Fiberglass has many advantages, and are therefore often used in decoration.about its features, variants, as well as how to glue fiberglass consider further.
- general concept and advantages of glass fiber
- Scope use glass fiber
- How to glue fiberglass ceiling
- Paint fiberglass - especially sticking to the walls
- staining paint stekloholsta
- Recommendations for gluing glass fiber
general concept andadvantages of glass fiber
fiberglass is environmentally friendly and harmless material, which is created on the basis of mineral glass and organic resins.He appears in the form of a continuous non-woven fabric without a distinct texture which has the highest resistance to tearing.
fiberglass, also called masking cobweb, because of its specific surface and soft texture.In composition it is similar to fiberglass, but has a number of features, which differs from them.Fiber glass fiber is not intertwined like fiberglass, and just
glass fiber production is not connected with machines, in its manufacture comes molding fiberglass.This process is similar to the production of paper.Ultimately, the producer receives a very smooth sheet with a minimum density.Unlike ordinary glass fiber of the paper is that the glass fiber is not susceptible to moisture, chemicals and mechanical effects, they do not accumulate static electricity and dust, they are well reinforced wall surface.
similarity glass fiber paper is passing air, ecology, harmless to health, antiallergichnosti and antiseptic.Unlike glass fiber from fiberglass is a smooth surface, which is subject to repeated staining.
on plaster walls, during the shrinking process or the effects of high temperatures, there is occurrence of cracks thinnest reticulation which destroy its integrity and become visible only when the wet wall.If the walls are reinforced with fiberglass, the cracks do not appear, and the surface is clean and smooth.
fiberglass also used to increase the strength of the paint, which is applied to the surface of the wall or ceiling.In this case, the paint acquires new properties, it becomes combustible, stronger and more waterproof.
main functions of glass fiber webs acts:
- elimination of minor irregularities and smoothing the surface of the walls and ceilings;
- reinforcement of small cracks;
- subsequent application of finish;
- increase in the strength of the surface on which the fiberglass is applied.
Among the advantages of glass fiber should allocate such qualities:
- fire safety,
- easy care,
- passing air,
- not store electricity,
Among the many benefits, identify several shortcomings stekloholsta:
- with glass-work hard,
- large cracks stekloholst not override their pre-need repaired,
- during its use must use protective clothing, a mask and a respirator to minorglass particles do not fall on the mucous membranes and does not irritate the skin.
use glass fiber glass fiber is connected with the use of interior decoration of residential and public buildings.It is used for decoration and reinforcement of wall or ceiling.Due to the compact structure, easily masked by all the irregularities and perfectly applied paint.
use of glass fiber during the finishing work, makes it possible not to apply the finish plaster walls, enough proshpaklevat their only home page.
After plastering the walls repaired, they must proshpaklevat and then primed with deep penetration.Type of glue, which is attached fiberglass, should be considered based on manufacturer's recommendations.
Adhesive application is carried out directly on the wall.Cut web, which has a margin of about eight centimeters, and is glued in a vertical direction.It is advisable to plumb, mark the spot on which will be taping.Bonding of subsequent fibers like wallpapering, they are joined to each other.To smooth out the bumps, use a rubber roller or trowel.Excess glass fiber are cut with a knife assembly.When the glue is completely dry, and that requires one to two days, start the process of staining.
Due to the fact that fiberglass has a fibrous structure, ink requires much more.To avoid this, it should again be proshpaklevat surface, but with glass tissue.The consistency of putty must be fluid and coating is carried out using a rubber spatula.Caulking, as if rubbed into the fiberglass.This procedure is carried out carefully and slowly to the left of small errors, as will be made after the painting.
advantage of using glass fiber is that in the process of wet cleaning, using high-quality paints, the surface does not lose the original appearance for many years.Therefore, this material is indispensable in the process of finishing the kitchen or children's room.Also, fiberglass is not lit, perfectly breathable, has antiseptic properties, and above all completely safe.
recommended number of repainting stekloholsta about 3-5 times.If you paint it more weight accumulated paint will peel the paintings.
use glass fiber Scope:
- production of waterproofing and roofing purposes;
- production of floor and wall panels of the type of PVC;
- reinforcement of PVC;
- drainage systems;
- reinforcing substrates before application of plaster;
- in the production of panels, steklovoholst gives them more presentable appearance, improves fire resistance and simplifies installation;
- for the protection of the pipeline from corrosion;
- when gluing roofing, to enhance its quality;
- when laying tiles or Soft flooring;
- device floating floors, for the construction of special soundproof screens.
How to glue fiberglass ceiling
- building level,
- mounting knife,
- paint tray,
- trowel wallpaper,
Before proceeding to the immediate glueing glass fiber ceiling, it must first be prepared for the process.The preparatory phase of work includes such activities:
1. Remove the old plaster from the ceiling, paint, lime or wallpaper.For this purpose, use a spatula.To remove old wallpaper, you need to pre-soak them with water and wait half an hour.
