finishing the ceiling - a very troublesome time-consuming affair.To the surface of a smooth, perfectly flat, without sagging, elevation and visible seams have to work hard.Stucco, plaster, painting - all this takes time, requires a lot of manpower and financial investments.There are other ways to achieve a smooth surface of the ceiling.This modern methods of decoration - ceilings, and ceiling tiles.Which way to give preference to, how to choose seamless ceilings, what to look for and what are the advantages and disadvantages of paintings from different manufacturers?Answers to these questions will help you choose a suitable option for specific tasks, taking into account needs and wishes of each homeowner.Also, the choice depends on the variety of colors that can offer one or another producer of seamless ceilings, as well as on the method of installation.
- Seamless ceilings PVC films
- Advantages and disadvantages of PVC stretch ceilings
- Colours suspended ceilings PVC films
- means of fixing suspended ceilings PVC films
- seamless fabric ceilings
- Advantages and disadvantages of stretch fabric
- ceilings Seamless ceilings Clipso
- Seamless ceilings Descor
- Seamless ceilings Cherutti
- means of fixing seamless fabric suspended ceilings
- Seamless tiled ceiling
Seamless ceilings PVC films
generally acceptedthat the family of suspended ceilings are just seamless fabric paintings.This is due to the fact that the web tension ceilings PVC film available in widths of 1.2 m, 1.5 m, 1.8 m and less than 2 m. To tighten the web in a room, the width of which is greater than the width of the web, it is necessary to weld together webs.As a result, the surface tension of the ceiling there are seams that may be visible to the naked eye, and are vulnerable places.Therefore, many prefer to use the web of sufficient width.
Earlier seamless ceiling can only be done with the help of a tissue web.Today, some manufacturers produce PVC film for stretch ceiling is sufficiently broad to fulfill ceiling finishing widths up to 5 m.
For example, the so-called French seamless ceilings PVC film width of 3.5 m. In fact, they are not quiteFrench and Belgian soon.But it is made in China, but with all the rules and requirements are listed in the EU.Company PTMC POLYPLAST (Belgium) produces PVC fabric, certified in the European Union, Ukraine and Russia.They are allowed to install not only in living rooms, bathrooms and kitchens, but also in kindergartens, medical facilities and a cafe.
also produces a wide seamless ceilings China.Their webs reach 4.0 and 5.0 m wide.This is enough to cover most of the rooms in the apartments of the country.Nevertheless, many companies Installation of suspended ceilings prefer to work with blades manufactured in Europe (France, Germany, Switzerland).It is said that the quality of the weld, even much better than the Chinese seamless ceiling.So you choose.
Advantages and disadvantages of PVC stretch ceilings
PVC (polyvinyl chloride) film for stretch ceiling has certain properties.At temperatures greater than 60 ° C, it begins to expand and become plastic.Installation of suspended ceilings made of PVC with a heat gun, which the web is heated and then stretched on a baguette.After cooling the fabric shrinks again, this is based on the principle of tension.
Advantages of PVC seamless stretch ceilings :
- ideal smooth surface of the ceiling.
- Great choice of colors.
- Ability to make a glossy ceiling.
- has excellent water resistance.Able to withstand up to 100 liters of water per 1 m2 in case of flooding due to stretch fabric.Experts can easily remove the water and re-set ceiling.
- harpoon method of installation seamless PVC stretch ceiling allows you to quickly perform dismantling and set it as the canvas again.
- cloth is easy to clean conventional gentle detergent such as soapy water.
- not burn or support combustion.Just melt.
- Cloth has a high reflection factor (90%), allowing you to beat the room design.
- Hypoallergenic fabric.Due to the specific treatment does not attract dust.
- Cloth PVC does not fade and does not lose color.
- can be installed in rooms with high humidity (bathroom, kitchen).
- Cheaper tissue stretch ceiling by almost 1.5 times.
Disadvantages of tension ceilings of PVC film :
- canvas of PVC can be easily cut, casual hit with a sharp object will cause holes.
- PVC film does not "breathe", so the steam and gas exchange in the room is broken.
