When the warm season, the citizens are drawn to the fresh air - a picnic by the river or cottage where it is possible to cook something to smoke.Not necessarily it will be a traditional barbecue - fish and shrimp, sausages and chops cooked on the grill, can not be compared with cooked in the oven or in a frying pan.Everything is fried over an open fire, a lot tastier and healthier - excess fat drips out, and the smoke will give a unique taste and aroma.To always use the open method of preparation of delicious food, enough to build a summer cottage stationary furnace grates - a barbecue with his own hands made of brick.
- What is barbecue?
- Otherness devices with an open hearth
- Species barbecue
- choice of location for the construction of brick barbecue
- finished drawings
- Making foundation barbecue
- masonry pedestal
- furnace masonry construction
What is barbecue?
Many culinary delights you can not cook in a city apartment,
In fact, the barbecue - it is structurally the same furnace whose base round a brazier for cooking on the grill meat and other protein foods.There are many similarities with barbecue and meat cooked both ways a little different taste, but has a characteristic mesh pattern from the grid.Special taste dishes prepared in such a way, is not so much dependent on a delicious crust, while reminding fried and smoked meat, but on the specific physical and chemical processes.Denaturation of proteins and fermentation under baked crust keeps its juice inside the meat - at a high temperature is boiling and the excess fat drips out, emerging.
There are different versions about the origin of the word barbeque - from the Roman barbar «Barbarian" (meat cooked over a fire barbaric way) from the Haitian - translated as "bench", which is also true in the form of a brazier.But many linguists are inclined to believe that the word sounds in the French manner, and Indian barbacoa - a method of frying buffalo meat on wooden lattices over the fire.Today, the so-called universal oven outdoors.But the name and the party outdoors, developed into an entire culture pastime, there are even entire international competition on the subject.
Otherness devices with an open hearth
Arabic word "barbecue" translated "roaster", they have a simple structure made of a rectangular metal box on legs with holes.
French "rril" translated "fry".That is a broiler to cook poultry, meat, fish, seafood, where there skewers.
Mixed term "barbecue" Today represents closed at the back of the oven for roasting meat on the fire.But what is common between all these devices, what is the fundamental difference?
1. The total in furnace structures and open braziers one thing - the ability to cook meat on the fire.
2. In stationary furnace fixtures outdoors behind the fryer has the back wall, as in the Russian stove, fireplace or barbecue at the grill is not.
3. Rear partition saves heat and prevents the wind blowing and the heat more evenly coats preparing the product.
4. The chimney, which is at the stove, fireplace and barbecue, removes smoke and fumes away from the cooking, while the grill this is not possible.
5. Fireplace - a device for heating the enclosure, and fry it is possible unless sausages on skewers.
6. In ovens and barbecues can be prepared a variety of dishes, including using a small pan on lattices for pizza and hot toast.
7. Grill is not heated, but only allows you to do dishes on a spit in the oven.
8. Fireplaces have a furnace for firewood and charcoal, and a grill and barbecue - pallet different form (not to be confused with the industrial electrical grill).
9. Grilled lift height can not be adjusted shpazhek over the fire, and have a barbecue this is available.
10. Stove and fireplace store heat longer than open devices for the hearth, they quickly cool down after extinguishing the fire, but it can be done in an oven dish, which for a long time "languishing".
11. Barbecue and Grill landline only do in an open space and a fireplace and oven - in the room.
With the general alignment becomes clear that for the heating of a country house need stove or fireplace and cooking outdoors - universal barbecue.It uses traditional and U-shaped skewers and open grille with handles, easy to flip.
BBQ are not only stationary garden, there is a brazier and portable, which are heated with coal, there are gas and electric appliances.
Mobile or portable barbecues the easiest to install and remove, so they are good at "wild" nature to cook freshly caught fish and game.Small mobile barbecue is designed for the needs of a family or a small company.Mobile model is equipped with wheels, and move in the right corner of the garden, or take their nature.
