are underway, and every year the ceiling finishes are becoming more and more.Now they can not just whitewash, paint and wallpaper paste, but to finish the panels, equipped with stretch and suspended ceilings.The choice is so large and diverse that it's hard to stop something specific that would satisfy all the needs of modern man.Cassette ceilings - universal version, which is suitable not only for public places, cinemas, restaurants, cafes, hotels, discos and night clubs, hospitals and other institutions, but also for upgrading premises - living room, kitchen, bathroom, hall and others.This article focuses on how, what are the coffered ceiling, what they are and how to install them.
- advantages and disadvantages coffered ceiling elements
- Types of tapes of different materials
- Installation coffered ceiling open-
- Plans coffered ceiling
- Installing wall-attached profile
- mount hangers
- basic installation guide Installation
- intermediateInstallation guide
- cassettes or panels
- features coffered ceiling mounting gated
- coffered ceiling installation: Video - User
advantages and disadvantages coffered ceiling
coffered ceiling are a kind of suspended ceilings and are suspendedthe design of the profiles and decorative tapes or panels, the front side of which may have a different design, color and texture.In order not to miscalculate, let's see, what are these ceilings have advantages and some disadvantages.
Benefits coffered ceiling :
- does not require pre-treatment, its alignment.Fastening profiles can be installed on any solid foundation - concrete or wood.Cassette ceiling will hide all the flaws of the surface.
- For coffered ceiling can be hidden Communications: electrical wiring, ventilation ducts, gas pipes, cables and wires for various purposes, such as the Internet.
- Unhindered access to communications.Unlike other suspended structures such as plasterboard ceilings, access to these communications is possible at any time without additional operations to dismantle or repair.Just remove one or several cassettes / panels and can be freely repair or pereprokladyvat network.
- cassettes or panels can be easily changed for new ones, if they have been damaged due to mechanical impact or become wet because of the flood from the top.
- In place of the cassette can be installed other equipment: lighting (lighting raster), heaters (infrared heaters, air-conditioning with hot air) and ventilation.The size of cells and the cassettes are standardized, they are produced by some models of such equipment specially.And the same fixtures or ducts simply connect the wires and put in a cell frame.
- Moistureproof tape / panel in aluminum or glass are not afraid of moisture, mold and mildew.They can be installed in a bathroom, shower, swimming pool and other places with high humidity.
- Exceptional ease of installation, which can easily handle any host.
- acceptable price, especially considering the durability coffered ceiling and the possibility of replacing its elements.
- huge range of colors and textures - matte, glossy, "velvet" mirror.
- Ability to perform the frame as a visible (open system) and invisible (hidden system).Cassettes for these systems are different and structurally characterized as profiles.
As you can see so many advantages that it seems impossible to find anything better.But do not be so fascinated, in this structure, there are drawbacks.
Disadvantages coffered ceiling :
- Suspension design lowers the level of the ceiling of 15 - 25 cm. The minimum height - 15 cm. For rooms with low ceilings is quite critical, so it makes sense to find something else and give up falsethe ceiling at all.
- In an open system, coffered ceiling visible profiles.Many people may not like it.
- Even in the version with a closed frame system still visible grid, which is formed by the edge of the cassettes.It gives the room some razlineennost.
- cost profiles for the coffered ceiling is greater than for suspended structures of plasterboard, since they are more aesthetic, they decorated the front side.
Perhaps all the shortcomings quite a bit.From all of the above it can be concluded that the installation can only be coffered ceiling in rooms with high ceilings and if the owners are satisfied with the mere sight of the ceiling of his razlineennost.In areas with high humidity, you can use only tape of metal or glass, as they are non-hygroscopic.
coffered ceiling kits are sold or in part.The number of items representative of the company calculates on the basis of floor space.It is always best to take stock, but small.For example, the mirror panels we can take a little more, as they can break, but aluminum - a strong, damage them during installation wise.
Total coffered ceiling mounting need these elements:
- Support section T15 or T24 (15 mm and 24 mm - the width of the bottom shelf) with a length of 3600 mm or 3700 mm.Most often made of aluminum.The bottom shelf is done under color of the panels.
- Intermediate rails / profiles of T15 or T24 600 mm or 1200 mm.Equipped with special latches that help to easily collect the frame by inserting them in holes or fasteners carrier profile.
- trim profile or Area 3 m. Product Height 24 mm, width of the bottom shelf of 19 mm.
- suspension on springs for extra fixing the main guide to the ceiling.It can also be used suspension clamp.
- cassettes or panels, which are inserted into the cell structure.
All the elements of the suspension system must be purchased from a single vendor, or different elements simply can not approach each other.
Types of tapes of different materials
undeniable advantage coffered ceiling is the fact that they themselves cassettes or panels can be made of different materials, different textures and colors.This allows you to realize weight fancy or simple, elegant design solutions.And also allows the coffered ceiling in different rooms.
Metal coffered ceiling made of aluminum or galvanized steel.Can be matte or glossy, smooth or perforated coated mirror metallized layer or polymer coating.The most common color of ceilings: white matte and glossy, matte and metallic silver, chrome, light beige and gold.In addition to these color panels can be red, crimson, blue, black, light gray, and even have the texture of wood.If you did not find here you liked color, do not despair, the manufacturer offers its products powder painting in any color chosen by the International coloristic table RAL.
edge metal ceiling panels is performed in several ways:
- Board - perfectly smooth edges.
- Tegular - edge boards are made with a step, the panel obtained at the lower edge of the mounting profiles.