- At temperatures below +5 ° C PVC film becomes brittle and begins to crack, so to set such ceilings in unheated rooms it is impossible.You also can not use PVC ceiling in suburban suburban homes where there are arrivals and heating does not work all the time.
- power light sources used in chandeliers and lamps is limited (halogen 35 watt bulb - 40 W), as they are heated cloth, and it begins to stretch and deform.
- required for mounting the exact dimensions of the room, as the production of seamless fabric stretched ceiling of PVC at the factory, where the film is welded to the edge of the spear.
- first time and when the heating PVC film makes a not too pleasant smell.Although much depends on the quality of cloth and manufacturer.For example, in the French film added special substances, so they do not stink.
analyzing strengths and weaknesses, it turns out that PVC ceilings controversial material.On the one hand an extensive range of colors and textures, water retention capacity and the ability to re-installation of the same blade, and on the other hand - brittleness at low temperatures, environmentally unfriendly and possible odors.So the choice and, although difficult.
Colours suspended ceilings PVC films
main advantage of the seamless PVC ceiling film - it is a choice of colors.For every taste - about 120 shades of all colors.Moreover, colors can be matte and glossy with high reflectivity.Over time, the tone does not fade and does not change.
also PVC ceilings are of different textures: matte , satin , lacquer , suede , marble , chameleon and others.Films Glitter, imitation of natural materials - wood, stone, metal, leather and silk.On the web can be applied to any printing, and it will be qualitative, as a picture, glossy, not grainy and porous.It is also possible artistic painting.So if someone wants a starry sky ceiling, then no PVC stretch ceiling film is indispensable.
means of fixing suspended ceilings PVC films
total there are 4 methods of mounting tension ceiling: harpoon , wedge (shtapikovy), clip- and cord .The last three are universal, for both fabric ceilings, and ceilings PVC films, so we will talk about them later.
But harpoon method of installation seamless stretch ceiling is unique and is only used with PVC film.It lies in the fact that the web is made strictly under the size of the room in which it is going to install, in the factory of the film is welded to the edge of the so-called spear.
As a rule, the size of a web of PVC film is less room for 5 - 10%, it is necessary for a quality web tension during installation to nowhere left folds.Welded to the edges of the harpoon is an element / plate of the more durable PVC.
to the walls around the perimeter of the premises secured baguette, which will fill up the spear leaf.Before mounting tension ceiling room warms a heat gun, then warms and stretches the very fabric, the spear is pushed in a baguette special spatula.There, he held firmly to the structure itself baguette.
undeniable advantage harpoon mounting method is its functionality and the ability to repeatedly remove and install the canvas again, without damaging it and without losing its strength and other characteristics.Whatever happens, you can always remove and install the ceiling again.This trick is only possible with PVC stretch ceiling film.This is a significant plus.
seamless fabric ceilings
Fabric ceilings - the more familiar version of seamless ceiling.Fabrics made of polyester impregnated with polyurethane to provide water resistance and other qualities, comes in rolls of various widths.So you can pick up a seamless canvas on room width up to 5 m.
Advantages and disadvantages of fabric suspended ceilings
have seamless fabric ceilings have significant advantages over PVC films, which may affect the choice.
Benefits fabric ceilings :
- resistant to low temperatures, they can be used in a temperature range from -40 ° C to +80 ° C.This makes it possible to use a seamless fabric ceilings in any unheated and non-residential premises, including in the country.
- fabric durable PVC film of 10 - 15 times.It withstands high mechanical stress, for example, if no longer plaster from the main ceiling, suspended ceiling made of cloth can keep that weight.Yet tissue damage can inadvertently turning sharps, but its invasiveness is several times smaller than that of PVC.
- Mounting leaf tissue does not require the use of a heat gun, and therefore will not be used dangerous gas cylinders.It is also not necessary to make the premises houseplants that are afraid of high temperatures.
- not burn or support combustion.
- not collect static, not electrified.Accordingly, it does not adhere to the surface of the dust.
- Textile fabric can be painted to 4 times with acrylic paints.
- Fabric good sound-proofing the room from the ceiling.