Stationary barbecue may be a kitchen complex in the depths of the estate, where all output can feed and rest a big company.
Today, some firms make cast iron roaster oven on wheels running on gas, but there is no specific wood smoke.Their advantage - an open fire and heating up the surface of the well, which placed all that is not cooked on skewers or grilled.They are equipped with an indicator to monitor the temperature for cooking.
BBQ brick may be of different configurations and sizes, under the roof, and without it, in the form of a pergola or a corner of your garden from the back side of the street.Form base roasters - triangular, round, square or hexagonal.The choice of form and drawing largely depends on the place in which it will raspolodeno.On a photo of a brick barbecue visible examples, but some of them are acceptable - decide for yourself.
Tip: For a fire and cooking meat in barbecue enclose the wood - small chopped logs, which are available even in supermarkets, and charcoal was added.The most "delicious smoke" give the wood of fruit trees, although suitable waste timber aspen, birch, alder and oak.Resinous trees are not suitable - they give a pungent odor.Before cooking, it is important to burn the kindling, and wait for the heat of the coals.If the temperature is very high, it is removed bryzgalki water.Kindle better long matches, if a little hot - add more coals.On sale is a lattice of different shapes, the most convenient to flip - double on a long handle.Most high-quality gratings have a Teflon coating.Pallets are suitable for pasta dishes and minced meat.
choice of location for the construction of brick barbecue
By choosing a place for a barbecue in brick must be approached responsibly, and considerations on the basis of fire safety.Simply select the angle of the garden and transplanted out a pair of lilac bushes or a series of currants than to extinguish the fire by the wind in the trees and buildings.Better this building in advance to talk with neighbors in the site, if the furnace will close.It is equally important to build the oven a comfortable track, and the area around the pour expanded clay or slag, so as not to remove grease stains with light paving slabs.Well, when next to equip place for a meal together with garden furniture under the awning.
Basic requirements for site:
1. Good access to the site with a barbecue and a water source.
2. The relative proximity to the building for convenience - bring water and food dishes, but so that the heat from the pipe falling on the wall and the roof.
3. The safety distance from the nearest tree and neighbors, and would be good if the back side of the furnace goes out in the street and on the corner of the plot.
4. It is not necessary to do barbecue right next to the shed, garage, greenhouse, bath and other buildings, so that the heat does not create problems.
5. Combining the functions of the furnace and the gazebo is good, but not in the case of planting the plants twine around it, they will degrade the heat
6. When choosing a place near the tree, it is important to consider the height of the tube and the characteristic direction of the wind to spark themno harm, some nearby branches can be cut off in the early spring or fall.
7. Close to a barbecue in any case should not be a children's swing, fuel canisters, fences of reeds, as well as dead wood, hay and firewood
And remember that you can not use the oven kerosene, gasoline or alcohol, and liquidFiring coal can not be impregnated in advance, it only sprinkled wood before using.
Before making a barbecue made of bricks and drawing the necessary calculations, it is important to determine the style of construction, land for organic.Further, the drawings and the drawings is to deal with the design of the furnace barbecue.Whatever the fashionable designs of masonry brick barbecue, the essence of it is the same - focus on a small pedestal with the brazier and bars on it.Chimney, shelves, countertops, a niche for firewood and stands ready meals, adjacent washstand, garden or roof - this is secondary.A desirable level of lattice over the brazier - at about the level of the table, so you can cook.
Whatever were ready drawings barbecue bricks have to do under its own terms - the number of bricks that have been or will need to add the dimensions of the site chosen by the design and construction of a general view of the furnace.The optimal design parameters barbecue:
- total height - up to 1.8 m;
- pedestal - no higher than 0.8-0.9 m;
- brazier - at 0.5-0.7 m below the niche for the drying of wood;
- width of the furnace inside - up to 0.5 m.
principle of "bigger is better" is not appropriate, compact size contributes to a better preservation of the heat.When the drawings are ready and the general sketch of your future heating installations, you can start laying the foundation, as the scheme of brick barbecue.Typically, hundreds of brick missing for these purposes.