- also made aluminum plates with curved edges at 90 ° for mounting in a hidden system.
mirrored ceiling cassette can be configured as a silicate glass, and Plexiglas (acrylic glass) or metal, stylized glass.The surface of the plates is as pure mirror and lightly brushed with shades of gold, silver, chromium, and others. The grid structure is also made in the color, that is,gold, chrome or black.Mirror plate mounted inside the frame of the ceiling, it allows them securely.
glass coffered ceiling silicate or acrylic glass allow you to create a truly memorable ceiling design.For panels / plates of frosted glass, which is now enjoying great popularity, you can set the lighting.Scattered light creates an atmosphere of comfort and warmth.On the surface of the glass may be applied to a variety of patterns, including sandblasting.Lamps will highlight their top and stand out.
Plaster coffered ceiling - the oldest proven option.The mass of colors and textures.It is used not only for decorative purposes, but also for sound and thermal insulation of ceilings.These panels can not be used in rooms with high humidity.
coffered ceiling mineral or fiberglass used for insulation of buildings and to reduce impact noise.Panels in mineral fiber insulation are in rigid plate and plates of fiberglass are somewhat similar to fiberglass.
wooden coffered ceiling - an extremely rare phenomenon exclusive.The panels are made of expensive wood species - oak, teak, ash, merbau, bamboo and others.Quite often decorated with carved panels, such work is not cheap, in fact, as are the ceilings.Bodies wooden ceilings hiding or lurking decorative overlays.
On coffered ceiling price depends just on material panels.Even the cost ceilings of the same material can vary significantly.For example, the cheapest aluminum ceilings are $ 6m2, and the most expensive 38 USDm2.Glass ceiling and that will cost more expensive - 80 USDm2.
Installation coffered ceiling open-
coffered ceiling is so easy to install that all work can be done independently, without having some special skills or knowledge.Self installation takes no more than 2 days.In addition to the set of suspended coffered ceiling will need a drill, hammer drill (for concrete walls), dowels and screws, the level (preferably a laser), a construction thread or twine, Bulgarian, metal shears and straight arms.
Plans coffered ceiling
Before assembly coffered ceiling and even before ordering parts, it is better to make a drawing of the future framework.To do this on a piece of paper, you need to draw a floor plan with accurate dimensions and inflict on him a grid frame with exact dimensions.This will help calculate the number of system components and properly distribute them to the ceiling surface.
sure it turns out that the number of cassettes / panels will be uneven, and thus will have to mount clipped plate.These boards should be placed near a wall, which is not immediately visible.For example, over the entrance door.On opposite sides of the room sizes of these plates must be identical.The distance between the main guides must be 600 mm or 1200 mm, between the intermediate - 600 mm.As a result, you should get a cell 600x600 mm.
How to calculate the exact size of the partial plate : width of the room is divided by the size of the panel.For example, the space width 3400 mm divide the width of the panel of 600 mm, we get 3400/600 = 5.6666.Multiply the whole number of panels on their 5h600 width = 3000 mm.To take away the value of the total width of the room: 3400-3000 = 400 mm.Divide it in half, 400/2 = 200 mm.
Now you can buy materials and start the installation.
Installing wall-attached profile
Set coffered ceiling with his hands not be easy.We start working with markup.The first thing we put a zero mark on the wall, this will require the level.Laser level here will be most welcome, but if it is not possible to manage water levels.The main thing is to mark on the walls form a plane.
zero level must be at least 150 mm below the main ceiling.If over the coffered ceiling will hide communications, indentation must be calculated so that all fit, and at the same time to the communications had free access.
along the perimeter walls draw a line through it will strengthen the profile of the corner trim.Profile is then applied to the wall and fasten it with dowels or screws.If the walls are made of durable concrete, first outline the locations of holes postpone profile zasverlivaem holes in the wall, insert dowels and only after that again putting a profile and fasten it with screws.Step mounts for wall-attached profile of 400 - 500 mm.
Do not attach hangers "by eye", as if to install them with an accuracy of 30 - 50 mm, they are not tight enough to keep the profile.It is better to first identify the place.How to fix suspensions:
- To do this, or wall-attached profile of him on the wall to make notes, which will be located guiding profiles.
Important!The maximum distance between suspensions 1200 mm, from the extreme suspension to the wall - 600 mm.They should be located at the intersection of the main and intermediate rails.
- then stretch the building is between the cord or thread.Fix them to the screws.According
- draw an outline retreat the required distance from the wall and make a mark on the cord severely.
- When exact locations for suspension points are marked, you can start pilot drilling holes.Using a drill or a hammer.
- on spring suspensions are usually too large a mounting ear - reduce it using wire cutters and pliers to do less loop.
- fixed on the ceiling with metal anchors with a cap of 13 mm.
Do not forget to install additional hangers in places where there are lights, fan or other equipment.
basic installation guide
main guides trimmed to the required length, if necessary.For example, for placement should be cut to 3400 mm 200 mm extra profile so that the intermediate profile is firmly fixed in its groove.
establishes the basic profile in such a way: they rely on the wall profiles, aligned strictly on a cord stretched, then use the snap mechanism to put it in the corner profile, fixed.
hanger hooks engage the holes in the main profile, height adjustable by means of quick-clip.If you compress the clip, the lower suspension pin can be moved up and down as if to let go - it captures the hanger in position.Be sure to check the location of the profiles with the help of a level.
Mounting intermediate guide
start setting intermediate guides to the middle of the room.Increments of 600 mm set between the main profile of the guide.At the ends of the intermediate sections have special elements to be snap mainly profile.Between themselves, these sections are joined on a similar principle.
sure to check that the angle between the profiles was strictly 90 °.You can use a protractor.
When the middle of the room is ready, go to the closest to the wall profiles.Prune them at the required size.That region, which remained the latch, insert the main profile and the other end simply laid on the trim profile.
Installation cassettes or panels
remains the most simple - install the decorative plate.Please check once more the angles between the guide - 90 °.
Posted by in Ceilings