To implement unusual design solutions and the creation of the original landscape, many gardeners use conifers.Such cultures give a noble view of the area and is decorated with gardening area year-round.
Consider the main types and forms of ornamental coniferous plants for the garden, and understand the basic principles of composition of evergreen shrubs and trees.
- Conifers in the area - a unique chic and elegance garden
- Conifers for Gardens: the names of varieties and species description
- Plant height - the main criterion for selecting
- tall conifer coniferous conifers
- average growth
- dwarf conifersand their form
- General rules placing conifers in the garden
- compositions of conifers
- mixborders softwood
- composition Omnidirection
- foundation planting and growing crops conifers
Conifers on the site- a unique chic and elegance garden
Conifers - noble plants that allow the garden to remain attractive and gr
Almost all conifers - evergreen, but some species such as larch, pine needles shed for the winter.Other plants "renew" needles slowly - once every few years obsolescent needles fall off and grow in their place new ones.
Ornamental conifers for gardens are very popular in landscape gardening.They are hardy, cold-resistant, has a beautiful shape and a clear unpretentious care.In addition, conifers have the following advantages:
- tolerability of insufficient sunlight;
- some varieties of conifers have a regular geometric shape and does not require regular podstrizhki;
- well-developed root system allows plants to exist for a long time without watering (some varieties can be grown even on stony ground);
- formally proven that the scent of conifers beneficial effect on the mental and spiritual condition of the person;
- conifers - versatile, thanks to the wide variety of types and forms, plants can be used to create a variety of landscape composition at sites of any size.
planning to decorate your site conifers, it is necessary to carefully approach to their choice.Before buying you must define:
- placement tree or shrub in the area;
- order of composition;
- climatic conditions and soil composition area.
Based on the above criteria, selected species, varieties and forms of coniferous plants.
Conifers for Gardens: the names of varieties and species description
for planting in the garden are best suited these types of conifers:
- yew (Torrey, yew);
- cypress (juniper, cypress, arborvitae);
- pine (larch, fir, pine, spruce).
Consider the most popular ornamental species and varieties of conifers
Juniper (Juniperus), known as Veres, it belongs to the family of cypress.Photophilous coniferous plant, but also in the penumbra is growing normally.Juniper quite fastidious to soil - can grow on limestone, sand and rocky slopes.Decorative shapes are columnar or creeping crown.Juniper has a unique healing aroma.Most often the plants are planted in the gardens of the natural style or "stony" landscape composition.
main types of decorative juniper:
- Juniperus - evergreen shrub up to 3 meters high, or a tree - up to 12 meters.The plant conical or ovoid shape, bark dark gray and reddish-brown shoots.
- Juniper stretched (horizontal) - bush "travel along" on the ground rather than rising up.Plant height 30 cm color of pine needles - bright green, pine cones and berries in dark blue.Horizontal juniper is often used in the design of the Alpine hills.
- Juniperus Sabina - dioecious shrub up to 1.5 meters.Plant travel along the ground, forming dense thickets.It has a soil-protective properties, is resistant to gases, smoke and drought.
Tui (Thúja) belongs to the family of cypress.These evergreen shrubs and trees (height - 70 m, trunk diameter - up to 6 m), unpretentious to tolerate transplanting and smokiness cities.Designers loved fifth of what it can be given any architectural form.The plant is used in the creation of hedges and alleys.
- Thuja occidentalis Smaragd - conical variety of arborvitae.Crohn's conical plants, branches weak, medium density.Tuya is characterized by moderate growth, the height of a ten-year ephedra reaches 2.5 m, the adult plant - 6 m, diameter of the crown to 1.8 m.
- Thuja occidentalis Danica - dwarf spherical shape.Adult height arborvitae - about 0.8 m, crown diameter - 1 m. Gain plants per year - less than 4 cm in width and 5 cm in height.Crohn Tui Danica dense, regular geometric shape.The needles are scaly, soft, bright green.Thuja is used rock garden, on the hill, in group and individual plantings.
