Today, many homeowners in apartment buildings are thinking about how to protect their territory from intruders.In this case, they are assisted by a particularly reliable door locks with an ingenious design, as well as the creation of vestibules 2-3 neighboring apartments.Revolving doors are an additional obstacle to the criminals, but it is not the only function they perform.As lobbies have practical value, because they are comfortable leaving a child's bike, stroller, shoe racks, thereby freeing up space in the hallway of the apartment.
- Types revolving doors
- advantages and disadvantages of having revolving doors
- How to make a choice of tambour iron doors
- Steps for installing revolving doors
Types revolving doors
wooden revolving door is almost never used becauseSteel is much reliable and durable.By type of construction, they are divided into:
- door having two open flaps, one of which, called the work, has a lock, latch and handle.The other simply fixed by two bolts top and bottom.Working leaf width is usually 90 cm, the remaining distance to the wall takes a working shutter.This design is best suited for small openings height, but broad.
- door having one openable flap and one or two side walls.The sides are welded to the door frame and, in fact, are fixed wings.Door leaf width is 90 cm, and the rest of the free space between the wall and hold the sidewall.Such doors are also used for wide and low at the same openings.
- door having a transom, which is either welded to the frame or removable.The height of such doors is 205 cm, and the rest of the distance from it to the ceiling fills the transom.Such doors are installed in the openings of small width, but the highest.
- door having two movable sash and transom.As in the first case, on the right are working sash lock, handle and latch.The left valve is fixed to the frame at the top and bottom valves.Sometimes the dummy movable flap may be replaced by one or a pair of fixed sidewalls welded.At the height of the door does not exceed 205 cm, left-to-ceiling space takes transom.Working on the door leaf width is 90 cm space to the wall it takes a non-working or sidewall.This door model is used when the opening is also wide and high.
steel revolving doors are deaf and lattice:
- lattice are good that you came out of the apartment to see the one who came and even talk to him, without opening the door.On the other hand, a leading criminal intelligence activities, could see how much at your door locks and even figure out how they work;
- panel doors made of solid metal gives the opportunity to see come only through a peephole, although modern eyes have a pretty large viewing angle.But outsiders can not see any of your locks, or the contents of the vestibule.
revolving metal doors are also classified according to the degree of resistance to attempts at tampering or contamination.They are divided into four classes:
- design first class pretty quickly opened using the most common tools of hacking and the use of physical force.Most often it is cheaper revolving doors;
- construction of the second class can not be broken, with simple hand tools, are required electrical cutting tools;
- doors may open the third grade cutting power tools, but it will take a lot of time and effort;
- design fourth grade and can withstand any hacking attempts, including the use of firearms.
to install conventional multifamily housing is best to install the doors belonging to the second and third grade, becausethe doors of the first class are not able to perform the safety function, and the doors of the fourth class are very expensive to install and support them as simply inappropriate.
advantages and disadvantages of having revolving doors
Installation tambour door has many advantages.Consider the most significant of them:
- change shoes in the vestibule is usually coming from the street, so as not to pollute the hallway inside the apartment;
- in the vestibule safely leave the stroller or baby car without cluttering up the apartment and not to worry, that it will leave without you, if you will spend the night in the stairwell;
- vestibule prevents the loss of heat in the apartment during the cold season, and prevents the penetration of outside noise from the site;
- as we said above, the tambour door seriously hinders intruders from entering the apartment.
Although the vestibule in front of the apartment and adds life to the comfort and safety, it exists also some disadvantages:
- you can get untidy neighbors who will not do the cleaning and will spam the entire vestibule unnecessary things;
- if stored in the vestibule bulky items, they can prevent, if necessary, quickly leave the apartment, for example during a fire;
- vestibule if you can not quickly get to the apartment, becauseyou have to stay in front of the door further.
How to make a choice of tambour iron doors
determine the model revolving doors need to build on some criteria that will help to make the right choice:
- decor.The main function of revolving doors - is the protection of property from unauthorized intrusion, so the decorations go on the back burner.Most often beautifully executed its inner surface and the outer has a powder-coated or pasted over with PVC film.Besides simple decoration door does not attract the attention of thieves and maximizes easy cleaning and maintenance;
- accessories.In the fittings can not save becausein many ways it affects the reliability and the protective properties of the door.Hinges should be modern and quality and locking systems - equipped with a device not giving remove the door in the case of cutting the loops;
- castle.Better to choose locks with as much as possible a more complex design, so they do not become easy prey for criminals, but open fast, easy and quiet, accessible to children and the elderly who have the key.
Above all we must remember that the load on the revolving door many times the load on the front door, because it is used by tenants of apartments that it protects.This means that the tambour construction simultaneously must be reliable and robust, and be lightweight.
Since childhood, we hear from parents that before you open the door you need to see who is behind it.To do so, necessarily requires the eye with sufficient viewing angle.
Steps for installing revolving doors
buying a good door that meets all your requirements, unfortunately, is not limited.A lot depends on its quality, professional installation.
Before you negotiate with the installers need to prepare the doorway.Some door designs can occupy it completely, but under some need to reduce the gap.
Installation of doors is made in several stages:
- if you do not create a vestibule from scratch, but merely replace the old door, the first thing it needs to be dismantled;
- further doorway should try to correct the damage when removing and chips;
- then install the door frame that size should be slightly smaller than the opening, it was possible to make alignment;
- gap left between the door opening and blows out with foam.In its quality, should pay special attention, becauseShe is due to hold the entire structure.
When mounting structure must be ensured coincidence of holes for the lock on the door and the frame, as well as being on its place the remaining holes.Only in this case, all the mechanisms will work properly and last a long time.
Installation revolving doors - the work is very specific and requires an individual approach.Master professional always considers the state in which there is an opening, as well as errors made during the construction of the house.If he will not do it, the door can not be opened and closed smoothly, the whole system will skew and if not immediately, then in the future, be sure to fail.For a smooth installation of the door frame, if the walls slope and other defects, using special spacers, which are either installed on time, or remain in the structure.They help make the right door opening position inside and stay there permanently.
After assembling, drilling a hole and secure the box, set the door leaf, the installation begins fittings and fit locks.
After foaming slots should fix the design in one position and try not to touch it at first.Polyurethane foam is gaining sufficient strength for the next day.During this time you should try not to use the door, and if you need to go out, then do it very carefully so as not to move anything.After the lapse of time required pieces of foam, got out of the border of the box, cut and begin to use the vestibule.
To tambour door for a long time and adequately perform their mission can not buy cheap and low-quality construction.But what if you just do not have the opportunity to spend at the door of a large sum of money?The answer is simple: get substantial savings by purchasing revolving doors from the manufacturer.The fact that many organizations that sell doors are simply resellers do their cheat and sell goods in shops that are in location steps.But if you look, for example on the Internet, it is easy to find ads and websites of companies that not only sell, but also themselves produce doors.