in private construction for the erection of walls of the house are still especially popular brick.Houses built of brick, can be found almost everywhere.But despite its excellent performance, this house needs insulation.Question insulation brick house is especially acute today, as the cost of energy is high enough and you have to save every killovat energy.The output in this situation is to create a reliable home insulation that can reduce heat loss to a minimum.All work on the arrangement of insulation can be done on their own, especially because of how warm brick house, no big deal.
- Specificity insulation brick house
- features brick walls
- insulation insulation materials
- plaster, insulation brick house
- Warming brick house outside
- Warming brick house inside
- Warming of the floor in a brick house
- Warminginside the walls of a brick house
- Warming of the attic and the roof of a brick house
Specificity insulation brick house
planning a warm brick house, it must be remembered that the warming of the house - it is a whole range of activities aimed at reducing heat loss through the roof,walls, floors and foundations.And to answer the question of how to insulate brick house will have to first find out from some bricks and a masonry house is built, consider types of insulation brick house and determine the materials for its warmth.
features brick walls
Unlike concrete or wooden walls, brick walls have a number of characteristics.Firstly, the walls can be from a corpulent or hollow brick.Depends on the thermal conductivity of a brick wall, the rate of which is in the middle between the tree 0.2 W / (m * K) and concrete 1.5 W / (mK) and 0.4 W / (mK).Secondly, the clutch may be a solid and with an air pocket (kolodtsevoy masonry).Depending on what type of brick used and what made masonry, changing the thickness of the walls, and along with this performance and the required thickness of the thermal insulation layer.
Important!The above are averages of thermal conductivity.Depending on the type of wood and the materials used for the production of bricks and concrete heat conductivity may fluctuate in one direction or another.So the concrete with the addition of expanded clay has a thermal conductivity of 0.66 W / (m · K), solid sand-lime brick 0.7 W / (m · K), and pine 0.09 W / (mK).Therefore, before embarking on a house wall insulation, it is important to know what they are made and what they thickness.
regards laying method should be noted that the solid masonry heater located throughout the area of the wall on one or both sides.The thickness of the layer depends on the thickness of the wall: the thicker the wall, the lower layer is required.In the case of kolodtsevoy masonry heater is placed inside the wall between the bricks.This approach is also known as plaster, insulation.It can provide additional insulation due to the air gap between the outer and inner walls, and when using a heat-insulating material can reduce heat loss by half.
Types of insulation
There are three kinds of insulation: external, internal, under plaster.External insulation is the most popular and involves placing insulation on the outside of the building.This approach will provide additional protection to the walls of the various types of natural phenomena.Unfortunately, the outer insulation of the brick house has its drawbacks - it is seasonal work and fairly high cost of materials.Interior house warming than insulating walls, provide insulation of ceiling, floor, attic and roof.Perform internal insulation can be almost any time of year.The third kind - plaster, insulation, it can be done only at the stage of building walls.Therefore, those who have already bought a house built, this type of insulation will fail.
characteristics of thermal insulation materials
choose materials for insulation brick house must be very carefully, paying attention to their characteristics.There are several reasons.Firstly, some insulation materials can only be used for interior decoration, some - only for outdoor.Secondly, the density of the material and its thermal conductivity will depend on the overall weight and thickness of the insulating layer.Thirdly, the stability of the material to various negative influences depends for its durability and ability to maintain its performance.Fourthly than a natural material, the better.Below are the main characteristics of a brief description, which should pay particular attention.
- Thermal conductivity .The lower the number, the smaller the thickness of the insulation.
- water absorption coefficient .As in the case of the conductivity, the smaller the value, the better.Water absorption material indicates its resistance to moisture absorption.
- density .In fact, this indicator displays the weight of the insulation.The higher it is, the harder the material.
- Flammability.There are four classes of flammability.Materials Class G1 stopped burning without the fire source, so their use is preferred in construction.
- durable material .With this indicator is simple.It indicates how much the material will last without losing its performance characteristics.
- steam-capacity .The ability of a material to "breathe", passing through the humid air itself will be very helpful if the internal insulation of the premises, which will only increase the comfortable stay in the house.
- Acoustic capacity .Some insulating materials have also excellent sound quality, allowing you to save on special soundproof materials.
- Sustainability .This figure indicates only natural materials and will be useful for those who want to make your home as safe as possible to stay in it.