- The operation does not turn yellow, does not crack and does not change the properties.
- moisture resistance.
Disadvantages of fabric suspended ceilings :
- Cloth ceiling is not elastic, and hence, in the case of a flood, he can not long retain water.If the water flow is great, it is likely to throw up from the canvas baguette, and the water will pour out.
- Fabric ceilings do not "breathe".
- small range of colors.
- impossibility of re-installation.Due to the fact that the blade is not elastic and is cut just below the size of the room, the second time it is practically impossible to establish.
- Fabric ceilings expensive PVC 1.5.
As you can see, with tissue stretch ceiling too, everything is very contradictory.On the one hand - heat resistance, simple installation and no odors, and on the other - one-time installation.And it can also cause trouble.For example, in the event of flooding, even if the fabric will hold water, it will have to be replaced, as the drain can only be pulled out from the edge of the baguette.Although much depends on the professionalism of installers.
Seamless ceilings Clipso
Fabric suspended ceilings Clipso Swiss company is different from the PVC more uniform pattern as on the front and on the reverse side.Figure is a knitted netting, wherein the density of the loops in the horizontal and vertical directions is the same.Unlike fabric companies Deskor (a direct competitor) in tissue Clipso larger cell due to the fact that you are using a thicker thread and a big step.Tissue density of 240 g / m2.At the touch of a coarser material Clipso, the cells more visible and, therefore, there is a perception that the fabric ceilings "breathe."In fact it is not, the producers themselves doubt the similar properties of its products.
Large Pores seamless stretch ceilings Clipso visually add height of the room where installed.Color paintings fairly calm.It is said that the white color of the leaf most close to the natural white color.
width rolls of fabric ceilings Clipso from 2 m to 5.1 m at intervals of 0.5 m. This allows you to choose the most appropriate size, not overpaying.Fixing these ceilings made clip-on way, which we describe below.
Seamless ceilings Clipso available in several color and texture solutions.There are an assortment of categories:
- standard. Solid classic canvas beige, white and black.
- Colored .Only 25 matte colors: blue, orange, green, yellow, red, purple, blue, terracotta and others.The largest selection of pastel shades.
- Brilliant .8 colors on the canvas are applied sequins, which will give the room a sophisticated look.Suitable for rooms with a monotonous design.
- translucent .Fabrics made with 5 shades bandwidth from 30 to 70%.Top mounted lights ceiling profitable emphasize elegance and create amazing color effects.
- Acoustic .This category fabrics absorbs up to 90% noise and eliminates the echo.Representing only 3 colors: white, black and beige.
- Moistureproof .Waterproof fabric, which can be installed in areas with high humidity.Also, they do not accumulate condensate.
- Other special fabric: antibacterial, dirt-repellent, and others.
addition to the standard colors in the fabric cloth can be applied to printing and artistic painting.Also available in a variety of textures: the skin, suede, silk and other natural materials.
Seamless ceilings Descor
Unlike Clipso fabric German company Deskor more finely porous.This is due to the fact that its production is used for finer yarn and smaller step of weaving.It is said that the cell tissue Deskor not visible from a height of 2.5 m. The canvas has a bluish tint when compared with white clips, also "breathes" and has a density of 240 g / m2.
width fabric rolls Deskor from 3.1 m to 5.1 m at intervals of 1 m. To choose the size of the web space, we have to choose from the sizes and submitted to overpay for superfluous.
Seamless ceilings Deskor shtapikovym and clip-fastened manner.And Installers, installers say they can be mounted on Russian-made baguettes, as they are softer.
categories of color and texture solutions Deskor ceilings depend on the quality of materials used and their properties:
- Descor Trevira. Fabrics made from the best quality materials, with the most safe additives.This category is considered the most environmentally friendly, so they can be installed in residential areas, nurseries and medical institutions.
- Descor Fr .Slightly cheaper (15 - 20%) due to lower quality supplements.
- Descor Color .Category featuring paintings of 30 different matte colors, about the same as that of the clip.
- Descor Acoustic .Acoustic ceilings - the latest technology, like a clip.
ceilings Deskor advantage is their lower price.