use of decorative panels of plastic is an excellent alternative to the modern materials, whether tile or marble.Their use in interior design at the moment was very topical solution.Decorative panels can be used to trim ceilings and walls.They are water-resistant, so it is best suited for the premises in which an increased level of humidity: bathrooms, showers, swimming pools.
- Advantages wall panels
- Proper material selection
- Creating wooden crates
- installation of wall panels
- final stage
- Helpful hints
Advantages wall panels
plastic - itthe only material that a direct hit of water does not spoil.All the other wall panels are more or less resistant to moisture, so when choosing the material for finishing bathroom need to take this into account.The success of PVC wall panels for bath is the efficiency and speed of working with this material.Let's look at the rest of the advantages of plastic sheeting:
- panels are joined with each other effortlessly without requiring pre-treatment.
- panel has a lot of lateral walls, and this ensures a good strength of the final coating.
- PVC wall panels for bathrooms are able to hide any irregularities, thus giving the desired surface of the decor.
- channels, voids in the panels are ideal to hide the wiring.
- These panels are covered with specialized varnish that protects it from further mechanical damage and ultraviolet radiation.
- Each plastic panel consists of isolated cells, which gives the material insulating properties.
- plastic panels have good thermal insulation performance, and are non-flammable and self-extinguishing.
- Also water resistant wall panels safely tolerate significant changes in temperature, which is also true for the bathrooms.
- They do not stay dirt and dust and any dirt can be removed easily with a damp cloth.
- collection of flowers wall panels includes hundreds of colors.
- Low price wall panels bathroom also applies to the pluses, along with indicators of high quality products allows wall panels firmly to gain a foothold in the Russian market of building materials.
- When fastening the panels are mounted back to back, that gives the room the integrity and completeness of the decor.
- The only drawback could be considered a little stripped down useful surface, which is summarized from the wall rails and panels.But the rack, you can choose as thin as possible.Besides it is possible to select and thinnest panel.
Proper material selection
To select wall panels for installation in the bathroom need to, first of all, to deal with their classification and current colors.Rack panel looks similar to the lining and the fastening system are the following varieties: tongue and groove, tongue and a tongue and groove-groove.Dimensions slatted panels vary within such length of 0.9 - 3 meters, width 13,5-30 cm, thickness 8 - 12 millimeters.If you install such panels in a horizontal direction, it is possible to make the wall visually wider.Installation of vertical wall panels create a sense of higher walls.
Sheet wall panels bathroom looks similar to plywood, the front part of their mimics fine wood, leather and natural stone.The most common dimensions are: Thickness 3 - 6 mm, the size of 1.22 by 2.44 meters.Due to the large size sheets installation of plastic panels of this type is carried out quickly enough.Finish with plastic panels is performed using jointing or sealing joints.
Tile panel manufactured in the form of a square, in a size range substantially between 30 to 30 and 90 to 90 centimeters.Dashboard lets you recreate the type of tile original mosaic.
color wall panels should be in harmony with the surrounding decor.Therefore, for the bathroom is better to choose light colors panel, particularly if the room has a small size.The fact that the gloss can increase the visual space, making it wider and more.The most suitable are the following colors: light pink, peach, blue, golden yellow, pale blue.
better to choose a panel of medium width, although the installation of wide panels will run faster, but more difficult to fit in problem areas, and more remains waste.Narrow panels are adjusted easily, but it will move longer.When buying, check the bathroom wall panel for the absence of dents, chips, holes, and NOT, sections on the front side.The surface of the product over the entire width must be smooth and without waves.And finally, try more in store to connect two panels, the entire length of the joint is supposed to be neat and unobtrusive.
installation PVC panels in the bathroom afford an ordinary person who does not have special skills.This will require very common tools that are available in every house - a hammer, screwdriver and drill.To begin, prepare the material that will be used to finish the bathroom.
to create strips of wood lath take, which are impregnated with a water-resistant composition, or special strips of plastic that are sold in the same outlets where wall panels and PVC.Before installation requires that the wall panels lay for forty minutes at room temperature.Make sure that their joints are dry and clean.
Creating wooden crates
If the walls in the bathroom perfectly smooth and all the angles do not require completion and smooth, while the installation of wall panels in the bathroom can be carried out directly on the concrete foundation walls with special glue.But it is not always advisable, because the walls bathrooms in most cases have different defects, and therefore requires the production of crates of wood, on which you will mount and PVC panels.
To start, do the measurements of surfaces and calculate the size of the vertical beams that make up the wooden frame.Crate made of wooden boards, which have a cross section of 10 by 30 millimeters or metal profile.
