front door - a means of separating private space inside the house from the outside world.The thicker and more durable door - the more secure its protection.Often, however, the inhabitants of the house just need to know what is going on behind the door, for example, if someone calls her or hear any other sounds.The easiest way to control the situation is to install a door peephole.The article describes the types of door locks and how to install them.
- design door peephole
- How to choose a peephole?
- Valve for peephole
- Installing door peephole
- Types peephole
- Electronic eye
modern peephole became widespread only in the 1960s.Its founding father is considered to be an American scientist, inventor and writer Robert Wood, who in 1906 invented the wide-angle lens, "fish-eye".
However, it took a long time even before his invention gained deserved fame, distribution and use in the home.
Today you can buy a va
design door peephole
Standard construction consists of a door peephole:
- lens is aimed at an external object (s);
- outer rail;
- latches on the sides of the lens;
- body eye;
- inner nut;
- lens inward (ocular);
Depending on the length of the body in the eye it can range from 2 to 15 lenses.
How to choose a peephole?
There are several key factors to consider when choosing a door peephole.
first and most important factor is the angle .The higher the index, the higher the level of security, because it will be visible not only the face of the person at the door, but also the space below and on the sides that in today, unfortunately, the criminal world, too, is very useful.
- optimal viewing angle is 180 °, although often manufacturers make an angle of slightly more than 200 °, in order to remove the distortions on the Limits of the review, the working range will result in those same 180 °.
- Another trick, used by manufacturers to increase the viewing angle is the imposition of forward focus of the lens.This design provides a larger space of the review.
Another factor determining the selection of eye, is the width of the door .Depending on this, select one of the following holes:
- standard (if a door thickness of 30 to 55 mm);
- elongate (if the door thickness from 55 to 100 mm);
- long (if a door thickness of 100 mm).
most common are the eyes of a standard size, they are suitable for any modern metal or wooden doors.Width adjustment is made by means of the thread, which is in any eyes.However, if the door will be warmed from the inside or the outside, the usual length of the eyelet may be insufficient.
Tip: when buying long or extra-long eye, it is important to pay attention to its optical characteristics, which should be different from the standard version.Unfortunately, many manufacturers to reduce the cost of the final product, a set of standard eye length of the rear nut, without changing the optical characteristics.These actions may decrease the angle of view, as well as poor visibility of objects.
- Also the width of the door, it is important to take into account the width of the diameter of the eye.What it is, the higher the aperture set in a lens.High throughput allows you to see things more clearly, without necessarily come to the peephole closely, outer space will be clearly visible from a distance of 5-7 cm from the eye, maintaining a wide viewing angle.
- only additional comments to broad diameter can be called that in the future it will be impossible to replace on a narrower, becauseopening for a broader standard, respectively.
material from which made the eye , is probably the determining factor in the final price of the product.There are two basic material for the housing holes: metal and plastic.Metal more durable and resistant to external influences, the plastic can deform or crack give, for example, due to temperature changes.
also different lens materials - plastic, glass or conventional eyewear.
- main drawback plastic optics is its fragility.She eventually tends to thicken and become deformed.Furthermore, the plastic accumulates static electricity attracts dust.All these factors lead to the emergency room, on the second or third year of operation, loss of image clarity.
- no such problems in the glass, but it is compared to the eyewear more fragile.The only drawback of optical glass is its higher compared to the price of plastic.While the strength and durability to recoup the costs with interest.
Valve for peephole
Bolt became an integral part of door peephole, she performs as a function of the passive safety - to the outside could not see whether someone is in the house or not, and aestheticfunction - the light from the outside does not penetrate into the room.
- It also allows the viewer to freely come to the door, and select whether to open the exterior of its people.There is always someone to open the door who just do not want, without any objective factors of safety or good manners.
- sometimes performs the role of a mirror catches spraying the lens.It is quite popular because it requires no additional internal elements eye, however, the net can be called a reduced brightness.
Installing door peephole
Installation is simple and requires no special skills.If the door is no special holes for eye, it is necessary to drill.
- To do this, choose a place on the door, where it will be located, is stuck masking tape and made markings.
- Then the two sides of the door drilled hole diameter required.
- From the outside the door is inserted into the tip of the lens and the inside of the viewfinder firmly screwed.
- Panoramic peephole. Its distinguishing feature is the lens divided by the two lenses.Through this lens design takes more light output and gives a panoramic image, to see which is optionally be directly opposite and close to the eyes.
- Bulletproof eye. functional founded in the title, provides greater security.
- Secret eye. It is usually disguised as nails in the door trim.Typically, this design of mikrovideokamery on the outer door and the receiving device inside.
- Eye for double doors , you can view the space without having to open the inner door.It has two parts.
- Eye-periscope. have this type of eye lens and eyepiece are at different levels.This type is very popular in families with children, since it gives you the opportunity to arrange the components so that the eyepieces are at the level comfortable for an adult, and at the height of the child's growth.
eye on this form is necessary to stop in more detail, as this model from year to year is gaining popularity, which is not surprising in an era of technological progress.
operating principle of door peephole camera
At one end mounted video camera, usually small or microsizes, built in the door.It transmits the image to the receiving monitor.The picture can be transmitted either permanently, in real time and on demand.
What is important to consider when choosing videoglazki?
- As is the case with the ordinary eye, the priority is the viewing angle.Due to technical solutions and telescopic nozzles, the issue in most cases, well-resolved and videoglazki provide excellent full review of the territory outside the door.
- Another important factor is the sensitivity of the eye to light.The higher it is, the better the eye "sees" with poor lighting.Clarify this point can be in specifications, embedded in the door surface.
- videoglazki on the device are divided into housing and unpackaged.The first reliability and durability, while the latter is cheaper and easier to install.
- Video surveillance can be arranged on one of the following two schemes:
- signal is broadcast over the air in the UHF band, with transmitter of television signals for receiving it on TV.
- image is transmitted by cable directly to the LF output of the monitor or TV.
- installation videoglazki best left to professionals, as required some knowledge and skills to configure the signal.Also, you may need work on the laying of the cable in the apartment.
- If there is a desire or a need to be able to in addition to CCTV monitoring via a standard eye, it is worth considering the option to install a hidden camera lens.Of the advantages worth mentioning around the clock in front of the door entry area and the possibility, if necessary, see this post.
wireless electronic peephole
electronic eye is a kind of videoglazki, in the sense that the image is also sent to the monitor and there is no direct observation through the eyepiece.
However, there are differences and very important:
- Electronic eye consists of a doorbell and video cameras, which are mounted on the outside of the door, and an LCD display to the inside.Pressing the call button activates the liquid crystal display device, makes photos and starts recording.The device is equipped with a slot for memory cards, in the settings you can change the photo and video.
- electronic eye can at any time see what is happening outside, it is necessary to activate the LCD screen by touching and select the appropriate menu item.He can lead videofiksatsiyu and weak or absence of light, to do this, select the settings to use infrared light.
- Unlike videoglazki installing electronic eye just elementary, is used as an opening place where you have previously installed a standard eye, no additional work on the drilling thus are not needed.Do not need wires or other connections.Powered by batteries, the device.And its cost is relatively low.
as complete.The most important thing in the room - its comfort and security, advanced door eyes are able to satisfy the most demanding consumers, but no matter how good it may be, and no matter how strong or a door, on which it is located, the main factor is common sense and caution residents.