On the agenda today stucco: material consumption, the calculation of the required amount for the repair of plaster walls and other useful numbers.
Let's start with the basics.
- Types of plaster stucco
- calculation: general information
- first method
- second way
- Flow solution on the plaster walls
- cement plaster: mixture consumption
- consumption plaster 1 m²:data from the manufacturer
- Cost calculator
- plaster Plaster walls: dry mixture flow
- Decorative plaster: consumption
- cost plastering
In composition distinguished: dry - mineral (cement) plasters andReady-mix - acrylic, silicone and silicate plasters.
By appointment emit: lining - not the finishing and decorative coating.It is important to separate the flow
mixture and flow solution for repairs.The estimated consumption of ready mix per 1 m without exception, manufacturers indicate on the packaging of plaster.As for the flow of powder (what you originally purchased) have yet to calculate.
IMPORTANT! difference in numbers is significant, becausewhen you specify the consumption of ready mix per 1 m is taken into account not only the plaster, but the volume of water used for its preparation.
calculation plaster: Understanding
first method for counting the number of plaster required for the repair work, we'll need a few variables
- wall surface areas (m²);
- measurement of the curvature of the walls (mm otherwise - the thickness of the plaster layer);
- output ready mix (L / kg, cm. On the package).
importance of proper measurement of the first and second values is difficult to underestimate, some types of plasters is simply impossible to lay a thick layer (if the curvature of the walls or the required thickness of the plaster layer is greater than, for example, 30-40 mm), and if they use the thickness of 50-70mm, it is only with the reinforcing mesh or other reinforcing materials.
IMPORTANT! consumption final mixture on the package will be brought to a layer thickness of 1 mm!As is known, the use of thin-layer plasters can only achieve the desired result and level the surface with a layer only a few millimeters.Most plasters placed at least 5 mm and a maximum - 70 mm.In calculating bring consumption specified by the manufacturer, to the index corresponding to the thickness of the layer on your work site.
- plaster VOLMA-layer, laid in a layer of 1 mm will weigh about 8.9 kg (manufacturer recommends the use of this type of plaster to cover the surfaces of the thickness of 5 to 30 mm), but in a minimal layer will be about40 kg of weight per square meter;
- plaster on gypsum binder VOLMA-layer, laid on the thickness of 1 mm.It weighs about 10 kg / m², respectively - 50 kg / m² at a thickness of 5 mm.
These figures will help you not only determine the amount of roughly finished plaster needed to align walls and base preparation for wallpapering or painting, but also the approximate weight - an additional load on the supporting structures.And that's one figure that can not be let out of sight.Why is that?Some walls are simply unable to support the weight of the plaster, which is fraught with a minimum - the cracking of the coating, maximum - damage to the structure.
weight, as plaster flow also depends on its type and composition.
return to the calculations required for the repair of the walls of the dry mixture.
Consumption of dry mix the first method is calculated as follows:
C = (S * d) / V, where
- S - plastered surface area;
- d - the thickness of the plaster layer;
- V - output of ready-made solution (indicated on the label).
required amount of plaster is possible to calculate a different way.From the information specified on the packaging material, we know the consumption of ready mix, as well as the amount of water used to prepare the plaster.
To calculate how much you will need a dry mixture for plastering premises taken as an example (see. Below), compute:
- What use up ready for plastering mixtures of the space (X).To do this, we calculate the working area, then multiply it to the desired thickness of the layer of plaster and final solution flow rate (see. On the package).
- calculate the total amount of water used to prepare this solution: multiply x (the result obtained in 1) to the amount of water recommended by the manufacturer for solution (V).From
- amount spent plaster subtract the total amount of water used, and get the weight of the dry mixture.
IMPORTANT! only water acts equal 1 liter = 1 kg, because the action described in paragraph 3 is possible without additional overhead.
Flow solution on the plaster walls
try to calculate the flow rate for the mixture most commonly used types of dry plaster.For example, we will use the model room of 3 to 4 meters with a height of 2.65 m walls.
cement plaster: mixture consumption
One of the most popular materials for plaster walls - cement plaster (cement and sand, cement and lime).Consumption of cement in the plaster still defines three types of plasters: oily / normal / thin, as well as the classification of cement plaster by weight for light and heavy (density greater than 1 500 kg / m).Most use a cement-lime mortar, because of their weight, as well as the drying rate.Consumption of cement plaster on 1 m on average 1.2-1.6 kg.Cement plaster easier: its consumption is 0.9 kg / m².
