modern market ceiling coverings is a huge range of different products from low-cost and easy options to fine high-value products.Very popular in the budget line uses plastic ceiling panels.
- Benefits plastic ceiling
- Calculation material
- Definition of quality plastic panels from the ceiling
- mount plastic panels
- Design plastic panels
- ceiling of plastic panels: VIDEO
Benefits plastic ceiling
Popularity plastic ceiling due to its following advantages:
- price - the option ceiling coverings afford everyone and is one of the cheapest (cost per square meter plastic panels - $ 1.7);
- a wide range;
- to sheathe the ceiling of plastic panels, it does not require great physical strength and experience, as well as help construction crews;
- plastic - a durable material that can withstand considerable mechanical damage;
- moisture - an extremely important feature for the ceiling surface, allowing the use of plastic panels in rooms with high humidity (bathroom, swimming pool or in the kitchen);
- resistance to fading for a long time helps keep the color of the material;
- good sound insulation, help to cope with noisy neighbors or street noise from above;
- quality plastic is made of environmentally friendly materials, so it is safe and can be used even for headliner in the nursery;
- material resistance to high temperatures;
- such ceiling is easy to clean;
- material does not support combustion, and does not melt.
plastic panels for the ceiling are all sorts of colors and shades. There are also options with patterns and even whole pictures.
Headlining plastic panels consists of two main steps: the calculation and directly mounted.
Dimensions plastic panels are different: for sale can be found on the plastic panels length 2.7 (standard), up to 3 metersa width of 25 (standard) to 50 cm, while the thickness of the panel by 5 mm to 10 mm.
To calculate the required number of panels there is a proven method: the area of the ceiling (ceiling length multiplied by its width) divided by the area of one panel (see. On the product packaging), add 15 percent to the amount received for the stock on the segment, and round the result tointeger.
Metal profiles for mounting:
On paper, draw a diagram of proportion to the reduction of the ceiling.Along one wall are shown parallel lines.Considering the installation of the profiles at a distance of 60 cm from each other.The scheme will help to calculate the necessary amount of profiles for mounting the ceiling.
IMPORTANT! Buy UD profiles should be hard to secure the perimeter of the frame, and lighter - CD to perform cross-bars design.
Plugs are recorded at the rate of 1 plug half a meter mounting profile and screws - one for every half meter length of plastic panels.
Plastic ceiling moldings:
Measure the perimeter of the ceiling and divide the resulting number by three.The result is rounded to the highest nearest multiple of three.
Definition of quality plastic panels from the ceiling
Qualitative PVC panel can be identified by such characteristics:
- when pressed it is deformed only slightly, if such a panel under test is cracked, poor-quality products to you;
- plastic bending test - should be slightly bent panel in the same place about 3-5 times, remained intact if the plastic coating will last a long time.
Suspended ceilings made of plastic panels - a quick, inexpensive and flexible way to create a smooth and beautiful ceiling in any room.
Another advantage of plastic panels is that they can mount any type of lighting, whether it is a small spot light or a large chandelier.
mount plastic panels
With the level outlined the points of fastening of rigid profiles, reaching around the perimeter of the ceiling.They must be installed horizontally.
Profile firmly attached to the wall so that there remained gaps and clearances.With screws installed transverse profiles.That they will keep the ceiling panels.
profiles on the perimeter mounted «L» -shaped profile.
Installation of panels and final assembly of the ceiling:
Cut along the length of the ceiling panels.This is done very carefully using a hacksaw or scissors.
Next panel should hem as close to the corner to cross profiles with screws.Next in line panels are mounted in the grooves, which are located on the previous panel.Then each cell is attached to the frame.
very important point - the last panel mounting.Usually, it is cut to width and then gently inserted into the bar on the opposite wall.
On ceiling moldings applied liquid nails.Cloth, holding for a few seconds, plinth pressed against the ceiling.Excess adhesive is removed with a damp lint-free cloth.
plastic panels are very easy to install, because they are light and flexible.With their help, you can even create a two-tier suspended ceilings.Laying of the ceiling can be made independently in the presence of a small experience of installation works.In some cases (the complexity of the carcass structure) need the help of professionals.
On Top 5 popular today falls outside the houses facing plastic panels.This is certainly an option for 70 per cent cheaper than working with stone or tiles.It's one thing to close the plastic ceiling, and another - the facades of buildings.Think about the longevity of a skin before committing to purchase.
Design plastic panels
As we have said, the choice of colors, textures and sometimes quite wide plastic panels.Plastic is versatile and easy to use, so it helps to create a variety of interior composition.
There are plain plastic panels of different colors, the panels with patterns deposited on each panel individually, and the whole ceiling (sectional assembly drawing).You can also buy a plastic surface with an imitation stone, wood and sand.
Recently, the market demand is a novelty - mirrored ceilings of plastic panels.This plastic is created using a special technology and, of course, more expensive than usual (the cost of the panel - $ 3.5).Thanks to a mirrored ceiling you can visually increase the height of the room.
ceiling of plastic panels: VIDEO