radiators are called heating device, consisting of various types of cavities within which circulates hot substance.As such a material, usually acts as water, but may also apply other kinds of liquid (usually used in the individual construction).This article will compare and aluminum radiators, bimetal.
- Aluminium radiators
- aluminum radiators Advantages Disadvantages
- aluminum radiators
- Bimetallic radiators Bimetallic
- The best aluminum radiators
- Disadvantages of bimetallic radiators
- aluminum and bimetal radiators difference
- How to calculate the required number of sections of the radiator
radiators are used widely in those areas in which you need to create comfortable living conditions and finding a man in the cold season.Also, such devices are referred to as batteries.They are connected to the central heating system or an individual (autonomous) and heated the room by radiat
In appearance, the radiators can be divided into several basic types:
- sectional - radiators consist of separate sections connected to each other, these units can be installed in any quantity, and thus vary the size of the device and, hence,its heating capacity (thermal power).This is achieved due to the fact that the size of standard and interchangeable sections, heat transfer occurs through convection and radiation;
- columnar or tubular - an advanced form of cell battery, radiator and consists of sections and the main difference is that each department has a number of tubes that can be placed in rows 2 to 6 in the same section, the returnheat only occurs by convection;
- panel or plate - a flat battery, which are smooth or profiled.They consist of vertical panels (usually at least two) which is located between the convection plate to increase thermal power, to mount more than two plates into a single structure, this type of radiator refers to modern models, manufacturers offer products with installed thermostatic valves, largeof the heat in the room is given by radiation.
All modern heating devices differ in appearance, quantity of heat, the size as well as the material from which they are made.If previously used basically only cast iron or steel, but today such a battery is replaced by aluminum or bimetal radiators.What is the main difference between the two modern types of batteries?In order to understand this, it is necessary to understand in more detail the operating principle and technology of each type.
- radiators made of aluminum, are the best choice for heating both the central heating system and a stand-alone.One feature of aluminum radiators is that when the matter in which the acidity of the circulated water in them.
- first heating system of aluminum put into operation in Italy in the mid-20th century.Gaetano Gruppioni was the first who developed the technology to produce radiators of this metal, the production was low tide methods under high pressure.And in 1965, these batteries came into mass production.
- The design of aluminum radiators may be sectional or panel.The most common in the Russian market can be found devices consisting of heating sections and connected by nipples.Between elements such established special seals.Most current models are equipped with rubber seals.If the battery is installed in the house heated aqueous excipient, the material from which the gasket is made does not matter, if the heat carrier is any antifreeze (antifreezes based on ethylene glycol, propylene glycol or glycerol, e.g., «Hot Blood», «AVT-ECO-30 "," HNT »,« DIXIS »and many others), the rubber seals soon will break down.In this case, it is recommended to purchase devices with paronite gaskets or make them self-installation (ie, purchased separately).
- also one of the most important indicators is the operating pressure of the acquired unit.The standard radiators the indicator corresponds to the value in 7-18 atmospheres.Operating pressure reinforced aluminum radiators up to 25 atmospheres.This parameter is required to be taken into account, buying new equipment.Typically, in multi-storey buildings the pressure in the pipes is 7-10 atmospheres, but it is always better to have a small margin.For a country house, often, this figure does not exceed 6 bar, and is sufficient to install the battery with a standard value.
Advantages of aluminum radiators
- ease - due to the fact that aluminum has a low specific weight, and products made from this metal gets enough light (weight of one section is in the range of 1-1.5kg), the figure affects the transportation and installation of products that are as simple as possible;
- compactness - unlike iron batteries, aluminum radiators occupy much less space, its width is typically less than 10 cm;
- high heat - it is also one of the main indicators of aluminum, thanks to this quality, the heater is able to quickly warm up the air in the room;
- high operating pressure - this figure is very important for the smooth operation of the heater, as if the working pressure of the radiator is less than the pressure of the heating system, the gap material may occur, which will lead to an emergency;
- can set any number of sections - the larger sections of the instrument, the more power it has, and, hence, more spacious room can warm;
- high efficiency - due to effective heat transfer of aluminum;
- possible to adjust the temperature - some models are equipped with a special thermostat;
- visual appeal - usually the manufacturer is trying to give its products the most aesthetic, so that you can install the battery perfectly into any interior;
- if the main criterion for the choice of aluminum or bimetal radiators is the price, then the choice will be in favor of the first option.
course, have an aluminum radiator and disadvantages, which should also be aware before purchasing the equipment.
