For optimum temperature in the room and optimize the cost of utilities, it is necessary to adjust the rate at which the coolant in the radiator.This task excellent job radiator thermostats.
Consider the features work and the installation of various types of thermostats, define the selection criteria for high-quality, reliable thermostat batteries.
- need to use the thermostat battery
- Types of thermostats: the device and operation of mechanical thermostats
- electronic thermostats
- liquid and gas-filled thermostats
- Install thermostats on radiators
- scheme for single mounting thermostatand two-pipe heating system
- rules competent installation
- sequence of installation thermostat thermostat setting
- Tips on choosing the optimal thermostat
need to use the thermostat battery
At arrangement of the heating system, many are wondering, "Do I need a thermostat on the battery? '.Today, when the accounts for the heat consumed b
Often tenants of apartment buildings have to open windows in winter to reduce the heat from the heated panels.The energy of the coolant is consumed irrationally.This is particularly noticeable for those who have installed heat meters.
thermostat (thermostat) radiator is a device that controls the atmosphere in the room.Some models have a programmable temperature at different times of day (day / night) and every single day.
use in conjunction with the thermostat heat meter - an effective way to reduce the cost of space heating
Additional benefits of thermostats for batteries include:
- improve the microclimate of housing;
- easy installation into the existing thermostat or a new heating system;
- operation of the device does not require any additional costs;
- ergonomic design thermostat fits into any interior space;
- wide temperature range of the thermostat (5-27 ° C);
- accuracy desired temperature +/- 1 ° C;
- uniform distribution of coolant throughout the chain of the heating system;
- fuel economy in autonomous systems as high as 25%.
Buying and installing thermostat batteries in private homes and cottages pays for one heating season
Set the thermostat for heating radiators in the apartments is particularly relevant for areas with significant temperature variations: kitchen, living room and "sun" room.
Types of thermostats: the device and operation
consider the classification of the thermostat battery for two main criteria:
- According to the principle of adjustment:
- By type thermal head of the working substance:
Mechanical thermostat battery consists of two main parts:
- thermostatic valve;
- element of high sensitivity (thermal head).
mechanism works smoothly and reliably without the involvement of external energy.The structure of the thermal head includes: the controller, the drive, as well as a gas or liquid operating element.
principle mechanical thermostat following:
- Under the influence of temperature changes the volume of coolant in the heating system.
- Bellows perceives the changes and moves the control spool.Movement of the spool associated with any change in the room temperature.
sensing element (liquid, gas) reacts to the movement of the rod - like changing the course allows you to adjust and control the flow of coolant in the radiator.
The operation thermostat may affect a variety of factors:
- draft or ventilation of the room;
- the outside temperature;
- the thermostat near sources of heat or cold (refrigerator, heater, piping hot).
Electronic thermostats Electronic thermostats
- a programmable microprocessor devices for adjusting and maintaining the temperature of housing.The thermostat provides automatic control of the elements of the heating system (pump, boiler, mixer).The customer is enough to expose the desired temperature, and its built-in sensor will adjust during the heating season.
main element of the electronic thermostat - temperature sensor that sends information about the temperature performance area in which it is installed.Termorigulyator responds to information and optimizes the mode to a predetermined temperature.
widespread digital thermostats with closed and open logic.
Electronic thermostats with closed logic have a permanent, well-defined operation algorithm which does not depend on the environment.You can control only the basic parameters.For everyday use of such a thermostat is enough.
Electronic thermostats open logic are freely programmable and can adapt to any system in which it will be used.Most such devices are used in industrial areas as programming or changing settings it is time consuming and must be carried out by specialists of high qualification.
In everyday life, and not rarely used conventional electronic thermostats , like mechanical counterparts, but with an electronic display.They work in simple mode.For their work enough to set the temperature that will be maintained continuously, or set allowable range of temperature fluctuations.
Electronic thermostats operate on batteries and come complete with chargers.
Liquid and gas-filled thermostats
The working medium thermal head is usually a gas or liquid (paraffin).I must say that the cheaper and more common - liquid thermostats.However, the gas-filled thermostats accurately and quickly respond to changes in pressure inside the bellows.
Pros design a gas-filled thermostat:
- condensation of the gas is cooled in the device remote from the valve body, so the thermostat does not depend on the temperature of the water (coolant);
- thermostat is very sensitive to temperature fluctuations facilities that can effectively control the heat gain.
