liquid wallpaper have been invented in Japan for more than three centuries ago, the market leader in technology in this field is France, and enjoy the achievements of this invention, people around the world.There are variations of this plaster, you can use your hands, and there are technologies that require special training, given the complexity of the performance, and cost of consumables.
- Liquid wallpaper - the pros and cons
- Pros Cons
- Liquid wallpaper: plaster or wallpaper?
- Liquid wallpaper: photo, price, brands
Liquid wallpaper - the pros and cons
reviews that can be found in the vast expanses of the Internet, for the most part positive, as theand emotions caused by the coziness and comfort of liquid wallpaper.If you compare the advantages and disadvantages of the use of liquid wallpaper, the pros will still be more.
- made from environmentally friendly materials, so the question "whether the harmful liquid wallpaper" more rhetorical;
- widest range of colors - you can use color schemes to obtain the desired color shade, etc .;
- wallpaper can be used to apply to almost all known materials, the properties of liquid wallpaper allow to put them on the walls and ceilings, but we need to ensure good adhesion to the coated surface and make it neutral;
- possible coverage of complex surfaces;
- provide seamless coverage for all areas;
- may have increased resistance to moisture;
- easily removed, restored, repaired - almost all liquid wallpaper washable;
- increased flexibility - can maintain its integrity even for small violations of the integrity of the substrate;
- certain types of liquid wallpaper can be applied in the automatic mode (gun);
- dry liquid wallpaper have practically shelf life when properly stored;
- are a good sound and heat-insulating material.
- lifespan typically up to 8 years;
- needed in manual or automatic mode to maintain the requirements for thickness - up to 2 mm have a smooth wallpaper to 5 mm - three-dimensional;
- drying period - of 18 hours.
Liquid wallpaper, positive to negative reviews remain about the same ratio as the "pros" and "cons", as set out above, do have a large assortment;with the description of the characteristics, methods of application, properties and others. instructions are almost the same for all producers.The last factor favors the prevalence of this type of coverage.
Liquid wallpaper: plaster or wallpaper?
Liquid wallpaper, their style is difficult to define as they dry, and therefore sometimes called ornamental plastering that they primarily cover, and then the decor.At that time, as have the characteristics of conventional wallpaper where there is a decorative component.Actually, the use of either of these two kinds of wallpaper and determines the majority of cases the choice.However, we must add here that conventional wallpaper can be applied only by hand.
The fact look like liquid wallpaper, says that from the mixture can do anything you want and the possibilities are almost endless as a coating.
Instructions for use of liquid wallpaper, virtually all, it recommends adding water to give the mixture time to be fed and swell (here the time interval can be different - from a quarter of an hour to several hours). Another important feature of liquid wallpaper wallpaper is a multiplicity of preparation - it is always one package. All components fit into one package in view of the required concentration, so a split package is unacceptable.
Another technologically possible drawback is the mandatory use of primers, without which it can spot and changes in the structure of the coating.
coats are recommended for surfaces that have non-uniform water-absorbing ability, for example, the gap between the gypsum boards are sealed with plaster.Gypsum and sheets thereof differently absorb water, and this is manifested in different ways on the surface of the liquid wallpaper.
As mentioned above, liquid wallpaper, consumption of which should be strictly metered, calculated on a specific area - in most cases indicated consumption per 1 sq m, or how many square meters is designed one package.
In practice, it is necessary to calculate how many packages need to coat a wall or an entire room - the walls and possibly ceiling.The fact that, depending on how to calculate - the walls separately or all at once room - it depends no seams and a difference in texture coatings.In general, the rule is that the coating must always miss out on one surface entirely, or else to achieve a seamless uniform surface is impossible.
Liquid wallpaper, unlike all the others, and you can still defend.For these purposes, you can use the spray liquid wallpaper, which is applied to the already dried wallpaper.In addition, the varnish can be chosen in such a way that it repels water.And although many allow the use of liquid wall is dry (eg vacuum cleaner), cleaning and wet (with detergent), additional protection will not damage the wallpaper.
short video presentation of the ordinary company selling liquid wallpaper, and gluing.
Liquid wallpaper: photo, price, brands
opportunity to buy liquid wallpaper is now currently a great many, and any purse.
question, where to buy, belongs to the category of convenience - online shop or an ordinary building materials supermarket - in almost all places offered price from the manufacturer.In part, this situation is because there are a number of brands - COTEX, BIOPLAST, SILCOAT, SILK PLASTER, BAYRAMIX, LIMIL, and partly because the information, as well as the materials themselves, their value, becoming every day more and more accessible.
Recommended reading: Liquid wallpaper: manufacturers and suppliers
Moreover, the price list may contain virtually the same prices when buying wholesale and retail with very little spread for the same brand.
regards to what the cost of the work, we can say that the situation is even more monotonous - prices are almost independent of the cost of the materials themselves.This is a result of high competition in the market on the one hand, and on the other - the application of liquid wallpaper (cover price in this case is reduced at times) you can do yourself.To get a clear idea how many are themselves liquid wallpaper and services in their application, you can compare prices (1 sq m) in Kyiv and Moscow (and rubles hryvnia, respectively):
- Kiev Wallpaper - 15,sticky - 20;
- Moscow: Wallpaper - 30, sticky - from 100.