Stained ceiling moldings - by no means the final chord of repair, as is commonly believed.This work is recommended to do before finishing walls, in order not to stain the wallpaper.However, despite the order of works, the question needs painting molding rhetorical.Paint the ceiling plinths is a necessary measure aimed at preventing radiographic, yellowing and browning of the surface, as well as for a certain shade of the fillet.So let's find out what kind of paint to paint the ceiling moldings, and how to do it correctly.
- necessity of painting ceiling moldings
- Choosing paint for ceiling moldings
- Preparations for coloring ceiling moldings
- Technology painting ceiling moldings
necessity of painting ceiling moldings
Ceiling fillet of polystyrene foam or polyurethanethat are used most often to hide the joint walls and ceiling are white.If the ceiling in the room, too white, people often think, and whether you want to paint
- Baguettes from these materials are often small dents and scratches that are visible in bright light.
- These materials are fairly loose structure, a little shine, and the paint is able to give them a more solid feel and durability.
- Over time, uncolored material from which manufactures ceiling moldings can darken or turn yellow dust.Therefore, the question arises whether it is necessary to paint the ceiling moldings, and how to apply the ink composition.Clear it will be hard, but the painted moldings can be easily washed with a damp cloth.
- Skirting hard stick without joints, and these gaps are highly salient, especially in the corners.Therefore before painting ceiling moldings and made to seal the joints, and a coat of paint hides a slot.
- Wooden plinth also require painting, varnishing or impregnation.This will make them more beautiful and will prevent insect infestation.
- Finally, prints have color in if you want him to get some shade and tone acquired the ceiling or walls.
Now let's find out whether it is possible to paint the ceiling moldings, if it is already fixed in place.Of course, it is easier or more convenient to deal with painting when the baguette into place is not already installed - you will not have to jump from a ladder and have to fear for the finished surface.However, in this case, have still to seal joints formed.Therefore, it is taken first to install ceiling moldings, and then painted it.So the result will be more solid.
Choosing paint for ceiling moldings
It is important to make the right choices, some paint to paint the ceiling moldings.Polyurethane foam and dissolve before our eyes from the white spirit and other solvents, so it is recommended for them to select only water-based paints - acrylic, water-dispersed, latex.Wooden moldings are not as demanding coloring compositions.
If you still will first paint the baseboards, and then mount it, you can buy paint for the ceiling moldings in the cartridge, so you can do the job quickly, without streaks and stains.If you need to paint the ceiling moldings certain shade, but it could not find on sale, you can buy white paint for the ceiling moldings and zakolerovat it yourself or take advantage of such a service in any hardware store.
If the interior greater demands are put forward, and great importance is the final color and texture molding, painting is better to apply Glaze.Glaze is a kind of toner materials such as stain that is used for coloring products from wood.Glaze is sprayed onto the surface that is intended for painting, or from a spray canister, and triturated using a cloth, sponge or brush.
Use Glaze allows us to give the surface of the molding almost any desired texture - wood, natural stone, gold or frayed metal:
- patina effect.To recreate the effect on the ceiling moldings patina, made use Glaze colors Tahir.Apply it evenly on the surface of a baguette, leaving the middle part of unpainted.Then, using a cloth or sponge blend joints unpainted and painted parts and remove the top layer of material.Such a method will help make convex surfaces brighter and brighter and deeper areas - saturation and contrast.Next, using a dark Umber Glaze should allocate relief layer and enhance the effect of painting brush.
- effect of gilding.Before decoration gilded ceiling skirting need to take a fine brush and Glaze silver, gold or metal.The brush should be dipped in the dye solution, and then wiped to near dryness, as shown in the ceiling of the painting baseboards.Then attach to the relief surface of the bristly baguette and slowly swipe along it in a way that "gold" remains only on the convex portion.
- effect of malachite.Before you apply the paint on the ceiling moldings, prepare Glaze green and swab leather or leatherette.Glaze should be applied to the surface of the plinth and with a swab to create her veins.After that you want to paint with a pen light Glaze, slightly diluted with water.
- effect of aged wood.A similar effect is achieved on the molding by coating a brown Glaze using a brush with stiff bristles.With this you can create a texture that looks very similar to a tree.Fine brush with a dark dye composition you can to finish the strip of wood fibers and defects that are characteristic of solid wood.This allows you to make the wood texture looks more plausible.
