Stone wool as insulation has a high demand for building materials market.There are many manufacturers of stone wool.We suggest to consider the characteristics, advantages and recommendations on the choice of material.
- Stone wool: the origin and the manufacturing process
- stone wool characteristics and advantages
- scope of use of stone wool insulation
- Recommendations regarding the selection of stone wool
- Varieties of mineral wool in the ratio of its brand
- Overview manufacturers of stone
wool, stone wool: the origin and the manufacturing process
origin of stone wool a natural process associated with a volcanic eruption.When the molten lava is heading down, it is separated into fiber and the wind, getting it creates a fibrous structure.This material has high strength and performance.
main component of which produced stone wool are the basalt rocks, or marl metamorfichnogo origin.The most important indicator of high qualit
most high-quality stone wool is made from basalt rock type, which entered carbonate supplements, regulating its acidity.
high level of acidity stone wool improves its water resistance, and thus makes the cotton more durable and long lasting.Another element which is part of a stone wool binder.Its main function is to bind and bonding fibers, and giving the product a certain shape and consistency.As a binder acts:
- binders based on bitumen;
- synthetic binders;
- combined substances, which include several components;
- binders such as bentonite.
most popular binding element of rock wool, which is most often used in the process of production appears synthetic material of which consists of phenol-formaldehyde resins and plasticizers gidrofibizuyuschie.
material, which became the basis for the production of rock wool is called "Hair Pele."He had the appearance of a thin filament, which was formed from volcanic rock.The current stage of the production of rock wool process resembles a volcanic eruption.Rocks are sent to the furnace temperature which reaches fifteen hundred degrees Celsius.They melted and subjected to a separation process to the fibers.There are several ways this process works:
- blast method using a fan;
- centrifugal and roller techniques;
- method of blowing and centrifugal;
- combination of centrifugal blow and spun;
- other methods.
When the rock is divided into the fiber, followed by the process of introducing the binder and give it shape.This process involves spraying a binder, which is introduced into a cotton mass or weight of the substance watering.Kamennovatny carpet is sent to heat treatment process in which the binder begins to perform its functions.The content of the binder is about three percent.The stone wool is cut according to predetermined sizes, packed and ready for sale.
stone wool characteristics and advantages
first and most important feature of rock wool, which determines its use as an insulator in favor of its high thermal insulation capacity.Because of this, it copes well with the process of temperature regulation in the room.In winter, stone wool does not miss the cold, and in summer - the heat.This property depends on design factor, as different materials are characterized by different levels of thermal conductivity.Even at high temperatures stone wool does not lose its properties and continues to perform its functions.Therefore, stone wool can not be burning, non-flammable and padded design protects against fire.
temperature of over one thousand degrees Celsius does not affect the characteristics of the rock wool.Even at such a high temperature, it does not melt, does not burn and performs its functions properly.Although evaporation binding element occurs at a temperature greater than two hundred degrees.Due to the fireproof properties, stone wool helps to avoid fire and structural failure of the building when it occurs.Therefore, stone wool has a fairly broad scope, it is used for thermal insulation as a multi-storey and single-storey buildings, schools, offices, private homes, cottages, etc.
Almost always use a binder if it is high-quality, no shrinkage and provides a permanent form of wool.This feature helps wool resist mechanical stress.After all, it is not only used for the insulation of walls and floors that are under constant stress and exposure.If as a binder for mineral wool used low quality materials, it eventually loses its shape and does not perform its functions.
Due to the fact that the stone wool fibers intersect randomly, stone wool is an excellent sound insulator, which protects the room from the effects of outside noise and street noise.Internal walls, which are used for thermal insulation of rock wool, are characterized by a reduction in sound level in relation to the adjacent room.
Another function of the binder acts as resistance to moisture and vapor permeability.These features allow you to adjust the level of humidity in the room, and the excess moisture is not absorbed in a layer of insulation, thereby disrupting its structure, and is expelled.The climate, the room becomes a comfortable and friendly accommodations.Dry state stone wool leads to the fact that it does not form a mold, fungus and other microorganisms are bred.
Stone wool - an eco-friendly material in the production which uses natural materials that do not have a negative impact on the environment.The use of stone wool ensures significant power savings, thereby improving the environment and conserving power.
sphere of use of stone wool insulation
Among insulation based on stone wool is the most common rock wool from basalt rock.It has the highest water-repellent, so is used for insulation of swimming pools and saunas.It allows the thermal insulation of piping systems and other communications engineering purposes.
Through chaotic spread of fibers in stone wool, it is able to withstand the heavy loads.Therefore used for insulation of foundations and floors.
in relation to the strength of stone wool is tough and more elastic.Stone wool is used in soft structure unloaded parts of building structures, as well as installation of wells and ventilated facades, which have a small air flow rate and the average ventilation gap.
Application of semi-rigid stone wool type is associated with a ventilated facade systems that have unrestricted airflow.It is suitable for multi-storey structures.This type of wool is well installed in the airway structures, where she provides them with heat and sound insulation and fire safety.