Making foundation barbecue
need tools: the capacity for mixing concrete, trowel, shovel, tow wedges and level building.Looking boards for formwork, cement, sand, clay and brick - and refractory lining.For outdoor furnaces typically use fireclay bricks SA and SB brand that withstands temperatures up to 1650 ° C.It makes no sense to do a thorough and costly foundation for barbecue, is more important to work on his general appearance.
The brazier atop the pedestal base mount steel sheet of appropriate dimensions.Liszt, and brazier lattice selected size barbecue.At the base of the chimney insert sheet galvanized, copper or steel in the form of a cap, it can be left open or decorate brick or stone chimney can be lengthened.
For smooth trench under the foundation of a better goal stakes rectangle and pull the harness on the outer and inner perimeter.
1. For the furnace monolithic structures rather shallow U-shaped foundation trench not more than 30-50 cm deep.
2. The bottom of the trench is filled with gravel, watered and tamped.
3. On top of the cushion valves are placed in a grid and make the formwork, metal bars can be added at the corners.
4. Concrete mark 300 kneaded with water of cement and sand 1: 3 and the base of the foundation is poured, confide level and level.
5. The resulting foundation a couple of days allowed to stand, after curing can be done building.
6. Sometimes, instead of limited to the basement dug into the ground reinforced concrete slab.
If there were ever any doubts before the masonry barbecue is dry foundation, you can use the scheme "poryadovkoy barbecue" in the figure, and videos on the subject.If there could be no doubt, start laying the pedestal, as shown in the figure.Consider what will be inside fireclay bricks and cladding - outside.It is laid in 2 rows, shifting further reinforcing rods.Poryadovkoy calculate in advance based schemes and drawings.
stacking bricks made with clay mortar, it is then baked in the heat.Clay to major works slightly moistened to remove excess air.A mixture of red clay, sand, water and a small amount of cement is kneaded until the desired consistency and prepared for laying.
furnace masonry construction
to construction does not dampen, take care of waterproofing - top lay a foundation layer of roofing material.Then you can build a base barbecue, no matter from which bricks, refractory needs around the hearth.Facing brick with rounded corners look more attractive.If you are planning to make the arches on the hearth, the Construct a backup before you do the masonry, it will most successfully put arch and better strengthen its valves.
Each row do shift by a half-brick - masonry reliability without cracks.We remind you that the masonry oven is done with clay mortar with the addition of cement.It is not important how the brick will be laid under the woodpile fireplace inside - there will be wood for drying.
After 5-6 series masonry need to consider supporting projection for stacking steel sheet under the broiler - there will be a pallet.Brick in this place you can put across, and after securing the basis for forming a roasting pan directly from the furnace refractory bricks.
When the oven is equipped, fixed hood over the fireplace pipe.In some cases, it is left open, but most close finishing brick or stone.During the construction of the chimney at the rear make the "tooth" - bending reinforcing rod and bolt.Bricks can be laid flat or on edge.Some
oven barbecue further equip illuminated under an awning or roof, which is convenient in the evening.A good solution would Attached next countertops, shelves, vanity, or an entire pavilion.Decorative finishing barbecue depends on the taste and desires of the owner, but it is better to use ready models pictured barbecue bricks with their hands.Sometimes it makes the whole complex or the construction of a covered arbor type.
Tip: Run a barbecue should be competent, to be able to deal with the open fire and enjoy all the accessories.For example, the fry vat and all metal objects smeared refined vegetable oils and well baked, like a frying pan for pancakes.For unlubricated steel grate fish and meat can take a strong liking.Then, after cooling, they are used as a normal kitchen utensils.Fire should not go up high and go beyond the grille and cover the walls of a barbecue.Soot in the chimney must be periodically removed to reverse thrust when the wind it was not showered in a hearth.