device pitched roof is not just one of the most difficult and time-consuming process of building a private house, but also a very crucial moment.Indeed, in the case of miscalculation or error mounting the roof will have to do again.No less difficult is responsible and insulation pitched roof, designed to provide optimal temperature conditions in the attic, the attic and around the house.Errors of fitting insulation material can lead to the fact that it gets wet, cease to function, but because of the wooden roof structure to undergo decay.There will be no choice but to make entirely new roof.To avoid these unfortunate consequences, you need to know some important rules for pitched roofs and insulation to choose the material for insulation.
- How to choose insulation for pitched roofs
- roof insulation using Ursa pitched roofs
- URSA Glasswool Insulation pitched roof
- How to insulate a pitched roof Ursoy
- Insulation of pitched roof Penoplex
- Penoplex laying on top of the rafters
- Laying Penoplexunder rafters
- Penoplex laying on the attic floor
- Insulation of pitched roof polystyrene
How to choose insulation for pitched roofs
modern market is full of a variety of insulating materials, but each of them is good in its place.Not to be mistaken with the choice of insulation for pitched roof, you need to pay attention to such characteristics of the material:
- low coefficient of thermal conductivity less than 0.05 W / m * K;
- low weight, so as not to overload the roof structure.To determine the weight necessary to pay attention to the density of the material.For the mineral wool insulation is sufficient 45 - 50 kg / m3, and fiberglass for 14 kg / m3.
- material should not absorb moisture, ideal if it is water resistant.In the case of wet, for example, cotton insulation, it will have to completely replace it, as it will lose more than 60% of its properties.
- resistance to temperature, severe frosts and numerous cyclers.This directly affects the durability of the material.
- Sustainability is no less important.Material should not be allocated to the space odors or substances.
- Fire - one of the main requirements for the heater.It is desirable that the material was completely non-flammable and does not support combustion.
- dimensionally stable for a better fit to the roof structure, without the formation of cracks.Also, this property will prevent the situation where the material slides off the roof, exposing the top.
- durability.Not all warm thoughts will soon make major repairs at home, so it's best to choose a heat-insulating material for a sloped roof, which is able to last for 50 years without changing its properties.
Virtually all these requirements are satisfied by heat-insulating materials:
- mineral wool on basalt rock : PAROC eXtra, ROCKWOOL Light Batts, ROCKWOOL Light Batts Scandic, ISOROC IZOLAYT, TECHNOLIGHT Extras TECHNO Roklayt.
- Mineral wool based on glass fiber : URSA pitched roofs, ISOVER pitched roof, ISOVER roll frame-M40-Tween 50, KNAUF Thermo Roll pitched roof 037, KNAUF Thermo Roll-COTTAGE 037, KNAUF Thermo Plate COTTAGE-037.
- polystyrene foam, or simply good only for attic insulation residential premises by laying on the floor, followed by pouring the cement-sand mixture.Such precautions due to the fact that the combustible material in the combustion process and allocates extremely toxic substance and droplets.
- Extruded polystyrene , for example, material PENOPLEX.This material is also used only in areas where it will not have direct contact with fire.
- Polyurethane - liquid sprayed insulation type.
Important!All wool, though not absorb moisture, but it absorbs the air contained between the fibers of wool, so the installation of these materials requires extra protection from leaks and condensation in the form of waterproofing film.Expanded polystyrene, extruded polystyrene, and optionally also used for thermal insulation of pitched roofs, but this is not recommended by experts.
Here we have listed only the most popular materials in modern construction.But also do not forget about eco-friendly natural materials: algae, flax insulation for roofs, straw, hemp and cork.Most of these materials are flammable, but then the foam and extruded polystyrene have a flammability class T3-T4, however, they are quite often used for thermal insulation of pitched roofs.In case of fire, natural materials, and even burn, but will not release toxic substances at the same time.
Below we consider only the most popular options for thermal insulation of pitched roofs with different materials.
roof insulation using Ursa pitched roofs
In recent years become increasingly popular in the insulation uses insulation Ursa pitched roofs on the basis of fiberglass.This type of insulation is based on German technology URSA Spannfilz, but finalized taking into account the climatic conditions in Russia and construction technologies used here.
URSA Glasswool Insulation pitched roof
Benefits URSA Glasswool insulation pitched roof:
- Increased flexibility allows the material to stay firmly in the space between the rafters without sagging and without forming cracks.
- Ease material.
- Excellent sound insulation properties.
- low thermal conductivity of 0.036 W / m * K.
- Good flexibility of the material enables the installation to complex architectural forms, hard to reach areas and irregular surfaces.
- not require additional fastening is sufficient installation "vraspor" between the rafters.
- The packaging material is compressed by 5 times, which greatly facilitates the transportation.After unpacking Urs quickly acquires a working form for 10 - 15 minutes.
- material does not burn.
insulation on pitched roofs URSA price depends on the size of the mat and starts at $ 50per 1 m3.The thickness of the mat may be 150 mm and 200 mm.The most popular material thickness of 150 mm, that is enough for insulating pitched roofs in many cases.More precisely, the required thickness of insulation Ursa can be calculated in accordance with SNIP II-3-79, taking into account the climatic zone in which the house is located.Material width is 1200 mm and length from 3900 to 4200 mm.This is enough to put the material between the rafters without cracks and joints.
How to insulate a pitched roof Ursoy
main feature of the installation of insulation glass is based on the need for installation of waterproofing film to leaks and condensation do not fall into the material and the vapor barrier film to protect against steam rising from the living room.
