Shed roofs have long been popular in this country thanks to two advantages: low cost and fast installation.
- What is the pent roof?
- Pent roof of corrugated
- How to Shed roofs
- pent roof truss system
- Gazebo with pent roof
- House with pent roof
The picture presentedpiece of modern country cottage, but a roof with a single slope do not just homes, but also for garages, baths, arbors and various outbuildings.
This type of structure is the easiest to implement, economical in consumption of materials and does not require heavy equipment for construction.
What is the pent roof?
shown diagram clearly shows - what is in the roof of the garage.Roof installation can be trusted to professional builders and do it yourself.The first thing to be determined with the roofing material.
- Roofing felt or soft tile allow the use of the smallest angle of inclination of 5 to 10 degrees.
- sheeting or slate require from 20 to 30 degrees inclination.
- metal roof slope is required not less than 35 degrees.
Important!Just degree of inclination depends on the climatic conditions of the region in which the structure is being built.In areas with a harsh climate and snowy winters practical to increase the slope to the snow slid off the roof, and if the design is set in places with frequent gusty winds, it is better to reduce the angle of inclination.
In the photo is clearly seen as the snow slides off the roof and the bottom is formed a large snowdrift.Of course, the roof needs to be done with a slope in the direction opposite from the front and then you do not have the whole winter to run around the house with a shovel.
More Shed roofs are divided into:
- not ventilated.
second option is usually used in the construction of terraces.Slope provides a small 3-6 degrees.Use the terrace is possible as a relaxation area, conservatory or greenhouse.
Important! ventilated roof is made with a bias in the range of 8-25 degrees.Air circulation is provided by the gap and the insulation layer, as well as the special holes on the sides of the roof.
Pent roof of corrugated
coating of corrugated board is the most popular because of low cost and high quality material.Calculation of pent roof of corrugated board starts with drawing up a schematic drawing of the structure of the future.Then choose the best angle and determined the material.
Usually pent roof used:
- metal roofing;
- metal profile;
- roofing material.
choice of material depends on its ability to withstand the atmospheric precipitation, snow and time removing water from the surface. obvious that Decking, slate or tile snow and water does not linger, and the same will be the roof, the smaller the angle of inclination is necessary for normal functioning of the structure .Any expert will recommend to do the slope of the roof of corrugated board at least 14 degrees.It can be less, but then all the seams need to be sealed.
there are accepted rules of corrugated board installation:
- if the angle of inclination of 14 degrees, the decking is placed on top of each other with overlapping sheets of at least 20 centimeters;
- if the angle of 15 to 30 degrees, the overlap should be between 15 and 20 centimeters;
- if the inclination of 30 degrees, do overlap from 10 to 15 centimeters.
To properly calculate the height difference for pent roof enough to remember school mathematics:
- h - right Elevation walls;
- α - angle of slope;
- b - the width of the structure.
That height difference is calculated from h = b * tg ( α) .
Important! It must be remembered that the lower side of the building should be located by the frequent and strong winds.If we neglect this rule, the stability and reliability of the roof to fall several times.
We sheeting is one negative characteristic - it is cold, so when building a house is necessary to provide insulation.If you build a garage or building for household needs, the roof can not insulate.
How to Shed roofs
We figured out how to calculate the angle of the roof.Next we will focus on how to make a shed roof.Primarily, it is necessary to prepare all materials and tools.
You will need:
- wooden beams with diameters from 100 to 150 cm;
- boards laying on top of the horizontal bars;
- nails or other fasteners (depending on the material);
- thermal, hydro and steam;
- mountings for the lumber and boards.
Required tools exist in every home is:
- a sharp knife;
- construction stapler.
In the above photo slope made a small, but such an easy construction it is enough to snow or rain from accumulating and destroying the structure.
Important! Always make sure that all the walls are vertical and smooth otherwise lead the entire structure, and it will take a lot more building materials on the alignment.After you have laid the rafters carefully moving them will not work, and will have to completely change the roof.
pent roof truss system
roof system depends on the size of the construction and material of which met the wall.If you are planning to build a brick gazebo or bath, the rafters set on the boards, which are mauerlat.
mauerlat - a bar, mounted on two walls, which is the backbone of the whole system.
If the flight does not exceed 4.5 meters, the installation of truss system is very simple.It should consist of mauerlat and support for the rafters.If the size of the passage of more than 6 meters, it is necessary to add a special podstropilnuyu leg, which will give more reliable load-bearing capacity of the roof.
rafters set strictly on technology, disturbances which may occur within a few years and will have to repair the roof.
If you decide to make a pent roof on their own, do not forget about such an important issue as the safety advice.Work carried out at the height and incline.Usually on the board and secure the rafters move them.
between the rafters are joined using staples or nails construction, of appropriate size.Pent roof of any size consists of several layers, which are called "cake."
work is performed in the following order:
- stacked cross rafters at a distance of 70 to 80 centimeters (they nailed to mauerlat large nails or anchors);
- then attached to the rafters crate at right angles (lath made from strips 50x50 mm), a crate needed for stiffening the entire structure and fastening it slates or other roof;
- on the crate from the bottom up with tight fit gidrobarer overlap, which prevents water from entering inside (the most popular waterproofing - plastic film, as is cheap, and in the absence of mechanical damage is quite durable (the film is attached to the crate construction stapler);
- then necessary to laya layer of insulation (it can be for insulating plates, blocks of glass fiber or glass wool and basalt mats);
- then laid roofing material (if it slate, nailed his slate nails and other materials have their fastenings).
As we see- nothing complicated about building a pent roof there.
Gazebo with pent roof
Pavilions have long been a favorite recreation area in the country. If you're just thinking, how to build the structure, then decide to startwith the degree of its closure.
- ins pergola partially prevent rainfall from entering inside, but there are no obstacles to the free circulation of fresh air.
- outdoor gazebo are light or temporary demountable structure.
- Fully enclosed gazebo in which to rest comfortably all year round.
House with a shed roof
Such projects houses originally appeared in America, followed by Europe and then became popular in our country.The height of the ramp depends on the region in which the structure is being built.The cold and snowy winter, the higher the elevation angle of the roof to rainfall, "slipped" from the roof and did not spoil it.
The following sample picture of a modern home for regions with cold winters.
Pictured building with a roof that has a slope angle of 45 degrees, which provides a smooth run-off rain and snow slide. worth noting that the frontage always do high and low side of the back to the puddle and drifts do not interfere and does not accumulate in front. planning the construction of the modern facility, please note that the higher the roof, the more leaves the material.For regions with mild winters with little snow, you can build a house, like in the following picture.
agree that building an Italian-style roofs with a slope of 5 degrees looks very impressive.
Houses with pent roof - is a budget option, and the original function of the building.