described even in the SNIP and GOST order of tiling.At the same time the visual center of the room does not always coincide with the center of the floor area of the room.Options for the location of the central tile can be different because, for example, the special furniture of the room or the position on the tile pattern.
technology tile: general rules
- tiles before installation Do not soak!
- Use the instructions given on the packaging manufacturer about how to cook the mixture, or the fixing solution to begin training grounds or materials and the finish, what materials to use.
Posted by in Materials