INTERESTING: A special plaster for protection against radiation - barite plaster, whose consumption is 2.2 kg / m² for a layer of 1 mm (the content of water - 0.21 l / kg).The price of such plaster - from $ 19.7 / 25 kg.
plaster consumption per 1 m: data from the manufacturer
Prospectors Universal - 1.1 kg / m (in a bag of 30 kg, the price of $ 6.5 / Pack.);
Ceresit CT 24 (Cerezyme) - consumption of 1.2 kg / m (in a bag of 25 kg, the price is $ 7 / y.);
TEPLON Bark decorative, thermal - 1,52kg / m² (in a bag of 25 kg, the price of $ 15.9 / up.);
Hercules - 1.67 kg / m (in a bag of 25 kg, the price of $ 3.8 / Pack.).
comparison, HP Start KNAUF (Knauf, plaster) - 1.58 kg / m (in a bag of 25 kg, the price of $ 3.5 / Pack.).
comparison plaster Rotgips in 1 kg of finished mixture contains about 1.15 liters of water, and its flow rate is 1 kg / m at a cost of material from 7.65 $ / 30 kg.
Yield solution (V), if that is not listed on the label, calculated from these data.For example, the manufacturer indicated that the gauging of one package Ceresit CT 24 to 25 kg must be of the order of 5.5-6.0 liters.Therefore, the necessary amount of water for mixing 1 kg of the mixture is equal to 0.22 liters.
Thus, we get the output of the finished solution (V) for each of the above brand:
- Prospectors - 0.26 l / kg;
- Ceresit CT 24 - 0.22 l / kg;
- TEPLON Bark - 0.18 l / kg;
- Hercules - 0.6 l / kg of dry mix.
comparison, HP Start KNAUF - 0,6 l / kg.
Cost calculator plaster
Calculate the area of operations.
With two walls 3 and 4 meters and height of 2.65 meters of walls, we obtain a total area of 37.1 m² wall.Subtract the area of a standard window (120 to 140 cm, ie 1.68 m²) and the interior door (90 to 180 cm, ie 1.62 m²), we obtain 33.8 m² for plastering.We have
S - 33,8 m²;
d - 5 mm (recall that the layer thickness for each type of plaster can be different, depending on the work surface, as well as the characteristics of the material, because taking into consideration the average);
V - indicators mentioned above.
IMPORTANT!When carrying out computing all indicators must be translated into one of SI!
Plastered walls: dry mixture flow
During mathematical calculations, we have a flow of dry mixture on the layer of 5 mm:
- Prospectors - 137.6 kg of dry mixture, ie,4.6 bag of plaster;
- Ceresit CT 24 - 158.19 kg of dry mixture, ie,6.3 bag of plaster;
- TEPLON Bark - 210, 64 kg of dry mixture, ie,8.4 bag of plaster;
- Hercules - 112, 6 kg of dry mixture, ie,4.5 bag of plaster.
comparison, HP Start KNAUF - 106, 78 kg of dry mixture, ie,4.2 bag of plaster.
on the acquisition of the above materials will be spent:
- Prospectors - $ 29.9;
- Ceresit CT 24 - $ 44.1;
- TEPLON Bark - $ 133.56;
- Hercules - 17.1 $.
comparison, HP Start KNAUF - 14,7 $.
Decorative plaster: consumption
from ornamental plastering everything is much easier.The water content of the finished decorative plasters (acrylic, silicone, silicate) is an average of 250 ml per 25 kg and some species and does not require water contaminants.Because consumption per square meter specified on the product packaging, we can take into account when buying a plaster.
For example, structural plaster "bark beetle» FEIDAL Reibeputz worth $ 22.75 / 8 kg ($ 69.71 / 25 kg), the flow rate of the mixture is 2-4kg / m².The maximum of 5% of the volume of the mixture can be increased by adding a color.Consumption of this type of plaster for finishing in the above example of the room is approximately 8,45-17 packages of 8 kg or 67,6-135,4 kg, ie2,7-5,4 packing of 25 kg.Decorative plaster - it is expensive, but the result justified.For the finishing room types "bark" from FEIDAL Reibeputz only have to shell out for the materials from 192 $ to 386 $.
- in Moscow - from 160 rubles. / M² for plastering and leveling of 340-450 rub. / M for decorative (depending on the type and complexity of the invoice);
- in Kiev - from 40 UAH. / M² for leveling plaster and by 80-114 UAH. / M² for decorative (depending on the type and complexity of the invoice).