2. If the ceiling is covered with a lime solution, especially if it has several layers of matter, it is recommended to clean it with a spatula.So as the adhesion between the glass-ceiling and is very weak.
Tip: If the lime is difficult to clean the ceiling with a spatula, there is one more version of his treatment.With a brush or roller, moisten it with water and wash woolen cloth several times.
3. After cleaning should start zadelyvayuniyu small cracks and depressions that formed in the process of cleaning the surface.Prior to this, it is recommended to walk on the ceiling with a roller primer.
4. Perhaps wallpaper glue directly on a ceiling, but it is better if the entire surface is proshpaklevat.
5. adhered to the glass fiber plasterboard, must first be repaired all the joints and cap screws, and make the surface perfectly smooth.Before proceeding to the next step, putty must be completely dry.
6. If fiberglass is glued to the layer of insulation, such as expanded polystyrene extraction, the surface preparation also includes luting of all joints and dowels, which he attached to the ceiling.
How to glue fiberglass Video:
process sticking glass fiber includes:
1. pre-cutting blades that are stuck on the side.To join the sheets together at each interval leave one centimeter margin.
2. Decide on the spot gluing the first sheet, using a level and pencil, draw its location.Better yet, make a full markup, which will be performed by gluing.
3. Pour into a tray and roller, apply glue to the surface of the ceiling.Apply a strip, so it was a little more than plot, which is glued fiberglass.In the uncomfortable areas such as corners or near the place chandeliers, apply glue with a brush.
4. Then attach the severed part of the glass fiber ceiling and smooth with a rubber spatula.Do not strongly press the edges to easily match them with the following list.
5. The second sheet is attached in the same way, place the docking wiped with a dry cloth, and processed straight edge.
6. After gluing all the glass fiber fabrics, the room should be no drafts.This action will enable it to dry faster and firmer hold on the surface.
Paint fiberglass - especially sticking to the walls
procedure sticking glass fiber paint on the walls begins with training and complete purification.Then the walls are leveled and covered with this material.
consider a phased application of glass fiber:
- apply a rough start to the surface of the plaster walls;
- wait until it is completely dry and primed with deep penetration;
- after the primer has dried, apply glue with a roller;
- start gluing the first sheet with the corner portion;
- to improve the surface of the reinforcement iron the edge of the platen glass fiber;
- pay special attention to the docking of the two paintings - painting, apply one to the other with a gap, and then use a knife, cut the mounting place of a joint and remove the excess glass fiber;
- the abutment should be smooth with a spatula;
- when the wall is completely dry have to cover a wall putties;
- after drying, treat the wall with abrasive mesh;
- apply primer and start decorating the surface.
Tip: Apply the adhesive thickness of about one millimeter, so he soaked the wall and evenly distributed over the surface.
If fiberglass glued efficiently and correctly - the walls seem to be perfectly smooth.It is an excellent basis for the decorative plaster finishes.If all technologies on the walls will not appear cracks, fungus and mold.
staining paint stekloholsta
possible use case with glass tissue as the material looks very aesthetically pleasing.But, if appropriate in staining the walls is an excellent glass fiber material which, in addition, providing a perfectly flat surface, also improves paint adhesion and walls.
Advantages of glass fiber in the dyeing:
- if you need to drive a nail into the wall, the plaster will not pour out of the hole;
- complete absence of cracks.
If using fiberglass, which is intended for further staining, it is recommended to use water-based paints.Thus, the material will not lose its properties over time and may repeat the staining procedure.
Among the selection of paint colors, it is better to give preference to semi-gloss.The issue of direct shpaklevanii glass fiber depends on what type of finish will be applied further.If desired, the dyeing preparation, and smoother surface fiberglass putty must otherwise - immediately inked.
To save on ink consumption, cheaper fiberglass cover the first layer of conventional glue, and then paint.
The coloring process is used:
minimum number of layers - two.The gap between them is twelve hours.
Winglet is used for rolling joints, as the roller is not able to paint this part of the uniform.
Recommendations for gluing glass fiber
1. The recommended length of the ceiling, which is glued to the ceiling should not exceed two meters, as if the glass fiber will be longer - any inconveniences.
2. Be sure to define the front of the glass fiber, as it does not differ from the underside.To do this, examine the label.
3. In order to prevent small particles of glass in the nose or on the skin, use long-sleeved gloves, respirators and goggles.
4. adhered glass fiber on a plaster surface, make sure that the seams of the material did not match the connection joints sheets of drywall.Otherwise, the surface will lose the aesthetics and the seams will be very visible.
5. The optimum temperature for bonding glass fiber from 18 to 25 degrees.The absence of drafts - is necessary.
6. Begin work on the side opposite the door.