Most often this insulation is used when it is necessary to insulate the roof space of pitched roofs with attic to make living.
to insulate a pitched roof of a private home with a pitched roof insulation Ursa, you must do the following:
- Before the installation of the roof rafters should be top on the outside to spread a waterproof film.A variation of the film is chosen on the basis of project documentation at home taking into account the characteristics of thermal insulation material, roofing material and vapor barrier film.Waterproofing foil is laid across the slope to overlap at least 100 mm.Compound webs performed using special adhesive tapes.Material fixed to the rafters staples or special galvanized nails with a wide flat head.
Important!In no event it is impossible to lay a waterproofing material for roofs in tightness.Otherwise, with the onset of winter cold film can shrink and tear in the attachment points.Therefore, canvases stacked with slack, but no more than 2 cm per 1 m.
- Top waterproofing film stuffed crate of wooden bars, a minimum thickness of 25 mm.The thickness of the bars is selected depending on what size ventilation should be sufficient clearance for ventilation of roof space.Secured crate also using corrosion screws.The holes in the bars are made in advance to once again not to injure the waterproof film.
Important!In order to further protect the insulation material from getting wet, waterproof film can be laid directly on the rafters is not, and lath nailed to the rafters.Top mounted kontrobreshetka film, which has already been assigned to the roofing material.Thus, two air gap: between the insulation and the film between the film and the roof provide maximum protection against condensation.
- top batten plank roofing material.Most materials can be attached directly to the sheathing.And for the installation of a soft roof top batten should be laid sheets of particle board or waterproof plywood, and have her fix roofing material.
- insulation material Ursa pitched roofs fit inside roof mezhstropilnoe space.Material should be unpacked and give lie down for about 20 minutes, so he took a working form, and straightened.Then the heater is cut into the required pieces so that the web width was 20 - 30 mm longer than the distance between the rafters.This will provide a binding material "vraspor."The material is pushed into the space between the rafters.To flatten the edge, press the middle of the canvas.The material to spring back and straighten.
Important!Ideally, step rafters selected taking into account the width of the heater (1200 mm), which will be laid between them.This will greatly facilitate installation and save time and money due to the fact that the material does not have to be cut along and there will be less scrap.
- top of insulation inside the building is laid vapor barrier film is secured directly to the rafters with staples.
- Next crate mounted inside the attic or attic rooms, will be attached to her finishing materials.
This insulation of the roof done.If the attic is not planned to do residential, this technology is not suitable insulation.Insulation must be laid on the floor of the attic space, insulating ceiling.
If you purchased a finished house, which is not performed insulation of the roof, and it does not want to shoot roofing, you can cheat a little bit to the detriment of the wooden roof structure.The ready-pitched roof inside the attic waterproofing membrane is laid on top of the rafters, gently mezhstropilnoe factories in space, then fit insulation and vapor barrier film.In this case, wooden rafters are not protected against leaks, but the insulation is protected.
Another way, better, as it provides adequate ventilation of roof space.The space between the rafters is free, inside the building on top of them plank waterproofing film.To the rafters fixed suspensions for plasterboard ceiling, they infest the plate insulation, vapor barrier film on top.For everything finishes require additional crate.
In conclusion, it should be noted that this technology insulation pitched roof is suitable for all mineral wool or glass wool insulation for pitched roofs.
Insulation of pitched roof Penoplex
Penoplex - material based on extruded polystyrene foam has exceptional strength, it does not absorb water, and therefore does not require waterproofing.But the material is flammable, so use in a residential private construction is extremely rare.The main advantage of this material is that it can provide a continuous insulating surface without cold bridges.
Penoplex laying on top of the rafters
most successful version of the installation insulation material, to use other material is not possible to apply only for new construction.The thickness of the plates Penoplex is from 60 to 120 mm.
sequence of works such:
- After the installation of truss construction, is placed at the bottom of the locking rail, thickness not less than the thickness of the insulation material.It is necessary to ensure that the insulation plate does not slip off the roof.
- Spread plate heater Penoplex staggered, starting from the bottom of the fixing rails.
- flooring vapor-permeable waterproof film material to protect against leaks and condensation.
- Mount crate on top of the wooden bars with a minimum thickness of 40 mm.It is necessary for the ventilation gap.Fix the bars using self-tapping screws, but make the hole in advance, so as not to split the plate Penoplex accident.
- On crate install roofing material.
Inside Penoplex does not require any protection.
Penoplex laying the rafters
This method is used when the house was built, and removed roofing material is no desire or ability.In the space between the rafters can be laid mineral wool insulation and the rafters on top of the plate to spread Penoplex and secure crate nailed the bottom inside of the premises.Installation of additional insulation slabs Penoplex provide a continuous surface without cold bridges in the form of wooden trusses.
Penoplex laying on the attic floor
This method is used if the attic is not planned to do residential.Plates are stacked on the overlap between floors.The surface must be flat.To align the use of plywood boards or cement-sand screed.Top insulation boards also need to fill the screed thickness of 40 mm.
Insulation of pitched roof polystyrene
Styrofoam - fairly cheap stuff, so many of them lured by the opportunity to insulate a pitched roof.In fact it is not the best option for several reasons:
- foam - an inflexible material.With him uncomfortable to work, cut and install.
- material burns and releases toxic substances.
Styrofoam can be placed in the space between the rafters and below the rafters.When installed in a space formed mezhstropilnoe plurality of slots that need to be repaired.Installation of insulation under the rafters is done on the same technology as the installation Penoplex.Next, it must hide finished as Styrofoam is sun.
In conclusion, I would like to clarify that if you plan to perform insulation of pitched roof yourself, be sure to check beforehand with a specialist about the material, its thickness and the method of installation in your specific case.Ideally you should first create a project of warming.