Air has long been firmly settled in almost every home.But to those who have not yet managed to acquire this miracle of technology, it is a question of choosing the model and manufacturer.Next, a detailed look at the fundamental differences in the configuration and capabilities of different types of air conditioners and try to find the best option in terms of price and quality.
- Types of air conditioners
- Domestic air conditioners
- Advantages and disadvantages of the various types of air conditioners
- Overview manufacturers of air conditioners
- Tips for using the air conditioner
Types of air conditioners
There are several groups of HVAC equipment, depending on the scopeapplication:
- room air conditioners (wall split systems, multi split system, one-piece window and mobile air conditioning) with a capacityfrom 1.5 to 8 kW.
- commercial air conditioners (cassette and ducted, column and ceiling air-conditioning) with a capacity of 5 to 30 kW,
- industrial systems (multi-zone central air conditioning, cabinet and roof model) with a capacity of 5 to 5000 kW.
Domestic air conditioners are the most frequently purchased categories, they are used to create the necessary microclimate in rooms up to 100 m2.Main attention given to products manufacturers - is giving conditioners small degree of noise at work, and their outer aesthetic design.In addition, the expensive models of household air conditioners have at their disposal a range of additional functional features, such as ionization and humidification.
Commercial systems are mean decision between domestic and industrial climatic equipment, and are best suited for the equipment in the halls of public and domestic use.Typically have the same spectrum as proposed functions, but unlike household, commercial systems have a much longer life.
Industrial systems are designed primarily for permanent and uninterrupted cycle use in buildings or facilities with an area of over 300 m2 of space.Such complexes are durable, but also the complexity of the operation and a long service life.
In each group, there are a few typical representatives, but describes in detail only on the main type of air-conditioning systems.
Domestic air conditioners
Monobloc air conditioner.Buy a unit, despite the low price, it is a mistake, because it is inferior to more modern counterparts.Window air conditioners (monoblock) is gradually becoming obsolete his life because of the impracticality and a variety of difficulties in the operation, such as low efficiency, complexity of installation (especially in plastic frames), and a significant level of noise.Mobile air conditioners whose prices are quite reasonable, allow the easily create a suitable climate in several areas (freely swapped from one room to another).Units of this type do not require the installation of additional units, and immediately ready for operation.In addition, they possess more functionality than the cost of a split system.
Split systems consist of two parts: the outer, draws air and outputting waste liquid arising from the difference in temperature and the indoor unit, which may be of a variety of wall, duct, tape, and other units.
- Wall air conditioning is most prevalent in everyday use.It is characterized for the most part reasonable price (except for the elite class models), and quite effective.This type of air conditioner is best suited for residential areas up to 70 m2.
- channel conditioner is used to cool the air inside the office or other public places, such as the system is installed in a suspended ceiling.To sum conditioner vent aimed at different points, which allows the cooling air in several unrelated areas.Repair of air conditioners of this type can be somewhat difficult to limited access to all elements of the design.
- Cassette air conditioner is another effective solution for indoor public spaces.He also placed under the ceiling, but, unlike the channel, peeking out the air conditioning grille.Such a device makes it possible to produce a uniform distribution of air flow in all directions, which is particularly important for areas with a large area,
- Ceiling air conditioning differs little depth and unlike previous models, does not require the installation of a suspended ceiling.The downside of this solution is its visibility, but it is worth noting that this unit will allow to evenly distribute cool air in those rooms that do not have suspended ceilings.
- Columns air conditioner is used in areas where there are strict requirements for the degree of cooling, resulting in aesthetic sacrificed to efficiency.Because of its considerable weight and size of such installations are placed only on the floor and apparently most resemble a refrigerator.
Multi splits are more extensive system.In fact, the main difference is the need to take stock of all the indoor units to a single external and internal to every individual outdoor as simple split-systems.This scheme will save place on the wall outside and will raise the level of aesthetics, but it is worth remembering that in the event of failure of the outdoor unit all indoor units will also be inactive.In addition, the total cost of the final set, and the cost of its installation is not inferior to the individual installation of split systems.Such air conditioners, the installation of which permitted the emergence of a large number of difficulties - not often used in everyday use.
