install the stretch ceiling resort when looking to quickly and easily create a perfectly smooth ceiling.It works on plastering the ceiling surface occupied by more than one day, and after they left plenty of debris and dirt.Stretch fabric ceilings successfully simulates the ideal surface whitewashed or painted ceiling, but is mounted in one day, with no dirt, dust and wet work and does not require removal of furniture from the room.In favor of it says fabric ceilings of the porous structure and the ability to withstand negative temperatures, due to which they can be installed in cold and unheated rooms.In this article we will discuss how to choose fabric ceilings and what to look for.Also delineate which of the properties attributed to tissue ceilings are real advantages, and what fiction or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Benefits fabric suspended ceilings
- Myths tissue stretch ceilings
- Colours fabric suspended ceilings
- Dimensions linen fabric ceiling
- methods of fastening tissue stretch ceiling
- What products to buy fabric ceilings
- Fabric ceilings Descor
- Fabric ceilingsClipso
- Fabric ceilings Cerutti
- Stretch fabric ceilings: photo - examples
Benefits fabric suspended ceilings
When the hosts before the question becomes how to choose the suspended ceiling - cloth or PVC film in the first placeThey are trying to find some advantages over the others.This can be a great aesthetic appeal and better performance, and ease of installation.In any case, all the advantages of impact on the scales.
have fabric ceilings, there are significant benefits that can influence the choice:
- unaffected by low temperatures and are resistant to temperature .In a statement, the characteristics indicated that the temperature range in which you can use fabric ceilings, ranges from -40 ° C to +80 ° C.This feature allows you to install them in the cold and unheated rooms, for example, in the newly built private house without heating, on the outdoor terrace on the balcony, loggia or terrace.Also, if the house is heated is not constant, but only on the weekends, when the owners come to the country, too, you can install a fabric ceiling.And do not fear that upon the occurrence of frost fabric can warp and crack.
- Seamless. Instead of "tissue" this type of ceiling and called "seamless" and until recently it was a significant advantage over PVC films.Fabric ceilings are available in rolls up to 5.1 meters wide.These dimensions enough to smokers to 5 m wide pull the fabric without seams.Before PVC films produced up to 2.5 - 3 m, which is why they had to be welded together, and place seam could be seen staring closely at the ceiling.And the seam - vulnerability.Today, the proven self-respecting manufacturers of suspended ceilings made of PVC film manufactured products up to a width of 4.5 - 5 meters, as well as fabric.But counterfeiting from China or domestically produced films still have a width of 1.5 - 2 m.
Important!Installing fabric ceiling in the room more than 5 meters wide is not possible without connecting profile as paintings are not welded together.Joint paintings in the profile will be visible to the naked eye.
- exceptional durability. Fabric ceilings are more resistant to mechanical damage and are considered stronger than PVC 15 - 20 times.They can not damage the cork from the champagne, but if you try it with a sharp object, such as a knife, the fabric can still be cut.In the picture the ceiling, which can withstand all this has disappeared from the ceiling plaster.
- for mounting leaf tissue does not need the exact dimensions of the room. canvas is always taken with the stock and the excess is trimmed.
- easy to install. for mounting fabric ceiling heat gun is not in use, it is enough to fix a baguette / mounting profile and tighten the fabric.However, even houseplants do not necessarily make the room as there is no exposure to high temperatures.
- Fabric ceilings are off.
- not collect static not electrified.These do not adheres dust.
- canvas can be painted , including acrylic paints up to 4 times.
- not emit any smell .
- On the surface does not condense moisture and, thereby not develop mold and fungus.
- Fabric ceilings are a good heat and sound insulation .There is even a whole line of stretch fabric acoustic ceilings.However, it is still necessary for them to install an additional soundproof boards.
- Practical operation .Over time, do not turn yellow, do not crack, do not rub and do not change their properties.
fabric ceilings Advantages are obvious, but their surface can only be brushed.No glossy or mirror ceilings fabric does not happen.The cloth should be cleaned only with a dry brush or broom, although judging by the reviews, accurate cleaning with soapy water and a sponge is also not harmful.But the main drawback of the tissue of the ceiling - the impossibility of re-installation, as the fabric is cut back to back, pull it again just does not happen.
