Stretch ceilings are highly effective and modern solution for the repair of premises for different purposes.To date, the market finishing materials they occupy a leading position due to the large set of positive qualities.There are two main types of suspended ceilings, well-known to consumers: a web of PVC film and fabric ceilings.It looks pretty drapery fabric ceiling, and most importantly, unique!And if you have prepared more than one version of the fabric, you can often change the interior of your premises.
- History fabric ceiling
- Features tissue webs
- Cloth ceiling with his hands
- Prepare the ceiling for finishing
- first way of mounting ceiling
- second way of mounting ceiling
History fabric ceiling
Quite a long time appeared on the market of PVC fabric.This material has been actively used in the 60 years of the twentieth century.About stretch ceilings Russian consumers have learned in 1995-96.But fabric paintings
However, more of the ancient world came to us the first mention of the use of fabric ceiling as a coating.Strained silk overlap underceiling space in ancient Egypt, Rome and Greece.Similarly prepared hide flaws that were in the main ceiling.Also, these paintings were used to decorate the premises.But still I had such designs are often changed, so that over time accumulate dust cloth, turned yellow and sagged.
known to history and other examples of the use of fabric ceiling.For example, so far in Armenia manufacture of tissue stretch ceiling is kept secret.There is a method, which is practiced by the old masters: chalky solution impregnated cloth around the perimeter of the premises secured the fabric raw, then cotton fitted by dry chalk.The result was a smooth and perfectly flat surface.But this tissue has such a stretch ceiling the same drawbacks as the paintings that were made in the ancient world: the accumulation of dust and fragility.
In the middle of the 20th century, there is an active development of the chemical industry.And there is nothing surprising that the invention of PVC it was used for the ceiling as a finishing material.At the end of the 90s it was invented by a completely new fixture, and existing material is not appropriate.In the study took three years.And the result was the production of fabrics poliestovoy fairly complex weave that produces the looms, and then impregnated with polyurethane.
Features tissue webs
Experts say some pretty important qualities that distinguish fabric ceilings:
- strength.Polyester fabric in comparison with the film is much stronger - about v15-20 times.This allows you to not be afraid of accidental damage, such as children or darts champagne corks.Not so easy to rip the fabric such an acute angle or scratch it.And the ceilings of the films still require careful attitude.
- breathability.Such a fabric canvas for suspended ceilings are the basis of micropores through their ceiling "breathe", ie, does not prevent the circulation of air currents in the room and creates a very good acoustics.
- seamless.Cloth made ceilings rolls whose width is up to 5.1 meters, unlike PVC film having a width not exceeding 3.5 meters.It allows no overlap welds rather broad areas.Experts say that the weakest point of a weld film ceiling.The ceiling can break here.
- technology installation.Installation of the fabric web is safer.It is not necessary to heat using heat guns premise that it is necessary in case of installation of PVC film.No need to make heat-sensitive items from the room, so the installation process is reduced.Stretch fabric ceilings exact size of the room does not require due to inaccurate measurement missed deadlines mounting is not possible.Cloths simply attach a special prints, and then stretched.Seamless ceiling due to this quality of love and installers, and independent craftsmen.
- Sustainability.Stretch ceilings cloth you can install in any room (in the nursery, too), because they have no smell.Even quite expensive film ceilings after installation within a few days have a specific odor.Polyester fabric, moreover, antistatic quality and ensures that no condensation and dust.
- decorative function.If you wish, stretch fabric ceilings can turn into a real masterpiece.The cloth can be repainted just color using acrylic paint or decorate hand painted.For such materials, printing is also available.Fabric stretch ceilings are suitable for multi-level and curvilinear designs.
- resistance to temperature variations.Fabric stretch ceilings are not afraid of the cold or heat.Therefore, it is set in its seasonal, construction and non-heated (underground parking, loggia, cottages, garages).At temperatures below 10 degrees PVC film may crack and become brittle.