- effect dirty stone.This effect is particularly pronounced in the ceiling cornices and large with an expressive relief pattern.For starters, apply Glaze Tahir evenly.After that you need to shade the paint brush to get the light touches.In the next step should be applied to dark spots Umber Glaze, after which the surface is shaded eaves.Further, with dark Glaze made little touches, regularly removing excess material.Once dry, apply strokes strokes Bronze Glaze, which is usually applied to the raised contours of the plinth.
Preparations for coloring ceiling moldings
Once you have selected a coloring composition for application to a baguette, it is necessary to prepare for painting ceiling moldings and fix any defects on the ceiling surface.Gather the dishes with water, soft cloth or sponge, so you can wash your hands of the glue dries up or soak already applied makeup, as well as a small rubber spatula.Instead, you can use a flexible plastic or cardboard plate, which does not damage the surface of the floor.Work should be wearing gloves.
When the last bar, attach the eaves, walk on it any fine finishing putty or white silicone sealant to iron out all the flaws and irregularities that have emerged after the installation of molding.For wooden baguettes better to use wood putty.Apply putty trowel and seal the seam along the seam from top to bottom that was not noticeable level difference.
presses the tool to the baguette tight, but not too much, trying to repeat all bends profile.Use a damp sponge to remove any excess putty.The joints in the corners more convenient to plug typing sealant or putty on the tip of your finger.Work gloves is recommended.If between the skirting and the ceiling or walls have cracks, they should also be repaired.Wait for the complete drying of the material and smooth out the surface roughness of the fine sandpaper.
Technology painting ceiling moldings
If you have prepared for molding paint should figure out how to paint the ceiling moldings with their hands.Paint the ceiling skirting is a simple matter, which does not require special skills.But the technology of painting ceiling moldings depends on what stage do you decide to finish the job.Before you begin, thoroughly clean the baseboard dust and prime.
Before you paint the ceiling moldings, cover the floor with paper or foil to the surface does not get dirty.If the wall is already trimmed, they also need to protect the paint.No matter that you can easily erase the fresh latex paint with a damp cloth, wallpaper can still be damaged.
For this stick masking tape along the baseboard, trying to leave no open areas.Adhesive tape should be adhered closely to the fillet, thus avoiding soiling the surface for painting ceiling moldings.Remove the masking tape can be after dry deposited on the ceiling cornice paint.
If you are afraid to spoil the wallpaper tape (finish when unsticking can also move away from the wall or lose the decorative plating), you should use another method of how to paint a ceiling moldings.Take a clean spatula, a thin sheet of cardboard or plastic and attach it to the wall with the color of the plot.
In this case, a putty knife should be put close to the baguette from the side walls and paint over the lower half of the protected space, followed rearrange trowel and paint over the next station, and so on until the end of the ceiling cornice.When you will paint the lower part of the plinth, you can rearrange the spatula, pressing it close to the top, and in a similar way to paint the top half.
For painting ceiling moldings is best to use a brush, because the roller will be difficult to paint carved ceiling moldings with complex texture.Sophisticated texture easiest to staining using an atomizer.This paint will lay down evenly and smoothly, unlike the application of the brush.But in any case it is recommended to apply a thin layer of paint and a good spread it, otherwise the composition will be collected in a drop flowing down after you remove the spatula at the wallpaper.
Once you have done the first coat of paint, let it dry.If the paint through the joints are not discernible, and you are satisfied with the result, then this can be considered painting ceiling moldings finished.If the effect is not much you like, repeat the procedure again.If you plan to spend more color unknown baguette without glued to the wall, you can apply and paint from a container and a soft brush.But the colors for the exterior should be avoided.
Knowing how to paint the ceiling moldings, you'll be able to do this work themselves, without spending funds, and money to pay for hired labor.Once again, it is worth paying attention to the most important points that we have described in the article, and you can safely get down to business.For example, to achieve a certain effect, whether or aged wood patina instead of paint is applied special Glaze, and often more than one.Also, pay special attention to the preparation for painting baseboards and furniture decoration and protection from soiling.