Myths tissue stretch ceilings
Despite the fact that the fabric ceilings are relatively new, their popularity is growing rapidly.The desire of the manufacturer, the dealer or sales agent is better to present their goods led the emergence of many myths.Cloth paintings attributed to the quality of the absurd or simply contradictory.Let delineate where myth and what was reality.
- Fabric ceilings are environmentally friendly.
This kind of speculation on the perception of the word "fabric", once submitted cotton or linen.In fact, the material for tissue tension ceiling is completely synthetic material polyester, which is made from waste oil industry.To ensure that the web strength and water resistance, it is treated with a special composition containing polyurethane.
Sometimes, in exceptional cases, instead of using fiberglass polyester or natural fibers such as silk, but the processing of polyurethane reduces the "out" all natural and environmentally friendly.
In fact, the assertion that the fabric ceilings are environmentally friendly, said the lack of a chemical odor, in contrast to the PVC film.This whole ecological ends.But you can see from the other side: the lion's share of modern clothing made of the same polyester, however, it is not impregnated with polyurethane.So if you wear synthetic clothes, in principle anyway, natural or synthetic fabric, you will have a ceiling.
- Cloth ceiling is waterproof and protects against flooding .
Thanks impregnated with polyurethane formulations cloth ceiling does not pass water.However, not too long.Since the texture of the fabric itself implies the presence of pores that the water pressure will stretch, and the water begins to leak out.Also note sheet is strong enough to withstand the pressure of the water, but inelastic, not stretched.Therefore, in the case of extreme flooding the canvas just break out of the fixing baguette, and the water will pour out.
- Cloth ceiling "breathes".
canvas fabric stretch ceiling has a large knitting mating with visible pores.For this reason there was a myth that ceiling breathable fabric.Manufacturers themselves doubt this, particularly with respect to waterproof models.It is not excluded that a polyurethane impregnated fabric is really "breathe", just a little, like any synthetic.
- Cloth ceiling is easy to operate.
cloth absorbs odors, dust accumulates on it.In case of contact with dirt on him this ceiling, for example, together with the dirty water, the dirt eats so much that it is not so easy to remove.
Consider all of the above, so as not to be disappointed in the future.If you consciously choose fabric ceilings, then they should not be overestimated.And now let's focus on the specifics of the choice of fabric ceilings.
Colours fabric suspended ceilings
Total color and texture of fabric suspended ceilings making no more than 40. The most common are white and pastel colors.Absolutely white linen perfectly mimics the whitewashed ceiling.Other colors and shades: blue , yellow , orange , purple , red , terracotta even obtained matte black.Textile fabric is not glossy at all, even painted it resembles frosted knitted fabric.
addition to standard colors, there model with shiny shades .On painted in one of the 10 primary colors as if the surface sparkle diamonds.This ceiling is perfect for cinema, living room and bathroom.
series of translucent fabric ceilings has only 7 colors, three of which are shades of white.Light transmission of these paintings is from 30 to 70%.Such ceilings are convenient to use with fiber optic or LED, for example, when creating a starry sky ceiling.The scattered light from spotlights or fiber will create the illusion of twinkling stars.
not necessarily satisfied with the standard colors, fabric ceilings can be repainted up to 4 times , and also applied to printing them.With printing on the surface of the web can be applied to any image, but it will not be glossy.This should be considered.Also, significantly increases the cost of printing the installation of the ceiling.
Art painting - another way to make a unique fabric ceiling.Free flight of fancy, you can realize any idea of an intricate.
No less important is the texture of the fabric.You can choose the fabric under suede (pictured) , under natural leather, under silk or plain jersey.With unusual textures you can create a unique style in the room.The structure of the knitted fabric has a small step of weaving, 1 - 2 mm, but the pores are created in such a way visible to the normal eye.