Larch (Larix) - the most common tree species in Russia and the world at large.Under favorable conditions, the plant grows up to 50 m, trunk diameter - less than 1 m. Crohn tree loose, not a lot.The needles are bright green, flattened, located on the shoots alone, or helically beams.Autumn larch needles completely resets.Wood - photophilous, frost, under favorable conditions, capable of adding to the growth of 50-100 cm per year.Low species of larch are used in rocky gardens, and high-assemble in groups or individually planted.
- Larch tonkocheshuychataya - coniferous trees up to 35 meters, diameter of the trunk can be up to - 1 m. It grows well in a dry, cold climate, great transfers shading.The branches of the tree slightly twisted in a spiral, and the bark is reddish-brown color.
- larch European - this kind of different durability (grows about 500 years).Well it takes root in different types of soil: loamy moderately moist, black soil, podzolic, limestone and crystalline rocks.Dark green needles grow in bundles of 40-60 units.
Fir (Abies) has two features: a flat wooden needles and cones grow upwards.Tall plant pyramid shape are horizontally arranged branches.The genus includes about 50 species, of which the most decorative:
- Abies Koreana - shape of a wide tree up to 15 m. In young trees the bark is smooth, gray with a purple tinge, adult plants bark cracks.Especially look beautiful violet-purple buds.
- balsam fir - conifer cone-shaped properly, the height of the plants - up to 25 m. The needles are located on the comb branches, bark - smooth, gray-brown color.The plant got its name for its healing properties.
Pine (Pinus) - important forest-forming tree.Pine light-requiring, hardy, drought-resistant, provides a good annual growth.Through dense crown is very decorative plant and is successfully used in the parks, the gardens of the calcareous, stony and sandy soil.
- Pine Compact glaucoma - a dwarf form of 0.5-0.8 m in height. The branches are thick, short, straight up.Pine grows very slowly.The color of pine needles on the outside - a bluish-green on the outside - a bluish-white.
Spruce (Picea) - a very undemanding plant conifer.In most conifer gardens aesthetically looks blue spruce.
- Spruce barbed (blue) has a bright color of the needles from light green to bright blue.It occurs in single landings and landscaped garden.
also very popular dwarf forms and varieties of spruce: Glauca globosa, Glauca procumbens, Glauca prostrata.
Plant height - the main criterion for selection of conifers
Tall conifers copies can be planted on a large and small area.Often, it is the high conifers take a leading role in the ensemble, and planted them around other plants.Thus, a single harmonious composition.
When planting tall ephedra is important to calculate the location.Over time, the root system of the tree will grow and will take a considerable area.
Popular varieties of tall conifers Garden:
- Spruce Hoopsii - the most common sort of blue spruce in Europe.Popularity ate caused stable, predictable growth.Plant height at the age of 30 - 10 m, width of the crown - 4 m. The tree grows well in lighted areas.The color of pine needles - blue, decorative cones - red.Magnificent spruce gives effect in May, due to the contrast of the old rich blue needles and young, light blue gain.
- Juniperus Skyrocket - «the pencil tree" vertically growing large shrub or a tree of medium size: height of about 12 m, width - 5 m. The branches bent up juniper berries bluish-white needles has a dark green color,in the winter pine needles turns dark red.
If growth conifer too fast, it can be suspended.It is enough to graft shoots and prune.The formation of the crown should be carried out annually, or acquire a copy of irregular shapes, and will look unattractive.
Conifers of medium height
If a high view of ephedra plant at the site will be resolved not everyone, then shrubs and trees of average size is very popular with summer residents and gardeners.Traditionally, these plants are planted along the tracks at the entrance, creating hedges and complement their composition.
- Spruce Konica - mutation dwarf spruce.Height of adult plant growing in nature - about 4 meters in greenhouses and gardens spruce does not grow more than 2 meters.Konica growing slowly - up to 6 cm per year.Crohn tree lush, dense, uzkokonicheskaya.The needles are green with a bluish tinge, crown shape - curved sickle.Ornament ate little bumps are located at the top of the crown.
