- Stained glass with their hands - where to start?
- manufacturing techniques of stained glass
- Making stained glass Tiffany
- Stained Glass with their own hands, master class:
- How to make a film stained
- How do stained glass filler
- Stained Glass with their own hands, videos:
Stained Glass - a special decorenriching and expensive interior, making it original and sublime.However, expensive interior does not just highly stained glass products, but also their considerable cost.And it is justified, because the stained glass window - a painstaking creative work, art, and skill in such a case is highly valued.In this case, a reasonable question arises whether to master this craft yourself and how to make stained hands.
Stained glass with their hands - where to start?
Stained glass with your hands, of course, begin with a great desire, and if you get to the point -with sketch design.If we talk about the classical techniques and their imita
- full size stained glass on paper and cardboard;
- with clearly traced the contours of parts, split image into separate pieces;
- cardboard indicating the color and material of each fragment;
- for typesetting stained glass - possibly indicating the direction of glass fibers and numbered pieces.
In theory it may sound complicated, but in practice it is easier: the appearance of the full scheme of stained glass is like a coloring for children, parts of which are painted figures, arrows or other appropriate designation, which facilitates the assembly of stained glass.Depending on the complexity of the design and techniques of stained glass, they will need more or less.
Council. To save time and effort to develop and sketch stencil, you can download and print the finished pattern to stained glass.For transferring the pattern onto the glass need disappearing marker.
manufacturing techniques of stained glass
Manufacturing technology chosen, including on the basis of what will be stained object: Do you plan to stained glass in the window or on the door, on a mirror orvase, and maybe it will be a lamp or stained glass paintings.In each case will have its own particular manufacturing and installation, making certain technology a priority.
for the production of stained glass windows in the home are best suited following three techniques:
- inlaid Tiffany stained glass;
- contour filler stained.
They do not require specific expensive equipment, such as, for example, a furnace for fusing, or the presence of the equipped workshop in connection with the operation of chemicals, abrasives and noxious fumes, such as glass matting or execution of stained glass in the classic lead-soldertechnology.
Subject Tiffany essentially combines all three ways, as a film, and stained glass filler - a way to simulate the classical techniques.
Making stained glass Tiffany
In short: a sketch of the finished cut pieces of cardboard patterns, they are enclosed in glass, cut glass cutter parts, polished, eachelement wrapped around the perimeter of the copper foliey, all parts are laid out in a single drawing, the position of the boundary elements fixed studs, foil at the joints treated with flux, solder tin solder is made from one and then the other side of the product, the stained glass is inserted into the frame of metal profiles and solderedTo her.
At every stage of the creation of stained glass should take into account a lot of nuances:
- in detail below are not desirable with some sharp corners (glazes in the form of N) or tricky S-curve: best soft curves curves;
- not be cheaper flat glass for stained glass and glass-battle;cut glass should be done diamond glass, pre-work-out on a regular glass;for curved shapes necessary to perform auxiliary cuts at a tangent;
- manufacture of parts and putting them in the drawing is performed at the same time: every detail starting with the top corner cut out, sanded, applied to the figure, wrapped foil is applied again to the drawing, and after verification is attached to an appropriate place;assembly of stained glass is more convenient to carry on the illuminated surface of the bottom;
- soldering required 100-watt soldering iron with nickel-plated tip and a low melting tin solder without rosin;the glass is not cracked, do not solder at a time is too large areas need to be given cool stained glass, etc.
Stained Glass with their own hands, master class:
How to make a film stained
Manufacturing stained-glass window film - employment easier than assembling stained glassTiffany.
- Glass is cleaned;on the design, planted under it, the lead tape laid contour.The ends of each line should overlap the next segment of the tape.When all the circuits are covered with the tape rolled roller;
- Glass flips wiped; the contours formed by the lead tape, cut out elements of a film glued on the reverse side, and also rolled a separate roll for the film;
- joints films pasted lead tape, follow the contours of the ribbon on the first side, and rolled roller;ready rubbed stained detergent.
To decorate false stained glass windows, you can use these glass parts, put on a special adhesive.
How do stained glass filler
stained glass filler to the polymer necessary circuit and stained glass acrylic varnish or special paint.
- is drawn or printed sketch, which is enclosed by a transparent glass or transferred disappearing marker on the basis of a matte or mirror;
- glass surface is cleaned and degreased;
- By drawing applied polymer circuit forms a closed area;
- After drying circuit each item carefully poured the liquid paint.
Apply a drop of ink takes about circuit without touching it.The paint can not spread, it should naturally spread to the result was a beautiful play of light stained.
Stained Glass with their own hands, videos: