Over the past 10 years, be more popular than linoleum flooring or parquet laying becomes laying laminate.His hands laminate can be laid as good professional if you carefully follow the instructions below and some important tips from the manufacturer.Next you will learn how to put the laminate.
- Installing laminate with his own hands: the advantages and disadvantages
- Master class: how to lay laminate own
- Installing laminate: complicated cases
- $ cost laminate and laying
- VIDEO: Laying laminatewith their hands
Installation laminate own hands: the advantages and disadvantages
in laying laminate flooring with your own hands have several advantages:
- first, laminate - covering universal and can be installed on almost any surface;
- secondly, laminated panel undemanding and require little maintenance;
- third, the price of the material is much lower than, say, wood flooring, laminated and after the installation of the coating looks no worse than polished to a high gloss parquet.
Besides, services, or master of the repair turn-key will not have to pay (about $ 5-7 / m).
As for cons, the problems may occur with prolonged contact with water, an inexpensive laminate (some kinds of panels have not only the upper protective and water-repellent coating - laminate - impregnation but also applied to the elements and locking system that prevents wicking and water absorption unprotected endside of the material).
Some types of laminate flooring also may not be as strong as you would like, and test women heels or heavy furniture, they miserably fail - on the surface may appear abrasions, sagging seats.However, this does not happen, if the purchase of the laminate is not to save, and choose the product brands, which is the relevant product quality certificates.
IMPORTANT! In areas that require constant wet cleaning manufacturers offer laminated stack with sealant at the seams.
Master class: how to lay laminate own
You will need:
- miter saw (jigsaw);
- hammer with a rubber-tipped;
- masking tape;
- under the laminate substrate.
on a flat, dry and free from dust laid the foundation substrate.In this example, we used a cork substrate, asThis material is resistant, environmentally friendly, does not shrink, has the properties of noise reduction and smoothing slight curvature of the floor.If there is no possibility of using a cork substrate because of its relatively high price ($ 12 / m at a sheet thickness of 3 mm PE foam worth at least 4 times cheaper) recommend to use a polystyrene substrate: it is, in contrast to PE foam, givesshrinkage and abrasions.
IMPORTANT! cork backing sheets are placed end to end only!
Adjoining sheets are fixed between the cork masking tape.
IMPORTANT! Before installing the laminate flooring should lie down in a room of at least 2 days!
start laying the laminate must be from the far corner of the room, and put the panel in the direction of incidence of natural light (so you will not see the seams between the panels).The first row of boards necessary to file by removing the locking bracket to the wall adjacent to the side panels.
boards joined ends, adhering to the wall does not close - between the panels and the walls of the room must be maintained at a gap of 8-10 mm (this "termoshov" necessary for the natural expansion / contraction of the laminate when the temperature / air humidity level in the room).Further alignment of the series will be leveled in the first row, so it should be possible to lay flat.
IMPORTANT! To maintain the same width of the gap around the perimeter of the room between the walls and adjacent panels give special wedges.
number of the last board is cut across the width of the desired length, and the second series starts with the cutting board, if its length is at least 25-30 cm (this way of stacking Extension - so the joints between the panels will be less visible, it is possible to stack panelsand in parallel).
second and all subsequent rows are going to mount similar in principle: the new panel factory in the castle had laid the laminate at an angle and catches (locking system from different manufacturers can vary).
IMPORTANT! believed that laminate with beveled - V-shaped fastening more reliable and longer retains the seam invisible.
Each subsequent row upon completion of installation you need to knock hammer on end in order to better panel closed.
when laying the last row may not have the width of the floor to the wall.There are two options:
- first involves sawing the last row of panels having a width of the floor;
- second - miscalculation of the amount of the series of the laminate panels before installation and adjustment of the position of the first row with respect to the back wall (this case is effective, if the width of the last row is narrower than the width of the finished panel is more than twice).
After laying the last row around the perimeter of the room clean wedges.Installation is over!
Installation of laminate: complicated cases
- laminate is laid at the door, sawed off the door frame on the total height of the plate and laminate substrates.As a result, the door frame should not settle on the panel: laminate should be free to go under it.
- In order to make the laminate under the radiator, in the panel cut locking system on both sides. This part of the series mounted only after the installation of the next series : under the radiator panel is attached to the adjacent row on the butt glue.
- have laminate tubes are fixed, drank in the panels hole larger in diameter than the pipes of 8 mm.The panel is then sawn in half at the center of the circles to make part of the laminate of the tube and eventually dock the panel again put them on the glue.
As for the installation of a wide laminate art coating or laminate of different colors, the principle remains the same installation.The only difference - the need to respect the ornament.
IMPORTANT! When choosing a laminate of two colors or a monochromatic coating and coating with a pattern for the combined installation, choose from the catalog to be one and the same producer and desirable materials from the same price category.
This will avoid many of the difficulties in the operation: for example, the sinking of one of the types of panels, fading one kind of used panels before the second, and so on. D.
$ cost laminate and laying
As for the producers, the reviewsbuyers and popular products on the market have made us leaders in the industry:
- Egger (Germany), the cost of laminate - from $ 9.5 / m;
- Balterio (Belgium), the cost of the laminate from $ 17 / m;
- Quick Step (Belgium), the cost of 21 $ / m² (pictured below);
- Tarkett (Germany), the cost of 18 $ / m².
cost of laying laminate:
Kiev - from 35-40 USD. / M²;
Moscow - from 195-210 rub. / M.
VIDEO: Laying laminate with their hands