Before mounting rails peppered necessary to marking the wall with the building level to prevent irregularities and distortions.If the walls are uneven, a rail enclose small wood pieces, ideally equal to achieve the result.Sleepers must be placed at a distance of 30 centimeters from each other, with the lowest cross is mandatory to be in contact with the floor, the upper limit - border on the edge of the panel.
crate attached to the wall using screws or nails, the choice of metal profiles for mounting screws must be used.After mounting batten fittings and install guides, which are necessary to hide the corner joints of panels.The junction with the floor close PVC skirting choose if you want a model with ducts for wiring.
For mounting rails is recommended to use nails, screws and mounting buckles.If fixation is on the lath of metal profile, you need to take only the self-tapping screws.
installation of wall panels
Before final fastening PVC panels need more time with the help of a plumb to check how the panel is exactly the vertical.Furnish bathroom plastic panels begin at the corner of the room.The whole procedure is reduced to the cutting of panels required level height and install them in the guide.
begin to mount wall panels are best from the door.The first panel mount junction outside and towards the next slot.This technology is the most convenient.Fasten the panel with screws or screws.You can also use the construction stapler, staples are obtained as virtually invisible.After fixing a panel must be installed next.Interestingly, due to the locking fastenings eliminates the need for fitting panels.
When installing the wall panels, you will gradually selected to the corner of the opposite wall.The last panel, usually in size does not fit and needs to be trimmed.To do this, cut the panel using stationery knife and a metal ruler or a corner.The panel is cut very easily, and it will not be difficult to cut out, the main thing - the right of the extinct that will go to waste.
When you approach the corner, measure the top and bottom of the distance from the corner to the nearest bar.On the panel, which will lay down in that place, as do the two marks above and below.Draw a line between the marks using a ruler or straight rail, and on the line to make the cut panel.
Cutting and you can use a hacksaw with a pitch of teeth 1 millimeter.When cutting the plastic wall panels bathroom try to maintain until the end of the protective film.Then, save the presentation and the appearance of finishing in the bathroom you will constantly high level of your professionalism.
bathroom has original features such as the presence of water pipes, sewage and other obstacles that must be avoided.To do this, attach the panel to the problem areas and draw the approximate location marker cut.In no case to delineate with a stock because you can cut too much material.Better to put the panel several times and cut one millimeter.Only then did the panel without gaps and beautiful snaps into place.
Decorating a bathroom is not uncommon in need of maximum sealing of the walls, so the joints connections between wall panels recommended to treat the silicone sealant, evenly distributing it to the entire inner surface of the joint.Sealing help protect walls from excessive moisture and occurrence of mildew.
After finishing the bathroom wall panels to do the final work.They are as decorations doorway and angles.For such purposes intended ebb and special plastic corners.Ebb need to install in the doorway.
The joint panels and decorative tide hidden area, which previously greased waterproof glue and after 15-20 minutes, put in place.It is not necessary to press strongly Area, after all it is made of plastic.The same can smooth the corners of the joints of panels at the corners of the room.
Another bar lies in the following - for the treatment of joints type "wall-ceiling" and "wall-floor" made use of skirting strips.Skirting can take a plastic or wood with lacquer impregnation.Also suitable plinth made of polystyrene.The transition between the wall and the floor is not recommended to perform a polystyrene, because of its high risk of damage.
They snap with simple movements resulting gaps between the frame and the panel.If you are installing the wall panels of the level does not imply that in some places the plinth will pop up.
When installing plastic wall panels in the bathroom to remember some of the things which can not be done:
- can not advance to rip off the wall panels in the bathroom a protective film, if any.
- not recommended strongly to crush and bend the panel, because they will get a very unattractive.
- When attaching the wall panels is not recommended to use a hammer and nails.One slip - and the plastic panel will be spoiled.
- panels is not advisable to make labels with a sharp object, because if you put a label incorrectly, it will not turn away.Spacing should carpenter pencil or a special marker because of their relatively easy to clean with a damp cloth.
- PVC panels can be cut with a hacksaw ordinary wood, but it can only be done instrument with a tooth pitch no more than one millimeter.If you take a hacksaw with a big step, you can tear the edge of the panels.
- Do not cut the panel from the back side.They should be cut only with the decorative front side, as shown in the photo wall panels bathroom.From the section in this case it will not be seen on the set item burrs.
- wallboard When cleaning is not recommended to use chemicals that are not specified in the instruction manual.Otherwise, on the product may stain that nothing will wash off.
Do you realize when working with plastic panels do not need any special skills, but it is necessary to competently approach the material selection, strictly follow the instructions of installation of wall panels in the bathroom and remembered our recommendations.