We repair the ceiling in the kitchen.Plasterboard, with sufficient ceiling height, it is possible to build not just a leveling surface and design complements your home decor, and I serving as its main focus.
- It is important to know before starting work with plasterboard
- plasterboard ceilings in the kitchen with his hands: how to make the most
- plasterboard ceilings in the kitchen (PHOTOS)
- Other drywall construction in the kitchen (PHOTOS)
- How to hang drywall on the kitchen
- $ cost of drywall work
It is important to know before starting work with plasterboard
- sheets of drywall before installation must acclimatise for a few daysAfter buying the material, place it in the operating room on a day or two.It is important not to put plasterboard on edge, and to lay the sheets flat.In any other position during prolonged storage there is a possibility of deformation of the material.
- Another retention rule: sheets of drywall should be stackedon top of each other.
- To work with the kitchen is better to choose water-resistant gypsum board - marking gypsum plasterboard.The need to use waterproof material due to frequent vaporization in the kitchen, as well as the ongoing work with water (daily washing dishes).
- Because gypsum plasterboard in the kitchen, in addition to the ceiling system (single-level and multilevel ceilings) may also be constructed and other structures: the arch of the popular drywall in the kitchen niche, functional box for large household appliances (mainly - refrigerators), as well as boxes forstorage of food stocks (for example, conservation).
plasterboard ceilings in the kitchen with his hands: how to make the most
process drywall ceiling can be divided into three stages:
Preparatory: the calculation of materials marking the zero level, preparation of materialsthe installation.
mount metal frame.
Fixing gypsum plasterboard and gypsum plasterboard putty joints treatment.
When it comes to installing a multi-level structure with lighting, before installing drywall sheets on the skeleton to put on the luminaire wiring (in a ripple or a cable channel), as well as after the installation of gypsum plasterboard on the frame at fixing lighting crown correct diameter drill holes.
In the small kitchen multi-level ceiling can be inappropriately : some designs take from 15 to 30 cm in height - whether such a whopper on a small area?
For plasterboard used:
- construction knife.
- drywall (for finishing dishes used drywall thickness of 9.5 and 12.5 mm);
- metal profile;
- connectors profiles;
- dowel-nails (anchor wedges).
For those who are going to work with plasterboard for the first time, be sure to consider options for the standard plasterboard ceilings.
In previous articles we wrote about the different types of ceiling plasterboard structures, their components, mounting a metal frame and plasterboard sheets.Without this detailed crib you may be difficult to understand the principle and method of work.
plasterboard ceilings in the kitchen (PHOTOS)
Other drywall construction in the kitchen (PHOTOS)
When wall plasterboard work in the kitchen is often a question of reliability of fastening of a heavy kitchen furniture to walls sheathed gypsum plasterboard.
How to hang drywall on the kitchen
Drywall Walls in the kitchen at first may not inspire confidence: there is a strong base for hanging household appliances and furniture set?
If fasteners perform technically correct, the difference between what you mount the cabinet on a wall or plasterboard should not be.
method first. Any attachments that can be mounted on drywall, fixing them with special anchors and fasteners such as "Butterfly."Dowel must be screwed into the cavity of the sheet of drywall, whereafter the screw is screwed.
to install fasteners such as "Butterfly" by marking a sheet of drywall to cut a hole into which the later will be installed fasteners.When screwing the screws, fixing the antennae to the sides, tightly compressing the surface of the fixing gypsum plasterboard.Allowable weight design for one such fixture is 5 kg.
second method. Another option mounting - mounting on special rails.Furniture mounting is performed after fixing the mounting rails to a wall (rake fixed on the sheet of plasterboard and on the supporting metal frame at several points simultaneously for greater structural stability).Maximum weight to hang designs can be up to 15 kg.
When it comes to fixing household appliances, or more weighty items - kitchen, hanging should be extended to the anchor bolts.Such a process can only be provided a solid foundation for gypsum wall lining: for example, a brick wall.
Also, there are a number of methods, unloading wall sheathed with plasterboard.
Sometimes attachments for additional fixation attached to the ceiling surface with decorative ropes.
The same principle is established by the weight of the main elements can be distributed on the metal floor stand and attached to the wall just to give an element of stability.
$ cost of drywall work
- in Moscow, ceiling work - from 280 rubles. / M², wall works - by 190 rubles. / M², the device partition - 300 rbl. / M.
- in Kiev: ceiling work - from 65 UAH. / M², wall works - from 45 UAH. / M², the device partition - from 80 UAH. / M².