Disadvantages aluminum radiators
- dependence on the pH level of the water - the indicator should be in the range of 7-8 per cent, as at some level is often the metal fails, begin to appear corrosive education, which overeventually lead to the failure of the radiator;
- need for venting - the system must be installed completely on all aluminum radiators, as otherwise it may break the device sections because of the possibility of gas formation;
- to connect the product to be made of aluminum tubes of the same metal - if you do not observe this point, the process will take a maximum rust rapidly and will soon need to replace the battery;
- possible occurrence of leaks in the joints of the sections with each other;
- bulk of the heat is concentrated on the edges of the battery, that is, there is his uneven;
- short life in the range of 5-15 years, depending on the manufacturer, but it's worth noting that some manufacturers of these products could achieve a long operational period, which is 20-25 years;
- low convection;
- in the absence of the inner polymeric layer not block valves on the inlet pipe;
- installation errors also lead to damage to the radiator, ie data work should trust the professionals.
batteries are made of pure aluminum or of an alloy of aluminum and silicon (silumin).This composition has a large index of durability and strength, it is resistant to corrosion in alkaline or weakly acid medium.There are three basic versions of radiators:
- alloy sections, each performed separately and are easily connected to each other into a single structure;
- extruded section, when one section of several elements joined together (usually three);
- combined radiators, in this embodiment, combined first and second type.
casting sections performed at high pressure, the elements are connected to each other threaded parts.Compounds sealed special pads that can be made of rubber or paronita.Feature radiators of aluminum is that their designs have thinner ribs which are disposed within each section.With this device achieved the maximum rate of heat transfer.
- standard size aluminum radiator is the thickness (depth) of 10 cm, height between 35 and 100 cm, and the width of one section is 8 cm. In area aluminum heat battery is given in two ways - by radiation and convection (i.e., warm air, according to the lawsPhysics, rises from the bottom up, and so gradually heats the whole room).
- One variety of anodized aluminum instruments are considered products.These radiators are made of aluminum (highly clean) to oxidation ANAD.This effect alters the structure of the metal and increases its characteristics, particularly resistance to rusting.An additional advantage of this device is the fact that the heat transfer is greatly improved.The elements are connected together by special couplings instead of nipples.Operating pressure is in the range 50-70 atmospheres.
- radiators modern market offers a fairly wide range of instruments made of aluminum.They can be both domestic and foreign production.The main difference is that foreign manufacturers very carefully think through the design of its products, but also some features may be much higher.However, there is one major drawback, which is that these batteries can be installed only under ideal conditions, the heating system, otherwise the product fairly quickly fail.
main producers of aluminum radiators:
- The main feature of these products is that they are produced by a unique technology.In the manufacture of such a combination of radiators two metals (the prefix "bi" means two).These metals include aluminum and steel.Due to this combination in the heater occur simultaneously properties of aluminum radiators (sectional) and steel (tube).This type of product is considered to be the best choice for heating systems in Russia as a stand-alone (private housing construction) and centrally (apartment buildings) principle.
- heatsink is a steel pipe, which passes inside the aluminum sections.Such technology is an ideal solution for the Russian realities, where the practice of steel heating pipes (risers).The inner part of the steel pipe is joined to the heating and perfectly withstands any applied pressure, and the section of aluminum provide a high thermal conductivity.
- Bimetallic radiators are a bit more expensive than aluminum, as used for the manufacture of more complex technology.Reliable manufacturers use a method of injection molding.To date, there is a cheaper technology, which is used when spot welding.Even despite the fact that the sections are not continuous but connected batteries have excellent strength characteristics.Elements of different metals are very tightly fitted to each other so that between them there remains even air gap.
The best aluminum radiator bimetallic
coolant volume is small and while providing sufficient heat;
- not matter chemical composition of the heating fluid;
- support a lot of pressure - an indicator of the operating pressure can reach 35 atmospheres, and sometimes even above;
- sections have a reliable seal - is used for laying sections of a material such as Asbestos, which is more practical than rubber and can withstand most coolants, even aggressive;
- high safety factor - due to the presence of a steel pipe in the design, which shows excellent resistance to corrosion processes and mechanical stress;
- stain resistant - occurs in two stages, the first - the radiator is completely immersed in a bath of dye composition (anaphoresis technology), and the second step is the deposition of the coloring solution based on epoxy polyester, moreover, today you can find not only productsin the white version, but also in different colors;
- long operational life - 25 years or more, due to the use in the construction of a steel pipe, as well as through the use of two-step staining technique that preserves lasting color throughout the entire period of operation;
- good heat dissipation - through efficient heat transfer between the aluminum body and the coolant;
- ease of assembly and installation - thanks to the low specific weight and building technology sections directly on site;
- ergonomics and design at the highest level - this indicator is not inferior to aluminum products.
Disadvantages of bimetallic radiators
- The main disadvantage of these products include their high price, but given their greater strength and reliability, we can say that this cost is fully justified.As a rule, bi-metal battery is recommended to install it in the flats high-rise buildings, as here there is a greater operating pressure of the heating system.
- second disadvantage is manifested in incorrect use of batteries.Steel core at single contact with the air and water can be subjected to the process of rusting.This happens in cases where the completion of the heating period water is drained from the radiator.It is also possible, if used as an antifreeze coolant.
- Bimetallic radiators are made of aluminum (outer casing) and steel (interior design), sometimes were replaced with copper.The thickness of the internal coating of the steel is 2.5 mm, it is enough to withstand the high operating pressure (up to 40 atmospheres), and firmly resist corrosion for many years.