Install thermostats on radiators
Schemes mounting thermostat for one- and two-pipe heating system
When installing the thermostat on the battery in the pipe system will have to change the wiring of the radiator and an extra jumper - bypass.
Bypass will connect the line and the coolant return pipe.This will run the coolant during the overlap of the battery.Also it is possible to dismantle the radiator - enough to close the valves (3 and 4 in the figure).
In two-pipe heating system thermostat is set at the top of the feed pipe and the valve is mounted on the bottom.
Explanation of code:
- feed riser;
- mechanical or electronic thermostat;
- bottom valve;
- bypass (jumper);
- reverse riser;
Terms competent installation
thermostat will run smoothly and efficiently, if the installation is made correctly, in compliance with all the rules:
- can install thermostats on aluminum, steel radiators and bimitalicheskie.Set the thermostat to iron battery is not desirable because of the high inertia of the alloy.
- Altitude thermostat - not less than 80 cm.
- water from the heating system before installing it is necessary to lower the thermostat.
- should be sufficient space for easy configuration of the manual thermostat.
- Automatic thermostat must not be behind thick fabric or decorative draperies screens battery - the device reacts to the temperature inside the box, and not in the room.This rule can be circumvented by setting the thermostatic element with remote sensor (the distance from the valve to the sensor 2 - 8 meters).Alternatively, the thermostat can be placed on the horizontal portion of the system near the point of entry into the radiator.
- in private homes Installation of thermostats have to start from the upper floors in the apartment - a room with a significant temperature fluctuations (kitchen, living room).
- At the end of the heating season, the thermostat should be opened to the valve seat to no precipitate formed.
Installation sequence thermostat battery
Consider installing stages of thermostat on a radiator:
- Shut off the supply riser and drain the water from the heating system.
- a short distance from the radiator is necessary to cut off the horizontal pipe liner.
- Cut the pipeline and the existing stop valves, disconnect the battery.
- When installing the thermostatic device-pipe heating systems additionally the jumper is welded between the pipes supply and discharge of coolant.
- From the thermostat valve and shut-off valve lift shafts with nuts, after which they must be wrapped in a radiator cap.
- Assemble piping and install it on the selected location.
- The installed piping to connect with horizontal feed pipes.
diameter bypass should be one size smaller than the diameter of lead pipes.For example, the pipeline ¾ inch diameter trailing portion should be ½ inch
Setting the thermostat
Mechanical thermostat must be configured after installation - set the optimum temperature in the room.To this end, the following actions:
- Minimize heat loss from the room: close windows, doors, vents, turn off the hood.
- thermometer placed in the room where the battery is installed.
- Turn the thermostat head to the left until it stops and open the valve completely.In this position maximizes the heat sink.
- Once the room warmed by 5-6 degrees, to block the flow of coolant, having turned the thermostat head to the right.
- The room temperature will gradually decrease, and when it reaches the optimum performance, it is necessary to slowly open the valve.
- valve opens so long until you hear the sound of water (the valve head at this time should be warmer).
- valve should be left in position.
The electronic thermostat is enough to put on display the desired temperature.If functionality allows - you can select temperature mode for daytime and night-time, for different days of the week, for example, intense heating of the room during the weekend, and economical - on weekdays.This method is ideal for country houses and cottages, where the hosts appear only on the weekend.
Tips on choosing the optimal thermostat
to buy a thermostat for radiators and eventually not regret his purchase, you need to take a responsible approach to the selection of a thermostat, and consider some important points:
- automatic temperature control more "manual" instrumentbut they do not require constant adjustment and are equipped with additional functions.
- Buying thermostat is necessary to check compliance with the size of the valve pipe size.The valves are of two types: RTD-G and RTD-N.
- RTD-G are used in one-pipe heating system in every room and two-pipe heating systems of private houses without circulating pumps;
- RTD-N is used in two-pipe heating systems of new buildings and cottages with a circulation pump.
- better to give preference thermostats reliable manufacturers, whose products are proven in the market of heating devices.These companies include:
- liquid thermostats let Oventrop (Germany), Far and Caleffi (Italy), "Teplokontrol» and «Danfoss» (Pocciya);
- gas-filled thermostat - «Danfoss» (Pocciya).
- thermostat must have a certificate and a guarantee from the producer of at least 3 years.
particularly efficient from an economic point of view, the use of thermostats panels in private homes and cottages with central heating, in apartments as a central supply of coolant, the use of thermostats can improve the indoor climate by establishing a more comfortable temperature.