With the onset of winter want to see the house was warm and cozy.Electric boiler is able to provide comfortable accommodation in a private or a country house in the cold season.On the market there are many models of electric boilers for various heating systems.When the choice has been made, there is a problem, and how to properly install an electric heating boiler.Let us examine this matter.
- general concept of electric boilers and their views
- Advantages and disadvantages of electric boilers
- Safety rules when installing electric boiler
- How to calculate the appropriate power of the electric boiler
- Installing electric boiler heating
- Tips for installing an electric boiler
general concept of electric boilers and their views
Electric boiler is part of the heating system.The main function - heating and water supply system.The principle of operation of the electric boiler is to transform electric energy into heat, thus the effic
Electric boilers are divided into:
1. rheostat or Tenova - are the main heating element that warms the water.In this case, the power of the boiler depends on the power of the heating elements.
- easy installation,
- temperature control sensors,
- affordable price.
- appearance scum on the heating elements,
- the need for frequent replacement of the resistors.
2. Electrode or direct action - the principle of operation of the boiler is in the passage of electric current through the water and heat it on heating.Such boilers are compact and safety.Since the water molecules are split into ions on the surface of the boiler does not appear scum, unlike the resistors.
3. Induction - have the highest efficiency, while not using heating elements.Spetsmaterialy made of magnetic chemical compounds under the action of current generate heat.Such boilers are safe.They have the highest value.
Advantages and disadvantages of electric boilers
Among the advantages of release:
- absence of an open flame.
- not leave waste.
- Easy adjustment of temperature.
- quite high control tower.
- Easy installation: no chimney.
- takes up little space, do not require additional space to accommodate.
- Current models allow you to choose the boiler that perfectly fit into the interior.
- not require a chimney or ventilation systems.
- Environmentally friendly - do not emit harmful substances.
Disadvantages of electric boilers:
- high cost.
- When power failure stops boiler operation.
- When choosing the boiler heating element on it settles scale, that provoke a sharp increase in energy consumption.
- room where the boiler is installed, must necessarily have a high-quality insulation.Otherwise, a lot of heat is wasted, which will significantly increase the power consumption.
Safety rules when installing electric boiler
Before installing an electric boiler read the safety rules:
- Make sure the power is disconnected.
- Do not install the boiler near running water or near water sources.
- When installing the electric boiler can not use the shut-off valve.
- essential element of the plant is earthed.
- Before you install the boiler, you must obtain permission from the special services.
- Trust repair the electric boiler only an experienced electrician.
- Make sure that the boiler output is suitable for the wiring.
- The instructions given optimum distance location of the boiler.
- material from which the mounting wall has to be nonflammable.
How to calculate the appropriate power of the electric boiler
In today's market there are many different models of electric boilers.Before you buy, decide how much power is needed to heat the boiler room.Note the difference in the temperature indoors and outdoors, the state of windows, doors, floors, number of rooms.The boilers have a capacity of 2 to 60 kW.For individual use of heating boilers with capacity from 2 to 20 kW.
estimates the power using the formula:
- F-power boiler
- S - area of the premises
- F1 - boiler capacity of 10 square meters.But each region has its own climate average power:
- southern regions - 0.7-0.9 kW
- For the average climatic zone - 1-1.2 kW
- to northern latitudes - 1.2-2 kW
- F = S * F1 / 10
example, to install the electric boiler in northern latitudes in the room 60m² required power is calculated as follows: 60 * 1.2 / 10 = 7.2 kW - the minimum capacity of an electric boiler.
To the room was really warm, it is necessary to take into account some other factors:
- quality insulation,
- number of rooms,
- the number and size of windows,
- the basement and attic,
- krsi warming,
- specific climatic characteristics of the region,
- ventilation mode.
In general, such a calculation is quite complicated, and ordered the professionals.But in practice, the feasibility of such action is only available when it comes to a room with an area of over 150 m2.For a more compact enough apartments to the above formula, add 1.5 kW - this will be the minimum output of the boiler.
Installing electric boiler heating
Electric heating boilers about the method of fixing are divided into:
difference when installing these kinds of insignificant.Wall boiler mounted on the wall and floor to floor.The rest of the installation principle is the same.
To start, prepare the necessary tools:
- drill or a hammer,
- fastening profile and the mounting strap,
- Wiring harness,
- certain number of pipes,
- Keys to connect the boiler to the heating system,
- cable with a specific section,
- Pipes: metal or of metal and plastic,
- Arrangement electric boiler.
When you install electric boilers do the following:
- Start with markup.With a pencil, draw the location and the level of the boiler.Try to install the boiler in a room away from the water system.
- With the drill or punch, drill the necessary holes, make sure that the wall easily support the weight of the boiler.
- Attach the mounting profile and a mounting bracket.Bubble level to measure flatness fixtures.It is important that the boiler has been secured to the wall.By using dowels, attach the boiler.
- To install the floor of the boiler to the floor, attach a special metal stand.
- The next step is to install the ground.Some models of electric boilers do not work without grounding or lights special light that warns of the absence of grounding.The boiler without grounding is dangerous for the home and for people who live in it.It is advisable to bring a separate line power supply, since the power is not always possible to connect the boiler to the usual introductory machine.
- To set the ground to do the center of the earth.It is more metallic pins which are interconnected valves.Pins bury in the ground.When the boiler is connected to a separate machine from a neutral wire is carried to these pins.Thus, the excess surge into the ground.
- It is important to calculate the wire size.The higher the power, the greater the cross-section.How to choose the right cross section Photo:
- Once the boiler is hanging on the wall of the machine to carry out a cable to a specific section.If the boiler has a capacity of up to 6 kW, connect it to a single-phase machine, if the capacity is from 6 to 12 kW - a two-phase, and if more than 12 kW - need to connect a three-phase machine.For single-phase connection of the boiler to buy a single-phase machine safety.When connecting the three-phase boiler connect wires M1, M2, M3.Ground cables are connected to the bus on the panel.Grounding is a separate bus.
- next to the boiler, set the residual current device.
- separate wire wire sensor temperature control and timer.
- If electric and expansion tank is mounted in a pot, then made their installation.With the help of fasteners and install an electric expansion tank.The pump is installed next to the boiler on the water supply pipe.Advantages of the expansion tank:
- providing hot water for domestic needs,
- avoid overheating of the electric boiler,
- energy savings.
- between the boiler, electric pump and expansion vessel to each other using metal-plastic or metal pipes.
- Try to hide all the electrical wires in the cable channels.Install protective cover.
- next stage - the connection of the boiler to the heating system.To start to cut off the water via the stopcock.With flanges and couplings to attach the boiler pipe.
Arrangement electric boilers:
- final stage - Connect the boiler to the power supply.Before that, make sure that the ground held and all cables are connected properly.The distance between the contacts must be 0.03 cm. As soon as the machine started, turn the water supply and check operation.
- If you need to delete the excess air from the system and check the boiler in all modes.This is done by using a pump or compressor, creating the necessary pressure.
Tips for installing an electric boiler
- If the installation of the boiler is made to the heating system, which has been used before, then it must be thoroughly rinsed with special means.
- best to use the electric boiler, as an additional option to heat the room.
- In the absence of skills in working with electrical appliances - entrust the installation of electric boiler specialists.
- If installed boiler refers to the type of electrode, it is necessary to install the following components: pressure gauge, air vent valve, check valve.
- When using an open shut-off valve must be installed.
- best to ground wire copper cable cross-section, which is 4 mm.
- On the one hand leave room for technical work in the boiler malfunctions.
- on the back line of the heating system, set the filter.