- complexity of installation .This indicator only affects the speed and ease of installation that will be particularly useful for beginners in the construction business.
In modern building insulation brick house with their hands held a variety of materials.Here are the usual synthetic materials and natural again gaining popularity:
- Mineral wool .Perhaps the most commonly used insulation.Its thermal conductivity is 0,041-0,044 W / (m • K) and a density of 20 kg / m3 to 200 kg / m3.Among the shortcomings should be noted a high moisture absorption.More suitable for indoor insulation.
- Styrofoam (polystyrene) .The second most popular material for insulation.Thermal conductivity 0.033 - 0.037 W / (m • K), density of 11 to 35 kg / m3.This material virtually does not absorb moisture, but his ability is almost zero vapor permeability.In addition, it is fragile, flammable and combustion emits toxic substances.It can be used both inside and outside the building.
- Extruded polystyrene .Thermal conductivity 0.028 - 0.032 W / (m • K), density of 25 to 38 kg / m3.Unlike conventional foam extruded polystyrene stronger, but otherwise they are virtually identical.Suitable for external and internal works.
- Keramzit .The coefficient of thermal conductivity is between 0.10 and 0.18 W / (m • K), the density 200 - 800 kg / m3.Rather narrow range of applications.Mostly it added to the concrete for the foundation, or the construction of monolithic frame homes.It can also be used to vnutristenovogo warming.
- «warm» plaster .The thermal conductivity of 0.065 W / (m • K), density 200 - 340 kg / m3.The advantages of this material quite a lot - it's insulation, vapor permeability, low water permeability, non-flammability and so on.But there are two significant drawbacks.The first - a maximum layer of plaster should not exceed 50 mm, the second - a lot of weight, which entails the need to strengthen the foundation.But overall this is an excellent insulation for both external and internal works.
- cork insulation .The thermal conductivity of 0.045 - 0.06 W / (m • K), density 240 - 250 kg / m3.This natural material is ideal for interior insulation because of its performance.The only major drawback is the high degree of flammability.It is best used for internal insulation.
- Ecowool or cellulose wadding .The thermal conductivity of 0.032 - 0.038 W / (m • K), density 30 - 75 kg / m3.The resulting pulp processing ecowool perfectly absorbs moisture and does not tolerate mechanical stress.It is used for internal insulation.Typically, it is used for insulation of attics.
Getting insulation already built a brick house, you first need to do a small project by specifying in it all the areas requiring insulation from the materials used and their quantity.It should be remembered that, for internal and external works using various materials.If the house is under construction, all necessary calculations are specified in design documents and can only buy everything you need and start working.
plaster, insulation brick house
As noted earlier, this type of insulation can be carried out only at the stage of building walls.To do this, you must do the following:
- first doing masonry exterior walls, where every 5 rows of bricks inserted into the seam metal pin made of wire with a diameter of 5 mm.The length of the probe is chosen in such a way as to drown it by 2 - 3 cm and the remainder of the wire should be 2 - 3 cm larger than the thickness of the insulation material used;
- once built the outer wall height of 1 - 1.5 m, start the installation of thermal insulation in place, building materials on the pins;
- finally produce masonry interior walls, then again rises outside.And so to the top.
The above method is suitable for materials produced mats or plates, such as polystyrene, mineral wool or extruded polystyrene.You can also use and expanded clay.It will have to build a wall on the right, both the height of 1 - 1.5 m, leaving a gap between the 10 - 15 cm and are connected by metal pins in the masonry joints.Then fall asleep inside the concrete block and continue the construction of the walls.For this method of insulation should be selected coarse fraction expanded clay.Since it has a lower density and consequently its total weight is lower.
Important!You can not be limited to plaster, insulation brick house.Walls of the house can be additionally insulate from the outside.
Warming brick house outside
external insulation brick house is the insulation of walls, basement and outside walls of the basement.Technology insulation brick house is to clean the outside walls of the building of debris and dirt to further consolidate them multilayer thermal insulation on top of the pie, or arrangement of bare wall mounted design with an interior insulation.From the materials can be used polystyrene, extruded polystyrene, "warm" plaster.It is necessary to observe a simple rule - the sequence of arrangement of materials for thermal insulation of walls of brick house from the outside should be such that the water vapor at each subsequent layer increases towards the outer edge.
