probably will not find a single person completely happy with the dimensions of their homes.No matter how much space may be, it somehow always missing.Little free space will help install sliding doors, which also look very attractive and modern, giving the room a certain zest.Such doors can be tailored to any style.If they are ideally matched, they can become a chic addition to the interior.
Before proceeding to setting the slider, you must weigh the pros and cons.Like the rest of the design, sliding doors are not perfect.They have their advantages and disadvantages, because of which their installation in some circumstances be impractical.
- Advantages and disadvantages of sliding doors
- Types of sliding doors
- Tips and tricks
- What you need to prepare for the installation of interior doors, sliders
- How to install a sliding door coupe
Advantages and disadvantages of sliding doors
begin with advantages:
- when properly install
- they are a wonderful way to disguise the room, they can perfectly fit into the interior;
- they will not get damaged from a blow on the cheek at a draft;
- most importantly, they are almost no space when opened.Such doors can call in for a wardrobe, sofa or other furniture or decorative elements, however, this home decoration must be at a certain distance from the wall.
Like all good sliding doors, but as usual, it's not without a few spoonfuls of tar:
- the biggest drawback of the door slider - the inability to tight junction, which is why they are practically not become an obstacle on the waysmells, sounds and light.The mechanism of movement simply does not allow the canvas to pull over to the doorway.That is why they are not used as input or balcony doors;
- on the wall, which hides and which runs into the door leaf, you can not hang pictures or mount them switches, sockets and other electrical components;
- if you select a hidden design, you have to periodically clean the niche that is very difficult to do.To facilitate this process a little bit, it can be one of the walls to make removable, for example plasterboard.
So, you are not afraid of cons and the decision to change the interior doors are made.Where to begin?First, you must determine the type of sliding design.
Types of sliding doors
All sliding doors can be divided into two main groups:
Each of these different types of technology, assembly, accessories and has its own design features.
Sliding doors may have one, two or even more leaflets.Typically, the number does not exceed four wings, and the entire length of the opening is divided equally between them.The most common subspecies of parallel structures are sliding door coupe, which are single-winged or double slider, the operating principle is similar to the compartment door passenger cars.They are easy to install and higher in contrast to the other options, sound insulating properties.
Assembly single-sliders will not cause any problems even to the person, it is not familiar with the construction works, but mnogostvorchatye design are complex.That is why in this article are calculated more on non-experts, we consider the simple process of installing single-door coupe.
Another option - the doors, cupboards.They flap when opening go into a special niche, arranged in the wall.In case the ceiling is not possible to arrange the hollow portion, the web can be masked by gypsum partition hiding mechanism.
Sliding-folding design consists of several sections, usually four to seven, emerging with each other like knizhki- "bunching."These doors are suitable for zoning areas, and are indispensable for narrow corridors.
Speaking of sliders, you can not forget about the so-called roto-door, which can both be opened in any direction and move in any direction.Fold a door can be rotated 360 ° around its axis, it is neither right nor left.Because of this it is convenient to place in the narrow confined spaces.
Tips and tricks
If selected to install a hidden design, it is necessary to make sure that the wall where you plan to make a "pocket" to enter the leaf, no chimneys, vents hidden wiring and plumbing and heating pipes.Generally, in the finished wall niche perform very problematic, so if you can not do it in the course of construction or major repairs, it is best to use a masking panel of plasterboard, superimposed on the wall.
Buying door leaf, make sure you take into account that in the closed position, and it must cover the portion of the door opening, at least for 50-70 mm, otherwise the gap will simply evident.Moreover, if it is attached only at the upper guide rail, its weight should not exceed 50 kg.You must also see to it that the door was where to leave, that is, the length of the wall on which it was found to be longer than the movable sash.
Be sure to check the parallelism of the ceiling and floor.A tolerance of 1 mm to 100 cm. Large misalignment can lead to misalignment of the whole structure and its jamming during operation.
If the door will be installed in wood or drywall openings, they should strengthen the metal frame, the frame of the channel, angle, or to attach to metal beam guide.This beam must necessarily be attached to the bearing walls with anchor bolts.
handles and locks for sliding doors concealed type selected, otherwise they will interfere with the full opening of the valve.
What you need to prepare for the installation of interior doors, sliders to
at work without being distracted by little things like search for a suitable hardware stores or missing bar right size, should be fully prepared in advance.You will need:
1. Of course, the very door leaf.
2. wooden bar, the length of which should be at least double the width of the leaf, and the width and height equal to 50 mm.
3. A set of accessories for sliding doors.Usually it consists of rollers, the upper and lower rails, travel stops, carriage, decorating plate for masking rollers and rail, the two transoms, two casing, handles and locks.At each flap must purchase two rollers, and if the weight of the door leaf than 75 kg, even four.
4. Anchor bolts.
6. Decorative nails for fastening the casings.
How to install a sliding door coupe
So, installation of interior doors.We divide the process into several stages:
1. First you need to measure the upper limit of the door leaf, put it to the wall adjacent to the opening.This is done in a closed and an open position, in order to prevent a possible unevenness in the floor.From this line must still measure up to 70 mm, and even at this level, a horizontal line.It is here that we have the basic mechanism.
2. It marked line attach a wooden block so that its center is directly over the top corner of the opening from the open door.It must be done as much as possible tight, without leaving the slightest gap, even if you have to bend to abut beams.
3. Getting to the top of the guide rail mounting.Location its extremely opening is calculated as follows: the thickness of the door leaf is divided exactly in half and added to this value of 5 mm.Now the guide is attached with screws on both sides without any bends found earlier this distance is measured from the hole of the protruding point of the wall.After that, you must ensure the free passage of the door leaf on the rail.She should not touch any wall or doorway.
4. Collected carriage inserted into the upper rail.You do not need to apply any lubricants inside the guide to facilitate their travel.If the motion of the carriages is difficult, then either at their assembly or during installation guide were made some mistakes, such as the rail is laid not directly, but with a slight curvature.Once achieved the ease of travel, set the guides to the edges of the guide.
5. Go to the bottom of the groove.In order to make it, on both sides of the bottom end flap at a distance of 15 mm from the edge of the drill hole was drilled to a depth of 6.5 to 20 mm.Now select the entire web width groove width should be a couple of millimeters larger than the width of the guide blade, and the depth is 18 mm.Alternatively, the attachment of the two strips or plastic profile doors below, with the distance between them is slightly larger than the width of the pitch.
6. door hung on the guide.First, at the upper end strictly in the middle of its width attach the brackets so that they could not be seen after installation.Extreme carriage rolled up to the first bracket and connect them by hanging cut-out on the adjusting screw so that the nut and washer from the top bracket appeared.Tightens the mount.
7. Slightly turning down the bottom of the door, insert the box into the bottom guide groove.
8. Install trim.
main stages of installation of hidden sliding interior doors will demonstrate video below.
As you can see, the technology installation of interior sliding door was not extremely difficult, and with a strong desire that the work can be done independently.If you want some extravagant, original design, it is better to turn to professionals who know the intricacies of the process.