Advantages and disadvantages of the various types of air conditioners
Some people may decide that the appointment of times and the degree of the desired effect is more or less the same as at low cost and expensive models - there is no sense to overpay for a brighter packaging ora well-known brand.However, it is not.The differences between the models are significant, and only a start from the basic principles of operation will not be correct.
- level of background noise, producing operating equipment.Expensive models of air conditioners use high-quality and well-established components, capable of operating virtually silently.This is a noticeable difference, because air conditioners whose prices are low, usually quite noisy,
- effectively maintain the set temperature inside the building.Quite often the cheaper models of air conditioners are not able to hold the specified level of cooling, in consequence of which there is quite a noticeable temperature differences even within a small room where the temperature zones differ from each other by a few degrees.This difference is enough that a person could feel some discomfort.
- controllable direction of cooled air.Cheap conditioners, unlike effective split systems often fail to provide the owner to adjust the direction of flow, resulting in an inconvenience when mounting the conditioner and choice under its operation.
- reliability and durability.For obvious reasons, do not expect bought for little money conditioner eternal and uninterrupted operation, the quality is worth the money.
- Availability package of protective functions and additional settings.Expensive models are equipped with sensors monitoring temperature, frost protection when using low-temperature conditions, and other useful functionality, allows you to raise the level of comfort.
- It would not have been enough, but often do not think about the appearance.Budget models do not differ exquisite eye-catching design.
- protection against failures and voltage fluctuations.This problem is just more relevant to residents of typical apartments.The dramatic surge negative impact on low-cost air conditioners up to burn their electronic circuit boards.Expensive models have a good defense and, moreover, are able to operate at low voltages.
These differences are the main, but not the full list of features for which you should pay attention before buying an air conditioner.
Overview manufacturers of air conditioners
Among the companies that produce the most advanced and high-quality models of air conditioners, the leading position for many years occupied:
For four leaders of Japan, followed by no less well-known brands:
All models of these manufacturers are of high quality performance is only slightly behind the leaders in terms of the safety systems and durability.
reasonable choice would be climate products from manufacturers LG, Samsung, Hyundai and Chinese brands that occupy a strong position in the market.
But what air conditioning and choose from some models draw on.To do this, we divide the entire lineup into three sub-categories and call them overt favorites.
- Elite conditioners, reviews are always positive, this Mitsubishi.The best choice may be mentioned model HEAVY SRK20HG-S.At an average cost of $ 600, said model has a number of advantages:
- noise operation - only 26 dB (which is quieter than human whispering),
- filtering the cooled air through a system of four filters,
- automatic adjustment of the direction of flow of cooled airhorizontally and vertically using blinds,
- maximum performance is achieved in 15 minutes.
- conditioners Among the middle class the best choice is the model HHF 009-N11 of yet little-known manufacturers Airwell.Despite the absence of large-scale advertising company, said model proved to be excellent due to its characteristics.With a price of $ 400 air conditioning it has at its disposal a two-tier filtration system, even including antibacterial protection.Additional module self-diagnostics and self-cleaning is an important additional advantage in choosing this model.
- world-renowned manufacturer LG has released a line of inexpensive models of air conditioners, which nevertheless have the advantages of the more expensive climate control systems.Model G07LHS from LG uses ozone-safe Freon, automatic operation in the sleep mode, antibacterial protection and a triple air filter.The average price of this model, 360 dollars.
Tips for using the air conditioner
It is worth remembering that even the most reliable and expensive air conditioner may malfunction due to improper handling.Here are some tips to help avoid common mistakes:
- not recommended to use the maximum cooling modes (especially household wall air-conditioners),
- Air conditioners must be done before full deterioration of refrigerant,
- should be kept closed all the windows in order to avoidthe entry of air from the street.This will reduce the load on the compressor and increase the overall efficiency,
- filters split systems require constant cleaning, at least once in two weeks.It is enough to wash the net filter with warm water or a vacuum,
- climate system must have a direct connection from or energizing power cables, without perenosok,
- should avoid direct sunlight on the air conditioner external elements (or rather, the indoor unit systems),
- conditionersany type should not be used in rooms with high humidity,
- before use carefully read the instructions and comply with the correct execution of works on installation and commissioning of the system.