To perform wall insulation brick house outside of extruded polystyrene foam, or, do the following.Perform basic plastering walls to raze the main irregularities, then clean the surface of dirt and handle its primer.Then, in one of two ways, either to the glue or by means of dowels facade "umbrellas" fasten sheets of insulation to the wall.
If you select the first way, then, apply the adhesive to the surface of the sheet and press it firmly to the wall.The work is done from the bottom up, placing the sheets gradually row by row.In addition, each following row is displaced relative to the previous one, placing the sheets in a checkerboard pattern.So uncomplicated way achieved stability of the entire structure.When fixing by means of dowels facade perform the same operation, with the difference that the surface of the sheet adhesive is applied in dot small portions.Then, after fixing in the wall through the sheet zasverlivaem hole in which to insert the dowel.The resulting surface armiruem special mesh, plasterers and perform finishing paint or decorative plaster.
Video: insulation foam brick house outside
Another popular method of external insulation of walls is to provide a ventilated facade .Work on the creation of the following.The first thing to do is to place on the wall surface layer vapor barrier, then create and attach to the wall anchors a metal or wooden frame.After that, between the frame rails placed insulating material, over which is laid a layer of waterproofing.For the ventilated facade is most often used basalt or mineral wool.Heat and waterproofing materials fasten to the wall with the familiar facade anchors with a large hat.At the end of the set outer skin siding, porcelain or other material.
most simple and accessible option is the use of external insulation «warm» plasters .The work is to clean the walls of the mud, and then its surface is impregnated with a primer.Next to the wall is fixed mesh and plaster beacons, which will be applied to "warm" plaster.After drying, plastered walls can be finished with their decorative plaster "bark beetle", ceramic tiles, decorative brick facade, or just paint.
Warming basement and plinth brick house is done by analogy with the walls, with the only difference that the foundation is not accepted or cap to create a ventilated facade.Most often performed with foam insulation, extruded polystyrene, ceramic tiles, or "warm" plaster.
Warming brick house inside
heat loss through exterior walls is only part of the total heat loss.Most heat escapes through the roof and floor of the brick house.Of course, for a more reliable heat preservation can insulate the wall from the inside, and it will require very little effort.Consider the internal insulation brick building as its construction from the ground and finishing the roof.
Warming of the floor in a brick house
floors in a brick building it is best to insulate at the stage of its construction.In an already built house to make insulation can also be, but it is associated with increased labor costs.This is due to the need to disassemble and repair of existing wooden or concrete floors.Thermal insulation of floors is carried out using foam, extruded polystyrene, mineral and basalt wool or expanded clay.We should also highlight the system "warm floor", which in combination with conventional heaters will keep the heat and provide extra heating homes.
During the construction of a new home insulation of wooden floors as follows:
- create a design of lag and subfloor from water-resistant plywood, put them on top of a layer of waterproofing.At the edge of a waterproof material to start up lap and the edges of the perimeter passed to the top with an overlap of 10 - 15 cm;
- further laid the space between the joists insulation.Over the insulation, if desired, can be laid vapor barrier;
- following is a rough floor boards on top of which is placed finish flooring and flooring.
If the house has two floors or more, then the insulation of floors of the upper floors will be a ceiling and insulation in the brick house.In fact, it is necessary to create on the second floor of a wooden floor on joists with insulation inside.
Creating insulation already built in brick house begins with disassembly and repair of the wooden floor.Then, if necessary, performed excavation of excess soil, filling the new substrate of sand, gravel and compaction.Finally going to the construction of a log and insulation for the above-described scheme.
If the wooden floor is still possible to make out with minimal effort, the concrete will require a huge effort and a lot of time to remove the old ties.It is therefore essential to carry out insulation of concrete floors during construction of the house.The works themselves are as follows:
- after creation and compaction of soil cushion of sand and gravel, perform rough screed, laid on top of the waterproofing layer;To reduce the thermal conductivity of concrete it should be added to concrete block.Concrete floors used foam and extruded polystyrene.Especially when insufficient wall thickness or maximum insulation layer on the outside is not sufficient to retain heat.Internal insulation brick house or extruded polystyrene foam is highly undesirable because of the toxicity and flammability of materials.To preserve the operational properties of the attic insulation and roofing must be equipped with high-quality ventilation of roof space.