The main drawback of these paintings is the price of fabric suspended ceilings, it is much more than the cost of PVC film.A square meter of fabric of European manufacturers is about 600 rubles.The price effect is that such ceilings are made exclusively abroad, as well as the quality of the material itself.Some of the popular themselves manufacturers - CERCOR (Germany), CERUTTI (Italy), CLIPSO (Switzerland).Russian manufacturers is only mastered a technique of manufacturing ceilings of PVC film.
Besides the high cost of fabric suspended ceilings, paintings and other inherent disadvantages:
- not too convenient that only after the installation, you can paint them with acrylic paints or paint.
- ceilings of polyester fabric in case of flooding can not fully retain moisture.
- does not provide a ceiling mount again.
Fabric ceilings are suitable for decoration in various areas, for example, in the nursery, because the ceilings are not afraid of any external influences - in the form of hit the ceiling of the ball accidentally (but only if it is not a pair of scissors or a knife), or in the kitchen,since the fabric is easy to care.
Cloth ceiling with his hands
depending on the size of the ceiling in the room need to decorate the surface of 2-3 meters high quality fabric, for example, the German portiere, as shown in the video of tissue stretch ceiling.
Prepare the ceiling for finishing
during the construction of the ceiling, and the tissue sticking to the surface of the tissue is necessary to adhere to the following steps: a well-aligned and oshkurivat surface for perfect smoothness of the surface, pull tight, like a canvas on a frame, and at the same timereveal irregularities in the ceiling.
To perform these actions required at the beginning to clear any debris from the ceiling, all the cracks and cracks repaired plaster and dry, as well as to remove roughness by sanding with sandpaper.The ceiling should be stains can protrude through the fabric, they need to seal a thin foil made of aluminum or a coat nitroemali.
If the surface has oil paint, it must first be washed with a solution of water to which is added soda, and then thoroughly dried.Thereafter, it is recommended sandpaper all clear.
first way of mounting ceiling
for mounting tissue stretch ceiling is necessary to prepare the ceiling profile, aluminum is considered to be the best, which is more reliable and durable.In the middle of the profile fixed tissue, leaving the stock equal to 5-6 centimeters.Cloth tightens in small increments, while trying to maximize the level it.You start from the middle of the room to its corners, moving in both directions.
Fix the sheet while moving in a baguette, and at the end in the corners of the profile of its anchoring.If the fabric has creases, they can be removed with a hair dryer building.These places warms smooth circular motions, with hair dryer keep a distance of 20 centimeters from the fabric and set the temperature to 180 degrees.Then we finished the installation, close the protruding pieces profile delete, then you need to make the installation of decorative caps.
second way of mounting ceiling
There is one rather interesting way to self-installation tissue stretch ceiling.Zagotovte wooden beams with a cross section of each angle of 2 to 3, they can quickly make any building workshop.It is best to book length timber 50 centimeters longer measurements, due to the fact that in consequence the angles to be podpilki.For yellow hue and for the treatment of the boards should be used "Penateks."
also need eight corners and metal tape fastener, which can be purchased at stores for sewing.Next, make a frame that will be hung on the ceiling surface.Special stapler attach tough side of the tape on the exposed beams, glued in front of this liquid nails.
Finished frame located under the lamp, when suddenly it is not transparent, then need a more powerful lamp.If you choose a transparent or thin fabric, the fit of conventional lighting.Now all you have to bring to the ceiling resulting structure.Unusually decide if circuits and take them to be hung from a ceiling frame, and fixing to the ceiling done by means of the pipe.
After screwing hooks in the frame and setting the fabric stretched ceiling with his hands there only to admire his work.This design is practical and very reliable.If you have turned on the walls of distortions in mounting frame on chains, the important point will be the adjustment of the desired suspension on a chain link to reach all corners of the parallels.
more convenience lies in the ability to easily remove the structure from the ceiling, removing a pair of hooks on one side of the circuit.Came down from the ceiling frame can be quickly and easily removed from it for its replacement tissue to another or for washing.To do this, you need only to remove the fabric with Velcro.