- golden yew - evergreen shrub spherical shape, the height of about 4 meters and a width of 5 meters.Bush has an unusual conifers: the young plants it is a golden yellow color, while the adult specimens - chartreuse.Tees quietly tolerate shading, feels good in the company with short and tall plants.
- yew - compact shrub with thick pine needles.It grows slowly and is different from other conifers are very long-lived - according to various estimates ranging from 1.5 to 4 thousand. Years.Seeds yew envelops bright red fleshy krovelka.The berry yew looks spectacular on a green lawn and hedges.
Dwarf conifers and their form
Breeders brought stunning shapes and varieties of dwarf conifers for the garden, which for several years, can hold almost the same height and shape.The highest types of dwarf can reach 2 meters, compact plants that do not exceed 50 cm, well planted in containers and tubs.
clear geometric forms emphasize the structure of the rocky garden.Dwarf conifers look beautiful in front of the house and in compositions with ornamental grasses.
- Mountain pine Hampi serves as an ornament in the rock garden.The height of a dwarf shrub does not exceed 50 cm, diameter of the crown - not more than 1 m. Solid needles densely covers short shoots.Red-brown buds create a spectacular contrast with the dark green needles.
- Spruce Lombers common - creeping along the ground bush emerald green.Externally similar to spruce spruce branches which carpets the designer assigned to the surface.
General rules placing conifer garden
Landscape designers to create songs from coniferous adhere to the following rules:
- composition of trees and shrubs will be an integral and harmonious only if the distance from the site is not the most comfortable viewingless than the length of the two compositions.
- most preferred background for conifers - a well-kept lawn.
- coniferous shrubs and trees look beautiful from the waters in the company of weeping deciduous plants.
- effective solution is the placement of conifers in landscaping with their orientation to the east or west.
- Conifers not advisable to plant next to the roses, as evergreens tend to allocate to oxidize soil that is bad for delicate roses.
- Ephedra - are indispensable for the creation of gravel garden.
Conifers different species have a wide range of colors.When combining plants into a single design element, it is important to take into account a number of rules of color combinations:
- composition of three elements must contain no more than 2 colors.
- composition of the five elements will look spectacular, if it contains no more than 3 different shades.
- composition consisting of 25 or more copies, should be divided into groups of 3 elements, which must be respected pravilo№1.
When linking conifers important to consider the growth of plants and crown condition in adulthood, to the harmony of the composition over time is not disrupted
compositions of conifers Mixborders
of conifers Mixborders
created along the track, on the background of the fence wall of the houseor hedges.At arrangement of pine mixborders use plants varied in form, color and height.
At the foot of the composition specimens planted low in the center - sreneroslye conifers, and in the background are placed high coniferous trees and shrubs.
Mixborders created on the following principles:
- top of this or that number should not create a straight line;
- mixborders height and width should be in harmony: a site with tall plants should be wider than the section of compact spaces;
- repetition of three to five elements make the composition more interesting and rhythmic.
When zoning gardens often use hedges of conifers.Such a barrier can be placed around the perimeter of the site.In the gardens of the landscape style or modern evergreen hedge is used as a background for the colorful perennials.
A dense hedge, you can create a functional, landed plants in a staggered series 2-3.Suffice it practical and less whimsical hedge is considered to form the planting of Norway spruce.
To separate plot into functional areas are often planted conifers sredneroslye, a height of about 1-2 meters.
composition round view - is a group of plants that any review should look equally impressive.Most of these compositions are placed on the round flower beds, lawns and paving openings.
generation rules composition circular view of conifers:
- planted in the center of the composition, the highest instance of coniferous plants.
- around the central element at the same distance at the height of the plant are planted.
- height of the second row should be no more than ½ and not less than 1/3 of the height of the central ephedra.
Posted by in Area