Dimensions linen fabric ceiling
Fabric ceilings are available in rolls of a width of 3 - 5 m. When you select the web you need to measure the area of the room, its length and width.To get the value of the length and width should add 10 cm overlap on each side.It is necessary for powerful bonding fabric.
example, if the space width of 4.25 m, the web must be not less than 4.45 m wide.The nearest standard roll width of 4.5 m (some manufacturers) and 5.1 m. The excess is trimmed during installation.
methods of fastening tissue stretch ceiling
significant disadvantage of fabric ceiling is the inability to use a harpoon mounting method.The strength and inelastic cloth does not allow it to attach to the harpoon.
Therefore there are only two ways of fixing the tissue stretch ceiling: clip-and shtapikovy (v).
clip-mounting method is that the web is filled in a gap between two planes is a constructive feature of fixing baguette.One of these planes must be located at an obtuse angle to the surface of the web.In this way the fabric ceiling mounted clips.Profile made of durable plastic and has a design that can not use a decorative fillet.The web is pressed and snapped planes baguette.
V-method or shtapikovy is more "primitive."For him, using U-shaped profile, which is dressed with fabric and secured with wooden or plastic glazing beads.The resulting technological gap is closed decorative element.Similarly, the set fabric ceilings Deskor as fabric manufacturer of somewhat thinner than the clips, and it is difficult to keep the clip-fasteners.
What products to buy fabric ceilings
domestic market offers high-quality fabric ceilings are only a few manufacturers, each of whom is working on its technology, using different materials and standards.
Fabric ceilings Descor
Descor ceiling cloth made from polyester and impregnated with polyurethane, but used for this thread is much thinner than that of the clip.Smaller step of weaving a thin thread and fabric made Deskor subtle and finely porous.It is said that the structure of the fabric is almost invisible at a height of over 2.5 m.
Cloth ceiling Deskor produced in rolls of 3.10 m, 4.10 m and 5.10 m.
ceiling fastening system of the manufacturer may beClip and shtapikovoy.The latter is used when the customer wants to save money on the cost of materials and installation.
Important!Note unscrupulous dealer can assure you that polotki Deskor installed only shtapikovym way.It is not, ask for clip-baguette, its manufacturer provides.
Fabric ceilings of the manufacturer are available in several colors and textural solutions, while using materials of varying degrees of security.
example, waterproof and dirt-repellent pattern ceiling is not "breathe".
ceilings Descor Trevira made of the finest materials and highest quality supplements.Considered the safest for use in residential areas.
ceilings Descor Fr cheaper, about 15 - 20%.They use cheap additives.
ceilings Descor Color - line paintings with different colors (30).
ceilings Descor Acoustic - the newest innovation system, quenching the echo and helps soundproof a room.
advantage ceilings German manufacturer Deskor a lower price.Also, installers say they can be attached not only to "native" baguettes, but also on the profiles of domestic production.
Fabric ceilings Clipso
Cloths Swiss ceilings Clipso have a wider tissue cell due to the fact that you are using thicker yarn and larger weaving.The material turns out more rough, and the cells more visible.But at the same color cloth more calm, his white color most close to the natural.Thanks macroporous texture data as the ceilings would be added to the height of the room, and do not press on.
ceiling Clipso Fabric is available in rolls of 2.10 m, 2.50 m, 3.10 m, 3.50 m, 4.10 m, 4.50 m and 5.10 m. Most of the multiplicity of widths in rolls makes it possiblesave when ordering the web to choose the right size and not overpaying for superfluous.
Fasten these ceilings using Clip system.
color scheme is not less diverse than the company Deskor, about 40 shades.Plus it is available separately line antibacterial , translucent , brilliant , water-repellent , dirt-repellent and acoustic ceilings .
Note that the water and dirt-repellent fabric Clipso "do not breathe."
Fabric ceilings Cerutti
Fabrics Cerutti Italian fabric ceilings are made of reinforced polyester and nylon filaments impregnated with polyurethane on both sides 2 times.
Posted by in Ceilings