Stone wool segment, a cylindrical or semi-cylindrical type is used for insulation of piping systems.
tough basalt wool fit for structures which are subjected to high loads.
covered with stone wool is:
- glass fiber;
studying about rock wool reviews, we propose to consider the main industry of its use:
1. Isolation structures for construction application - allows you to build a stone wool thermal, acoustic and fire insulation in buildings of almost any purpose.Stone wool improves the thermal insulation quality of walls, facades, ceilings, floors, chimneys and ceilings.
2. When the use of technical insulation rock wool allows to equip ventilation, air conditioning and smoke removal.
3. When the destination equipment of flame retardant stone wool improves the fire resistance of building elements such as ceilings or metal structures.Use stone wool can increase the level of fire safety of the building.
4. The purpose of the shipbuilding industry stone wool insulation provides vessels and their parts.
Recommendations regarding the selection of stone wool
Before you buy a stone wool, it should clearly define the functional load and the amount of area that needs to be insulated.
stone wool insulation on the price depends on such factors:
- density of the material;
- type of binder used in the production;
- type of rock from which stone wool is made;
- presence of an additional coating layer.
Stone wool façade should be strong and tight, as this part of the building is exposed to the environment.
Earlier quality mineral wool were determined on the basis of its density, but this statement is not true.Since modern rock wool manufacturers are developing a material that in spite of the low density, good resistance to mechanical stress.
Therefore, choosing a stone wool, pay attention to the ratio of the strength characteristics of the rupture or compression to the operating features of the use of insulation.
In choosing the material, carefully read the manufacturer's recommendation for its use.Most instructions specified scope of use of wool.Stone wool is an open-cell insulation, which requires an additional layer, which protects it from the effects of moisture and water.
Pay attention to the brand manufacturer, is considered the most high-quality stone wool "Rockwool", "Ursa", "Technonikol."If there is a choice between the German manufacturer and another company, it is better to give preference to the first, as rock wool, is made in Germany, has the highest quality, due to the fact that the certification bodies of the country to the most picky of these products.
Note that the density of the material depends on its value, so you should not choose too dense wool, where will be enough material medium or low density.
Do not choose a stone wool based on its low cost, it is better to buy more expensive products.Since the cheap stuff in a few years will lose their properties, and to redo the facade of a building or a floor, much more expensive than rock wool buy higher cost.
Note the location of the fibers, there are three types of mineral wool, is determined by this criterion:
- chaotic arrangement of fibers.
first and second option increases the stability of the mineral wool to mechanical stress, and the third - a positive effect on its thermal and sound insulation properties.
Varieties of mineral wool in the ratio of its brand
in relation to the density of stone wool is divided into:
1. Mark P - 75 - used for insulation unloaded horizontal surfaces such as attics, sometimes roofs.This material is appropriate for insulation oil, pipelines and gas pipelines.
2. Mark R - 125 - is used for insulation unloaded areas located both vertically and horizontally.With the help of a cotton build interior partitions, insulated floors and ceilings.They are suitable for installation in a three-layer brick, aerated concrete, expanded clay system.
3. Stone wool RV - 175 - is suitable for thermal insulation of walls, which acts as the basis for corrugated sheet metal or concrete in which there is no concrete screed.
4. LVP - 200 - Plates of increased rigidity, which increase fire resistance structures engineering and construction application.
in relation to the size of rock wool, they are dependent on the manufacturer.Possible to order custom sizes or roll slabs of stone wool.
Review producers of stone wool
1. "Rockwool" (Denmark) - stone wool, which is highly popular and has a lot of advantages.Features stone wool "Rockwool":
- chaotic arrangement of fibers;
- high fire safety and fire resistance;
- resistance to humidity;
- ensuring electricity savings;
- wide range of products;
- wide range of applications;
- use rock wool "Rockwool" provides a healthy and comfortable room climate;
- a high level of strength and stability to mechanical influences;
- duration of operation is more than fifty years.
2. "Technonikol" - makes stone wool based on basalt.Features of this product:
- high heat characteristics;
- Fire safety;
- good soundproofing;
- no shrinkage over a long period of use;
- use of stone wool "Technonikol" allows you to reduce the cost of construction of an additional layer of brick or wood;
- lightweight product provides ease of operation and its easy transportation.
3. Stone wool "Knauf" - is highly resistant to moisture, chemical and biological organisms.Stone wool is produced in the form of cylinders, plates, rolls, slats, facade slats.Wide range of products offers the purchaser the choice of the type of stone wool, which is required when a certain area of insulation.There is a kind of rock wool, which has the firmware using galvanized grid.The binder of standard panels of insulating synthetic resin is used.Material in the form of rolling slat consists of strips which are interconnected by a layer of aluminum foil.
4. Stone wool "Ursa" - is light and elastic.The material is easy to transport, thanks to the special packaging.It features good thermal insulation characteristics.There are variations of wool, which does not contain formaldehyde, and therefore it is absolutely safe and is recommended for use in schools, kindergartens or schools for medical purposes.