Almost everyone at least once in his life in his hands and took a paint brush painting something.And it had to do with the ceiling in the country, in the house, apartment or other places.Still, not every developer can boast holding paint work without any special knowledge.But we'll teach you how to spend the ceiling painting with latex paint and were satisfied with their work.
- necessity of painting the ceiling latex paint
- Choosing water-based paint for the ceiling
- Types of latex paint
- properties of latex paint
- Colours vodoemulsionku
necessity of painting the ceiling latex paint
Just beforerecently enjoyed such great popularity finishing the ceiling like whitewashed with lime mortar or chalk.This was due to its low cost and relatively harmonious combination of the white of the ceiling and interior design of any type.Now, however, most people are not satisfied with the complexity and difficulty of the preparatory wor
Today painting the ceiling latex paint is the most popular way of finishing.Compared with whitewash, painted surface longer retains its aesthetic appearance.This procedure also allows for a fast and easy care of the ceiling surface.This method is one of the most inexpensive ways to repair, as shown in the photo of the ceiling painting with latex paint.
water-based paints in its composition is a suspension, the basis of which are pigment particles of matter and the polymer dissolved in water.Its main feature lies in the fact that after application to the ceiling surface is fairly rapid evaporation of water, the polymers form a moisture resistant coating.Water-based paint is an ecological material that does not cause negative effects and allergic reactions in the human body.
on freshly painted ceilings are quite often there are certain defects in the ceiling.The very first may appear in some spots.Remember that after painting all at once looks like normally, and after the surface dries, appear incomprehensible nature of the irregularities.Continuation of the roller can result only worsen, as colored layer to a large extent will be the main cause of disorder.Various stains on the ceiling, which seemed simple shades from various highlights and various lighting really are a problem.
their causes is not exactly low-quality paint mixing several colors.Still, the main reason is a violation of the technology of the ceiling painting with latex paint.The ingredients in the correct recipe is as follows: the material (it is, of course, latex paint) and a tool for the job - a roller.Imported paint or domestic - not much difference, but it had not been obvious fake.
Choosing water-based paint for the ceiling
Once you have decided on the instrument, proceed to the choice of a suitable paint.So you're going to use water-based paint, but it also has many varieties.In the consumer market, it is now possible to purchase formulations with different additives: adding acrylic latex, acrylic, alloys with silicon or silicate base compositions based on polyvinyl acetate, as well as the ink composition of the mineral.
Types of latex paint
Let's look at them in detail:
- Polivinilacetate paints.The price ceiling painting with latex paint made on the basis of polyvinyl acetate is the most democratic, because such compositions the most inexpensive of the above colors.But their use is allowed only in dry areas.The ceilings, which are painted with this paint can not be washed.
- latex.Paints, which is added to the latex, are the most expensive.And of course, they have a number of advantages, such as getting pretty smooth and beautiful surface, the ability to care for them moist with detergent and so on. D.
- acrylic paint.Water-based acrylic paints are the most popular.They are used in almost any environment, they also have increased resistance to abrasion when cleaning, as shown in the ceiling of the painting with water-based paint.
- silicate paint.Paint with the addition of water glass (silicate) are widely used for painting plaster, concrete or masonry surfaces.Such silicone paint is applied directly on the plaster without primer.Their main advantage is the relatively high vapor permeability, which allows them to use for painting the ceilings in the bathrooms and kitchens.In addition, they perfectly protect the surface from all sorts of parasitic fungi and other microorganisms.
properties of latex paint
Therefore, in order to make the correct choice of water-based paint, you need to carefully examine the properties of sufficient staff and written on the label itself, and located on the bank of a water-based paint instructions.Manufacturers in this annotation usually indicate:
- For what types of work such paint is intended;
- composition of estimated consumption per square meter (it is important to determine the correct amount of substance);
- degree ukryvaemosti (an opportunity to paint a dark background to close the continuous web of white);
- Color fastness to abrasion during wet cleaning.
should also pay attention to the fact that the fine print.Very often it is the main information on the characteristics of paint.The abstract can be written about such things:
- paint has a very high resistance to dry abrasion.This suggests that the surface painted a paint can not be washed, you can only use a vacuum cleaner or wipe the ceiling dry cloth.
- paint should be used in dry areas, where low operating load.This inscription says vodoemulsionku is not suitable for painting in the rooms where humidity, ie bathrooms and kitchens with a lot of fumes from cooking.
- indelible paint, high resistance to abrasion.The ceiling, which is painted with this paint can be washed with water without the use of detergents.
- with vigorous washing of paint shows a high resistance to abrasion, has properties gryazeottalkevaniya.Such a composition is the best view of latex paint.The surface can be cleaned with gentle detergent.
Water paint can be matte and semi-matte, glossy and poluglyantsovymi.The difference between them is as follows.Matt compositions bit mask surface defects, thus increasing the height of the room visually.But they are difficult to clean.If the surface is covered with glossy paint, it is resistant to abrasion, much easier to clean, but it clearly visible small cracks and various other flaws of the ceiling.
The best option is to choose a semi-gloss or semi-gloss paint.One more important point that you should remember: buy only water-based paint in the store, which has insulated warehouse.Even if the value of the ceiling paint latex paint will be higher than purchasing the composition on the market.
The thing is that the paint is disturbed during freezing its structure, which then thaw not restored.Therefore, you should pay attention to the conditions of storage of paint.We strongly recommend that you use water-based paint, intended only for painting the ceiling.It is well distributed over the surface, it has excellent adhesion and virtually no dripping.
must know that the paint in different parties, even from the same manufacturer may not get tone in tone.So, it is best just to take the paint off with a margin of one party to then did not happen for various kinds of troubles that are associated with the selection of paint tone.Latex paint in the sale is usually white.But if you want to color the ceiling, you do not need to look for expensive color inks.It is simply to buy ordinary Kohler, with which you can make your paint absolutely any color.
in specialized stores just can knead the selected color, using the same Kohler.But what if you have decided to mix a desired color, then be very careful, because you can overdo the color scheme and get after painting the ceiling latex paint spray gun at the same time completely different tone.The paint color scheme should be added in small portions, as it is a concentrated pigment.
Once chosen the paint starts to prepare the surface for painting and drawing its composition to the surface.Technology painting ceiling with a roller and gun differ.In future articles we will take a closer look, how to prepare for the workflow to miss nothing of the kind, and how to use these tools when applying water-based paint on the ceiling surface.